NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So addressing More Cowbell now who had posted while I was writing this. See this is why I can't keep looking away from you, why would you think I mean the MeowMixx lynch where your reason was unrelated to neighbourhood rules, by that extension everyone's was. I mean the acidphoenix push where you were the most articulate poster jumping on him for stating a rule some didn't know about, but the difference is you SHOULDN'T have known about it in the first place, yet you questioned him just as much.
At the moment I voted for acidphoenix, it was primarily because what he said sounded odd to me, so that was a reason for me to vote on him. There was little else to go by, so why not apply a bit of pressure to get answers out of him? Besides my first post on him, I never pursued an acidphoenix lynch.

More Cowbell: Going back to my last post, the one directed at you, and your response. I can't say I follow your reasoning. You initially thought neighborhoods tended to promote WIFOM situations and therefore did not try and join one. While your claim may be true, I don't agree with the conclusion you derived from it. So what if they promote WIFOM situations? You always have the option of parsing information you deem useless and retaining information you deem significant. I just don't see why you would ever deliberately cut yourself off from a form of possibly meaningful communication, especially since you've been constantly prompting people to post more in this thread. High posting activity in this thread and high posting activity in a neighborhood are not mutually exclusive unless you deliberately make it so.

Having said that, you said you changed your mind, but by what? acidphoenix's back-and-forth with his neighbor? That basically ended up being another WIFOM situation, yet you now assert that neighborhoods are going to be critical for scumhunting? If you haven't joined a neighborhood, on what basis can you make this claim AFTER making one to the contrary, given what has taken place in this thread for this day? Additionally, if your mind was so set on joining a neighborhood today, then why did you wait until Steamroll claimed neighborhoodless to claim yourself? What if he hadn't posted that at all?

It seems like a lot of your thoughts and actions have been extremely situation-dependent and not logically consistent with one another, but I'd like to know if I may have misinterpreted anything in your posts.
Regarding neighborhoods promoting WIFOM: in my opinion, most of what the neighborhoods did (especially Day 1) is take away attention from the actual game. Sure, the WIFOM situations may yield something, but they mostly just destracted people from the game thread, and derailed discussion into "well, person X said something suspicious in this chat that no one else can see, let's vote for him".

The reason that I am looking for a neighborhood now is that apparently, people are using them. I was hoping that on Day 1, people would say "screw this neighborhood stuff", but that's not going to happen. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of the neighborhoods, but if they're the only way to get more involved, then so be it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? Judging by Cancerous' post on Day 1, his neighborhood had about as much discussion as the game thread at that moment, acidphoenix has shown us his neighborhood is talkative as well, and UTO just claimed that his neighborhood posts a lot in the quickchat, too.

Why claim after Steamroll? I don't know, really. You said my posts are not logically consistent, and I have to admit this is kinda true. I don't really have a gameplan going into the game, and usually just play it by ear. Anyone who has ever played mafia with me knows I'm not the strategic mastermind behind the faction I'm aligned with. So, when Steamroll claimed he couldn't do much because of not being in a neighborhood, I decided to call him out and just drop that I have no alignment either. It may not have been the smartest thing to wait, or to only claim after Steamroll, but if anything, it has prompted more discussion and that's what we need. I'm not a good mafia player, so the least I can do is cause some ruckus to get people to talk, and hopefully that leads to something new.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Your vote on him literally started with calling into question the ability to leave neighbourhoods, and WAS the major reason people started voting him till jalmont went out with clarifications. You brought that point up, so you meant to use it against him. Things just don't sound odd, I can easily explain what sounded odd to me in some of your posts and I did, and you also identified the fact he claimed one can leave neighbourhoods in the reasoning when you voted him. Your other mentioned point was why not just lynch instead of banishing, which is not really a problem, since there is no reason not to force someone to leave who you don't trust, you can't always get your suspicions lynched, this is fact. Also fact is you pressured phoenix with something you had no idea was true or not, lying to pressure someone doesn't sound very village to me.

Your vote on him literally started with calling into question the ability to leave neighbourhoods, and WAS the major reason people started voting him till jalmont went out with clarifications. You brought that point up, so you meant to use it against him. Things just don't sound odd, I can easily explain what sounded odd to me in some of your posts and I did, and you also identified the fact he claimed one can leave neighbourhoods in the reasoning when you voted him. Your other mentioned point was why not just lynch instead of banishing, which is not really a problem, since there is no reason not to force someone to leave who you don't trust, you can't always get your suspicions lynched, this is fact. Also fact is you pressured phoenix with something you had no idea was true or not, lying to pressure someone doesn't sound very village to me.
I voted acidphoenix not just because he mentioned we can leave neighborhoods, but also the thing about 'forcing' people out of neighborhoods if they're mafia. Your explanation makes sense, but because I didn't even know leaving neighborhoods was a thing I found it strange that he brought it up. Acidphoenix made a lot of wild assumptions in his post #34 (the mafia is spread across factions, one village is likely clean of scum, we're likely playing 9v3, etc), and well, that seemed like a better vote than a random vote on you, LightWolf. The fact that acidphoenix later made a post that may be interpreted as a scumslip didn't make things better, and probably got a lot of people on the lynch, regardless of what I said.

Asking questions about whether leaving or not was possible led to answers, so I unvoted. Also, I never lied to put down some pressure, I just asked for clarification on a rule I didn't know about.

deadline is tonight at 11 PM central time which is approximately a little less than 7 hours

Cancerous - acidphoenix
More Cowbell - Gale
Gale - LightWolf

If deadline were to be right now, I would rand between Cancerous, More Cowbell and Gale.

Didn't realize we were so close to deadline already.

Lynch Gale Wing Srock

Might as well be a random vote as there is so little to work with - however, this is the only vote I can take that prevents me from possibly being lynched after a coin toss. I will be around for the next hour or so, after that I'm off to bed until after deadline. If someone can convince me that we have a better lynch target than Gale then I may switch my vote, but at the moment I don't have much of a choice.

Didn't realize we were so close to deadline already.

Lynch Gale Wing Srock

Might as well be a random vote as there is so little to work with - however, this is the only vote I can take that prevents me from possibly being lynched after a coin toss. I will be around for the next hour or so, after that I'm off to bed until after deadline. If someone can convince me that we have a better lynch target than Gale then I may switch my vote, but at the moment I don't have much of a choice.
Seriously? A scum hammer?

LightWolf

lightwoof
can we just get an extension, please? Deadline shouldn't happen after this level of activity, it's pointless like this.

Gale instead of "ough" like that, how about you make a case for yourself in reply to my last reply.

Back to Increased Amount of Bovine Clapper. See that's fine and all, you were trying to find out rules like that, thing is you were the very first person to question the ability to leave neighbourhoods, no one actually called out phoenix on that before you and had jalmont not forgotten to tell most people in neighbourhoods this fact you'd have been instantly outed as a neighbourless person. Your explanations to the rest are understandable, but you essentially slipped on your neighbourlessness fairly early Day 1. Personally I find that peculiar to say the least. But you haven't really replied in any form I can make a vote on, so I shall drop this now and will address other current discussions soon.

An extension would be appreciated, yes.

Back to Increased Amount of Bovine Clapper. See that's fine and all, you were trying to find out rules like that, thing is you were the very first person to question the ability to leave neighbourhoods, no one actually called out phoenix on that before you and had jalmont not forgotten to tell most people in neighbourhoods this fact you'd have been instantly outed as a neighbourless person. Your explanations to the rest are understandable, but you essentially slipped on your neighbourlessness fairly early Day 1. Personally I find that peculiar to say the least. But you haven't really replied in any form I can make a vote on, so I shall drop this now and will address other current discussions soon.
I will have to attribute this to bad play on my part. There is indeed no reason for me to out I'm neighborhoodless like that, but I guess it went hidden enough to not be mentioned until now. This sounds terrible and it is, but there's not much more to explain about it.

Anyways, I'll be asleep for the next 7 hours or so, so I won't be responding anymore.

Yeah, I'll give you guys 24 hours more because I didn't make clear what would happen in the case of the tie. That'll be the only extension though.

so deadline 10/8

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I am bored of reading walls of text, so that is not going to happen.

So I will just claim, if that would help.
Uh, what? Surely you expected a fair degree of reading when you signed up for a NOC forum mafia game?

Also, if you're vanilla, then there's almost no merit to you claiming. If you're a power role, then why wouldn't you at least make an effort to defend yourself first before revealing yourself and potentially jeopardizing the village? This apathetic attitude of "I'm not saying anything; I just dare you to lynch me" does the village absolutely no favors. It's unhelpful at best and a scumtell at worst, and imagine if scum got by with just that excuse. I can't dismiss it, so I will Vote Gale Wing Srock for now.

Since we've been granted an extension, here's your chance. Defend yourself. For instance, your vote on More Cowbell, with which I shared the same sentiments. What exactly don't you like about it?

Lynch Gale Wing Srock

YEAH no. We JUST told you not to claim and it is extremely unhelpful to claim something like that, considering its only good use is to kill mafia as they kill you.

Worst case we've lynched an unprovable townie here.

Lynch Gale Wing Srock

YEAH no. We JUST told you not to claim and it is extremely unhelpful to claim something like that, considering its only good use is to kill mafia as they kill you.

That is scummy as fuck!

LightWolf, More Cowbell and Acid Phoenix are my scum reads. They pounced on me for noticing them, and are trying to find reasons to vote me off, instead of discussing about it.

LightWolf

lightwoof
That is scummy as fuck!

LightWolf, More Cowbell and Acid Phoenix are my scum reads. They pounced on me for noticing them, and are trying to find reasons to vote me off, instead of discussing about it.
At least get your own claims straight, your claim is that I pounced on you to buddy with More Cowbell. I certainly pounced on you before you said anything about me.

Point is his role is unprovable, and if he isn't lying he hurt us INCREDIBLY. On the other hand people are pouncing p hard on gale indeed, but it's also a small sample size of votes. There also clearly are people just standing by, see Thetwinmasters who only answered a question rather than sharing his opinion. On the other hand there is Eo who pounced on Gale too, yet Gale left him off his scum list. Just Saiyan.

Either way Gale, you are the one unwilling to discuss anything here, I had my vote on you for a day, and all your reply to that was p much a few sentences of nope, to which I still replied, and you refused to address, which is why people started jumping on you now. Even if we assume all four voting you are mafia, which is impossible because we are canned zombie food, the fact you are being voted means there is basis to these claims, SO ADDRESS THEM.

I will refrain from jumping on the phoenix bandwagon just yet, and please people do so too, we don't want to end the day yet.
Your accusation on More Cowbell is what the scums do to their buddies to keep your connections to not be revealed. How does that imply that you are not scum with him?

So you basically voted me for not contributing? Well I am guilty of that, but if you want to lynch me for that, then you are scummy. Because scums go after the lurkers during the day, and its a common scum tactic.

Aren't you using Behavioral tells to deduce More Cowbell is not scummy in the following para?
Back to More Cowbell, I'm not setting up a WIFOMs to be discussed about him, to me there is no reason to pretend miscount votes to fuck the day up when it'd cost him his life, nor would it benefit him as mafia to prosecute someone based on information he should know was true. The best WIFOM there is that he didn't remove to distance himself from a lynch he thought or knew was on a villager, but that's a trait not restricted to mafia. Accusing me of try to throw out wifoms to confuse thee village is silly, all I tried arguing was getting More Cowbell to reflect upon his odd behavior because it irked me half his posts annoy me while the other half tries to promote meaningful discussion, till I found that questionable inconsistency that is.
Then where does the point about your accusation of him comes into picture? You are clearly town reading him, are you not?

Thanks for the extension, Jalmont.

There also clearly are people just standing by, see Thetwinmasters who only answered a question rather than sharing his opinion. On the other hand there is Eo who pounced on Gale too, yet Gale left him off his scum list. Just Saiyan.
Note that Thetwinmasters is not actually in this game, he only dropped a mafiascum link.

Anyways, back to Gale: you said you 'noticed' me, but all you did was say "I don't like this" after I said I was without a neighborhood. I mean, what? You have every right to vote me, of course, but you didn't even give your reasoning for it. Now that I put my vote on you (which for me was pretty much necessary, otherwise I have a chance of being lynched) I am suddenly 'pouncing' on you? I hardly suspected you earlier in the game, but the victim role you're taking here does definitely make things worse. After saying I could be convinced to lynch someone else, all you did was give actual reasons to vote for you. You are actively avoiding discussion, and dropped a claim after people told you not to. I'd almost suspect you're trying to get yourself lynched (what's that role called again?), but you didn't play this bad during Day 1.

Lynch Gale Wing Srock

And surprise, surprise!

I am NOT the Paranoid Gun Owner. I said that to steer discussion and you are the top scum bum to have hopped on my wagon for it. You said "We JUST told you", it either means that you are scum with LightWolf or Eo Ut, or are trying to buddy with them. Because all they did was, ask me to fight against my lynch if I am a PR.

Also, obviously Paranoid Gun Owner can't be touched by mafia at night. So they have to drive a lynch on them. You got caught Acid Phoenix ^_^

UnVote

Vote Acid Phoenix

Oh btw, My scum read on More Cowbell and LightWolf has lessened after their posts. Their reactions definitely seem pro-town in getting me to respond and discuss to fight against my lynch. So there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)