General Introduce yourself!

Name's VXIII, I'm 17
I don't really have a favorite pokemon, just a lot I really like though my favorite type is dark
I only got back into pokemon a couple months ago playing mostly romhacks and only recently learned about competitive
I want to learn about the aspects of competitive and how to build a good team from scratch
My knowledge is extremely vague of how things like ev's, iv's, and natures affect your gameplay, but I'm a fast learner
First and favorite game for me was Emerald

Hello! I'm Xerxos, as you can probably already tell, and I hail from the Nuzlocke Forums. I've been battling on Showdown for over a year now, but it never really occurred to me that I should make a Smogon account until relatively recently. My favorite tier to play right now is PU, though I also enjoy RU.

Hello. I'm Primal Kyogre.
There's not really much to say. I'm trying out competitive battling sometime soon. I'm a pretty big gamer, too.
Hi Primal Kyogre and welcome to Smogon! I'm a pretty big gamer too, playing games from Call of Duty, Soul Calibur, Pokemon, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, etc. I can help you if you want with Competitive, just start a conversation with me.
Name's VXIII, I'm 17
I don't really have a favorite pokemon, just a lot I really like though my favorite type is dark
I only got back into pokemon a couple months ago playing mostly romhacks and only recently learned about competitive
I want to learn about the aspects of competitive and how to build a good team from scratch
My knowledge is extremely vague of how things like ev's, iv's, and natures affect your gameplay, but I'm a fast learner
First and favorite game for me was Emerald
Hi VXIII and welcome! I like the Dark-Type, with Pokemon like Darkrai and Zororark, but my favorite is the Dragon Type. To learn more about Competitive, you can go to the Team Showcase Thread or you can just pm me. I can easily explain to you the aspects of EVs, IVs, and Nature effects.
Hello! I'm Xerxos, as you can probably already tell, and I hail from the Nuzlocke Forums. I've been battling on Showdown for over a year now, but it never really occurred to me that I should make a Smogon account until relatively recently. My favorite tier to play right now is PU, though I also enjoy RU.
hi Xerxos and welcome to Smogon! I never really liked PU as a tier, just because it doesn't have as much of a variety as most other tiers. I've played a little RU, but my knowledge doesn't expand that far. If you need any help or questions answered, you can pm me, QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, or InfernapeTropius11.

I'm meowmeow, I just joined smogon and I like collecting pokemon. I'm building an uber team because I like their designs and story plus they're cute.

Hi Primal Kyogre and welcome to Smogon! I'm a pretty big gamer too, playing games from Call of Duty, Soul Calibur, Pokemon, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, etc. I can help you if you want with Competitive, just start a conversation with me.

Thank you, TheHoodedGamer, for your offer. That would be fantastic! I'd like to have someone to talk to anyways. I don't wanna be a loner.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I'm meowmeow, I just joined smogon and I like collecting pokemon. I'm building an uber team because I like their designs and story plus they're cute.
Hello Meowmeow!
Welcome to Smogon! I also think most Uber Pokemon have great designs, but I don't play the tier too often. Check out the Ubers forum to get started with the community. One of the main threads I'd recommend you getting to know is the Viability Rankings thread, which gives you a guide to the best and not so good Pokemon in the tier. You can find the guide here. If you want some help with building a team in game, visit the Wi-Fi forum to find some Pokemon you might need. Feel free to ask me, Chesty, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer any questions you may have. Enjoy your time here!
Hi! I'm rand and I'm here to try and get into competitive battle. My favorite pokemon is Raichu and I play dragonnest.
Hi rjavenged!
How are you doing? Are there any specific tiers you're interested in? I know Raichu isn't bad in the PU tier, if you're looking for a tier your favorites are viable in. Visit the Competitive Discussion forum here at Smogon and/or take a look at the different competitive discussion rooms in Showdown to learn about each tier and maybe contribute, too! If you'd like help with teambuilding, join the Competitive Tutoring room in Showdown to get some quick teambuilding help. Use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads for help, or PM me or the users I tagged above. Otherwise, I hope you have a great time exploring the forums! :)

Uh hey I hope this is where new people are supposed to post? Anyway you can call me Blizzaja or just Aja if you want,

ALSO if somebody could maybe show me how to upload a default photo thing I'd love you forever lol

Oh yea a few things about me are that Ice is my favorite type even though they're not that good and I read a lot and I'm into learning piano and I might do softball

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
ALSO if somebody could maybe show me how to upload a default photo thing I'd love you forever lol

Oh yea a few things about me are that Ice is my favorite type even though they're not that good and I read a lot and I'm into learning piano and I might do softball
Anyway, welcome to smogon! I'm not sure how to do that, sorry :( Ice is a really cool type (pun absolutely intended :3)! I've used it in monotype (one of my favourite tiers) and while it is generally regarded as a subpar type due to its many weaknesses, it is still a fun type to use with many neat Pokemon. Glaceon happens to be one of my favourite Pokemon, and was my first Eeveelution, in Diamond. I don't play any instruments, but that's cool that you do! I enjoy reading as well--what are some of your favourite books or series or authors? I really love the works of Tamora Pierce, Rick Riordan, and John Flanagan. I do hockey and I've heard softball is fun. Anyway, enjoy your time here! And if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to start a conversation with me, Chesty, QueBien, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyo, just recently joined Smogon a few days ago, and was wondering, how do you tag people in your posts so that they get a notification that someone referenced them?

Hi all, I am new here. I recently got back into Pokemon after not being into it for like 10 years lol I am hooked with Pokemon Showdown. I am not that great at it but I am improving. I am hoping joining here helps. Favorite pokemon is Vaporeon and I love cats. lol I play video games, draw, write, and own a cat blog.

QueBien

Hi, my name is Marcel, I'm from Germany and currently 20 years old! I'm here to hone my English skills and to find new international Pokémon friends, of course. I also enjoy playing lower tiers at the moment so if somebody wants to give me some tips, I'd be more than happy!
Hi Marcel!
Nice to meet you! If you need help with anything related to the English language, feel free to send me a PM, and I'll be happy to help. :) As for your competitive skills, I can give you a few quick tips that apply to any tier. For one, find a playstyle you like and build off of that. Work on building teams with Pokemon that cover each others weaknesses. Prediction skills will come in time. Also, get involved with the community! If you like UU, hop on over to the UnderUsed room in Showdown and get to know the people there, or visit the UU subforum here at Smogon to join in the discussions. You could learn a lot about the metagame that way. Anyway, use the Simple Questions threads if you need anything during your time here, or send me, Chesty, Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 a PM, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Have fun here! :)
Hi all, I am new here. I recently got back into Pokemon after not being into it for like 10 years lol I am hooked with Pokemon Showdown. I am not that great at it but I am improving. I am hoping joining here helps. Favorite pokemon is Vaporeon and I love cats. lol I play video games, draw, write, and own a cat blog.
Welcome Britanica!
I started playing Pokemon a couple years back and thanks to Showdown, I never left. I was terrible when I started, but thanks to both the friends I made here and in Showdown, as well as by practicing, I improved a lot. One of the many resources Smogon offers is this PokeDex full of Pokemon analyses. You can find movesets, team options, checks, and counters using that guide. I've liked the Eeveelutions, my favorite being Sylveon, but I like the Zorua evolution line the most. Aside from Pokemon, I play a lot of other videogames, am learning to code, and enjoy graphic design. Well, use the questions threads I mentioned above and/or tag the above users if you need help. I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Hies!! !My Name is Karl, Im from Central America.

My favorite pokemon are MegaCharizard Y, Mega Gallade and Mega Lucario**** <-- He's the best!

Im just here basically to help my teams get rated, Learn how to properly create a team and get help on creating a fresh new team!

My Favorite Games are pokemon Red, Gold and y/OR

Also a GoT fan here!
:D I think that'd be all, Have a nice one!

Attachments

Hi, my name is Marcel, I'm from Germany and currently 20 years old! I'm here to hone my English skills and to find new international Pokémon friends, of course. I also enjoy playing lower tiers at the moment so if somebody wants to give me some tips, I'd be more than happy!
Your English is better than most English speakers I know tbh lol

Hey everyone shout out to u all my nickname is gawayne some say Gawy I'm from the Caribbean to be specific Jamaica I'm 21 years old, gender male have been playing the Pokémon meta for sometime now as far back as red and blue version, and now omega ruby. Started building competitive teams since fifth gen, never entered any tournaments though always wanted to try. Been roaming around Smogon for something till I finally joined recently. Reason for joining I'm seeking to improve my skills as well as help others where possibly. Anyone is welcomed to pm me.

QueBien

Hies!! !My Name is Karl, Im from Central America.

My favorite pokemon are MegaCharizard Y, Mega Gallade and Mega Lucario**** <-- He's the best!

Im just here basically to help my teams get rated, Learn how to properly create a team and get help on creating a fresh new team!

My Favorite Games are pokemon Red, Gold and y/OR

Also a GoT fan here!
:D I think that'd be all, Have a nice one!
Hey steffan08!
Welcome to the forums! My favorite non-mega Pokemon is Bisharp, but my favorite Mega Evolution is Lucario, too! :D I guess it's because of its awesome design, great stats, and cool typing. If I had to pick my favorite game in the series, it'd be Emerald, followed by Y. As for getting your teams rated and receive advice on possible improvements, the RMT forum is the place for you. Be sure to read the rules, however! If you need help building teams, visit the Competitive Tutoring room in Showdown to receive quick teambuilding help. You can also sign up for the Tutoring Program to improve your competitive battling skills overall. If you need anything, feel free to send me a PM. Have a good time!
Hey everyone shout out to u all my nickname is gawayne some say Gawy I'm from the Caribbean to be specific Jamaica I'm 21 years old, gender male have been playing the Pokémon meta for sometime now as far back as red and blue version, and now omega ruby. Started building competitive teams since fifth gen, never entered any tournaments though always wanted to try. Been roaming around Smogon for something till I finally joined recently. Reason for joining I'm seeking to improve my skills as well as help others where possibly. Anyone is welcomed to pm me.
Nice to meet you Gawy!
How are you? Smogon has a whole subforum specifically for tournaments, which you can find here. In addition, there is a Tournaments room in Showdown dedicated to hosting tournaments, if you're up for that. The tournaments in that room are a bit more casual compared to the ones hosted here. Well, if you have any questions, use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or PM me, Chesty, Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. Have fun and I'll see you around! :)

Hey, Thank you for the advice I will check out the tournament forum. If I have any questions I'll let u know thanks again.

Hello! I'm Crymsia, although you're free to call me by...uhh...well whatever you want. I'm 16, identify as gender neutral, and I plan on stalking the forums endlessly until I die. My favorite Pokémon is Roserade, followed by a plethora of others, and my favorite Pokémon games are Platinum and White at the moment. Apologies for not having any access to the sixth generation but when I do I'll provide a 3DS code shortly afterwards. I'm from the United States, and uhh I have an "interesting life" behind me. I've been cross country several times and I live with a really odd family that I'm not too fond of, so I was hoping to make a home here on Smogon and perhaps make some friends!

To end this introduction, I am often on Pokémon Showdown under the same name, and I'm usually willing to do random battles or OU / UU! Keep in mind that I am not very good at the competitive game, or at least I like to say so, and if you want a real challenge I can't provide one. Sorry.

Also my favorite Pokémon type is Poison. Strange, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm currently playing my first pokemon, Omega Ruby. I'm here so I can learn more about Pokemon. I wanted to try out POkemon because I got interested in the concept of breeding and competitive battling.

Hey! My name is Ada and I've been on Showdown on and off under theAkash for quite some time (around a year now, actually?), but I haven't been very active up until now. I'm a very novice player trying to step up my game by joining in on the community, so hopefully this will help? Either way, I'm hoping it'll be fun to get to know some people here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)