2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing performance against Man U on Sunday, was so busy with project work but still managed to watch the match!

Liverpool wanted Rodgers out in the summer but didn't wanna pay him. So they sacked all his backroom staff to try to force him out. I thought it looked fishy at the time but he didn't go. So now they must have decided that they'll pay him off his massive 5 year contract. Terrible decisions from the top but that's the gamble.

Amazing performance against Man U on Sunday, was so busy with project work but still managed to watch the match!

Liverpool wanted Rodgers out in the summer but didn't wanna pay him. So they sacked all his backroom staff to try to force him out. I thought it looked fishy at the time but he didn't go. So now they must have decided that they'll pay him off his massive 5 year contract. Terrible decisions from the top but that's the gamble.
That is why I don't think klopp or ancelloti will take the job. They have to play out all the games until january with this current squad, then probably bring in a few players in january and get rid of a few, then finish the season with at least 75% of the squad. Who wants to go into the english media and have a shit storm against them like that? Have an entire turn around in two transfer windows but you don't even get to start. And how much money will liverpool's owners give them? Brendon Rodgers spent I think around 300 million pounds, how much more in the next two windows will the next guy be allowed to spend? Klopp could go there and try to rebuild a side but it would take about 2 or 3 years to see any results and Liverpool fans might not be willing to sit and wait for Klopp to work his magic and that is if he is allowed to work all the decisions. And Liverpool might not get all the talent they want with United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and some other high level teams picking off the talent they are linked with as well. And higher ups could mess with the deals as well or bring players in that Klopp wouldn't want. Or Klopp could wait and take bayerns job next year and walk into title winners every year with semi's in champions league almost guarenteed.
TL;DR Take it from an arsenal fan and dont believe the hype, question what the media says

Looks like it's really happening. Sky and BBC claims that a deal could be announced by the end of the week.

Seems that non-Liverpool fans are the only ones against this move. Just that I find it weird because there are no other high-profile jobs available at the moment and Klopp mentioned that he would love to come to the Premier League one day. Bayern is negotiating a new deal for Guardiola, Van Gaal will be at MU until end of season at least, Mourinho had the vote of confidence, Pellegrini just signed a five-year contract last season, Wenger doesn't look like retiring anytime soon, things going rosy at Madrid, etc. so the only vacancy is Liverpool for the immediate future. Plus, not having to compete for jobs with Ancelotti (who said he would only return to football next season) is nice.

Unless you want to echo Redknapp and challenge Klopp to take the Sunderland job, that is. :-)

Looks like it's really happening. Sky and BBC claims that a deal could be announced by the end of the week.

Seems that non-Liverpool fans are the only ones against this move. Just that I find it weird because there are no other high-profile jobs available at the moment and Klopp mentioned that he would love to come to the Premier League one day. Bayern is negotiating a new deal for Guardiola, Van Gaal will be at MU until end of season at least, Mourinho had the vote of confidence, Pellegrini just signed a five-year contract last season, Wenger doesn't look like retiring anytime soon, things going rosy at Madrid, etc. so the only vacancy is Liverpool for the immediate future. Plus, not having to compete for jobs with Ancelotti (who said he would only return to football next season) is nice.

Unless you want to echo Redknapp and challenge Klopp to take the Sunderland job, that is. :-)
Have you not heard from sergio ramos and benzema? Things aren't rosy at madrid lol

Have you not heard from sergio ramos and benzema? Things aren't rosy at madrid lol
I mean results wise. 2nd in table, undefeated in 7 games (Barca have had 2 defeats so far) and one point off the top. Nothing much worth complaining.
Players not liking Benitez? Old news, he's always like that. Benzema still banging the goals in to help them get results. As long as they got results, he will keep the job (Mourinho was known to have had problems with Madrid's players like Ramos, Casillas and Ronaldo but he was only sacked after he failed to get a trophy)

I mean results wise. 2nd in table, undefeated in 7 games (Barca have had 2 defeats so far) and one point off the top. Nothing much worth complaining.
Players not liking Benitez? Old news, he's always like that. Benzema still banging the goals in to help them get results. As long as they got results, he will keep the job (Mourinho was known to have had problems with Madrid's players like Ramos, Casillas and Ronaldo but he was only sacked after he failed to get a trophy)
I mean, maybe la liga could be won this year by them but I don't see them winning champions league this year. And Mourinho had at least a year under his belt before things went sour, this is 7 games in and already trouble. Trying to follow Ancelloti with not doing much at Napoli and doing average at every club since Liverpool and to an extent Chelsea isn't going to give him much wiggle room

Well the job would be his once Van Gaal retires anyway.

In other news, Klopp's 3 year deal has been confirmed by BBC and Sky. Let's see what he can do.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
then lewandowski happened lol. Wolfsburg were beating bayern, then lewandowski happened as well. It just happens lol
did you see the equalising goal? it was just a calamity at the back, a perfect way for scotland to fuck off

There are way too many teams able to qualify for the group stages its about 5 decent teams surrounded by 500 pile of shit teams.

Norway, Albania and Hungary could still all feature, even Cyprus a team who have lost 5 out of 9 and finished 5th in a group containing Wales, Bosnia and Israel.

7 fucking teams who didn't even manage more then 2 points over ten games.

I'd put England behind Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Portugal and maybe Poland.

Last edited:
He might still he is bookies favorite currently for 3rd, unfortunately the award is bias towards the big two Spanish teams. Probably Neymar then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)