Project LC Bazaar

Approved by Rowan
OP stolen from Montsegur Idea stolen from galbia

A recurring problem I've had lately is that I want to have the LC community's help on a team i'm having trouble getting right, but that team just isn't RMT worthy. The purpose of this thread is to post teams that you wish to have help on, but don't wish to write an RMT on.

Rules:

1. You must have tested the team out, teams that are incomplete or clearly have flaws that could of been ironed out through a little testing will either be ignored or deleted. Fixing things yourself helps you to learn an improve as a player.
  2. Your team must have a description telling us your thoughts behind it as well as 6 mini sprites for easy rating. If you don't know how to insert sprites you can use this website http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php simply import your team and copy and paste the BB Codes.

As far as rating / receiving the rate goes:

1. Please know what you're doing before you suggest changes.
  2. Be open to constructive criticism, most of the changes that will be suggested will be to help your team improve so try them out before replying.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is a good thread. However, with LC open going on right now, I don't see it getting much activity. I'll try to remember to bump this in a few weeks when more people have been knocked out

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish nature

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Sassy nature
- Bullet Seed
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

I figured I'd take a crack at getting me team improved here; this really is a great idea, I don't want to make a poor RMT every few weeks.

I started with the hazards core of Skrelp, Drilbur, and Pumpkaboo. Skrelp lays Toxic Spikes, Drilbur sets up Stealth Rock and removes hazards with Rapid Spin. Pumpkaboo can switch into opposing Spinners, in addition to threatening other Water-type opponents. I chose to run Poison Jab on Drilbur, as Skrelp is my only real check to Fairy-types. Fire Blast on Pumpkaboo is for hitting Steel-types like Pawniard by surprise, clearing them up so Calm Mind Spritzee can sweep late-game.

Mienfoo is my Pawniard check, and provides me a secondary way to take out Ponyta with scarfed Stone Edge. Initially, this was the bulky variant with Taunt, but if Skrelp is taken out, Ponyta wrecks me. Vullaby is my Grass-type switch in, and also helps me beat Abra and Gastly. It can give me momentum with U-turn, and it's just great. Lastly, Spritzee is my sweeper and it can also provide Skrelp with wish support. I typed this on my phone, so sorry if it is too succinct. I face problems with Fletchling, as I have nothing that outright resists Acrobatics, and I'm also troubled by Diglett or Gothita trapping Skrelp, and then allowing for Spritzee or Ponyta to defeat me.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish nature
Things I would suggest: adding moves to Vullaby. As it stands, even though it provides you with a somewhat decent switch-in on grass attacks and a fantastic answer to psychic and ground attacks, it tends to have an issue with being worn down due to a lack of recovery. In addition, your only attacking option has huge recoil, meaning that Vullaby won't be sticking around for too long. Can I suggest a set like this?

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Level: 5
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This allows for Vullaby to stick around for much longer in the match, since it has recovery. In addition, you can now provide valuable support in a relatively slow U-turn and Knock Off. Brave Bird actually hurts quite a bit on Pokemon weak to it, although it is only coming off of 12 attack.

In addition, I would suggest that you try lowering your team's level to 5. This may make it easier to play with, although this is by no means required.

Good Luck! :)

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Impish nature

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Sassy nature
- Bullet Seed
- Fire Blast
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Jolly nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Skrelp @ Eviolite
Bold nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

I figured I'd take a crack at getting me team improved here; this really is a great idea, I don't want to make a poor RMT every few weeks.

I started with the hazards core of Skrelp, Drilbur, and Pumpkaboo. Skrelp lays Toxic Spikes, Drilbur sets up Stealth Rock and removes hazards with Rapid Spin. Pumpkaboo can switch into opposing Spinners, in addition to threatening other Water-type opponents. I chose to run Poison Jab on Drilbur, as Skrelp is my only real check to Fairy-types. Fire Blast on Pumpkaboo is for hitting Steel-types like Pawniard by surprise, clearing them up so Calm Mind Spritzee can sweep late-game.

Mienfoo is my Pawniard check, and provides me a secondary way to take out Ponyta with scarfed Stone Edge. Initially, this was the bulky variant with Taunt, but if Skrelp is taken out, Ponyta wrecks me. Vullaby is my Grass-type switch in, and also helps me beat Abra and Gastly. It can give me momentum with U-turn, and it's just great. Lastly, Spritzee is my sweeper and it can also provide Skrelp with wish support. I typed this on my phone, so sorry if it is too succinct. I face problems with Fletchling, as I have nothing that outright resists Acrobatics, and I'm also troubled by Diglett or Gothita trapping Skrelp, and then allowing for Spritzee or Ponyta to defeat me.
I like the the team! However, I think your team could benefit immensely from changing drilbur to diglett, stone edge foo to eviolite taunt foo, and u-turn vullaby to defog vullaby if you want hazard control. I think this team just benefits immensely from having a diglett as it
- forms a strong core with spritzee
- solves ponyta problems
- traps poisons to maintain toxic spikes
- allows you to run taunt foo
- gives you an incredible revenge killer.
The downside to this is you have to use sash to have SR, but the positives of having diglett on this team greatly outweigh the negatives.

E: tbh sub/eq/rs/sr LO dig wouldn't be that bad

Last edited:
Pretty cool team I think. However I would like to suggest a thing.

- I think that your team is really weak to Omanyte/SS in general. Omanyte can easily set-up on Vullaby, and can even set-up in 3 mons (With max rolls Evio takes 85 for foo Drain Punch, 90% from Skrelp Hpump after Shell Smash (6.3% of OHKO after rocks). You can even add Spritzee if he is weakened/knock offd). The miss of priority really cripples the team in my opinion. That's why I thought you maybe could add Timburr over Mienfoo.

There are some reasons. Timburr can help you to revenge kill Shell Smashers such as Omanyte with Mach Punch, and make the set up more difficult (because Omanyte obviously can't set up on Timburr.). Also Timburr has Guts, who will help u against Ponyta. The only problem of your team after that is that your team miss speed. I can suggest Bulk Up Timburr, who allows hit to take some hits such as +2 Surf Omanyte after rocks or make the trap of Goth more difficult (56/80% roll instead of 80/104%). And if you found that a lack of speed is a problem, you can replace dril by dig + defog vullaby (the suggest of tazz). Also Bulk Up Timburr can be another great wincon once things like spitzee died.

And I have a team that I want to ameliorate :

Wailmer @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Def / 200 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

First, the idea of building around Wailmer is not from me. It's a friend who ask me "Hey guy, can you build a team around Wailmer for me ?". I like building on C/D Rank mons, so I said yes and here is the build. I decided to play with Scarf Wailmer (Probably his only "good" set.) and an FGW core. Snivy Knock Off lure walls such as Ferroseed, Foongus and other grass types and allows me to cripple them with knock off in order to sweep later. Then I wanted a fire mon with rocks. Numel. Also I wanted a sure Ponyta ounter and a electric immunity (cause I hate volt turn) that's why I thought that was here the best choice. Here is the FGW.
For the other stuff, Croagunk breaks Fairies and things like Porygon/Munchlax and even Lickitung, but I have some troubles with Psychic Porygon that seriously cripples me. Also VW is cool in order to RK weakened smashers and other stuff. Vullaby is my Abra check and also it brings a useful Knock Off making the fact of breaking wall easier and a cool hazard control. Archen for Fletchling. U-Turn just allows me to scout, and my team really need this without foo.

Clearly I am not very proud of the team. I don't search to have a very strong team (impossible with wailmer) but just an honest build that I can give. The only thing I can't change is Wailmer (but I can change the set.)
Thank you for help !

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, I built this team some time ago around the Snivy + Scarfmag core and it looked pretty solid on paper but I tried it several times in the ladder and it never convinced me. This is the team:

I started with both snivy and magnemite, and I added Hippopotas because it gets SR and it also helps me checking some of Mag and Snivy's threats. I added Scarf Mienfoo to have some offensive presence and to match up better against offense. Vullaby was added to help me deal with hazards reliably and to complete the defensive core, and Croagunk was added as a glue as it was a good pawniard switch in and a good fighting resist. It gets destroyed by gothita although diglett is a huge pain as well. It has a hard time against offense in general as well and it's pretty fire and fighting weak. I don't really see what could I change for it to have succeed and I hope you guys can help me.

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Volt Switch

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Vacuum Wave

I hope this thread doesn't die because it's a great idea, thank you in advance!

I've been using this team for months but idk exactly how to improve it since it has some flaws that i can't really put my finger on (gastly is a bitch that's one of em tho)

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Roost

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

The team features the FletchDigMag core, which is really strong offensively but I'm not really a HO player, so I decided to take a more defensive take at it. I use Staryu, Foongus, and Timburr as my pivots so I have room to outplay my opponent with double switches involving Diglett. Timburr+Mag checks quite a bit of stuff, and the stuff that it doesn't really check can either be revenge killed by Fletch or trapped by Diglett, Staryu is required for hazards and Foongus is a great switchin to Fighting-types and fixes a couple other weaknesses.

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Hello fellow Pokemon Showdown users!

I'm not actually sure if this team is bad but I need a team to ladder with and my friends like Omastar42 Ice Beam Porygons so I need some other good users to help! This team gets boomed by Dig, strong special shit like Abra and Gastly, hazard stack can be annoying and Slurmz 6-0ed me with a SD Corphish

Also I'm posting to keep this thread active cuz it's cool

Cantaloupe (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Casaba (Skrelp) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

HoneyDew (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Canary (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Defog

Galia (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

WaterMelon (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
same thing as above (if ur H&MBerkeley pls sub in "Vide Supra"), posting bc cool thread, have a team i kinda like predicated around a bunny sweep:

Rasberry Fields (Dwebble) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 Def / 156 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Counter

Vein (Bunnelby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Iron Galaxy (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Scream Phoenix (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 Def / 196 SpD / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

Stress Rap (Cottonee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 224 SpA / 40 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Knock Off

Battle For Asgard (Staryu) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

a brief descrip:

Strawberry Fields: So named because the things he lays are abundant and sweet, at least for me. standard dwebs puttin up shit suckering dudes w/ counter and forcing in knocks
Vein: Lifeblood of the squad here. Meant to lance teams w/ speedy return. U-turn draws in and chips at counters in conjunction w/ hazards letting me pressure again and prevent recovery, quick attack for sturdys etccccccc change to ihead or sedge if that is a preference
Iron Galaxy: it is metal and it means the world to this team. popping things w/ vswitch, strong fcannons, and choubopping hp ground, especially useful if chou is scarf. secondish wincon, although is teams principal check to shellder and fletch so it is a rare sight that u use it in that role
Scream Phoenix: kungfoo dudes tend to scream and foo rises from the ashes like a champ. Needs the SpD for general switching; can be slow bc of next mon. no pawn is going to chance 15 speed foo anyway so you feel like a bluff god. knock because good, u-turn for momentum, drain because stab and safe. HJK because that pressure is invaluable and slow and taunt dont mix.
Stress Rap: The ultra-annoyer. the removal of pawniard (through a lure here) frees bunny up sooo much; see also safe fcannon spam for mag. knock off ibid, dazzling gleam for the threat to fights. Encore to prevent setups.
Battle for Asgard: Space has stars. the speed and power of this thing is not to be understated, especially with spikes down; cf alakazam in bw aero in adv etc. fire lures and beats ferro for bunny haha. Ice Beam beats spinblocking pump-uber on webs. spin to spin, beat the beat up.

SOP when opponent has sticky webs: go to scarfmag t1. vswitch. on webs go to staryu and either spin if no pump or ibeam if so. gg

struggles with overload teams, fletch a bit if overheat, but u prolly know from the team. beats abra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)