Tournament BLT II: Best 'Leaderboarders' Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Coming in 7th place this BLT is the Lavender Diancies, managed by Ace. and Hannah. Similar to the Victini's, this team does not have many tours renowned plays, and easily could have been 8th in these rankings but I feel they have a stronger line up than the Tini's.

Lavender Diancies | Manager: @Ace.; Assman: Hannahh
  • mayomayo (NU) - mayomayo should be a very solid pick for the Diancies, since NU is going to be a very tough tier to play in this BLT.
  • Gunner Rohan (Ubers) - ORAS Ubers has been called a very unfun metagame by most players, and playing it for a tour
  • Karalynia (RU) - Should be a solid enough pick for RU, haven't heard anything bad about them at least
  • Catniss Everdeen (DOU) - Another player with a very disappointing BLT run. But who knows, those losses may end up as key motivation to do well
  • le fat kid (OU) - Love the name, but sorry don't know you
  • Maukadragon (UU) - Sorry don't know you
  • xDjPinkiePie (LC) - Surprising pick for the non qual spot compared to other teams due to the general question of "who is xDjPinkiePie"
Overall I think this team easily could have been the 8th team on my rankings, but since I don't really know they players and their capabilities on this team they ended up getting ranked higher. The key player to watch on this team is definitely xDjPinkiePie as being a lesser known non-qual pick may end up driving the teams morale down if losses continue to stack up for arguably the most valuable pick for most teams.

*This rankings does not reflect the view of the tours room as a whole, and this is all for fun so please take it lightly
Please don't manage to be worse my scRUb league ones, you're taking away my niche

My predictions
What he said.
8th -
Lavender Diancies - This squad does have talent. However, what I'm afraid is going to lack in this squad is consistency which is key. Also other teams have really excelling members on there roster so if this team wants to win, they really need to bring there A game every single match.
7th -
Fletchinder Eterna - As I said about the Lavender Diancies, this group does have talent. I'm familiar with a few members on the squad such as milktankmilk, naruto(sage), and hairy toenail. What made me give the edge to you guys over the Lavender Diancies was picking hairytoenail. In your future BLT matches, I believe he will be the person getting you those wins to get you on the board.
6th -
Dewford Dewgongs - I like this team. Jeran and macle for me, stand out a lot in the team. Even though you have two really good players on this team, I worry how the other members will do. Can they pick up the clutch wins that might secure them a high placing?
5th -
Vermillion Volcaronas - For this squad, Eyan, TechBre and AV99 catch my eye. Eyan is a pretty solid player and Tech is really good as well. AV99 has made it far in the last BLT so he has great experience playing NU in this tournament. Now even though you have 3 solid players, other teams are stacked in almost every tier such as the Jirachi's and Celebis. Also, even with those three players that caught my eye, can they live up to there hype?
4th -
Violet Victinis - This team to me is the dark horse. The team has a few underated players which imo will shine in this BLT. You got Wombo who was on the winning team in the last BLT, you got silverwhiteblue who is really good at dubs. Also, having a good dubs player this BLT season seems very critical based on the competition. You also got YABO who I don't know to much, but he plays in a lot of tournaments so he is bound to win some matches. Even though 4th isn't a great placing, this team expecting to not do good WILL do good. They might even make it to 3rd place tbh. With those underated players however, you got others who may not be able to live up to the hype.
3rd -
Canalave Cobalions - This team is really good. Some may be surprised why I didn't stack this team higher. 4 players on this team stand out to me. Jmac, Kiyo, megazard and majaspic 22. Now even though you got a lot of great players, if you want to win BLT, you need every tier legit stacked. Having a minor weak point can get you out of the final.
2nd/1st -
Celestic Celebis &
Jubilife Jirachis - Alright. Now these two teams are imo the POWER HOUSES. This is like Ash vs Gary. I can't tell which team has the edge, but one thing for sure is that all players on both of these teams are beasts. Great job to the managers/assman for these picks.
How dare you dont know LePro$

Coming in 7th place this BLT is the Lavender Diancies, managed by Ace. and Hannah. Similar to the Victini's, this team does not have many tours renowned plays, and easily could have been 8th in these rankings but I feel they have a stronger line up than the Tini's.

Lavender Diancies | Manager: @Ace.; Assman: Hannahh
  • mayomayo (NU) - mayomayo should be a very solid pick for the Diancies, since NU is going to be a very tough tier to play in this BLT.
  • Gunner Rohan (Ubers) - ORAS Ubers has been called a very unfun metagame by most players, and playing it for a tour
  • Karalynia (RU) - Should be a solid enough pick for RU, haven't heard anything bad about them at least
  • Catniss Everdeen (DOU) - Another player with a very disappointing BLT run. But who knows, those losses may end up as key motivation to do well
  • le fat kid (OU) - Love the name, but sorry don't know you
  • Maukadragon (UU) - Sorry don't know you
  • xDjPinkiePie (LC) - Surprising pick for the non qual spot compared to other teams due to the general question of "who is xDjPinkiePie"
Overall I think this team easily could have been the 8th team on my rankings, but since I don't really know they players and their capabilities on this team they ended up getting ranked higher. The key player to watch on this team is definitely xDjPinkiePie as being a lesser known non-qual pick may end up driving the teams morale down if losses continue to stack up for arguably the most valuable pick for most teams.

*This rankings does not reflect the view of the tours room as a whole, and this is all for fun so please take it lightly
Don't underestimate DjPinkiePie....his sets are questionable for LC but keep an eye out...(doesnt matter bc our lc dewgong squad will remain undefeated)

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Coming in 6th on the BLT power rankings is none other than the Dewford Dewgongs. The reason this team is ranked so low is generally due to my general confusion on why they picked the players they did. Looking at the lineup, you have 4 players that would say LC is their main tier, and one of those is even the non-qual spot which is just very confusing in general. The reason they are 6th though, and not any lower is due to the capabilities of a few of their players that should help the team win a few weeks, even with players that lack knowledge in every tier.

Dewford Dewgongs | Manager: Jetpack - While Jetpack did manage to pick up a few good players, I feel he could have handled the draft a lot better, especially when it came down to the non-qual pick
  • jeran (Ubers) - Jeran is probably one of the reasons i ranked this team so high in the first place, due to his battling knowledge and his ability to pick up tiers with ease.
  • LolBron James (UU) - Lolbron seems like a solid enough pick for UU, and is one of the players that should be able to bring in a few wins since he already knows the tier.
  • >$PURPLEDOOSH$< (NU) - Another player that mains LC, picking up a brand new tier for BLT is going to be a challenge for them and it will be interesting to see how this one goes.
  • SharpManAreEpic (RU) - I wasn't really sure what tier Sharp is planning on playing, but since no RU players were picked up I'm guessing he's going to have to pick up RU really quickly or the team is down a tier from the start.
  • EternalSnowman (DOU) - ES could play NU I guess, but looking through the stats he appears to be the only DOU player, and I'm not sure he will be up to the task, but who knows since the competition for DOU isn't as high as other tiers.
  • ready2go202 (OU) - Sorry, don't know you
  • macle (LC) - This was probably the most surprising pick for the team, since they lacked an RU player going into the non-qual pick, but instead pick up the LCTL. I feel this spot was wasted, even though macle is a very capable LC player
This team will probably end up being, who can we trade to make sure our Tier List is complete and we have players that can each tier and know it. This team is going to pretty much depend on Jeran / Macle for teams, battling help, and general other things. If these two start failing, the team could very easily go without a win for the entirety of BLT.

Fact; Victini can beat all Pokemon in this BLT that's why we're going to win!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Victini Hidden Power Steel vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Diancie: 252-300 (104.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 422-500 (104.4 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 432-510 (119 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 324-382 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 382-450 (116.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 540-636 (140.2 - 165.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 418-494 (137.9 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO

LGI
VICTINIS

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Fact; Jirachi can flinch every pokemon in this BLT and that's why we're going to win!

252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 84-100 (25.5 - 30.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO 4 Flinches
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 94-112 (23.2 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery 5-6 Flinches
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 336-400 (110.5 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO Don't even need to flinch it
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 48-57 (13.4 - 15.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever 7-8 Flinches
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 144-171 (44.8 - 53.2%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO 2-3 Flinches
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 96-114 (31.6 - 37.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 3HKO 3-4 Flinches
252+ Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 60-71 (17.5 - 20.8%) -- possible 5HKO 5-6 Flinches

As this shows, the Jirachi's are going to easily hax our way to victory, just like our namesake

Fact; Victini can beat all Pokemon in this BLT that's why we're going to win!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Victini Hidden Power Steel vs. 0 HP / 8 SpD Diancie: 252-300 (104.5 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 422-500 (104.4 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 432-510 (119 - 140.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dewgong: 324-382 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 382-450 (116.1 - 136.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 540-636 (140.2 - 165.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 418-494 (137.9 - 163%) -- guaranteed OHKO
LGI VICTINIS
Okay so Mega diancie outspeeds and kills it off with a diamond storm:
80 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 342-404 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Celebi survives the V-create with focus sash victini gets the speed drop, celebi sets up a Nasty Plot and kills after with Earth Power:
+2 252 SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 490-578 (143.6 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Cobalion has the occa berry survives the hit sets up a SD and kill with Stone edge:
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Occa Berry Cobalion: 216-255 (66.6 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 338-398 (99.1 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO.
You forgot Dewgong has Thick Fat so it's able to eat up the V-create and hit back with a surf + Aqua Jet to kill victini (it has also the Wacan Berry to eat up the bolt strike):
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Dewgong: 243-286 (75.7 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dewgong Surf vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 324-384 (95 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Dewgong Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 60-72 (17.5 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO
Volcarona can just live with sash and 2hko since it's at -1:
252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 228-268 (66.8 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Jirachi just flinches it to dead.
Fletchinder has the Wacan Berry is able to survive the hit sets up a SD and crit victini to dead.
252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wacan Berry Fletchinder: 209-247 (63.7 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini on a critical hit: 402-474 (117.8 - 139%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Okay so Mega diancie outspeeds and kills it off with a diamond storm:
80 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 342-404 (100.2 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Celebi survives the V-create with focus sash victini gets the speed drop, celebi sets up a Nasty Plot and kills after with Earth Power:
+2 252 SpA Celebi Earth Power vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 490-578 (143.6 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Cobalion has the occa berry survives the hit sets up a SD and kill with Stone edge:
252+ Atk Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Occa Berry Cobalion: 216-255 (66.6 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 338-398 (99.1 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO.
You forgot Dewgong has Thick Fat so it's able to eat up the V-create and hit back with a surf + Aqua Jet to kill victini (it has also the Wacan Berry to eat up the bolt strike):
252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thick Fat Dewgong: 243-286 (75.7 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Dewgong Surf vs. -1 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 324-384 (95 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Dewgong Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini: 60-72 (17.5 - 21.1%) -- possible 5HKO
Volcarona is just bad.
Jirachi just flinches it to dead.
Fletchinder has the Wacan Berry is able to survive the hit sets up a SD and crit victini to dead.
252+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Wacan Berry Fletchinder: 209-247 (63.7 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Victini on a critical hit: 402-474 (117.8 - 139%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(Sorry volcarona's i couldn't find a way to beat the victini ;-;)
a) It's reg diancie not mega smh
b) We'll find it dw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)