UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage
- Roost

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Synthesis

Requesting balance team with CM Florges+LO Kyurem. LO Kyurem is a monster that's not used nearly enough,the only Pokemon that can comfortably switch in to it STABs are nailed by Earth Power, which also helps open up a CM Florges sweep! Preferably I'd like this to be a balance that doesn't get ravaged by the stuff that it usually does like, DD Mence, DD or SD Gatr, SD/Toxic Orb Heracross, and NP/SD Nape. Spike support sounds cool with this core too, but if you can't fit it, that's alright; Preferably the finished squad will also have a way to break stall, and a way to force out +1/+1 Cune and +1/+1 Lax as well. Oh and it shouldn't be weak to fire spam, hope this request isn't too tough.

Last edited:

Lixx

Banned deucer.
for the sake of less aids

I'm looking for a balance/rain offense for this one. Not too many people incorporate offensive swampert into non rain teams, as Dragalge is just an underrated mon I feel

God (Swampert-Mega) @ SwamperAbility: Damp
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake

Mega swampert outspeed base 105 scarfers in rain, the jolly spread is for ada gatr and mamo.

The Leviathen (Dragalge) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Tspikes and plated draco help wear down things swampert can take out later. Not to mention providing a grass/ele switch in is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
I think this could work very well, I love rain dance swampert, and Dragalge handles Swampert main weakness very well, grass, 4x resisting it. Dragalge can also set up toxic spikes to whittle down the opponent to KO range, which I feel Swampert struggles with, in that in barely misses a KO. I think this could make a nice 2-3 pokemon core, and I think the third pokemon could be Gligar or Tornadus, but mainly Tornadus.

Tornadus (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Taunt

~I think you could benefit from using Tornadus as maybe rain support, and get rid of rain on swampert for maybe stealth rocks, curse, superpower, maybe even Mirror Coat, which is what I run. Anyway, Tornadus would be a perfect addition to this core, as it resists grass as well, and has an immunity to ground, which dragalge is weak too, and swampert is nuetral too. Tornadus has great rain support in prankster, and then Hurricane is a hard hitting stab move that never misses in Rain. U-turn is for momentus, and switches into Swampert and Dragalge, to counter weaknesses of electric and rock. Taunt is for more utility support as well.

I think your core is looking really great and I hope I could be a great help! ~LittleRunnerXC

Okay sorry NV. Im going to post this again because I technically didnt follow the rules last time. I wanted a team with

CurseTalk Mega Pert

The reason I wanted this is because Ive used it in OU and its pretty fun. I just started playing UU so my team building isnt great yet and Im not sure if this set is even good in UU but I wanted to try it. I dont really care what you pair it with as long as it works decently and is fun :D Thanks a lot

EDIT: I know the team is being worked on! and take your time hah I only posted this again because my original post didnt really follow the rules of the thread

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think this benefits the purpose of this teambuilding lab. To quote the OP, "Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future." This does not mean throwing out random things for people to steal as a teambuilding request. If the player base didn't have any ideas for teams, they would just take one of the already built teams here, or one from the sample teams thread. If they wanted to see the teambuilding process for one of these, they'd just have a look at the ones already posted. Doing this does nothing more for improving their teambuilding. Think about it, if someone were to c/p one of those Pokemon for building, it'd just create extra work for the builders that the user may not even really want. Also, I'd like to point out that Ferroseed is not even listed in the viability rankings. If it were any other user posting that, it'd be shut down in a heartbeat.

Honestly, I don't doubt your skill as a builder or a player, I can respect what you're capable of. I will say though, that you'd benefit from understanding the aim of this, and thinking from the perspective of the average-intermediate player here.

e: lol post deleted. was fun.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I feel like what DaSpoofy did was give examples to help better those who are submitting mons and cores so they can help us builders, but at the same time I felt DaSpoofy could've done just a general how to instead of specific examples that can now just be stolen. :/

I don't think this benefits the purpose of this teambuilding lab. To quote the OP, "Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future." This does not mean throwing out random things for people to steal as a teambuilding request. If the player base didn't have any ideas for teams, they would just take one of the already built teams here, or one from the sample teams thread. If they wanted to see the teambuilding process for one of these, they'd just have a look at the ones already posted. Doing this does nothing more for improving their teambuilding. Think about it, if someone were to c/p one of those Pokemon for building, it'd just create extra work for the builders that the user may not even really want. Also, I'd like to point out that Ferroseed is not even listed in the viability rankings. If it were any other user posting that, it'd be shut down in a heartbeat.

Honestly, I don't doubt your skill as a builder or a player, I can respect what you're capable of. I will say though, that you'd benefit from understanding the aim of this, and thinking from the perspective of the average-intermediate player here.

e: lol post deleted. was fun.
Yeah I was trying to give out some cool ideas and give examples at the same time. I guess the overall purpose of my post was easily misunderstood. Btw ferroseed was ranked about a month ago. I thought it was still in the rankings.

Reactions: nv
Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock/ Stored Power
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

So I built the core around a standard steel+dragon+fairy core with Steelix-Mega being my ever important volturn stopper. Suicune serves as a check all for most of the tier and also has good synergy for the rest of the team. Florges is running an interesting moveset with worry seed. This allows it to beat last mon Suicune, Snorlax, and Reuncilus as you can toxic it with another mon. Umbreon is also running some heat with sucker punch just for our beloved friend Hoopa. Espeon plays a nice role for the team with its bulky cm set. It acts as a wincon against other stall with a huge boon in magic guard. This lets it be a potent sweeper against weaker teams while also blocking hazards against weaker rockers and causing mindgames. Salamence is running a speed creep for nascar Lucario and it also covers a myriad of threats including Sd gatr.

Replay:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274426828
Wow, thank you so much Serp, this is like a dream team to me. You even included Umbreon which I intended to request alongside Espeon but gave up on the idea later to not to restrict u builder guys too much.

And you know what? I was going to request a team with Mega Steelix in it next week. Did you read my mind or something? Thanks so much again, Serperior for Uber
Well, lemme state this again: thanks Serperior for Uber so much for the team.

But, I believe that I overexaggerated when I said that it was the dream team to me, since when I started testing the team, I noticed some strats of the team didn't really work (at least for me), so I made some crucial changes that I believe that fixes some issues of the team.

• First of all, Espeon has abysmal physical bulk even with the bulk investment to set up multiple Calm Minds throughout the match, and it is outclassed by Reuniclus as a bulky CM sweeper, since Reuniclus actually can absorb Scald burns and Recover is more reliable than Morning Sun since it has more PP and isn’t dependent on weather.

So, I switched to my original spread and it has Baton Pass now along with the SpD investment. Baton Pass has the utility of pivoting into Spikes stacking or purely disruptive pokemon like Froslass and Amoonguss, and it allows you to escape Pursuit.

Now, it is a fact that Espeon doesn’t die to any Pursuit user (except banded Krookodile) if it stays in when at a good portion of health and 2HKO every Pursuit user with Dazzling Gleam except Mega Aero, but it is severely weakened if it does so. Moreover, the trapper might use another move like Stone Edge or Knock Off to completely annihilate Espeon.
  • Since now I don’t have a win condition, I switched to the infamous CroCune to have the most reliable bulky win condition after Reuniclus and CurseLax. Well, not much to explain here, since everybody knows what CroCune does.
  • Worry Seed on one ‘mon and Toxic on another ‘mon seriously doesn’t work without giving the opponent CurseLax/Reuniclus at least two, but most likely three free boosts (and that strategy only works when they are the last mon). So, I decided to give both Toxic and Worry Seed to Florges, and now that I have one free moveslot on Umbreon, I gave Umbreon Wish+Protect since wishpass is a thing that this team lacks. I gave up Synthesis on Florges now that I have Wish on Umbreon, since I still need both Aromatherapy on Florges to clear status and Sucker Punch on Umbreon to deal with Hoopa.
  • Now that I have Wish on Umbreon but lack a phazing move, I decided to put Roar>Rest on Mega Steelix. The only con to this change is that I become kinda weak to SubSD Feraligatr, but that can be dealt with Suicune that has +1 boost to break its Substitute and hope for a Scald burn.

Hope you guys like and approve the changes that I made, because I believe I fixed the issues of the team. n_n

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun
- Baton Pass

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Defog

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Moonblast

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-276475304 <--- battle against iWanka
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-274801109 <--- battle against Cancer On FLEEK
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-276465660 <--- a decent replay that shows Espeon playing around Froslass

Last edited:
Starptor for UU said:
  • First of all, Espeon has abysmal physical bulk even with the bulk investment to set up multiple Calm Minds throughout the match, and it is outclassed by Reuniclus as a bulky CM sweeper, since Reuniclus actually can absorb Scald burns and Recover is more reliable than Morning Sun since it has more HP and isn’t dependent on weather.

So, I switched to my original spread and it has Baton Pass now along with the SpD investment. Baton Pass has the utility of pivoting into Spikes stacking or purely disruptive pokemon like Froslass and Amoonguss, and it allows you to escape Pursuit.

Now, it is a fact that Espeon doesn’t die to any Pursuit user (except banded Krookodile) if it stays in when at a good portion of health and 2HKO every Pursuit user with Dazzling Gleam except Mega Aero, but it is severely weakened if it does so. Moreover, the trapper might use another move like Stone Edge or Knock Off to completely annihilate Espeon.
  • Since now I don’t have a win condition, I switched to the infamous CroCune to have the most reliable bulky win condition after Reuniclus and CurseLax. Well, not much to explain here, since everybody knows what CroCune does.
  • Worry Seed on one ‘mon and Toxic on another ‘mon seriously doesn’t work without giving the opponent CurseLax/Reuniclus at least two, but most likely three free boosts (and that strategy only works when they are the last mon). So, I decided to give both Toxic and Worry Seed to Florges, and now that I have one free moveslot on Umbreon, I gave Umbreon Wish+Protect since wishpass is a thing that this team lacks. I gave up Synthesis on Florges now that I have Wish on Umbreon, since I still need both Aromatherapy on Florges to clear status and Sucker Punch on Umbreon to deal with Hoopa.
  • Now that I have Wish on Umbreon but lack a phazing move, I decided to put Roar>Rest on Mega Steelix. The only con to this change is that I become kinda weak to SubSD Feraligatr, but that can be dealt with Suicune that has +1 boost to break its Substitute and hope for a Scald burn.

Hope you guys like and approve the changes that I made, because I believe I fixed the issues of the team. n_n
I am going to have to respectfully disagree with almost everything you said.

1. Bulky Cm espeon is a very good wincon for a stall team because it cannot be roared out or statused. Trust me, I had low expectations going in but it pleasantly suprised me. While it is true that it is frail, that's where its speed comes in. Most pursuit users get outsped and KOed by espeon. With the little bulk investement, it shoots a lot of holes by outspeeding the more powerful attackers, while not taking enough damage from faster threats. If im not running cm on espeon, I might as well run xatu because I'm not taking advantage of the speed. An espeon without a purpose is mediocre on stall considering spaces are limited and it doesnt pack enough bulk to validate its presence. Cm gives it viable presence as a bulky wincon that cleans up weakened teams, while also breaking opposing stall teams. Collecting cm espeon replays atm

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-277269896 Team gets weakened and fast threats removed, espeon sweeps easily
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-277406962 Same story, team gets weakened, scarf shao eliminated, and LO hydra is left crying itself to sleep because it cant outspeed Espeon. Reunc for example, would lose because it doesn't have the speed to beat hydra.
2. Roartalkcune is probably what makes this team go. It is the best phazer in the tier and is imo the best stop to setup sweepers bar whimsicott. Having cm on suicune is nice, but it makes it a liabilty during rest turns. Suicune's role is not needed as a game winner, its needed as a universal check all sponge, which is what roartalk does perfectly. Not to mention it is probably the hardest thing to break physically.

3. Fair enough, Swapping toxic and heal bell on Umbreon and Florges is probably a better option. Brainfart overlooked that while building.

4. Florges without recovery is garbage tbh. A defining quality of a good wall is its ability to quickly recover the hits it takes from the attacker. Florges will get worn down too quickly and its dependence on umbreon will leave it exposed. Synthesis lets Florges take multiple hits again and again.

5. If you're running wish tect on umbreon go with roar, but if you use my sets then go with rest.

This is my ladder rank with the team right now, so I do feel comfortable with saying that such drastic changes will not improve the team. Not trying to be defensive or anything, but I hope I can convince you to see why your sets are not ideal, at least in my opinion n_n. Its still your call but this is what I found to be the best sets.
2015-10-02_1517.png

Last edited:

Hachisoro (Dragalge) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Draco Meteor
- Haze
- Sludge Wave

Contradicted Shit (Dugtrio) @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Splitting Bills (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

R. Kelly (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Morphine (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail

Knit Thick (Florges) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

ayte Hogg i finally got time to post this. I think I played you with this team the other day, but after a fuck ton of testing and going over the team with others, this was the build I was satisfied with (although i guess that's not saying much @_@). I'm gonna be honest here and say that building a decent team with this core was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but maybe that's because I personally don't like using Duggy since Krook at least offers something defensively and fits more into one slot since you can afford to put SR on it on most builds. But rambling aside, I messed around with the Duggy set because I pretty much used only EQ 95% of the time because Duggy is a weak pos otherwise. Sub is cool for Sucker shenanigans and Sludge Wave is a nice thing for Whimsicott. I added Cobalion as my SR setter since it could check Normal-types, Krook, etc. while pivoting into Duggy or Dragalge if i needed to bring them in. Suicune + Florges is a pretty bog-standard defensive core that I added to tie up most loose ends, seeing as how I needed Fires, Fightings, and Dragons covered...most people prefer RestTalk Roar on these kinds of builds, but opposing Cunes become a real bitch to deal with if you run that set (you could try making them waste Scalds on Cune and try to get rid of boosts with Haze but that puts a bit more pressure on Dragalge and Florges than I would like). Hone Claws Aero serves as a secondary wincon for the most part, as well as checkin stuff like LO Iron Tail Mence (fuck this thing), Nidos, etc. Not too much else to say about this team tho. CM Psychics are a bit annoying but if you can phaze them with Cune and get up a few boosts yourself it shouldn't be so hard.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Here is the offensive balance team for Lixx consisting of Mega Pert + Dragalge.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge / Dragon Fang
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze / Dragon Tail

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast / Surf / Grass Knot

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This team took me a few days to build and get the final sets down but here it is.

I asked Lixx via pm if he wanted an RD pert or a SR pert (because I couldn't find his post) and he said it didn't really matter so for an offensive balance team I went with bulky rocks because It forces a decent amount of switches giving it a good ability to get 'em up. I went with the classic P2 + gligar backbone because it controls hazards and does a good enough job to check threats even though it is prone to some strong wall breakers like mamo and knock off spam. Gligar providing momentum is also a nice touch for the team. I made the dragalge black sludge because I just really like the passive recovery and it still retains massive power so I don't see too much of a loss on that side of the fence, but a draco boosting item works just fine if you like that route. I really like specs helio because it has a nice speed tier and can work quite well in tangent to gligar because gligar's checks include flying types and waters. Gligar can u turn out on those types switching in letting helio come in and poke some holes with that specs on it. To round everything out we have a SD 3 attacks cobalion. (s/o to dodmen for the idea) SE can can beat cobalions most common checks in salamence and non scarfed chandelure variants. +1 Edge does get the Automatic KO on mence after rocks which is really nice and can catch people off guard.

As for some ev clarifacations, Pert is ev'd to outspeed florges post mega and dragalge is ev'd to outspeed reg -speed nature pert.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-277592003 Decent replay I had.
I did also manage to win a room tour using this for 4/5 of my battles.

Hope you guys like it!

#TBT to gen 4 when subpetaya empoleon was a thing

Always wanted to build a team around it but i'm a bad teambuilder soo..
The goal of the set is to set up subs and agilities to 25% where both torrent and petaya berry have popped and it sweeps.
a team around this would be appreciated, do what you want with the playstyle (unless its stall, dont do dat pls ty) change up the spread if you want, i havent run any calcs so its a standard 252/252/4 dealio idk if that needs to change or anything, i'm not good at this lol O_O

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Agility

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough/Superpower

Sorry for lack of picture, but this is my boy Mega Absol. I've always liked Mega Absol ever since I started competitive Pokemon. It has a lot of power behind it- a solid 150 Attack and a good 115 speed. However, it has some weakness, and that is where I'd like the team builders help me out.

Hey y'all, I hope youre well. Looking for a dedicated Tailwind Offense team based around Mixed Nidoking Sheer Force, Life Orb, Earth Power, Ice Beam, Sludge Wave, Superpower which is near unwallable in UU due to its immense power, coverage and Superpower bodying the only Special walls which can deal with it, with only enough speed EVs to outspeed the fastest common scarfer under Tailwind and enough Attack Evs to threaten Blissey, Snorlax and Umbreon with Superpower. Complemented by other nukes such as Specs Adaptability Porygon Z, Specsploud, Life Orb Moxie Honchkrow etc. etc., any wallbreaker that hits with nuclear power but is only UU due to its mediocre speed. The team would need a deterrent to common Protect and Fake Out users such as Mienshao, Umbreon, Mega Beedrill wasting Tailwind turns and a solid answer to bulky waters such as Cune, Vap, Mega Toise etc. Also a foolproof counter to SD Espeed Lucario since its the one setup sweeper whimsicott cant Encore, and an answer to Espeed band Entei.

The other condition is I want the team to include Whimsicott since with prankster it is the most viable Tailwind user in the tier imo, and it can be the offensive Life orb version with Moonblast, Energy Ball, Tailwind, Memento/Encore to act as a counter to fighting, bulky water and dragon types such as Mienshao, Hydrei, Haxorus, Suicune, Vappy etc. or it can be a more defensive support mon with tailwind, encore, moonblast, u turn and lagging tail as the item so that it causes your U Turn to move second under tailwind, netting you a free switch into a glass cannon such as Band Darm or LO Nidoking.
Other options for tailwind users include Tornadus I, due to prankster giving tailwind priority, and it could also run Taunt to prevent hazards, U turn with lagging tail, grass knot to body pert and deal heavy damage to waters, Hurricane just as examples. Or any Tailwind user you think works best on the team (please dont be creative for the sake of it, I want the team to be as effective as possible)

Thanks dudes, Looking forward to seeing what you create,
Peace

Sets:
Pangoro @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Wanna see a balanced or offensive team built around these guys! Doublade can beat Fairy, Flying and is immune to fighting type attacks, whilst Panda smashes stall, and beats Dark Types for Doublade. Both can weaken each others checks/counters comfortably.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd really like to see what one of you guys can come up with here

+

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

This actually has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen play out in my entire life. The idea is, NP Lucario and NP Zoroark offensively complement each other very nicely as Lucario can break a lot of defensive cores with its STABs alone and Flash Cannon allows it to beat Fairy-types. Also, Vacuum Wave allows it to bop Cobalion, which is otherwise a threat to them both. Meanwhile, Zoroark handles stuff like Doublade and bulky Psychic-types such as Slowking and Cresselia.

Also Zoroark's Illusion is really fun here as both Pokemon can learn Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse, so you can pull some really funny mindgames, especially when you lure in Cobalion because they think you're disguising Zoroark as Lucario, only for it to get bopped by a +2 Vacuum Wave etc etc etc.

Have fun!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Master Sunny-EX

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Roost

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Ok so I had a bit of a hard time with this core, but I feel this version of the team has been the most effective. I went for Iron Head > Outrage because I felt like LO Kyurem can act like a lure and as such brings in Florges due to its amazing SpD bulk with its immunity to Kyurem's Dragon STAB moves. Iron Head 2HKOes Florges with Stealth Rock as well. Calm Mind Florges is an amazing win condition completely decimating slow and / or stally teams. RoarCune was added to phaze out the threats you wanted not setting up such as Gatr and Mence. Forretress was added as a more solid physical wall while also providing hazard support (Spikes was used over Stealth Rock once Krookodile was added). Mega Aerodactyl has been a really decent team member and so far this team lacked a Mega so I picked a fast one as this team was pretty slow at this point. Lastly I went with Krookodile for Rocks + Electric immunity + Knock Off support. Hope you enjoy the team and have fun with it! :)

(double post but idc)

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PlatinumBlad3

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Moonblast

Mega Absol was a pretty simple request since it's just a single Pokemon and from the look of your post you didn't really specify what team archetype you were going for so I went ahead and made it an offensive team with some defensive backbone for easier pivoting. I went for a Swords Dance + Superpower Absol so that I could easily bop bulky Normal-types, such as Porygon2 and Snorlax, as well as Steel-types, such as Mega Aggron (after worn down), among other things. Now, this Mega Absol set, as well as Mega Absol in general, has some problems, including weakness to strong priority, faster Pokemon that resist Sucker Punch, Fairy-types, physical walls that could take a +2 hit, lack of good setup opportunities, and so on.

I went ahead and added in a Toxicroak first, as that allowed me to have a solid Scald switch-in, another setup sweeper, more priority, a Fighting-type, and a Pokemon that could easily wear down / remove Absol's checks and counters and vice versa. I chose a Nasty Plot set over a Swords Dance set, as this would allow Toxicroak to be able to have Vacuum Wave, which allows it to revenge kill some threats (after prior damage) the physical set would have trouble doing, such as Choice Scarf Hydreigon and Life Orb Kyurem.

Next, I realized I had a problem facing Entei, entry hazards, and needed a more consistent Fighting-resist, so I chose offensive Defog Salamence, as it allowed me to have a good check to all those things while also having longevity, and it also provided a valuable Ground-immunity.

I then added Doublade in to have a Slurpuff counter, Fairy-resist (which I was severely lacking), Flying-type resist (would've sucked if the whole team got swept by a Crobat lol), Beedrill switch-in, another priority user (can never have too many of these on offense), as well as a good check to a lot of bulky setup sweepers and general annoyances, such as Curse Snorlax, Reuniclus, and Cresselia. This is a Gyro Ball variant so the team has an easier time against Dragon Dance Salamence and other fast things.

At this point, I realised the team got destroyed by Mamoswine, Electric-types, and needed Stealth Rock. This made Swampert the perfect fit, as it gave me a Mamoswine switch-in, Electric-immunity, Stealth Rock, while also keeping good offensive presence, as well as defensive backbone, serving as a secondary switch-in for Entei.

The team then lacked a good switch-in for specially offensive Dragon-types, especially Hydreigon, making Whimsicott a good fit, as it also provided momentum via U-turn, a solid check to most setup sweepers (including DD Gatr, which annoyed my team), and another Scald switch-in.

Last edited:

I would like to have a good competitive team (Balanced or BO) based around this FWG offensive core: I tried to build various teams around it, but they didn't feel right (I lack control during battles). Moves/spreads can be changed freely, altho I would clearly prefer if you could stick with the ones I wrote down. Major "flaw" I noticed is that the core can't do good vs stall, and bulky setup sweepers such as Snorlax or Reuniclus could be a problem as well.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock/Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball/Fire Blast

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rest/Healing Wish
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam/Earth Power
- Psychic

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Toxic/Flare Blitz
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

I'm requesting a team based around VoltTurn with a Dugtrio

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Memento

Basically this core is based around being able bring Dugtrio on things that would normally switch-in to Beedrill and KO them as well as just poking holes in the team leaving Beedrell being able to clean most of it up in the end game. This probably would work well with hazard stack but feel free to build what ever kind of team you want and there sets can be changed up to fit the team as well, Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)