NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hello everyone, after yesterday, I was invited into the Nerds Neighborhood, joining U-Turn Out and Cancerous. However, with UTO dead, and me not being the new neighborizer (either acidphoenix has that role now, or it disappeared with UTO's death, I don't know), I am leaving my neighborhood. Ever since I joined, acidphoenix hasn't said a word in the neighborhood quickchat, and I'm not a fan of the posts he made there before I joined (pretty much all discussion revolved around determining who the mafia within the neighborhood is, with constant attempts by acidphoenix to accuse Celever and UTO of being scum). Since this neighborhood looks entirely unproductive, I'd prefer being recruited into another neighborhood.

With that said, I will also Lynch acidphoenix. With so ridiculously little posts and abysmal activity (seriously, has rssp1 posted anything yet?) I honestly don't even know who else to vote for. acidphoenix' behaviour has been quite unproductive, though, and the fact that two of his dead neighbors turned up as village increases the chance that he's mafia (not guaranteed, of course, but statistically quite likely). Also note that both Celever and UTO were the Nerds Neighborhood Recruiter at the moment they were killed, something acidphoenix knew. Again, not saying this is guaranteed, but acidphoenix is the best lynch I can think of right now.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
First off, I just want to say thanks for taking the initiative, MC, today and in general. I can't claim to be the most active person, but seriously, it feels like everyone is dead right now.

Still, I'm wondering what the point of you leaving the neighborhood was. First of all, let me clarify: you said you joined UTO/Cancerous at the beginning, yet don't mention Cancerous henceforth. The events of day 1 suggest that Cancerous was in MeowMix's/TIO's neighborhood (neither of whom you mentioned). So did you make a mistake, or is he actually your neighbor? I inquire because if he is your neighbor, your interactions with him surely would've factored into your decision, yet they are notably absent from your post. Also, it might be a factor in something else, which I'll mention at the end of this post.

Anyway, you claim the discussion was unproductive, and I'll buy that for now; however, what exactly is to be gained by leaving? I'm not seeing any benefit. Are you just making a statement? Did you think being in that neighborhood was dangerous in some way? Yeah, maybe it seems there is little value in being in that neighborhood; however, that always has the potential to change, especially if you guys do still have a neighborizer (and did you even confirm this with your neighbor(s)?). A neighborhood is an option, and I don't see any downsides in having more options. There might be, but nothing has led me to believe it, so I'll have to ask you for your own reasoning. How is being neighborhoodless more beneficial than being part of the neighborhood you left/are leaving?

Regarding acidphoenix, I'm not sure I'm fully convinced by your line of reasoning. Why would someone who is part of the mafia accuse his neighbors of being scum only to kill them (thereby cleaning them)? You saw the conversations, so do you have something to support your claim? There is one curiosity regarding him I'd like to address, though. acidphoenix: I'd like to know why you voted for Cancerous yesterday. If he is your neighbor, as according to MC's post, then it would make more sense, but regardless, I'd like to hear your reasoning, especially since you unvoted him later with no explanation.

Still, I'm wondering what the point of you leaving the neighborhood was. First of all, let me clarify: you said you joined UTO/Cancerous at the beginning, yet don't mention Cancerous henceforth. The events of day 1 suggest that Cancerous was in MeowMix's/TIO's neighborhood (neither of whom you mentioned). So did you make a mistake, or is he actually your neighbor? I inquire because if he is your neighbor, your interactions with him surely would've factored into your decision, yet they are notably absent from your post. Also, it might be a factor in something else, which I'll mention at the end of this post.

Anyway, you claim the discussion was unproductive, and I'll buy that for now; however, what exactly is to be gained by leaving? I'm not seeing any benefit. Are you just making a statement? Did you think being in that neighborhood was dangerous in some way? Yeah, maybe it seems there is little value in being in that neighborhood; however, that always has the potential to change, especially if you guys do still have a neighborizer (and did you even confirm this with your neighbor(s)?). A neighborhood is an option, and I don't see any downsides in having more options. There might be, but nothing has led me to believe it, so I'll have to ask you for your own reasoning. How is being neighborhoodless more beneficial than being part of the neighborhood you left/are leaving?

Regarding acidphoenix, I'm not sure I'm fully convinced by your line of reasoning. Why would someone who is part of the mafia accuse his neighbors of being scum only to kill them (thereby cleaning them)? You saw the conversations, so do you have something to support your claim? There is one curiosity regarding him I'd like to address, though. acidphoenix: I'd like to know why you voted for Cancerous yesterday. If he is your neighbor, as according to MC's post, then it would make more sense, but regardless, I'd like to hear your reasoning, especially since you unvoted him later with no explanation.
Fuck, I made a mistake in my post. The neighborhood I was invited to is the Nerds neighborhood; Cancerous was never part of that neighborhood, I meant acidphoenix (this also means Cancerous and acidphoenix were never neighbors). I have no idea why I said Cancerous, but the original three Nerds were Celever, U-Turn Out and acidphoenix, and as far as I can see I'm the only one who was invited (at the start of Night 2, so I've only been with the neighborhood for one night). If I leave, I can be invited to another neighborhood, which hopefully is more active (like I said, ever since I joined, acidphoenix has not said a single thing in the quickchat, even after I expressed my suspicion of him). Also, should acidphoenix be lynched today, I will be alone in the neighborhood, and even if I get the ability to recruit others, most if not all players in the game will already be in other neighborhoods.

In the quickchat, acidphoenix attempted his brilliant "hi scum" scumtest twice; according to him, anyone denying they are scum after someone says "hi scum" means they are mafia. I have no clue how serious acidphoenix was about this, but it's obvious WIFOM and quite useless. From the start acidphoenix seemed quite convinced there is at least one mafia in the neighborhood, and suggested everyone who is not the recruiter leaves the neighborhood on suspicion on them being scum. acidphoenix has constantly made a lot of assumptions about how neighborhoods are put together and the likes, but the fact is that we have zero clue how Jalmont divided the players among neighborhoods. acidphoenix seemed quite convinced about a lot of his assumptions, however, and I can't help but feel he knows more about the lay-out of the neighborhoods because other mafia are in other neighborhoods.

My vote is on acidphoenix as I find him suspicious, and because I just have no clue about who else to vote for. So many players in the game have been inactive that for most of us I may as well toss a coin to decide whether or not they are mafia or village. acidphoenix is the only player I get a strong scumread off.

Well, that wasn't helpful at all.
I am townreading More Cowbell though, because he seems legitimately frustrated, and he didn't go straight for a lynch on an inactive, something that's pretty easy to do when you're both one of the most active players and mafia.
I did post once before, right at the end of Day 1 (or Day 2, I don't remember). That had something that was actually useful.

on acidphoenix, i'm not sure whether he's scum or not. While I agree that having the degree of certainty he's had is strange, he could have privately messaged Jalmont or something to confirm what he is telling everyone else.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Fuck, I made a mistake in my post. The neighborhood I was invited to is the Nerds neighborhood; Cancerous was never part of that neighborhood, I meant acidphoenix (this also means Cancerous and acidphoenix were never neighbors). I have no idea why I said Cancerous, but the original three Nerds were Celever, U-Turn Out and acidphoenix, and as far as I can see I'm the only one who was invited (at the start of Night 2, so I've only been with the neighborhood for one night). If I leave, I can be invited to another neighborhood, which hopefully is more active (like I said, ever since I joined, acidphoenix has not said a single thing in the quickchat, even after I expressed my suspicion of him). Also, should acidphoenix be lynched today, I will be alone in the neighborhood, and even if I get the ability to recruit others, most if not all players in the game will already be in other neighborhoods.

In the quickchat, acidphoenix attempted his brilliant "hi scum" scumtest twice; according to him, anyone denying they are scum after someone says "hi scum" means they are mafia. I have no clue how serious acidphoenix was about this, but it's obvious WIFOM and quite useless. From the start acidphoenix seemed quite convinced there is at least one mafia in the neighborhood, and suggested everyone who is not the recruiter leaves the neighborhood on suspicion on them being scum. acidphoenix has constantly made a lot of assumptions about how neighborhoods are put together and the likes, but the fact is that we have zero clue how Jalmont divided the players among neighborhoods. acidphoenix seemed quite convinced about a lot of his assumptions, however, and I can't help but feel he knows more about the lay-out of the neighborhoods because other mafia are in other neighborhoods.

My vote is on acidphoenix as I find him suspicious, and because I just have no clue about who else to vote for. So many players in the game have been inactive that for most of us I may as well toss a coin to decide whether or not they are mafia or village. acidphoenix is the only player I get a strong scumread off.
Okay, so I'm inferring from your post that you're under the assumption that players cannot be in multiple neighborhoods at once. Is that correct? I have been assuming the opposite for the entire game, although there have been no cases of which I am aware that have proved my assumption, so maybe I missed something. Does the same hold true for you, or did you receive actual confirmation? Jalmont, are you able to verify whether or not multiple people can be in a neighborhood at once?

Okay, so I'm inferring from your post that you're under the assumption that players cannot be in multiple neighborhoods at once. Is that correct? I have been assuming the opposite for the entire game, although there have been no cases of which I am aware that have proved my assumption, so maybe I missed something. Does the same hold true for you, or did you receive actual confirmation? Jalmont, are you able to verify whether or not multiple people can be in a neighborhood at once?
This is correct; I may have been looking at masons too closely again, but I am indeed under the assumption that a player can only be in one neighborhood at a time. If you can be recruited into multiple neighborhoods, there would be no reason for me to leave my current one.

I mean, it doesn't exactly make sense for someone to be in multiple neighborhoods at a time, but you never know. That'd be a nice question to get the answer to.

So I'm assuming UTO didn't share any results he has with his neighbors.
Deadline is around the corner. We need to speed things up.

Lynch acidphoenix
for extra pressure

I'm comfortable with lynching either more cowbell or phoenix right now.

What reasoning do you have for having more cowbell as a viable lynch?
Also, do you have any other reasons for lynching acid or just the ones that were already brought up?

What reasoning do you have for having more cowbell as a viable lynch?
Also, do you have any other reasons for lynching acid or just the ones that were already brought up?
If 2 villagers dying increases the chance of the last one is mafia, then wouldn't mafia would strike for an all clean neighborhood, not one with one mafia inside? Maybe MC is scum trying to frame phoenix, or maybe phoenix is scum trying to frame MC for trying to frame phoenix while making it look like he's clean.

If 2 villagers dying increases the chance of the last one is mafia, then wouldn't mafia would strike for an all clean neighborhood, not one with one mafia inside? Maybe MC is scum trying to frame phoenix, or maybe phoenix is scum trying to frame MC for trying to frame phoenix while making it look like he's clean.
Good point; like I've said before, I'm not entirely convinced acidphoenix is mafia either. He may be mafia, he may be village pulling stupid moves sometimes, I dunno. The reason I'm arguing for his lynch, however, is that there's pretty much nothing else to go by. I was hoping that by Day 3 we'd have something feasible to go by, but unless the other neighborhoods are cooking up something brilliant, I don't see much happening today, either. In that situation, I'd rather lynch acidphoenix over, say, The Idiotic One, since I just have no clue about him.

By the way, can we already say something about the number of mafia in the game? There's 8 of us left, so if there's 3 mafia, today should be MYLO, right? Unless, of course, we have roles that block night kills or something. Either that, or there's only 2 mafia. Am I right on this or am I spouting stupid shit again?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay first things first, lets start with what all was said at the end of the last day.

I intended to reply to Gale at 2 AM my time but the event I was waking up for was not happening so I kinda just went back to sleep, either way Gale didn't help his case especially after flipflopping on MC and I(especially on me considering I didn't even post between his post where he last accused me and the one where I was suddenly no longer scum), nor the whole "hey I baited phoenix into voting me by claiming a suspicious role after I was told claiming like that hurt the village and was suspicious". At the very least I can't fault acidphoenix for voting there, especially at that stage of the game, especially when as mafia all he did was throw his name into an already decided mislynch.

This brings me to today's discussion, and frankly I want to stay away from acidphoenix simply because he did way too much harm to himself if he is mafia. Only survivor of his neighbourhood, which he brought on himself(correct me if I'm wrong but all his neighbourhood friends were killed), while purposefully voting gale when that lynch was already as good as done. There is too much stacking up there that brings attention to him, negative at that. Naturally he could be doing it on purpose, but then the risk is too high for a reward oh so little. The plan also depends on some random villager defending him or having a partner buddy him, which introduces another risk.

Naturally I'm gonna personally go with a 50/50 here, because if I was betting man, just based on the setup, I'd lynch phoenix, since it does a GREAT deal in narrowing down where a mafia could be hiding. At the same time though, discussing acidphoenix becomes pointless. I'm completely willing to lynch him, most people if we have nothing better to do would, just for the benefit of removing a whole neighbourhood if we are wrong, allowing us to utilise who is in what neighbourhood far more effectively. BUT this has nothing to do with how phoenix acts, what he says, and how suspicious his contributions are, as those no longer matter now that he is an objectively good backup lynch whatever the result.

That being said our attention should be 100% focused on ANYONE BUT HIM. Deciding on a singular lynch target to early, narrows our vision and leaves us with new material we could already be on about delayed until the next day.

So on to the matter of points, firstly Jalmont please poke people privately who haven't contributed today yet(Who I'm a hippopocrytus!), let's skip the people just posting "Hey X post" posts.

Secondly, rssp1 , from all the posts yesterday, you can only come up with so little, including comments on only MC and acidphoenix? I was the starter and the cause of the Gale lynch, yet having no comment on me, or Eo the 3rd person to vote him, is silly.

Speaking of Eo Ut Mortus , I get this feeling of fluff when reading to your posts, an example is when talking about neighbourless people for the good first chunk of a post that amounts to "Lets not talk about it, but think about it, but maybe we should talk about it". More recently there was a lot of space just used to discuss whether MC should or should have, not exactly sure if he did it yet, left the neighbourhood he was invited into, then some points about whether one can be in multiple neighbourhoods(which really should have been a private question to jalmont considering jalmont clearly stated he won't confirm neighbourhood details in public). Now Eo is contributing and some of his dicsussion about MC's decisions can easily be attributed to him drilling MC to see his explanation about leaving the hood contradicts anything. I merely think that previously MC answered my questions about his hoodlessness when he first jumped on phoenix adequately and his recent stuff is way below that level. To put it simpler, I feel a good chunk of Eo's posts are fluff things directed at MC, and sorta pushing discussion back towards pointless stuff about neighbour rules. But he does contribute to current discussions, be it about phoenix or Gale, unlike previous fluffers, and I can see his potential logic behind like half of it. What I'd like is if you took solider stances, if you want to drill MC like that, then drill him, currently it feels like an afterthought that takes up a good chunk of your posts. I feel like this wastes time and I want to see solid stuff instead. I can't help being vague here because from Eo's perspective he might be seriously going after MC, but to me it feels like he isn't.

tl;dr of the above paragraph, Eo stop soft point your finger at MC, if you think he is suspicious then make a stand, because as it stands you're just making yourself look suspicious to me.

Also as my last note, I'd like comments from everyone who didn't take an active part in the discussion yesterday on the matter of Gale, and the reasonings from those who voted Gale.

In the mean time I shall Vote rssp1. I bet everyone thought I'd vote Eo? Nah rssp1's stuff is odd already, Eo's is vague and all it boils down to is I want to him making an actual stance. Eo this doesn't mean you can just ignore my drill.

Regarding Eo drilling me: kinda makes sense as I've made quite a few comments that were wrong, simply because I wasn't paying attention or because I misunderstood the game rules. I hope I cleared up any confusion regarding those situations. Also, I think I have the most posts of any player in this game thread, so there's simply more to discuss than, say, Steamroll's posts. A bit of clarification on Eo's part would be nice, though.

Also, I have some doubts about what I should do regarding my neighborhood. Jalmont explained to me that leaving a neighborhood happens at the end of a cycle (so that means I haven't left yet), and that it is not possible to be in multiple neighborhoods at a time. Now, acidphoenix and I are the only two left in our neighborhood; acidphoenix claims he has the neighborizer role now, but I don't think people can be accepted into neighborhoods anymore since everyone is already in a neighborhood (at least, that's my guess). Do you (and with you, I mean every player who is not me) agree with me that leaving that neighborhood and hopefully joining a larger neighborhood is a good idea?

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't care and it should not be the first damn thing every other player posts about as their first thing. If I see a post only answering MC's question I'm lynching that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)