NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh it's midnight, i'll do it tomorrow
The Idiotic One was likely scum
I am very disappointed at this, though I can understand why you think so. I assert that I'm no mafia, however.

but gist: celever asked how likely it was there was at least one indie since we're nerds, i questioned this since our faction is related to Nerds candy, [redacted] said we're both scum as a joke, celever said indie was a third party
There will be a village and one mafia.
I believe there are not any third parties, according to the opening post in the signup thread.

he said it was an added ability on top of his additional ability

the last one seems a bit odd because if we were going to have a non-selfaware backup recruiter then why would we have it given to a PR?
It might do everyone some good if you copy pasted whatever your neighbors said. Anyway, this seems like a setup-related suspicion. Why not ask your neighbor to provide an explanation (in the neighborhood quicktopic) and then post it for him? I'm quite sure there are more than two Neighborizers in the game. They could provide answers to your suspicions.

We're once again falling into set-up related discussion instead of the game, but still: now that two town-alligned Neighborizers are dead, are their roles passed onto other members of their neighborhoods, or does that mean the Not-So-Friendly Neighborinos and the Nerds can no longer grow? If that is the case, I don't know how smart it would be to keep the full set-up of all neighborhoods a secret, since the neighborhoods are (presumably) made up of a realtively high amount of mafia members, now that two villagers are dead. Then again, I have no clue on what the neighborhoods are discussing (except for what acidphoenix posted), so perhaps some progress is being made there.

Regarding acidphoenix' concise write-up, exact quotes would be much-appreciated.

hoenix
10-04-2015
09:59 AM ET (US)
EDIT

DELETE

nvm for obvious reasons
phoenix
10-04-2015
09:49 AM ET (US)i'll post that in the thread once you answer why it's additional "on top of your regular role"
[redacted]
10-04-2015
12:39 AM ET (US)
i never said i was a PR lol, I think you misunderstood that. you should also post that the recruiter is much weaker than i expected (like really weak) and won't have too much impact on the game. also ask if cancerous/TIO is a recruiter as well, im pretty sure each neighborhood has one and it'll be transferred if the recruiter died.

EDIT: i said you were scum because of your plan of me recruit steamroll and celever recruit lightwolf and only using that to find the person to lynch, and it seemed like you were fully aware of the setup and what each neighborhood has (possibly because your mafia teammates spread in different neighborhoods, which is why i was suspicous)

please post this in the thread

EDIT 2: to clear things up, i can recruit people but it will be pretty difficult
Edited 10-04-2015 05:15 AM

phoenix
10-04-2015
12:25 AM ET (US)answer my "this seems a bit odd"
[redacted]
10-03-2015
08:24 PM ET (US)it got passed down

it's an additional role on top of your regular role
acidphoenix
10-03-2015
07:25 PM ET (US)how are you the recruiter now
[redacted]
10-02-2015
11:59 PM ET (US)it's not me, it's you lol
acidphoenix
10-02-2015
11:53 PM ET (US)[redacted]

[redacted]
10-02-2015
11:40 PM ET (US)
apparently each neighborhood probably has a recruiter looking at the people who died

anyways i'm the recruiter now
Edited 10-02-2015 11:42 PM

jalmont^

10-02-2015
11:39 PM ET (US)With Celever's death, the current members of this neighborhood are [redacted] and acidphoenix.
[redacted]
10-02-2015
08:52 PM ET (US)i don't know why you're expecting we have a recruiter. you've been under the assumption that every neighborhood has a recruiter, but that pretty much just causes chaos, i'm pretty sure only some neighborhoods have recruiters.and why would we leave the neighborhood if we're not recruiter? who would want to be a loner during the day?honestly i think acid is scum rn, i don't see why he's trying to block communication and trying to make us lynch each other

anyways i am not recruiter, if you are one i agree with recruiting lightwolf/more cowbell

plus what happens if both recruiters from different neighborhoods recruit the same person? my guess is that there's probably only one recruiter in the game
phoenix
10-02-2015
06:52 PM ET (US)yeah, true.

still, we probably have a recruiter, and the recruiter is probably not scum. The other member may or may not be scum. I KNOW I'm vanilla.
Celever
10-02-2015
06:44 PM ET (US)The neighbourhoods won't be made with such linearity and simplicity -- Jalmont knows better than that.
phoenix
10-02-2015
04:24 PM ET (US)uh

yeah probably tbh
TIO also seems a likely candidate

anyway "Recruiter" just recruits people into neighborhoods meaning it's only strong if you're good with chatting

tbh one of you is probably scum. Looking at how this has shaped up so far it seems most likely that neighborhoods are vanilla/scum/recruiter probably, so [redacted]?

If you aren't recruiter leave the neighborhood.
If you are recruiter, then Celever recruit LightWolf, [redacted] recruit Steamroll

see how easy this is?
Celever
10-02-2015
02:37 PM ET (US)Wow QT is abysmal for formatting.

That /was/ two arrows pointed down with SCUM in the middle.
Celever
10-02-2015
02:36 PM ET (US) | |
| |
| SCUM | acid do you agree? :L
| |
V V
[redacted]
10-02-2015
06:08 AM ET (US)
how do you know we have a "recruiter" i wasn't even aware of its presence. that means it's probably celever that's recruiter, but that sounds broken if every neighborhood has one. it would also be a awkward role for mafia to have. i'm leaning cancerous as scum over TIO, since TIO actually claimed to be part of the village faction correctly while cancerous just made his post like he's some kind of hero.

celever, it's not risky at all. no opportunity cost for a small reward if it succeeds, although i had no idea it was a test too
Edited 10-02-2015 06:11 AM

Celever
10-02-2015
01:56 AM ET (US)Fairly risky strategy though. It's the sort of thing people only fall for once, and obviously the people falling for it will be new so they might legit feel they have to say "I'm town not scum! :O".
phoenix
10-01-2015
08:35 PM ET (US)it works better in RTM, like in the few games with groups like it i have a 100% percent success rate

denial generally correlates with being scum
Celever
10-01-2015
01:03 PM ET (US)lol was that a scumtest? I didn't realise >_>
phoenix
10-01-2015
06:57 AM ET (US)imo recruit LightWolf, whichever one of you is recruiter

also, does it seem likely that The Idiotic One is scum right now?

also, you both suck for not even responding to the scumtest hi scum
jalmont^

10-01-2015
01:27 AM ET (US)Since no one left or entered the neighborhood, you may continue discussion here.

Current members remain the same as when the game began.
acidphoenix
09-28-2015
08:13 PM ET (US)also HI SCUM
acidphoenix
09-28-2015
08:12 PM ET (US)yeah it does, just upon rereading it didn't have anything in quotes as a leave-neighborhood action so I missed it
jalmont^

09-27-2015
10:06 PM ET (US)
Just to make things clear because I think I might've left this out of some people's Role PMs.

With some exceptions (that should be noted in the role PM), you can leave a neighborhood by PMing me during the day. So you can leave whenever you want. You can't come back whenever you want though.

edit: didn't leave anything out of the role PMs but i'll leave this here for clarity's sake
Edited 09-27-2015 10:09 PM

[redacted]
09-27-2015
08:56 PM ET (US)hey acid does it say in your role PM if you can leave your neighborhood?
phoenix
09-26-2015
03:40 PM ET (US)Oh. LOL

I know what an "indie" is, i meant "why would there be at least one indie in our group if we're about candy, not computers / video games?"

LMFAO

I'll unvote you after RVS, I'm keeping you as it for a bit so it isn't obvious it was something you said as neighbor.
Celever
09-26-2015
03:21 PM ET (US)...

I asked you how likely it is that there's at least one indie. You didn't know what indie meant so I told the definition. LMAO >~>
phoenix
09-26-2015
02:57 PM ET (US)How do you know that?

Explain in detail how you are aware of the existence of this third party Indie and I will unvote you.
Celever
09-26-2015
02:12 AM ET (US)Indie is a third party.
[redacted]
09-25-2015
09:14 PM ET (US)you're both scum
phoenix
09-25-2015
05:03 PM ET (US)Also, "indie?" Didn't we just discuss that this was about candy, not "people who like stuff?"

I'm a cavity.
acidphoenix
09-25-2015
04:05 PM ET (US)hi scum
Celever
09-25-2015
11:59 AM ET (US)Hello! So, I don't know if you're all town. Hell, the two of you could both be mafia!

Quick question to you two -- how likely do you think it is that there's at least one indie?
jalmont^

09-25-2015
05:59 AM ET (US)No, you aren't "nerds nerds." You guys and gals just happen to be a big fan of Willy Wonka's Nerds candy. In any case, you all will have to put aside the candy for now if you are to figure out who is responsible for attempting to murder all you townsfolk...

Neighborhood Members:
[redacted]
acidphoenix
Celever

You may post in this quicktopic however many times you would like until the end of day 1. At that time, all replies will be strictly prohibited. Please remember that the game's rules still applies in this quicktopic. Remember that you are neighbors and not masons!

You can talk during the day and night. After each day, a new quicktopic will be provided to take into account for people who might be leaving or joining. All old quicktopics will be accessible to current neighborhood members. Please do not share the links of quicktopics.

Post away!

after this most recent post i am SO MUCH LESS CONFUSED

tbh i think he just didn't know what a "neighborhood recruiter" meant

Alright, I'll just say that one of us has claimed to inherit the Neighborizer role, so that proves that your neighbor was indeed telling the truth. I also don't believe that this game is as simple as 8 town and 4 mafia spread evenly across different neighborhoods, and I'll say I fairly trust Cancerous at the moment.

Steamroll post something

vote steamroll

we spent this entire time and we haven't made much progress, if anything important happened in neighborhoods can you post it here so we have some sort of information to identify a lynch target

Yeah sorry for not posting, I'll toss in my situation.

With two neighborizers gone it's kinda suckish for my position since I'm not affiliated with any neighborhoods, would've been kinda nice if we didn't mislynch MeowMix and Celever didn't die last night. But yeah I pretty much serve no purpose at the moment besides the hilarious fact that I'm not in a neighborhood. I mean yeah you can go ahead with the lynch just keep in mind you're going to completely waste a day, and make it that much easier for mafia to win this.

Not a big fan of Steamroll's post to be honest - maybe I'm missing something and UTO implied that Steamroll has access to some knowledge about the neighborhoods (was the second part of #109 aimed at Steamroll in specific, or general?), but being unafilliated with a neighborhood is not an excuse to not post anything all game. I'm not in a neighborhood either, but hey, gotta make the best out of it, right? The only thing that really sucks is not knowing what sort of information (and how much of it) is going around in the neighborhoods, but we need more discussion in this thread for sure, because nothing is happening right now. So, this is aimed at everyone - who should the lynch move towards? Mostly interested in responses from Eo Et Mortus, rssp1, LightWolf and Steamroll, as I feel those are the players that we've heard the least from.

Yeah sorry for not posting, I'll toss in my situation.

With two neighborizers gone it's kinda suckish for my position since I'm not affiliated with any neighborhoods, would've been kinda nice if we didn't mislynch MeowMix and Celever didn't die last night. But yeah I pretty much serve no purpose at the moment besides the hilarious fact that I'm not in a neighborhood. I mean yeah you can go ahead with the lynch just keep in mind you're going to completely waste a day, and make it that much easier for mafia to win this.
What do you mean you are not affiliated with any neighbourhoods? Also what does it mean when you say that you serve no purpose at the moment? You are basically claiming Vanilla Townie right now, Are you?

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't like it either.

I'm not in a neighborhood either, but hey, gotta make the best out of it, right? The only thing that really sucks is not knowing what sort of information (and how much of it) is going around in the neighborhoods, but we need more discussion in this thread for sure, because nothing is happening right now.
Making the best out of it would be presenting yourself for recruitment in this thread. You implied earlier, on Day 1, the existence of recruiters, so you would certainly not perceive this effort as futile. As I've said before, there does not seem to be any advantages to leaving a neighborhood, and accordingly, there wouldn't be any advantages for remaining neighborhoodless.

Initially being a part of a neighborhood is suspicious, I'll give you that, so I understand that you might think it would be risky to claim as such on Day 1; however, claiming only after someone else claims the same is twice as suspicious. The fact that you juxtaposed your announcement with prompts for others to speak up is doing you no favors; it makes it look like you're trying to gloss over your admission (that you are not part of a neighborhood) and quickly divert general attention to other people. Purposefully or inadvertently, you are trivializing an important piece of information. I assumed everyone was in a neighborhood from the beginning.

More Cowbell, I'd like to know the justification behind your actions: a) Why did you not actively seek to be part of a neighborhood? and b) Why did you admit your status freely just now?

As for Steamroll, I find your apathy suspicious as well. If you're village, don't just encourage us to lynch you. Also, there are back-up recruiters judging by the discussion that precedes this, so there's no excuse to be hopeless if you really are an unaffiliated villager.

More Cowbell, I'd like to know the justification behind your actions: a) Why did you not actively seek to be part of a neighborhood? and b) Why did you admit your status freely just now?
I decided to wait out Day 1, since I wasn't too sure if I was happy about neighboorhoods being in the game. All they did was take up "discussion space", so to say, so all we talked about was rule technicalities. Most of the discussion coming out of the neighborhoods involved baseless suspision based on WIFOM-like situations (see Cancerous' post #47), and I wanted to avoid that. I was hoping the neighborhoods wouldn't become too big of a deal, so all discussion can be held open to everyone in this thread. However, now that the game is progressing, it appears that the neighborhooods are becoming a little more important, and that more discussion is being held in the neighborhood quickchats than in the game thread. Since information is key in mafia, and since a big part of scumhunting will need to be done through the quickchats, I think joining a neighborhood is more beneficial than it was yesterday. I would still prefer more of the game's discussion to take place in the game thread, but if that's not going to happen then being recruited is a better option.

To U-Turn Out, I have not been part of a neighborhood so far.

U-Turn Out, haven't been affiliated with any neighborhood. Gale, I am Vanilla.

As for Steamroll, I find your apathy suspicious as well. If you're village, don't just encourage us to lynch you. Also, there are back-up recruiters judging by the discussion that precedes this, so there's no excuse to be hopeless if you really are an unaffiliated villager.
Yeah it's been hard keeping up with the discussion with outside distractions (work), taking time to read back through all the posts has helped a bit. I'm also not trying to encourage anyone to lynch me, you seriously will waste your time doing so.

I've learned more about how this neighborhood mechanic is working than who really is affiliated with neighborhoods so far. Phoenix's messages show that it is possible mafia could also be a neighborhood recruiter considering the trait is passed on to other members if the recruiter dies. We also still don't know if mafia is already integrated into village, but that doesn't matter because they have knowledge of who's associated with neighborhoods at the moment. Like More Cowbell said, more information is being passed on in the quickchats than in public. If we want to make more of an impact on the game it's better for both of us to just admit our affiliation and hope to get recruited than wait for someone to recruit us or get the bandwagon from a neighborhood later. Considering Jalmont hasn't elaborated on how exactly the neighborhoods work it would be nice to know if people can be directly recruited from one neighborhood to the other without having to leave, and if recruits have the option to join or not. Right now we only have 4 people confirmed to be apart of a neighborhood, if there are really as many as 6 people unaffiliated with neighborhoods right now than it'd be best to try and recruit someone and scumhunt like what phoenix did in his quickchat logs. The more confidence a neighborhood has that they are all Town makes it easier to weed out scum when a recruit joins.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for not having posted this day yet. I will be making one later today(technically tomorrow for me, timezones are fun)

Just posting to make sure I'm still here and all.

People, how is it possible to have so little posts? It's been almost 24 hours since I said something, and since then only Steamroll and LightWolf posted. I don't know if anything is happening in the quickchats, but this level of activity is terrible and takes away our main means of scumhunting.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Okay so here is my, sadly very short beef.

Firstly, I agree with More Cowbell(not on the fuck neighbourhoods part, I want them to have a point), too much is just discussing rules, frankly I'd suspect everyone who pushed that discussion into the forefront, but that's kinda pointless when there is no alternative present and people(including me) are not talking in the first place.

Speaking of More Cowbell, I don't know why but every time I want to post, I see something you did I don't like, but then I don't see why a mafia would ever do it, like not revoting after it is pointed out you nearly screwed us out of a lynch all together, or when you were the first to push for the lynch due to lack of info on leaving the neighbou.... Hmm I was gonna end this rant with that nothing you did makes sense for mafia, so you are okay, but I realised, how little sense your push back then makes, now that you claimed to have been in no neighbourhood from the start, you had no idea on neighbourhood rules, yet you jumped on that wagon as one of the first? Explain that please.

I also know that there a LOT of non entities in the thread, including yet again me, but someone who actually posts yet doesn't really say anything, is generally worse. Gale what is up with your posts, you ask silly questions that are at best pointless at worst role fishing, and your opinions this day boil down to disliking stuff and joking around about why you'd lynch phoenix.

The noncontent problem also applies to U-Turn Out, with an out of the blue "Hey Steamroll, post" post, fell free to explain that, though I can sorta guess.

I shall Vote Gale Wing Srock for now.

Firstly, I agree with More Cowbell(not on the fuck neighbourhoods part, I want them to have a point), too much is just discussing rules, frankly I'd suspect everyone who pushed that discussion into the forefront, but that's kinda pointless when there is no alternative present and people(including me) are not talking in the first place.

Speaking of More Cowbell, I don't know why but every time I want to post, I see something you did I don't like, but then I don't see why a mafia would ever do it, like not revoting after it is pointed out you nearly screwed us out of a lynch all together, or when you were the first to push for the lynch due to lack of info on leaving the neighbou.... Hmm I was gonna end this rant with that nothing you did makes sense for mafia, so you are okay, but I realised, how little sense your push back then makes, now that you claimed to have been in no neighbourhood from the start, you had no idea on neighbourhood rules, yet you jumped on that wagon as one of the first? Explain that please.

I also know that there a LOT of non entities in the thread, including yet again me, but someone who actually posts yet doesn't really say anything, is generally worse. Gale what is up with your posts, you ask silly questions that are at best pointless at worst role fishing, and your opinions this day boil down to disliking stuff and joking around about why you'd lynch phoenix.

The noncontent problem also applies to U-Turn Out, with an out of the blue "Hey Steamroll, post" post, fell free to explain that, though I can sorta guess.

I shall Vote Gale Wing Srock for now.
Are you scum with More Cowbell? Because your vote on me, makes no sense. Everyone is doing the same thing, and just because you are posting fluff, it doesn't mean there is content in your post.

All I am learning from your post is that you are not liking More Cowbell's posts, but don't think of him as mafia, but it could be the other way too. That is even worse than what I am doing. You are taking us into Wifom and confusing us further.

Also, there are a bunch of folks who haven't posted content. Why come after me? Because I voted for More Cowbell? How blatantly scummy of you.

The reason I voted for MeowMixx off the bat was exactly because I don't know the specifics about the neighborhoods; as you may recall from my post #68, a big part of my vote stems from confusion, and the fact that at the time there was little discussion on potential lynch targets. The reason I didn't vote again is because 1) I'm terrible at mafia and 2) because with my unvote, it would've been easier to swap to another lynch target at the last minute, with 2 more votes I believe.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I actually accused More Cowbell of something in my post though, which you seemed to completely miss.

Also no, only U-Turn can be considered posting fluff right now, and I'm fair sure I more than mentioned him. Your posts literally amount to "Phoenix posted something that confuses me, lets lynch him! <insert line that implies you were joking>!" "I don't like this, VOTE" "Steamroll you claiming vanilla townie huh HUH? Tell me.". What pray tell was a meaningful contribution in those.

As for why I'm going after people that post rather than those who didn't, BECAUSE THE ONLY BASIS AGAINST IDLERS IS THAT THEY SAID NOTHING! It's a waste of time the vanish when they start posting, which they should be, but prosecuting idlers is a waste. Someone who posts something that amounts to nothing is on the other hand far more suspicious, as such a person tries to look active without contributing much.

Back to More Cowbell, I'm not setting up a WIFOMs to be discussed about him, to me there is no reason to pretend miscount votes to fuck the day up when it'd cost him his life, nor would it benefit him as mafia to prosecute someone based on information he should know was true. The best WIFOM there is that he didn't remove to distance himself from a lynch he thought or knew was on a villager, but that's a trait not restricted to mafia. Accusing me of try to throw out wifoms to confuse thee village is silly, all I tried arguing was getting More Cowbell to reflect upon his odd behavior because it irked me half his posts annoy me while the other half tries to promote meaningful discussion, till I found that questionable inconsistency that is.

So addressing More Cowbell now who had posted while I was writing this. See this is why I can't keep looking away from you, why would you think I mean the MeowMixx lynch where your reason was unrelated to neighbourhood rules, by that extension everyone's was. I mean the acidphoenix push where you were the most articulate poster jumping on him for stating a rule some didn't know about, but the difference is you SHOULDN'T have known about it in the first place, yet you questioned him just as much.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Okay, I know we're all tired of discussing game mechanics, but I do think there is some significance to some people starting neighborhoodless. For the sake of the immediate discussion, I'll refrain from remarking on this point currently since everything I've thought of so far is merely speculation; however, I do think it might behoove us to consider whether it is more likely scum would start out in a neighborhood or not.

More Cowbell: Going back to my last post, the one directed at you, and your response. I can't say I follow your reasoning. You initially thought neighborhoods tended to promote WIFOM situations and therefore did not try and join one. While your claim may be true, I don't agree with the conclusion you derived from it. So what if they promote WIFOM situations? You always have the option of parsing information you deem useless and retaining information you deem significant. I just don't see why you would ever deliberately cut yourself off from a form of possibly meaningful communication, especially since you've been constantly prompting people to post more in this thread. High posting activity in this thread and high posting activity in a neighborhood are not mutually exclusive unless you deliberately make it so.

Having said that, you said you changed your mind, but by what? acidphoenix's back-and-forth with his neighbor? That basically ended up being another WIFOM situation, yet you now assert that neighborhoods are going to be critical for scumhunting? If you haven't joined a neighborhood, on what basis can you make this claim AFTER making one to the contrary, given what has taken place in this thread for this day? Additionally, if your mind was so set on joining a neighborhood today, then why did you wait until Steamroll claimed neighborhoodless to claim yourself? What if he hadn't posted that at all?

It seems like a lot of your thoughts and actions have been extremely situation-dependent and not logically consistent with one another, but I'd like to know if I may have misinterpreted anything in your posts.

As for the current topic of discussion: I'm out of time right now, so time permitting, I'll hopefully compose my thoughts later today.

I would like to say that I have had a ton of conversation with my neighbors and that is why I haven't been posting too much in the thread, I didn't really see too much worth responding to since it was mostly setup, so I just wanted to use the time to pressure people.

i found steamroll's post to be fine, he's posting some content and seems kind of honest. I can't get a read off two posts but not enough to justify a lynch.

honestly i don't see too much point in discussing mechanics, based on the information we have I can already assume that most people are in a neighborhood, groups of 3 most likely (celever acid and ???, TIO Cancerous MeowMixxx), the only thing that we can discuss is the neighborless people. honestly i can't find much to talk about there. imo it's just that the recruiters recruit them sometime during the day or the night, then they join the neighborhood. i feel like spending any more time talking about it now isn't neccessary, i would just talk about it at night with neighbors.

i believe more cowbell to be honest about the unvoting by accident to cause a tie but "specifics of a neighborhood" is a bad argument. that doesn't apply to the lynch at all, you're just using your neighborhoodless as an excuse to put out terrible arguments, when you clearly know the game mechanics. i can't tell if he's actually confused or if he's just rambling on.

acid did your opinion change on just that one post from your neighbor or anything else? you've just disappeared after a sudden burst of activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)