Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Is there any reason I can't use a Blissey in gen 2 OU with this moveset?

Heal bell
Soft-boiled
Thunder
Fire blast

I can't see any reason it couldn't be allowed. Chansey learns heal bell by egg move, soft boiled by level up, and thunder and fire blast by tm. I tried googling but had no luck. Is there something I'm missing?
Heal Bell has a really limited distribution in Gen 2 and the only way to get it onto Chansey is by using Smeargle to Sketch and then chain breeding it down. Before the server crash about an hour ago, there must have been an issue related to that. I tried different combinations of those moves in the teambuilder to make sure and Heal Bell was preventing me from searching for a battle.

After the reset, I was able to use all of those moves with no problems. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-275330802

Try it again, you should be able to use that moveset now.

Heal Bell has a really limited distribution in Gen 2 and the only way to get it onto Chansey is by using Smeargle to Sketch and then chain breeding it down. Before the server crash about an hour ago, there must have been an issue related to that. I tried different combinations of those moves in the teambuilder to make sure and Heal Bell was preventing me from searching for a battle.

After the reset, I was able to use all of those moves with no problems. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-275330802

Try it again, you should be able to use that moveset now.
I was still getting an incompatible moveset using

Fire blast
Thunder
Heal bell
Soft-boiled

However, swapping heal bell and soft-boiled now makes the set valid. Thanks for the help!

After PS! main came back I went onto the teambuilder to find that all of my teams have been deleted. I know for sure I didn't do anything to my cookies and so I went and looked at my cookies in my Chrome browser and this is what I found:
View attachment 49079
As you can see there is a cookie named "local storage" that was last edited at 12:05:42, which was approximately when PS! main went down for me.
The other local storage cookie was made 2 hours later, when I imported a team. PS! teambuilder also says: "Clearing your cookies (specifically, localStorage) will delete your teams.". Because of this I think that the old local storage cookie still in my browser contains all of my teams that have disappeared.

My question is if there is a way to either:
1) Extract my teams from that cookie, and be left with a text file or something that contains either data that can be understood and turned into my teams or the actual teams themselves.
or
2) Make PS! actually use this cookie instead of creating a new cookie for my teams.

Also if this should be in it's own thread then let me know I just felt like it fit here better.

EDIT: I found my own teams! Huzzah!

Posting how I found them here in case other people have the problem.
This is for Windows 7 w/ a Google Chrome browser, but this might apply to other versions of Windows and maybe other browsers.

0.1) Go to chrome://settings, scroll down and click advanced settings and click Content Settings that's under the section "Privacy".
0.2) Click all cookies and site data and then click the box labeled search cookies, and type in pokemon.
0.3) Go to play.pokemonshowdown.com on the list and click it (Don't click the x, just click the text).
0.4) Find your missing teams, it will be a cookie labeled "local storage", and most likely the oldest one (if you have two), if you have more than one cookie labeled "local storage" then try and find the one with the closest time to when your teams disappeared.
1) Press the windows button + r, this should bring up a little panel labeled with "run"
2) Type %appdata% and press enter
3) Find the appdata folder, for some reason my pc goes to the roaming folder and I have to go back one to the appdata folder
4) Go through Local > Google > Chrome > User Data
5) Now here is the tricky part, your teams will probably be in a folder names "Profile", however there might be more than one. Just click one and follow through.
6) Once you have chosen a Profile folder, click Local Storage > and find a file named http_play.pokemonshowdown.com_0.localstorage or something like that.
7) Make sure the file you found has the exact data space as the one you saw in your settings. For example in my settings it displayed as "38.0 kb" and the file I found that contained my teams had the exact same size.
8) Make an extra copy of it somewhere else, the copy you make is the one you play with, not the one in the Local Storage folder, that way if you mess something up it won't affect your browser.
9) Open it with Microsoft Word and you should be able to view your teams. If not try again with a different encoding. (The one that worked for me was the second bubble, I already forgot what it was, but I think it was called M-DOS or something).

You should be able to see your teams now. This is what worked for me and hopefully it will work for other people who have the same problem. For example this is what my first team looked like:

monotype]Menacing Steel|Magnemite||berryjuice|1|explosion,explosion,explosion,explosion|Serious|||0,0,0,0,0,0||1|0

I don't think that can go directly into the PS! teambuilder, but it does show that I had a
=== [Monotype] Menacing Steel ===
Magnemite @ berryjuice
Level: 1
Nature: Serious
IVs: 0 Everything
- Explosion
- Explosion
- Explosion
- Explosion
Something similar happened to me, and I found a similar, yet slightly better solution to this issue. It only works with Google Chrome though, afaik.

1. Perform steps 0.1 -0.4 of SubMindRaikou's post. I don't think this will work if the oldest LocalStorage cookie is gone.
2. Download the HTML5 LocalStorage Manager from the Chrome web store.
3. Go to pokemonshowdown.com, and head to the teambuilder.
4. Open the HMTL5 Local Storage Manager, you should see something like this:

All of your old teams should be there, provided Chrome still has your old local storage file for Pokemon Showdown. I've tried copying and pasting all the teams in the image into the local storage file Showdown is using now, but it doesn't work. If you want to try, read on.

6. Right-click on the page and click "inspect element".
7. Some options should appear. Go to the "Resources" tab. Once you've done that, click on localstorage. It should be located to the right. Here is an image of what you should be seeing:

8. This step isn't necessary, but it helps if you don't want to install the LocalStorage Manager. Click on the first pokemonshowdown link under local storage. You should see your old teams under the value column for the key "showdown_teams". Right-click on the area you see your teams, choose "edit value", and then you can copy them all.

9. Now go to the second pokemonshowdown link under local storage. You should see a column for the key "showdown_teams" just like in the previous step. Right-click on the area you see your teams, choose "edit value" and paste your teams.

10. ???

11. Profit! Just kidding....maybe. When I did that, I got the following:

I'm not entirely sure what happened here. Perhaps it was some sort of formatting error? Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to share this since I know I'm not the only one suffering from having his teams deleted. Even though something obviously screwed up, the data for your teams is there if the old local storage cookie is (and you can always type your teams back in the teambuilder from the list of them you should've gotten in step 4/8).

So I got a few questions, Sorry if I ask them the wrong way I am kinda confused about how this forum works, But that's not the point.
I am running a server and I am trying to customize it.
1.-How can I make a plugin by myself?
2.-Where can I find existing plugins? (Please provide multiple sources if possible.)

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I got a few questions, Sorry if I ask them the wrong way I am kinda confused about how this forum works, But that's not the point.
I am running a server and I am trying to customize it.
1.-How can I make a plugin by myself?
2.-Where can I find existing plugins? (Please provide multiple sources if possible.)
Hi Reisdays

You can use the command /git to have access to showdown source codes it could maybe help you.

Hello, any idea why i can't get to pokemonshowdown.com or even the page where it asks if you want to join or download the client version with the picture of the battle? I can go anywhere else on my computer. When i actually got on from the client version, it didnt autolog on my account and when i tried to log on to it it didn't let me do the password and did nothing, i tried to log on to an un-registered account and it logged me on, and then logged me on my main account.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any way to enable desktop notifications for Showdown on Windows 10? Just upgraded and it looks like they aren't working.

Is there any way to enable desktop notifications for Showdown on Windows 10? Just upgraded and it looks like they aren't working.
It may be your browser, I have Windows 10 and chrome, They work correctly, Your browser should say that the website (Showdown) is asking to use desktop notifications.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If you're on the browser client, there will be a page icon next to the site URL and if you click on 'Site settings' there will be an option for the desktop notifications there.

Hi, i have a problem, it seems speed is not affected in my games when i use shell smash. Is it intended?

Do you have a replay or something? Shell Smash definitely raises Cloyster's speed so there's likely a mechanic you're overlooking. Also, you could probably use the simple question simple answer thread for this.

Hello!
I want to do a new tier to ban Latios and Dragonite in the same team (in my showdown server). How can I do it?

You have to change your name if you want to start all over again.

Ladder resets happen every 4-5 months.
I wouldn't say they happen every 4-5 months, (probably closer to 1 a year, since I've only been around for 3 ever) but I'm pretty sure there might be one after OLT ends.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
hey, in 1v1 and cc1v1, could we change beat up so it hits 5 times please, or would that be too silly?
1v1 / CC 1v1 essentially means you're going with a team of one, and that's how it works in-game - you can see it when you play VGC or Battle Spot, where the Pokemon you didn't choose are entirely irrelevant. For Beat Up, TerraCott in VGC2011 only could boost up to +4 if they led, because in VGC you can only bring a max of 4 Pokemon.

What are the chances of waking up for every turn of sleep (for example in GSC) in Pokémon Showdown?

I used to think that a mon sleeps for a RANDOM number of turns between 1 and 7 in GSC and RBY (and 1-4 in most other gens). However, some guy tested it on PS and he says it's 1/7 chance, then 2/7, then 3/7 etc.

A random number of turns means 1/7 at the first available turn, then if it's not awake, the next turn has a 1/6 chance, then 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1/1.

What are the chances of waking up for every turn of sleep (for example in GSC) in Pokémon Showdown?

I used to think that a mon sleeps for a RANDOM number of turns between 1 and 7 in GSC and RBY (and 1-4 in most other gens). However, some guy tested it on PS and he says it's 1/7 chance, then 2/7, then 3/7 etc.

A random number of turns means 1/7 at the first available turn, then if it's not awake, the next turn has a 1/6 chance, then 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1/1.
Pokémon Showdown uses a random number of turns. This is so that it can implement the special mechanics in Generations 3 and 5 correctly.

I am using the PS app on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I only play the OU ladder. About two weeks ago, after I finish battles the ladder score doesn't show in the battles anymore. I can't find a post saying that the ladders are down or anything about it sadly, so I ask here.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am using the PS app on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I only play the OU ladder. About two weeks ago, after I finish battles the ladder score doesn't show in the battles anymore. I can't find a post saying that the ladders are down or anything about it sadly, so I ask here.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Hi Mew

It happens sometimes that the score isn't updated on the moment that you finished your battle, you need to check it on your profile if it has been updated. Also you should use the online version instead because the app finds issues sometimes, with the teambuilder for example.

Hi Mew

It happens sometimes that the score isn't updated on the moment that you finished your battle, you need to check it on your profile if it has been updated. Also you should use the online version instead because the app finds issues sometimes, with the teambuilder for example.
Thanks. I've played the browser version (although I prefer the app).

It's still happening. I want to see how many score I've dropped or gained.. I can inagine 1 battle 'not updating the ladder', but every battle for the past two weeks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)