CAP 21 CAP 21 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This thread is open for WIPs, comments, and final submissions for the design of CAP 21. Important considerations that will come into play over the course of this thread are base stats and abilities. Please see the process guide for clarification on the timing of these decisions and for the timing of the closure of this thread. Warnings will be posted multiple days ahead of submission closure.

Base Design & Mega Evolution Design

Because CAP 21 is a Mega Evolution project, this Art Design stage will be different than any past CAP project. All artists will submit TWO complete designs, one Base Design and one Mega Evolution Design, to make a legal final submission. As such, several Art posting rules have been altered for this CAP to accommodate the special circumstances of this CAP. Please read all the rules in this post carefully, even if you have participated in many past CAP art contests. In addition to the other rules sections, please observe the following, as they pertain to the specifics of making two designs for this CAP:
  • We have altered the rules to allow artists to work on and submit TWO related designs, one Base Design and one Mega Evolution Design.
  • The Base and Mega Evolution Designs by each artist will be voted TOGETHER as a single submission. We will not choose a Base Design independent from the Mega Evolution Design.
  • You are not required to post two WIP designs (one Base and one Mega) in every post. Feel free to work on one or the other and post them accordingly for feedback. However, you must have BOTH for a legal Final Submission.
  • You can post both your Base and Mega design in the same post as full-sized images, if they are aesthetically related and consistent with each other. This is obviously a grey area as far as rules enforcement is concerned, and is not intended to constrain artists stylistically. But if any artists attempt to use this gray area as a way to spam the thread or otherwise abuse the rules, they will be moderated.
  • Unrelated designs must be posted as single images in separate posts, or as links/thumbnails in a single post, just like always.
  • You can post both related Base and Mega WIP designs in a single post, if EITHER design has been substantially altered. Since the designs will ultimately be voted together, it makes sense that they be viewed and commented together as work-in-progress.
  • When posting the Base and Mega designs together in the same post, always post them as separate images (each conforming to the image limits below) and always separate them on different lines. That means they should stack vertically, not side by side, regardless of browser window width.
  • The art thread is always the most active, complicated thread in a CAP project, and with a Mega Evolution in the mix, it will be even more complicated to manage. Please do your best to observe the spirit of fair and fun community participation, as we explore this exciting new CAP project!

General Rules
  • All material in both the main designs and supporting material must be your own. Using another piece of art for inspiration is allowed, but blatant plagiarism will result in warnings or bans depending on the severity.
  • Collaborative material (such as work made by multiple artists or a vision and art direction by a non-artist and execution by an artist) is not permitted.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the following rules, including those for the Main Designs, in order to be included in the art poll.
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the Main Designs included in image tags below that, and supporting material (if applicable) below the Main Designs.
  • Main Designs will consist of two separate, but related and aesthetically consistent, designs -- a Base Design and a Mega Evolution Design. Main Designs must be posted as two images in separate image tags, the Base Design first, followed by the Mega Evolution Design. A blank line must separate the two images. Do not post the images side by side.
  • All supporting art must be included as links or as linked thumbnails no larger than 150 pixels in either dimension. Do not include full images of supporting art in the final submission.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post. Artists are welcome to work on multiple designs and get feedback from the community, but only one design can be submitted for final consideration. If you wish to alter any aspect of your final submission, then edit your post. Do not make a new one, even if you delete your original post. Any deleting and re-posting will be treated as bumping and is subject to moderation.

By making a final submission, an artist gives the CAP project permission to use the submitted art for CAP and related projects. The artist also consents that the designs can be interpreted by other artists for the CAP project and for other promotional purposes.

Artists cannot submit any artwork that has been previously or that is currently used by another project not affiliated with CAP. The winning CAP artist agrees to not later use the winning designs for another project or contest not affiliated with CAP.

Main Designs

The main designs are intended to follow the same general posing and layout as the "Official Art" for existing in-game Pokemon. They must be suitable for display in the CAP PokeDex section of the CAP Website and any other CAP propaganda where pictures of the Pokemon are needed.

The comparison to 'Official Pokemon Art' is only applicable to the basic content of main designs; it does not imply any standards or guidelines regarding artistic style or rendering technique.

The following rules of content must be followed for the Main Designs:
  • Each design must consist of a single Pokemon on a plain white background with no parts of the Pokemon cut off by the canvas.
  • It must not include offensive or obscene imagery, and cannot mock or insult the project or other users.
  • No props, action effects, move effects, or additional objects can be rendered on or around the Pokemon. If a prop is part of the Pokemon's basic design (ie. Mega Sableye's gem), then it is acceptable.
  • Any 2D digital or scanned traditional drawing may be used. It must be in full color. 3D media and photos are not allowed.
  • Each design must be colored lineart with an distinct outline on the entire subject in contrast to the subject and background. Colored outlines are allowed but must not obstruct the clarity of the design.
  • No part of a design can be blurred into the background or blended into the background in any way.
  • The maximum allowed image dimension for each design is 640 pixels and the minimum is 320 pixels. The maximum allowed image filesize is 200 kB.
  • It must be in jpg, png or gif format and must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Upload a File' feature. Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.

The rules for main designs will be strictly enforced. Do not make comparisons to in-game Pokemon designs or to past CAP designs to determine if your designs are in compliance with these rules. Some in-game Pokemon designs and past CAP designs do not conform with the current CAP art submission rules, and emulating those designs is not an acceptable excuse for breaking the strict interpretation of the current rules.

Supporting Material

There are almost no rules when it comes to supporting material. Action scenes, movement studies, interaction with other Pokemon, animations, sculptures, and cartoon strips are all allowed. Non-art supporting material is also allowed. This includes detailed descriptions of the art, background data, stories, etc. All supporting art and information must be related to the main design in some way.

Posting Rules

Intentionally or unintentionally, thread-hogging tends to be more prevalent in the art submission thread compared to other CAP threads. In order to ensure that everyone has a reasonable chance to showcase their designs and air their opinions, thread-hogging will be moderated. If you wish to add new comments or art, but don't want to hog the thread, please consider editing your most recent post to add new content.

Posting Rules: Artists
  • Artists can post any work-in-progress (WIP) artwork in order to solicit feedback or to help develop ideas. WIP artwork does not need to conform to the standards of a Main Design. It can be in any medium or stage of completion, but it must be related to an original art design by the poster.
  • Each post should contain no more than two (2) full-sized images (see related Base & Mega rules above), each of which is no larger than 640 pixels in either dimension and each with a filesize no larger than 200 kB. Artists should post links to additional art or use linking thumbnails. Each thumbnail can be no larger than 150 pixels in either dimension. Any number of thumbnails can be included in a post.
  • The use of hide tags does not circumvent or alter any of the image posting rules.
  • Images must be in jpg, png or gif format and must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as imgur or puush). Do not use the forum's 'Upload a File' feature. Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Out of courtesy to users with lower bandwidth, artists should not post links to images with filesizes exceeding 500 kB. You must include a warning if you do.
  • Do not post inconsequential updates to designs. Only if you have made a significant change should you post an update in the thread.
  • Do not post to state your intended design. You may not reserve an idea for yourself.
  • No bumping art or begging for feedback. If no one comments on your design, consider the silence to be your feedback. Also, check out the #cap IRC channel for open real-time discussion on CAP art.
  • Do not post questions asking for help in making art. For art resources on Smogon, check out Smeargle's Studio.

Posting Rules: Commenters
  • Please DO post constructive feedback for artists.
  • Do not post ideas or images to serve as inspiration for artists or attempt to commission an artist in the thread to render your idea.
  • Do not declare any artwork as "the winner" or make similar comments to that effect. Such posts are insulting to all the other competing artists.
  • Do not comment that a design does or does not "look like a Pokemon/Digimon". There is no artistic style guide for Pokemon and therefore such comments are unable to be substantiated or refuted.
  • Do not repost images from the thread. When quoting a post, remove any images.

Additionally, please do not suggest names for your or other peoples' concepts, as it may bias the name poll. Everyone should have a fair chance to suggest a name during the naming stage.

Art Polls

All art polls will contain the Main Designs and, if applicable, a link below it titled "Supporting Material". This will link to the artists final submission post, if applicable. All final submissions conforming to the rules above will be slated.

--------------------
CAP21 so far:

This CAP will have a Base Forme and a Mega Evolution Forme
Typing:
Rock/Poison (both formes)

Leadership Team:
jas61292
- Topic Leader
imanalt - Typing Leader
DetroitLolcat - Abilities Leader
sparktrain - Stats Leader
HeaLnDeaL- Movepool Leader

Concept:
Name: Typing Underdog

General Description: A Pokémon which utilizes an undervalued typing to its full potential, by playing towards both its strengths and weaknesses.

Justification: Each typing possesses a unique set of characteristics, causing all of them to perform very differently in various aspects of battle. However, not every typing has been granted the opportunity to display this potential, being forced into suboptimal roles by virtue of stats, ability and movepool, and therefore often being labelled as “bad”.
This concept aims to do a detailed analysis on the primary function of such a typing along with its potentially unexplored capabilities, by creating a Pokémon that that emphasizes the typing’s most prominent traits and utilizes them effectively.
This approach will not only allow us to widen our understanding on the unique niche and preferred playstyle of the typing, but will also give us additional insight on the mechanics that lead to success and failure of the typing when comparing CAP to the wielders in the lower tiers.

Questions to be answered:
  • What are the most important traits the Pokémon gains from the chosen typing, both positive and negative?
  • Is quality or quantity of weaknesses/resistances/immunities more relevant to the chosen typing? What does this mean for the way it is played?
  • How significant is the niche provided by the typing in OU? Are there any striking flaws in the typing that can’t be played around and prevent the Pokémon from performing reliably?
  • How reliant is the typing on stats, ability and movepool in order to succeed in OU?
  • Are the unique characteristics granted by the typing enough to set the Pokemon apart, or does it face strong competition for its role from Pokémon of other types?
  • Is there any distinct playstyle that suits the chosen typing the best? Or can the same typing be utilized in an entirely different approach to similar success?
  • How important is a type’s versatility for its overall success?
  • Is a single Pokémon capable of portraying most relevant aspects of the entire type?

Last edited:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base/Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base/Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Base:

Mega:

Last edited:

It's a jade-colored koala. We had a mascot CAP in Gens 4 and 5 (Krilowatt and Mollux), so have another little guy.

Magistrum Love the cockatrice there! You really gathered the elements of Rock and Poison without making them too obvious. Looking forward to seeing the color scheme.

Last edited:

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Really rough WIP:

This design's concept is based on the mythical Cockatrice, which is known in myths as a poisonous creature which is a cross between a chicken and a snake/dragon. It is known for its ability to kill people by a glare; or in modern media, it is also interpreted to turn people into stone/petrify in a single gaze.

So far the design looks like an overgrown chicken with lizard-like elements here and there. Two imposing feathers on its head give it the impression of bigger glaring eyes, which supports its source material's "death-inducing stare".

A few craggy parts imply the Rock typing, while the sinister appearance and its lore/origin could suggest Poison-type although it's not that recognizable at the moment and could further be implied when I get to color it, perhaps.

Overall I think it's a good base idea as a Rock/Poison type without looking too blatant on the typing. Its look will probably change depending on the trend on the stats tho (like probably longer, sturdier legs if we go speedy, or slimmer body type if its bulk isn't that high)

As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated. :toast:

Really rough WIP:

This design's concept is based on the mythical Cockatrice, which is known in myths as a poisonous creature which is a cross between a chicken and a snake/dragon. It is known for its ability to kill people by a glare; or in modern media, it is also interpreted to turn people into stone/petrify in a single gaze.

So far the design looks like an overgrown chicken with lizard-like elements here and there. Two imposing feathers on its head give it the impression of bigger glaring eyes, which supports its source material's "death-inducing stare".

A few craggy parts imply the Rock typing, while the sinister appearance and its lore/origin could suggest Poison-type although it's not that recognizable at the moment and could further be implied when I get to color it, perhaps.

Overall I think it's a good base idea as a Rock/Poison type without looking too blatant on the typing. Its look will probably change depending on the trend on the stats tho (like probably longer, sturdier legs if we go speedy, or slimmer body type if its bulk isn't that high)

As always, comments, critiques and criticism is greatly appreciated. :toast:
I really like this entry, especially how it ties in with the Cockatrice. I do notice similarities with Cawmodore though, which could be an issue. Of course, you made Cawmodore, so that's probably alright!

Here's a thing, doesn't really look like a mon yet. Based on Chalcanthite, which is a copper mineral. It's a pretty blue water-soluble poisonous crystal. Even a few crystals in a pond is capable of killing all the algae in it. If something were to drink water with Chalcanthite in it, the resulting copper overdose would rapidly weaken and then kill them by shutting down their body processes.

WIP

here's my very general idea, a mix between a buffalo and a porcupine with some other elements thrown in. first thing rock/poison made me think of was a porcupine for some reason. planning on adding markings or some more protrusions to the main body, maybe tweaking the color scheme cause it's kinda gross right now. this thing looks really defensive so the body type might change drastically as more info's released.

edit: trying to figure out the mega and markings on the base. looks pretty bland to me rn.

Last edited:
Sunfished - try something in the direction of 'zombie elvis' - Zombies are more poison-like than skeletons (though they are good fits for Rock-Type) and Elvis is the king of ROCK and roll.

D4rk3r - Try keeping the unassuming threat look up.

a deer - May I suggest making the back plate spikier?

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
Ooo this is me first time doing the thing. Leggoo~
My concept so far:

>I turned it into a scorpion snake.
>I'm sooo creative. xD;; So basically I've a bundle of slimy poisonous rock. I feel the colors are okay; it's a pretty gross thing to begin with so dark yellow rock with random splotches on it and blue poison can work. And there's also a blue tint to everything because sliiime 8D.
>I'm thinking of adding random pieces of rock and crap into the tail; maybe it can just pick up weird things in there.
>Lore-wise, I feel this thing would live in groups in caves so they can spread their poisonous territory far and wide. ouo
>It looks kind of plain to me tho and idk what to add. Gahh.
>I suppose I'll just update my WIP on this post as I continue.

Last edited:

Quick sketch before I forget the design.

Basically a mix of a sphinx with some chimera/manticore features. The head has a slight Egyptian sphinx motif that goes with the desert = rock theme, and also looks similar to a lion's mane. The tail is like an Onix's tail and the end is sort of shaped like a cobra's hood- not sure if it will be an actual second head or a stinger yet. There are rocky protrusions near its back legs to add to the stone-like appearance- I may add small thinner, spine like features later so it looks more poison-like.

So, I made a thing

Someone else is using Calchanthite, which was something I wanted to play with, but I'm using Cinnabar, another highly toxic rock. Picture him in shades of red.

Cinnabar is harvested largely from the near east, so I wanted him to have that kind of look, but I also like playing with extreme body proportions, so I landed on this kind of "snake in a jar" sort of look. Cinnabar is also typically seem as a decorative piece, but if you handle it the wrong way, it'll expel Mercury. So it's something that's beautiful and strong-looking, and yet still fragile.

Mod Edit: Made it a URL for the time being
EDIT-file resized

EDIT2- D4rk3r I'm just gonna say, I kind of like how he has no pupils. That sort of zombified look is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The OP has been updated to reflect new rules and altered rules as they relate to the special circumstances of CAP 21 having a Mega Evolution. Below, I am including the new section that was added to the OP, but there were numerous other changes made to other sections of the OP. Please re-read the entire OP carefully, since it is different than any previous CAP project.

-----------------------------------------------------------
(from the OP)

Base Design & Mega Evolution Design

Because CAP 21 is a Mega Evolution project, this Art Design stage will be different than any past CAP project. All artists will submit TWO complete designs, one Base Design and one Mega Evolution Design, to make a legal final submission. As such, several Art posting rules have been altered for this CAP to accommodate the special circumstances of this CAP. Please read all the rules in this post carefully, even if you have participated in many past CAP art contests. In addition to the other rules sections, please observe the following, as they pertain to the specifics of making two designs for this CAP:
  • We have altered the rules to allow artists to work on and submit TWO related designs, one Base Design and one Mega Evolution Design.
  • The Base and Mega Evolution Designs by each artist will be voted TOGETHER as a single submission. We will not choose a Base Design independent from the Mega Evolution Design.
  • You are not required to post two WIP designs (one Base and one Mega) in every post. Feel free to work on one or the other and post them accordingly for feedback. However, you must have BOTH for a legal Final Submission.
  • You can post both your Base and Mega design in the same post as full-sized images, if they are aesthetically related and consistent with each other. This is obviously a gray area as far as rules enforcement is concerned, and is not intended to constrain artists stylistically. But if any artists attempt to use this gray area as a way to spam the thread or otherwise abuse the rules, they will be moderated.
  • Unrelated designs must be posted as single images in separate posts, or as links/thumbnails in a single post, just like always.
  • You can post both related Base and Mega WIP designs in a single post, if EITHER design has been substantially altered. Since the designs will ultimately be voted together, it makes sense that they be viewed and commented together as work-in-progress.
  • When posting the Base and Mega designs together in the same post, always post them as separate images (each conforming to the image limits below) and always separate them on different lines. That means they should stack vertically, not side by side, regardless of browser window width.
  • The art thread is always the most active, complicated thread in a CAP project, and with a Mega Evolution in the mix, it will be even more complicated to manage. Please do your best to observe the spirit of fair and fun community participation, as we explore this exciting new CAP project!

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Wait, this is a Mega Evolution CAP now? Ohhhhh boy, things are gonna get hectic!

WIP

The first thing that came to my mind for Rock/Poison-type was a Gorgon/Medusa design. Though we have Malaconda among the ranks of CAP, there's never really been a fully-evolved, true rattlesnake Pokemon. I thought that a snake with an affinity for gems would make for a good Medusa-like design that didn't look too humanoid, and one that incorporated the whole petrification/crystallization thing that Medusa was known for.

Its Mega Evolution takes things a step further. The gem on its forehead pops out and grows to an enormous size (think Mega Sableye), while the individual strands of its gem-tipped "hair" move towards the back of the neck and turn into full-fledged, pseudo-snake heads with multicolored gem eyes, two of which hold small yellow gems in their "mouths". These heads twist and wrap their way around the larger gem to form a seemingly humanoid face. Meanwhile, the gem rattle becomes a bludgeoning tool, and the black gem patterns along its body grow into a myriad of colorful crystals.

New base forme concept and Mega concept. The idea here is that it's a golem corroded by toxic waste.

Partly coloured base form concept. Working on a more abstract version at the same time, with clear outlines and shading/colouring like original pokémon designs.

New updated mega evolution sketch, scanned it with high contrast. I need some advice here, i'm trying to make it more simple but still retain the essence of it. How?

Edit:
WIP colouring of the first base forme concept, just to get an idea. Not sure about the colours yet though.
http://oi61.tinypic.com/4t90co.jpg

Edit: Added new mega evolution sketch with high contrast.
Edit: Added new base forme sketch, also with high contrast. I also replaced all the text since it was outdated.

Last edited:
Orrighty, I think it's time I posted my sketch too!

Here's the non-mega form of my skorpy. Of course, the stone body will be brown, and the crystals will glow violet. The body is pretty much final - I'm just making the boulders less ragged (to look more like Onix/Boldore rocks). The face/head isn't final, though. I'm working on different head shapes and face structures to see what looks... more right. And less like a toad.

Quicky edit: here's an update to the face, a bit spikier now: http://puu.sh/kCB8K/c7c7904cbb.jpg
Also, for reference, the crystals will be like Titanium Aura Quartz, but a bit clearer.

Last edited:
Major WIP, my concept is a Komodo Dragon guarding the proverbial dragon's hoard. There are some gems to be seen peeking out from under the scales. Had to post on mobile since I'm not home right now, so if the image file size is illegal I'll replace it asap.

MOD EDIT: Attachment removed. Please read the OP regarding images in posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rough first design:

Based on a Gargoyle. Gargoyles usually drain water from buildings, but this one dribbles poison instead. The mega will be based on the idea of gargoyles coming to life at night, and will be larger, more monstrous and less petrified.

Alternate designs - one that is horizontal, losing the traditional gargoyle pose but no longer requiring the pillar to be part of the design, and two that combine the gargoyle with either a gorgon or a basilisk. (Interestingly, apparently all Gorgon are female while all Basilisk are male)

I'm wondering whether or not to add arms to the design, and also how to colour/add features to the design giving the idea its made purely of rock without all being one colour.

Edit:
Yveltal Thanks for the feedback. I'm now thinking of removing the skin from the wings to emphsize non-functionality. Original plan for the podium was for the mega form to carry it around in one foot, but perhaps I could attach it to the tail. Base form isn't petrified, merely unable to move much because the tail anchors it to one spot?

Last edited:
Yiam I kind of like your MtG style of conceptualizing your creature, but that guy really needs to get "cutified" to look more Pokemon-ish. My rule of thumb is, ask yourself every time you draw a new version of it "Would this fit in my pocket?" By which I mean, focus on creating detail that could be molded/printed/painted on to a theoretical mini-figure of your design.

WPS Forgive the early response, but I really like what you're trying to do. I know it's just a first pass, but they say Druddigon is based on gargoyles, and they took him pretty far down the rabbit hole in terms of visuals. You might get more out of the design as you play with it if you incorporate the podium into its anatomy somehow, or if you continue to look for more consistent shapes in gargoyles. It might also do good to drive home that the wings are decorative, assuming CAP21 doesn't fly/levitate.

Ye boy here's my WIP

MOD EDIT: Please read the OP regarding image file size.

EDIT: Okay, sorry. I forgot about file size, I was focusing on dimensions that time. I changed it to a smaller version to fit the file size.

This is a snail, but not just any snail, a cone snail. well, that's the origin. It obviously used a hollowed crystal as a shell, the shell is what gives it poisonous attributes, thus it also uses it as it's harpoon. The squiggly stuff inside the crystal is its soft insides, it's visible 'cuz it hollowed the shell just enough to make the insides be visible. As I said, this is a WIP, so creative criticism only, via PS or Smog PM. Goodluck to the others!

Last edited:
Less rough version of my first design (apologies for the poor scan quality)

I've given it arms, tried to make it look more rocky, made the wings look more useless and changed the pillar from a prop to an anchor on the end of its tail. The pillar has a lower spike too, but in this drawing its stuck in the ground.

And the mega version, which is a larger and more detailed version, no longer anchored by its tail pillar.

I'm a little concerned that the mega looks more like a regular evolution, and that it doesn't emphasise its poison typing enough. Any suggestions?

WIP

Design number 2! I was not happy with the earlier design so I had to come up with something else. Then I checked which animals are poisonous and I saw that mole is one of those. And it fits the rock typing (kinda). Also it is sick so it can infect you with the flu!

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Had to think long and hard about this cap, since I wanted to find the closest connection to toxic material found either naturally or in crystal form, although Sgt.Moose 's above design did come across my mind as well and is definitely something he should polish further. I myself ended up stuck on uranium and other radioactive materials found in rocks, and throw in the symbol for radioactivity and you get:

For the mega, I'll try to use the symbol for hazardous materials instead, although I'm undecided whether I should make a bigger ox or a minotaur.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Throwing these out first as I have a few more ideas in mind to flesh out.

It's a punkish moai with a "toxic" attitude and a slime mold ala shuckle

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So I've been working on this over the past week, but Bummer's is clearly better.

'Twas a uranium bull with gas vents and whatnot. If I have the time I'll probably just make something brand new. I wasn't too fond of the basic design I had anyway, since it's not really integrated well.

[18:36] GiantWhirlpool: hEAl, yours just looks like an awkward, mutated tauros

Sad but true.

Last edited:
Hey there! I'm new to the CAP, but I want to contribute anyway. Here's my concept for this CAP:
http://i.imgur.com/CfipflV.jpg

MOD EDIT: Hide tags do not circumvent image posting rules. Please read the OP.

That's a picture taken with my phone of a drawing on paper, but it's just to immortalize the idea. It is inspired to the structure of a bacterophagus and to the Injector in the Kindergartens, from Steven Universe. The gem on top of the column should look like a red precious stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)