The LC Open IV - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazar

Banned deucer.
You said we'd play this afternoon but you didn't show up once. I've had my smogtours tab open as much as I could, I really hope you can still get online in the next 4 hours so we can get this done.
could play now, i'm on stours

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just glad that when I got haxed out of LC open that I lost a few speed ties and there were some ambiguous rolls so that I could get the full LC experience:

Why level 5 mons in a tier isn't flawed
Shalomfuga, let's take a quick peek at why your logic is the only thing flawed here :)

MATCH #3
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-91767

★Omfuga: lol
★Omfuga: jesus fuck

^^ This is in response to the Flame Body burn from Ponyta (an ability which exists in UU as well, woah what?!?). You should probably know that you had no way to win at that point, as Drain Punch wouldn't even 2HKO. On the off chance that WoW had missed your Mienfoo on the following turn, maybe you would have had a shot, but 0 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 156 Def Ponyta: 9-12 (42.8 - 57.1%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO which would have allowed Ponyta to Morning Sun repeatedly and eventually land a Flame Body burn. Plus, the Flare Blitz crit (something that also exists in UU, woah WHAT?!?) sealed the deal regardless.

★Omfuga: and winning every speed tie

There wasn't a single Speed tie in that match

★Omfuga: and getting every roll

Not a single roll mattered in that game. Chinchou would have been KO'd by Stealth Rock / Spikes, even if Hack's Chinchou's HP Ground had been a normal roll.

Match #2
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-91766

★Omfuga: I love how in LC people run mienfoo as the mienfoo check

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pineco-offense.3522699/

It explicitly states at the beginning of this RMT (one of the most popular of Gen 6 btw), that Sken "decided to build a Hyper Offense team." Generally, HO isn't going to have solid checks to every Pokemon in the meta, and not a single Pokemon on that team straight-up lose. Last time I played UU, I think I may have seen an HO team.

Match #1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-lc-91765

★Omfuga: lool
★Omfuga: I love
★Omfuga: how LC rolls are just so fucked

If you bothered to check the sets on the analysis or the damage calculator, it's pretty apparent exactly what spread Hack was running. But, of course, "I don't know the tier very well" translates to "Must be the tier's fault."

It's also worth noting that Pawniard's burn couldn't have mattered all that much, considering how little HP it had remaining anyway. Plus, the claim that Speed ties played a major role in your defeat is pretty bullshit, as the only two ties that occurred in that match were Dwebble vs Modest Chinchou and Mienfoo vs Mienfoo. However, Lord Omfuga presents a fantastic idea!

★Omfuga: I hate that about LC
★Omfuga: I wish it were level 10

What a shame that the same two ties would have occurred even at level 10, as one of them was the same Pokemon (but dittos don't happen in other tiers!) and the other may have mattered, but probably would have just resulted in another position for you to choke in :)

Also, I'm struggling to understand why a regular UU player is going to complain about a match with one extra Speed tie when Scald only had the chance to burn once throughout the match. In fact, I'm pretty sure LC is one of the tiers with least amount of games where Scald is a deciding factor, simply due to the omnipresence of clerics and Pokemon like Timburr, Foongus, Chinchou, and Staryu existing. I'm not trying to target another tier, but there's no reason to bitch about a tier's nuances that are clearly more attractive to some than another's, hence why regular LC players exist.

Finally, why are you hating so much? Everybody knows your one true love is LC's biggest threat, Feebas. ALL HAIL OMFEEBAS!

won vs omfuga ggs and sorry about the rng (although I gotta delve further into analyzing that last game cause there was definitely some on both sides that mattered)
Don't worry, I've got you covered

Sorry for long post, felt the need to defend LC + Omfuga blows, no offense to anybody/anything UU-related except for Omfuga ofc, fuck that guy

Last edited:
[10/5/2015 4:49:10 PM] Mambo: who knows
[10/5/2015 4:49:15 PM] Mambo: also
[10/5/2015 4:49:16 PM] Mambo: omfuga
[10/5/2015 4:49:20 PM] Mambo: im gonna fucking wreck you
[10/5/2015 4:49:23 PM] Mambo: in lc open thread
[10/5/2015 4:49:24 PM] Mambo: oml
[10/5/2015 4:49:29 PM] Mambo: prepare for carnage

I'm glad this actually took you 2 hours to write...

A neutral base 67 pokemon and a +speed base 55 pokemon speed tying is retarded. That's not a "pokemon thing" it's an LC thing. At the end of the day you can complain all you want but LC still won't be included in SPL D: If it makes you feel better to make some flashy post I'm glad you can get your frustration out about your tier not being acknowledged as anything

Also I love how rumor comes in here with epic memes supporting team west when he used to cry that team west was an elitist team who didn't acknowledge him as a real player haha

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[10/5/2015 4:49:10 PM] Mambo: who knows
[10/5/2015 4:49:15 PM] Mambo: also
[10/5/2015 4:49:16 PM] Mambo: omfuga
[10/5/2015 4:49:20 PM] Mambo: im gonna fucking wreck you
[10/5/2015 4:49:23 PM] Mambo: in lc open thread
[10/5/2015 4:49:24 PM] Mambo: oml
[10/5/2015 4:49:29 PM] Mambo: prepare for carnage

I'm glad this actually took you 2 hours to write...

A neutral base 67 pokemon and a +speed base 55 pokemon speed tying is retarded. That's not a "pokemon thing" it's an LC thing. At the end of the day you can complain all you want but LC still won't be included in SPL D: If it makes you feel better to make some flashy post I'm glad you can get your frustration out about your tier not being acknowledged as anything

Also I love how you got all your team west buddies to support you when you cried for days about how they didn't acknowledge you as a real player and were a shit team lool
In any Level 100 metagame, a neutral 65 Speed 252 EV Pokemon ties with a positive 55 Speed 252 EV one, so is it really that retarded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)