Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last year there was an official announcement that a writer for a famous horror manga (something about spirals) was going to be writing up Pokemon stories for Halloween this year. I know we had a thread for it, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anybody know if it's still happening? It sounded pretty interesting.

Last year there was an official announcement that a writer for a famous horror manga (something about spirals) was going to be writing up Pokemon stories for Halloween this year. I know we had a thread for it, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anybody know if it's still happening? It sounded pretty interesting.
Here's the Kowapoke thread created from a while back, for reference.

"Kowapoke" was a collaboration of The Pokémon Company with the manga artist Junji Ito to get into the Halloween spirit for Pokémon last year (2014). I don't know if there will be another collaboration this year, but the site from 2014 is still around.

The Kowapoke website's in Japanese (here's a link to it), so I couldn't read any of the text, but there was enough imagery for me to be interested in looking around the site. The site contains various ghostly content, from artwork by Ito to 4-komas featuring Ghost-type Pokémon to various descriptions of Ghost Pokémon and other ominous phenomena known across the Pokémon games and the anime, some of which have seen discussion in Mysteries and Conspiracies thread.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Thanks xD
Different game..
Is there much difference between Omega Ruby, & Alpha Sapphire (Story-Wise)?
No. The only differences are Magma Vs Aqua and which is bad and which is good. You also get a diffrent Lati in each version too.

If I were to obtain the shiny Xern and Yveltal codes from the anime when aired in Japan, would they work on my American system? Or does Japan region lock codes too?

What Pokémon should I train up to be a catcher? Absol can deflect status moves as his Mega but lacks a sleep move, Breloom has the strongest False Swipe but can't status Grass-Types and Gallade has an inaccurate sleep move but Foresight.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What Pokémon should I train up to be a catcher? Absol can deflect status moves as his Mega but lacks a sleep move, Breloom has the strongest False Swipe but can't status Grass-Types and Gallade has an inaccurate sleep move but Foresight.
I use Breloom with False Swipe/Spore/Seed Bomb/Something. At a high enough level it doesn't really matter what you use to be honest, because you're going to smacking most things around pretty easily. It'll likely only be the super high level legendaries from Hoopa Holes that might give you trouble.

...for most things, I just chuck a Quick Ball at the start of battle. If it's a legendary, I follow Buckert's guide on what I need to catch what I'm currently after.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, remember that you can use X Accuracy to make Hypnosis and other inaccurate sleep moves more reliable for long fights with legendaries where you might have to sleep them multiple times before succeeding on a catch.

I was kinda Shocked when I caught a 6IV Adamant Rayquaza on my FIRST go in Alpha Sapphire..
Anyway.. I battled Zinnia's team with it along with Deoxys.. Can I take those EVs off?
If so, how?

Small question regarding game mechanics that would be good to know the answer to for the Spooky Cup: does Lightning Rod redirect your partner's Thunder Wave?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Small question regarding game mechanics that would be good to know the answer to for the Spooky Cup: does Lightning Rod redirect your partner's Thunder Wave?
I have a specific Spooky Cup thread set up in Battle Spot, and there's also the general Battle Mechanics Research thread (acts as a Simple Questions thread too agaik). As we tell everyone who asks stuff like this here: OI is not the place lol...

Anyway, yeah I'm p sure it does (why are you using Pikachu and/or LR Marowak though?)

Bulbapedia said:
Lightningrod now also forces all single-target Electric-type moves used by allies to strike the Pokémon with this Ability, also Electric-type moves used by allies will never miss the Pokémon with this Ability.

If I capture Phantump in X, & trade it to my Alpha Sapphire.. It will evolve during the trade ~!
Will Phantump get registered as captured on my Pokedex?

If I capture Phantump in X, & trade it to my Alpha Sapphire.. It will evolve during the trade ~!
Will Phantump get registered as captured on my Pokedex?
Yes. The Pokémon is still registered when it's sent over as the evolution only activates until after the trade is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)