Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else feel this was a really low scoring week overall? in my league (standard scoring) no one has eclipsed 100 points and every team is under projection

since every league basically starts 80% of the same players, it's not just your imagination

this week i'm going to finish 1st in my money league with 97 points, last week 7/12 teams scored more than 112 points. all my other leagues are in pretty similar boats. only a few players posted crazy elite scores this week, and a lot of superstars kinda shit the bed.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
because I originally drafted Andy Dalton to be my backup, and someone in the league dropped Drew Brees when he got hurt, so I grabbed him off the wire figuring to replace Matt Ryan or use him as trade bait.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RIP.

Looks like I got the W in B league thanks to a stat correction. With Shady ailing I'm hurting a bit at RB though (AP on bye this week too). Probably gonna look to make a trade, if anyone's interested hit me up with an offer.

won in my .5ppr league with Maclin/Woodhead/Wallace putting up good numbers on my bench.

i need the Seahawks D and kicker to love 3 points for my opponent in my standard league.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
because I originally drafted Andy Dalton to be my backup, and someone in the league dropped Drew Brees when he got hurt, so I grabbed him off the wire figuring to replace Matt Ryan or use him as trade bait.
Well there's your answer, dangle your QBs as trade bait for emergence replacements to your starters. See if you can't package a start with a QB for a starter you like.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well there's your answer, dangle your QBs as trade bait for emergence replacements to your starters. See if you can't package a start with a QB for a starter you like.
Tried that, everyone in the league are pansy ass clowns who won't trade unless it's completely one sided in their favor. It's irritating af

debating whether to immediately start Martavis either over Allen Robinson or over Abdullah at FLEX.

guess i'll wait to hear how he does in practice. i'd imagine a giant target like him would be very useful to Vick.

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Yea I have martavis back but I'm tentative to put him in. I have Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins to start. At RB I have Devonta Freeman, Jamaal Charles, and Latavius Murray. Should I bench Murray for Bryant at my FLEX?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Yea I have martavis back but I'm tentative to put him in. I have Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins to start. At RB I have Devonta Freeman, Jamaal Charles, and Latavius Murray. Should I bench Murray for Bryant at my FLEX?
No. Murray is RB2 material to begin with, making him a solid FLEX play in his own right, and until Roethlisberger gets back Bryant's opportunities will be limited.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No. Murray is RB2 material to begin with, making him a solid FLEX play in his own right, and until Roethlisberger gets back Bryant's opportunities will be limited.
Is this so? All accounts I've heard were that Vick and Martavis had some killer chemistry in pre-season.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Is this so? All accounts I've heard were that Vick and Martavis had some killer chemistry in pre-season.
"Vick" and "Preseason" should tell you all you need to know. Sure Haley is going to dial up a couple bombs for Bryant, but they are going to remain a mostly conservative passing attack until Ben returns, making Bryant a very boom-or-bust prospect. Murray is also a proven commodity so far and is startable even as an RB2 or low end RB1, so you've got a much higher floor there. If your other flex option was weaker I'd consider Bryant there, but since it's Murray I'd roll with him.

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you are in a rough spot and you really need to win I would recommend martavis because he has more upside and the San Diego cornerbacks are ailing.

Murray is a safer play but faces a tough Denver run defense. I don't expect him to break one like AP did on Sunday, so I have tempered expectations for that one. A short goal line plunge is certainly possible but I think his total yards will be under 80

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
TFW you go 3-0 in leagues for the first time this year, but lose $60 on .08 and .10 points on FanDuel...

I have three QBs right now in #strongs league cuz I'm still holding Stafford (with Rivers) for a couple weeks to take advantage of matchups and plan to roll with Mariota through the second half of the season. And nobody trades for QBs since it's basically Rodgers + everyone else, much like TEs and Gronk. ;[

Anyone else experiencing this dumb glitch on Yahoo's main page where you're seeing 2013 shit? DECEMBER DUD! Not that I really use Yahoo for my fantasy news anymore but it's aggravating having it be fucked up like that still.

^Rather have Green in either scenario, but I wouldn't say it's "unbalanced"

Have Martavis in a 20 team league and I'm holding him out of my lineup this week even in a league this deep. He could be a red zone option, but Vick can't even get the ball to Brown, so it's wait and see for me. For reference, my other WRs include Jordan Matthews, John Brown, and James Jones.

bludz

Agreed I'd rather have Green in both scenarios. If I was the Green owner I wouldn't bite.

In fairness to Bryant, Vick threw a dime to Brown that would have been a TD if Brown didn't drop it, and he also failed to tiptoe the sideline on another catch (that was a bit high but certainly could have caught it and stayed in bounds - and no I'm not referring to that uncatchable ball on 4th down).

But I agree with your choice not to start him over the other guys. Never heard of anyone in a 20 team league besides the one I'm in, so pretty cool to see its actually a thing lol.

Was offered Megatron/Rivers for Mike Evans/Ryan.

My other QB is Cam Newton, who's #3 QB right now and who I've been starting anyway. However, he is on bye so I'd rather wait a week to make the move. As for WRs, I also have Randall Cobb and Keenan Allen (and Nelson Agholor meh) at WR in a 2 WR 1 Flex league, so I'm pretty stacked there.

By all accounts I feel like I should say yes to this, but I feel like my spare QB would be put to better use trading for a RB upgrade instead since I have Charles/Yeldon/Matt Jones. I've seen some people say Megatron is a good buy low target right now but that offense/QB does not look good... (neither does Tampa's tho lol)

good fantasy advice: chase targets, not touchdowns

Megatron has seemed pretty bad the first four games (27/255/1) but over the last 3 games has seen 17, 13, and 11 targets. Mike Evans did see 17 targets in the Houston game (went 3/32/0 on 8 targets vs Carolina, but Josh Norman is pretty fuckin good), but Megatron is probably an upgrade over him.

Phillip Rivers is not even a downgrade over Ryan to be honest, their passing stats are basically the same even though the Falcons' offense has been loads better (9 rushing TDs so far this season, which has been leeching some of Ryan's effectiveness). You should 100% be starting Cam anyway every week, rushing value is too stronk for QBs and it shows in his stats. besides, if you needed one week to start and play Rivers, the Steelers' secondary isn't exactly a bad target.

QBs are notoriously hard to trade because people tend not to value them as much as they do come draft time. You have two solid QBs, but every other team probably either has a top 10 QB or one that they think will improve as the season goes on (Brees, Manning, Luck) so you will be hard pressed to find a good deal. Cam is more shoppable, especially after he has his bye this week, but I don't think you will have great choices for trading partners anyway if you wait.

There is one guy with lesser Manning and Mariota, not sure if I could swing for his AJ Green/Lacy somehow. But you are right, QBs are hard to trade... I'm going to shoot a couple offers at this guy and if he doesn't bite, I'll just take Megatron. I am fairly worried about Cam being a higher injury risk than other QBs but that's always the trade off for those sweet, sweet rushing TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)