Ask a simple question - get a simple answer: PU edition

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
what are some good Memento users in PU?
Jumpluff and misdreavus are the most notable. The former often running a set of sleep powder/memento/acrobatics/seed bomb or uturn, and the latter can run memento with a defensive (foul play/pain split/willowisp/memento) or nasty plot (np/shadow ball/coverage/memento)

Is Meganium viable at all in FU? Granted, it's an all around mediocre mon and most of what it does can be done better by other Grass types, but it has decent enough bulk and a few support options. Is it worth considering for a team slot or am I just better off using Quilladin?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't play much PU, so I'm going to ask this. What is the key competition that Pidgeot faces that places it in E rank?

I guess if you need a fast, Normal/Flying defogger that can potentially revenge NP Ninetales and banded Dodrio, Pidgeot could be useful...

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Which is too small of a niche to ever be worth using. Continue on viability rankings if there's any more discussion somehow left

I have 2 weird Arbok sets, both actually work

1st weird Arbok
Sp.Atk'er
Modest Nature
Shed Skin
Choice Specs/ Assault Vest/ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
Moves
------
Sludge Wave
Giga Drain
HP Ice
Dark Pulse

2nd weird Arbok
Trick set
Jolly Nature
Intimidate
Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
Moves
-------
Switcheroo
Pursuit
Gunk Shot
Glare

what do y'all think of them? I just wanted to run a special attacker because I felt like I could be useful, plus Arbok has a descent special movepool.
HP Ice is there just to take care of any unwanted things. I battled using this set and it was holding Black Sludge at the time for more HP Recovery, but HP Ice did about 75% on a krookodile. Ok sure, it was a crit. Still, it probably would've done about 1/2 without the crit. I believe Arbok is a dangerous thing to even come across. I use so many sets for Arbok its ridiculous. Any comments or concerns about these sets? let me know! The Trick set is something someone told me about and I gave it a try, sure it was trial and error on some of the items. I have managed to make it an effective strategy against a dragonite who started D-Dancing and had to switch losing the boost and lum berry to the scarf from switcheroo. I plan on running a beat up set soon!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I have 2 weird Arbok sets, both actually work

1st weird Arbok
Sp.Atk'er
Modest Nature
Shed Skin
Choice Specs/ Assault Vest/ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
Moves
------
Sludge Wave
Giga Drain
HP Ice
Dark Pulse

2nd weird Arbok
Trick set
Jolly Nature
Intimidate
Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Speed
Moves
-------
Switcheroo
Pursuit
Gunk Shot
Glare

what do y'all think of them? I just wanted to run a special attacker because I felt like I could be useful, plus Arbok has a descent special movepool.
HP Ice is there just to take care of any unwanted things. I battled using this set and it was holding Black Sludge at the time for more HP Recovery, but HP Ice did about 75% on a krookodile. Ok sure, it was a crit. Still, it probably would've done about 1/2 without the crit. I believe Arbok is a dangerous thing to even come across. I use so many sets for Arbok its ridiculous. Any comments or concerns about these sets? let me know! The Trick set is something someone told me about and I gave it a try, sure it was trial and error on some of the items. I have managed to make it an effective strategy against a dragonite who started D-Dancing and had to switch losing the boost and lum berry to the scarf from switcheroo. I plan on running a beat up set soon!
My concern is that you posted this in the PU forum, but talked about mons in OU/UU -_-

Also dat 65 SpA tho

I was only using them as examples of how good these things are. it don't matter what the base stat for Arbok's Sp. Atk is, I still use that specific set.
These sets aren't in any way, shape, or form good. Special Arbok is completely outclassed by Seviper and if you're going to use Scarfed Arbok, try it with Switcheroo, Gunk Shot, Earthquake, and Aqua Tail. That will work out much better for you than the set you have there.

These sets aren't in any way, shape, or form good. Special Arbok is completely outclassed by Seviper and if you're going to use Scarfed Arbok, try it with Switcheroo, Gunk Shot, Earthquake, and Aqua Tail. That will work out much better for you than the set you have there.
they work well for me so I consider them good, plus who cares about seviper. Imo, seviper shouldn't exist.

Is Meganium viable at all in FU? Granted, it's an all around mediocre mon and most of what it does can be done better by other Grass types, but it has decent enough bulk and a few support options. Is it worth considering for a team slot or am I just better off using Quilladin?
You could use it as a setup mon with Swords Dance, Petal Blizzard, Earthquake, and Outrage. It's obviously mostly outclassed by Sawsbuck, which has more attack, speed, an actually useful ability and a second stab, but it does have more bulk, Outrage to hit the various Dragons in FU, and Earthquake. I've never used it though so this is total Theorymonning.

As a wall it does have Dual screens and phasing over Quilladin, so there's that.

Last edited:
It can work if you're using like Toxic Spikes stack, but generally Shadow Ball is the best option.
Foul Play is probably the best option for defensive Misdreavus in this meta due to its ability to hit common Normal-types like Stoutland and Ursaring for big damage, but as for offensive sets, Shadow Ball is almost always better than Hex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)