Smogon Tour 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I don't know if you share my impressions but I am not convinced by the change anymore. It was worth the try, but having 96 players in ORAS then 64 players in BW is very low.
For the record, we never had 96 players in ORAS during season 19 and we never had 64 players in BW since season 16 (which wasn't even on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday on week 9).

More than that, here are the people who asked for an "oceania-friendly Tour": Analytic, Kingler12345;
and here are the people who live in Oceania and liked McMeghan's post about the change: daftmau5, The Avalanches.

None of them joined any of the two Tours. Neither did anyone from the Oceanian wcop roster (ok, this one was easy they are all retired, but I didn't know who should I check to add to my point).

Just to say that the change didn't work. New people who were expected to join didn't join, people who couldn't join anymore after the change didn't join.

I'd be in favor of reverting back to 6pm eastern time as soon as possible. I know we already have our hosts for this Friday so I would understand if you want to wait for the seventh week, but I'd be available to host next Friday if none of Terraquaza/DennisEG/Funkasaurus can anymore.
Vinc posted this in a super secret top classified subforum and it's pretty safe to say most of the Tour attendees are on board with this. Same with the rest of the TDs.

Since Terraquaza and DennisEG, two scheduled hosts for this friday are available to host it at the old time, we are officialy going back to the old Smogon Tour schedule, 6 PM EST on Fridays. The change will be effect for the following weeks and Smogon Tour's editions.

Sorry Aussies, maybe another time!

Just saying that the timings I had in mind were better to join, whereas 3:30 and 5:30 are both pretty ridiculously terrible lol

edit- i mean it doesn't really matter anyways so yea

very disappointed with how the rulings were performed today. there is no logical meaning in the phrase "praj would have won if he played it correctly" without the backup knowledge of both player's sets and ev's. Then again, this shouldn't have been brought up because of the highlighted ruling in the image
clearly states that those who lose to timer will not advance. I believe there should be a checks and balance systems checked on the head td McMeghan , because this is clearly not the first time he has done something edgy like this. (see wcop game of Jsaok vs go10). It seems that because I'm doing well in the tour, and by winning would put me an excellent spot in the playoffs.. a "special ruling clause" would be exceptional to limit my performance. This is another plan being done by McMeghan to manipulate the way the top 16 pairings will be done, so he could once again benefit for himself. It's not the first time a smogon head TD did something sketchy like this for their own needs. (see Bloo and the Style extravaganza). Very disappointed with this, and had been dq'd at round 5 out of no where because they were afraid I was going to win the tour. lmfao. smogon for ya. just a bunch of nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)