Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

HOLY. JESUS. CHRIST. This team was harder to make than a really well cooked dessert... but tbh, it took a while, and this was the best result i could pull off.

Well, you already know the G Core (all the 3 members start with G, lmao), but i gave it a more bulky twist. Gardevoir is supposed to support Garchomp, and that is pretty hard to pull out. I thought about Scarf Gardevoir, but regular Gardevoir isn't really good anymore, with any set. Well, this Gardevoir can burn stuff with Will-O-Wisp, and Encore is the tricky move: I want people to believe this is a Mega Gardevoir so they Protect with Amoonguss while the next turn you Encore them... pretty nasty, am i right? Well, the EV spread was as big of a headache as this team: It takes Adamant Mawile's Iron Head, so you're pretty much living a lot of physical attacks, including Double-Edge from Jolly Mega Salamence (all variants). I went Moonblast so Gardevoir could fare better against Dragon-types that give Garchomp trouble, but i'm regretting that since the Amoonguss matchup is really bad. Might wanna change it to Psychic. To be honest, Cresselia would have made my job a lot easier.

Ok, Gyarados has also a pretty interesting set. I went with Thunder Wave due to how slow the team was, and i went with Dragon Dance with only one real reason to use it: Landorus-T. Like, the team lacked a lot of Ice coverage, and i knew Ice Fang wouldn't do too much damage to Landorus-T without a bit of setup, so this is where it ended. The EV spread isn't that complicated either: It can naturally take 2 Rock Slides from Terrakion at -1, so Landorus-T isn't really gonna appreciate this. In the special side, it takes Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, and it outspeeds Rapha's Togekiss.

From here, everything got a bit too standard, because this team was a real mess. Serapis naturally told me that the team needed a Tailwind / Icy Wind user, and because both my Water AND Flying slot are taken by Gyarados, there was little i could do. All i was able to do is add Volcarona, which Kangaskhan fears to target. Volcarona's EV spread allows it to take a Jolly Kangaskhan's Double-Edge (not really that relevant anymore, although it can come in clutch against people that still use it. It's a faster version of Return in Adamant Kangaskhan anyways).

Aegislash is my try to give the team some defensive stability. It's the only thing in the team that can actually pull its weight alone.

Breloom completes the FGW core, and also allows me to partner Gardevoir rather easily. I originally went Scarf Breloom, but tbh, i didn't really like it. It also checks Kangaskhan, which is an asset.

Well, to be honest, this team was pretty hard to build, specially because of using the triple G core which isn't as good as it was in 2014. I could have built something better based on Mega Garchomp, and even then, that team would have been pretty ehh. Well, i hope you enjoy it! Besides all the trouble building around this gave, this is a pretty fun team to use, specially with Gardevoir.
Wow! It's been a while since I've been on Smogon, clearly. I appreciate you building this team, when I first showed it, I figured nobody would take me seriously. But you went to all this effort! Thanks! One more question, do you know of anywhere I could get the 'Mons for this team?? I'd you do, I'd appreciate it!

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Wow! It's been a while since I've been on Smogon, clearly. I appreciate you building this team, when I first showed it, I figured nobody would take me seriously. But you went to all this effort! Thanks! One more question, do you know of anywhere I could get the 'Mons for this team?? I'd you do, I'd appreciate it!
I could breed you some 4-5IVS of Magikarp, Shroomish, Honedge and Larvesta*
*Larvesta would take longer as mine is like 3 IVs.

Can anyone help me with this core? I would appreciate it.

Malamar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

The EVs spread allows it to survive one U-turn from adamant maximum attack Landorus-t and the Sitrus Berry makes this Squid more "bulky". Mostly, Malamar is a interesting Pokémon, it's a good pokémon to bring against who has a CHALK team. Boosts its attack every time that Landorus-t (or whatever Pokémon has Intimidate as trait, like Salamence or Arcanine) makes its entrance. Superpower, over the fact that it gives you more boosts, is for hit dangerous threats like Bisharp, Kangaskhan, Weavile, Terrakion and Mamoswine. Knock Off, powerful STAB, is for Cresselia, Gengar and Aegislash that cannot use King's Shield if It does not want see Malamar with a +2 on attack. Trick Room, well, it's for support the team or anyway thanks to Trick Room Malamar will attack first.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Well I think it's not a surprise to see Kangaskhan with a Trick Room setter. Bulky Kangaskhan so under Trick Room we'll have a fast Kangaskhan that can resist to many attacks like Overheat from Charizard-Y (50% chance to OHKO, Overheat is a powerful STAB), and this forces you to use Inner Focus as trait 'cause fastest opposing Kangaskhans can make you flinch with Fake Out when you wanna make someone flinch too. Low Kick over Power-Up Punch, well, nowadays few players use Power-Up Punch but under Trick Room I think there's no time to lose. Well, Kangaskhan is something like a must have, it has match up against every mega lol.

Jellicent (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

This jellyfish is incredible. For be a bulky Ghost-type Jellicent is a great antimeta Pokémon; With the Trick Room setted we can burn everything and we can say goodbye to M-Kangaskhan, Conkeldurr (No guts plz), Bisharp (beware to Knock off though), Salamence, Mega Swampert, Metagross, etc. Scald for Landorus-t, Mamoswine and Heatran. Mental Herb for avoid Taunt, even if in a situation where I have a Thundurus and my opponent has a Jellicent, taunt wouldn't be the first move that I would use, but nevermind, Thundurus is not the only 'mon that can use Taunt. Ice Beam could be a possible move for hit Thundurus and Special Salamence but I think Recover is a better move. The EVs spread should make Jelli bulky enough to survive one Knock off from maximum attack adamant Landorus-t or one Thunderbolt from LO maximum timid Thundurus.

Hello to everyone! I'd like to build around a core of Charizard-Mega-Y,Sylveon and Wide Guard Special Swampert,because I really like the great coverage they have between Fire-Fairy-Ground moves,without counting other coverage moves obviously (especially Ice Beam on Swampert).I don't have a preference for the sets (swampert actually already has),so feel free to build as you like.Thank you very much!

Hello to everyone! I'd like to build around a core of Charizard-Mega-Y,Sylveon and Wide Guard Special Swampert,because I really like the great coverage they have between Fire-Fairy-Ground moves,without counting other coverage moves obviously (especially Ice Beam on Swampert).I don't have a preference for the sets (swampert actually already has),so feel free to build as you like.Thank you very much!
I'll take this one. I've been trying to build sun so badly...

Manectric_Mega_XY_Shiny_Sprite.gif

Manectric (M)@Manectite
Ability:Lightning Rod/Intimidate
Modest/Timid Nature
EVs:252SpA 4Def 252SpA
Shiny:Yes
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power[Ice]
-Volt Switch/Protect
-Flamethrower

gyarados.gif

Gyarados (F)@Wacan/Lum Berry
Ability:Intimidate
Adamant Nature
EVs:4HP 252Atk 252Spe
Shiny:No
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

The Manectric+Gyarados Core seems to fit really well, especially with the idea to delay Mega Evolution, and take any Electric Attacks via Lightning Rod. Also the chance to double intimidate to knock down potential Earthquakers. I left quite a few things open, and if anybody has a Manectric fit to the specs of the one shown above, let me know, I'll be willing to trade for it.

Attachments

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Well I'm bored so I'll post a core that I have a bit of trouble building with and seems fun to use. Also I like seeing what people come up with.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Belly Drum

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Protect

I like this core because Raichu is one of the best pokemon to help setup Belly Drums. The Azumarill spread allows instant Sitrus Berry after Belly Drum and allows it to survive Salamence Double-Edge and speed creep Azumarill and Mega-Mawile. Raichu is a great pokemon to help setup Belly Drums because it provides Fake Out+ Encore support as well as redirecting Thunderbolts away. Hidden Power Ice and protect depend on how the rest of the team is built. The EV spread allows for Fast Fake Out, Encore as well as the most damage output as there isn't really a point to invest in Raichu's defenses. Interstingly enough the guy before me is also using Lighting Rod redirection.

Chantaraya

Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 124 HP / 92 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Ok, so this is a pretty standard sun team, which i stole the base from sun master ProjectTitan313. It's basically your classic FGW core with a twist. Charizard and Venusaur have their respective pledges as fillers, allowing the team to disrupt Pokemon that think they can stay in safely, such as AV Landorus-T.

Charizard Y as main mega doesn't really have much to say. 188 EVs in speed hit 144, and guess what hits 143? Max Speed Adamant Landorus-T. The defense investment allows you to take weak Rock Slides such as Garchomp and Mamoswine.

Venusaur EV spread is stolen from ProyectTitan itself, and it outspeeds Scarf Hydreigon (a bit faster than Landorus) in Sun. The rest is slapped on defensive stats.

Heatran EV spread allows it to outspeed neutral nature base 70s, most importantly, Bisharp.

Sylveon EV spread is pretty much a modification of Aaron Zheng's Specs Sylveon, adapted to HP ground. As far as i'm aware, it takes Jolly Kangaskhan's Return (haven't used Sylveon in a while, not gonna lie)

Thundurus is also Aaron Zheng's Thundurus, with the speed hitting Breloom and other positive nature base 70s, while taking LO Draco Meteor from Hydreigon and making Adamant Landorus-T Rock Slide a 3HKO (with sitrus).

The building process when quite quickly, not gonna lie. The FGW core provides plenty of super effective coverage, while Heatran gives the team defensive stability. Sylveon gives a bulky fighting type resist (if you use Charizard Y as fighting resist, you're doing it wrong) while also sponge special hits and destroy lives with Hyper Voice. Finally, Thundurus was the member i thought a lot about: This Pokemon is crucial versus Salamence, a Pokemon that can fare nicely vs this team alone.

Last edited:
Chantaraya

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Ok, so this is a pretty standard sun team, which i stole the base from sun master ProjectTitan313. It's basically your classic FGW core with a twist. Charizard and Venusaur have their respective pledges as fillers, allowing the team to disrupt Pokemon that think they can stay in safely, such as AV Landorus-T.

Charizard Y as main mega doesn't really have much to say. 188 EVs in speed hit 144, and guess what hits 143? Max Speed Adamant Landorus-T. The defense investment allows you to take weak Rock Slides such as Garchomp and Mamoswine.

Venusaur EV spread is stolen from ProyectTitan itself, and it outspeeds Scarf Hydreigon (a bit faster than Landorus) in Sun. The rest is slapped on defensive stats.

Heatran EV spread allows it to outspeed neutral nature base 70s, most importantly, Bisharp.

Sylveon EV spread is pretty much a modification of Aaron Zheng's Specs Sylveon, adapted to HP ground. As far as i'm aware, it takes Jolly Kangaskhan's Return (haven't used Sylveon in a while, not gonna lie)

Thundurus is also Aaron Zheng's Thundurus, with the speed hitting Breloom and other positive nature base 70s, while taking LO Draco Meteor from Hydreigon and making Adamant Landorus-T Rock Slide a 3HKO (with sitrus).

The building process when quite quickly, not gonna lie. The FGW core provides plenty of super effective coverage, while Heatran gives the team defensive stability. Sylveon gives a bulky fighting type resist (if you use Charizard Y as fighting resist, you're doing it wrong) while also sponge special hits and destroy lives with Hyper Voice. Finally, Thundurus was the member i thought a lot about: This Pokemon is crucial versus Salamence, a Pokemon that can fare nicely vs this team alone.
Thank you Steven Stone! (sorry i couldn't tag you because I don't know how to do it) The team seems really solid,and I like the idea of the pledges for Charizard and Venusaur.Only a question:what do the evs on Swampert accomplish exactly?
Also,setup Sylveon is really nice for making some people cry I think.
Anyway thank you very much!

Hi everyone! My core idea is about whimsicott/mega gengar/terrakion. My main idea is to get this "gimmicky" core to the next level by supporting it well.The only things that I would like to have in this core is beat up on whimsicott. The other things are up to the builder. Thank you very much!
Hello everyone! I would like to know if I can modify my request,since I admit that I actually asked a gimmicky core even without giving you the sets.

My modified request is about this core:

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

As you can see,this core involves MixMence and fast LO Heatran,with the specific goal of removing Flying and Dragon resists for Salamence in order to sweep with DE/HV successively.
I've been working on this core since the starting of the VGC15 but I've never actually find a good support for making it consistent.

If my request can be accepted is fine,next time I will be more careful with my requests,I absolutely don't complain.
Thank you!

Well I'm bored so I'll post a core that I have a bit of trouble building with and seems fun to use. Also I like seeing what people come up with.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Belly Drum

Raichu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Protect

I like this core because Raichu is one of the best pokemon to help setup Belly Drums. The Azumarill spread allows instant Sitrus Berry after Belly Drum and allows it to survive Salamence Double-Edge and speed creep Azumarill and Mega-Mawile. Raichu is a great pokemon to help setup Belly Drums because it provides Fake Out+ Encore support as well as redirecting Thunderbolts away. Hidden Power Ice and protect depend on how the rest of the team is built. The EV spread allows for Fast Fake Out, Encore as well as the most damage output as there isn't really a point to invest in Raichu's defenses. Interstingly enough the guy before me is also using Lighting Rod redirection.
What's the purpose of the 28 Speed on Azumarill?

Chantaraya

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

> Calm Mind on Sylveon
You heartless bastard. :P

You know, I might try the team on my own, been playing around with the starter core a lot.
Scald doesn't do much on its own; only time you use it is against Talonflame, really. Any other Fire mon is hit harder by Earth Power, and opposing Zard-Y will just Solarbeam you to death + laugh at Scald anyway. I use Water Pledge because its identical against Talonflame, but primarily because Grass + Water Pledge is so devastating its not even funny. Suicune and Milotic are either OHKO'd, or take grievous damage from Swampert's LO Grass Pledge (remember, slower user uses the move, and Swampy is always slowest on the core) and the Swamp effect is the exact opposite of a Tailwind; this Speed advantage can be very dangerous, and Swampert itself is extremely deadly with its amazing coverage when it outspeeds you. imo, its worth more than a 30% burn chance. Never, ever use Fire + Water; very low power, nearly useless side effect.

Thank you Steven Stone! (sorry i couldn't tag you because I don't know how to do it) The team seems really solid,and I like the idea of the pledges for Charizard and Venusaur.Only a question:what do the evs on Swampert accomplish exactly?
Also,setup Sylveon is really nice for making some people cry I think.
Anyway thank you very much!
Swampert's EVs in a nutshell:

- Bulk avoids a 2HKO from Scarf Adamant Landog's EQ; LO recoil obviously brings this into question. Generally, survives hits like Terrakion's CC, but not quite in the bracket of Mega Khan Double-Edge or Hydreigon's Specs DM. Survives trucks, not nukes.
- Speed outruns max Speed Thundurus-I/Tornadus-I (base 111 speed) with Tailwind active.
- With LO, you achieve a giant list of KO's:
>> Mega Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Heatran, Mega Mawile, Terrakion, Mega Manectric, Talonflame*, 4/0 Moltres*, and Excadrill are all OHKO'd.
>> (nearly all) Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Aegislash, Hydreigon, 68 HP/188 Sp. Def Solid Rock Rhyperior (even with AV), (most) Zapdos, most variants of Tornadus-I and Tornadus-T, and bulky Entei among even more shit is cleanly 2HKO'd.
* Outside of Sun. Talonflame will probably kill itself via recoil anyway, and Moltres - well, isn't very common.

tl;dr The more Char-Y doesn't like it, the more Swampert murders it.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone help me with this core? I would appreciate it.

Malamar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

The EVs spread allows it to survive one U-turn from adamant maximum attack Landorus-t and the Sitrus Berry makes this Squid more "bulky". Mostly, Malamar is a interesting Pokémon, it's a good pokémon to bring against who has a CHALK team. Boosts its attack every time that Landorus-t (or whatever Pokémon has Intimidate as trait, like Salamence or Arcanine) makes its entrance. Superpower, over the fact that it gives you more boosts, is for hit dangerous threats like Bisharp, Kangaskhan, Weavile, Terrakion and Mamoswine. Knock Off, powerful STAB, is for Cresselia, Gengar and Aegislash that cannot use King's Shield if It does not want see Malamar with a +2 on attack. Trick Room, well, it's for support the team or anyway thanks to Trick Room Malamar will attack first.

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Well I think it's not a surprise to see Kangaskhan with a Trick Room setter. Bulky Kangaskhan so under Trick Room we'll have a fast Kangaskhan that can resist to many attacks like Overheat from Charizard-Y (50% chance to OHKO, Overheat is a powerful STAB), and this forces you to use Inner Focus as trait 'cause fastest opposing Kangaskhans can make you flinch with Fake Out when you wanna make someone flinch too. Low Kick over Power-Up Punch, well, nowadays few players use Power-Up Punch but under Trick Room I think there's no time to lose. Well, Kangaskhan is something like a must have, it has match up against every mega lol.

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

This jellyfish is incredible. For be a bulky Ghost-type Jellicent is a great antimeta Pokémon; With the Trick Room setted we can burn everything and we can say goodbye to M-Kangaskhan, Conkeldurr (No guts plz), Bisharp (beware to Knock off though), Salamence, Mega Swampert, Metagross, etc. Scald for Landorus-t, Mamoswine and Heatran. Mental Herb for avoid Taunt, even if in a situation where I have a Thundurus and my opponent has a Jellicent, taunt wouldn't be the first move that I would use, but nevermind, Thundurus is not the only 'mon that can use Taunt. Ice Beam could be a possible move for hit Thundurus and Special Salamence but I think Recover is a better move. The EVs spread should make Jelli bulky enough to survive one Knock off from maximum attack adamant Landorus-t or one Thunderbolt from LO maximum timid Thundurus.
I'd like a shot at this if its not too late

Hello everyone! I would like to know if I can modify my request,since I admit that I actually asked a gimmicky core even without giving you the sets.

My modified request is about this core:

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

As you can see,this core involves MixMence and fast LO Heatran,with the specific goal of removing Flying and Dragon resists for Salamence in order to sweep with DE/HV successively.
I've been working on this core since the starting of the VGC15 but I've never actually find a good support for making it consistent.

If my request can be accepted is fine,next time I will be more careful with my requests,I absolutely don't complain.
Thank you!
With my hands empty, i'll do this one. Why? Because it has to be different to the one i built before. It's for my own good

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Melon Vodka

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 116 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 136 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Malamar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Not sure if you even still follow this thread, but here is your team! Right off the bat I noticed that your Kangaskhan, Malamar, Jellicent trio had big issues with Mega Gardevoir Amoonguss. Escavalier was my first thought but it makes your Charizard matchup god awful and youre still forced to take chip damage from Amoonguss's Rocky Helmet. So I went with bulky SG Heatran to give you the safest out to the aforementioned mons. I figured with two Trick Room setters you'd want a full TR team so I dumped all the speed Heatran usually runs and just gave it more bulk. The bulk on Heatran guarantees that it survives a Hidden Power Ground from Modest Mega Gardevoir and Mega Charizard. Flash Cannon was chosen so that you can 2HKO Mega Gardevoir at your leisure but if thats not necessary then you can opt for any other move you'd like.

I went with standard Amoonguss because I didn't like your bulky water matchup. The spread allows Amoonguss to tank a Double Edge from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan and a Choice Specs Fire Blast from Hydreigon. I gave it Energy Ball just so that it would have a bit more of a damage output compared to Giga Drain and the Regenerator would heal you back anyway, but you can opt for Giga Drain if you want.

Finally Conkeldurr is a blast from the past from 2013. I saw that you needed a genuine TR sweeper so I slapped on Life Orb Iron Fist Conkledurr because of its absurd power. LO Iron Fist boosted Hammer Arm is a nuke that is even able to power through bulkier pokemon even with a Intimidate stacked on it. If Hammer Arm's accuracy is a little too shaky for you feel free to try out Drain Punch instead but you'll be missing out on a bunch of satisfying KOs. Also here's some damage calcs to show you its power

Also I fixed up your spreads on Malamar and Jellicent a bit. Malamar still tanks the Landorus-T U-turn but I gave it more SpDef to make Malamar more bulky in the long run. Jellicent is able to survive the Knock Off, and LO Thunderbolt from Thundurus as well as a Choice Specs Dark Pulse from Hydreigon now
-1 236+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Hammer Arm vs. 84 HP / 140 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 179-213 (93.7 - 111.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

-1 236+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 164 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 224-265 (121 - 143.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 236+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 198-234 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

236+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 244 HP / 44 Def Thundurus: 195-231 (105.4 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hope you like the team! As always let me know if you have any issues you want to bring up

Hi! n_n

My request is about this offensive core:

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Quick Guard/Stone Edge
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

So...after some experimenting, I've come to the realization that I've been overlooking a rather large part of my teambuilding: eventually, I want to get this team on my physical cartridge, and I have no way to SAV. Which means that, to put it simply, if I have to SR or trade with someone else to get it in-game, or if it needs Hidden Power for coverage, it's not an efficient choice for a team member. Therefore, I'm shifting my focus a bit, and I'd like to try my hand at a sun team of my own, made entirely of pokes that both lack Hidden Power and that I can breed for myself rather than having to rely on RNGesus.

Without further ado, and with much inspiration from ProjectTitan313 's and Steven Stone 's posts above, here's what I'd like to take a closer look at. It's a rather basic FWG starter core, I'm afraid, but hopefully it will be enough to get the job done without OP teammates like Landorus-T and Thundurus.

Charizard-Mega@Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Def/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Modest nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Pledge
- Protect

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

I'm a little unsure of how best to take advantage of Mega Venusaur when I've already got Mega Charizard on the team, since I'm dipping my toes into all kinds of new territory here. If someone decides to build with this, please remember that my restrictions on the rest of the team are no Hidden Power and nothing I can't breed in my physical game. Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited:

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
So...after some experimenting, I've come to the realization that I've been overlooking a rather large part of my teambuilding: eventually, I want to get this team on my physical cartridge, and I have no way to SAV. Which means that, to put it simply, if I have to SR or trade with someone else to get it in-game, or if it needs Hidden Power for coverage, it's not an efficient choice for a team member. Therefore, I'm shifting my focus a bit, and I'd like to try my hand at a sun team of my own, made entirely of pokes that both lack Hidden Power and that I can breed for myself rather than having to rely on RNGesus.

Without further ado, and with much inspiration from ProjectTitan313 's and Steven Stone 's posts above, here's what I'd like to take a closer look at. It's a rather basic FWG starter core, I'm afraid, but hopefully it will be enough to get the job done without OP teammates like Landorus-T and Thundurus.

Charizard-Mega@Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Def/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Modest nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Swampert @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Wide Guard

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Grass Pledge
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

I'm a little unsure of how best to take advantage of Mega Venusaur when I've already got Mega Charizard on the team, since I'm dipping my toes into all kinds of new territory here. If someone decides to build with this, please remember that my restrictions on the rest of the team are no Hidden Power and nothing I can't breed in my physical game. Sorry for the trouble.
Are you sure you don't want Fire Pledge on Charizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)