Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

Challenges for rufusdrumknott and hard

Rule (for both): Choose two members of your endgame team. Those Pokemon must stay in their base stage. Pokemon that don't have evolutionary families don't count for this.

Event (for rufus): Pokemon Centers and Poke Marts are closed starting with Kyogre's resurrection, reopening after you defeat Wallace.

Event (for hard): Man-made items aren't allowed for use in Route 14, Laverre City, or Route 15 due to environmental conservation efforts. They can be used in Laverre Gym, but with a Gym maintenance fee of 2500 per item.

Good luck!

Can I get my last Event Challenge before tomorrow?!

BLACK 2 GAUNTLET

Nickname theme: Action media (movies, shows, games, etc.)

Rule Challenges:
1.You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted.
2.All items that restore HP are at five times their normal price
3.you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!
4.You have an irrational fear of the number 3, and this, you can never do or have anything that is a multiple of three. No 3 or 6 pokemon, no items owner with a multiple of three, no moves with the PP as a multiple of 3, nothing you have with a letter count with a multiple of three, nothing.

Event Challenges:
1. You must solo any gym after the 5th with a NFE pokemon.
2. You cannot use any super-effective move against Colress any time you battle him.
3. Event challenge: Defeat Clay with a mono electric team. Aim for the horn!

Last edited:
Ok!

Event Challenge: Defeat the fighting e4 (can't remember his name right now XD) using only moves below 60 bp.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a nefarious mood.

EDIT: oooh, it's MARSHAL, yeesh, what is it with me not remembering names today?

Last edited:
Oh my, this gonna be fun. Lmao.

Rule Challenges:
1.You may never heal a Pokemon unless it's in the red health bar or has fainted.
3.you are a pokemon rights activist and refuse to use the box system due to the horrid conditions that it puts the pokemon into! Any pokemon that goes into your box must be released, have fun with your six best friends!
4.You have an irrational fear of the number 3, and this, you can never do or have anything that is a multiple of three. No 3 or 6 pokemon, no items owner with a multiple of three, no moves with the PP as a multiple of 3, nothing you have with a letter count with a multiple of three, nothing.

Event Challenges:
2. You cannot use any super-effective move against Colress any time you battle him.
4. Defeat Marshal using only moves below 60 bp.

hard

Rule challenge you may never use any healing items outside of battle, so if your pokemon is in bad health condition, tough luck.

Event challenge: For most people Wulfric is a total pushover, but for you, he might be your toughest challenge so far: Defeat wulfric only using Pokemon of the following types: ground, dragon, grass, and flying with only STAB moves; dual types are fine.

Thanks to PSDuckie, Naix and WideTomato I´m only missing 1 rule and 2 event challenges to begin the hard Y run.
I have no early game event challenge or Elite 4/Team Flare challenge as of now, so give me whatever you feel is fitting :)

hey hard, when you say Defeat Clay with a mono electric team, can i have non-electric pokemon on my team if I don't use them? ThanksBrockObama's box rule is imposing because of that XP

pretzel987 this depends on how difficult you like this to be.
I intended it to be a teamrefresh to get rid of any Pokemon you might have grinded before diving into the midgame.
We can make some alterations if it becomes impossible once you reach Clay.

Hub for Black 2 Gauntlet Challenge:

Rule Challenges:

Event Challenges:

Part 1: The pain Adventure Begins!

Last edited:
Looking for 1 rule and 2 event challenges for the hard Pokemon Y Gauntlet to start. Let´s get it done :ö:

Le huge, time and space defying bump.

for your hard event challenge (yay punz), after every gym battle go to Random.org and pick a number between 1 and 6. The pokemon in that corresponding slot must be wonder traded immediately. You cannot alter your party after defeating the gym leader, and you cannot remove items from pokemon after defeating the gym leader.

1_____4
2_____5
3_____6

have fun slowly giving away your good pokemon! XD

Le huge, time and space defying bump.

for your hard event challenge (yay punz), after every gym battle go to Random.org and pick a number between 1 and 6. The pokemon in that corresponding slot must be wonder traded immediately. You cannot alter your party after defeating the gym leader, and you cannot remove items from pokemon after defeating the gym leader.

1_____4
2_____5
3_____6

have fun slowly giving away your good pokemon! XD
sounds fun, thanks pretzel987 !
I guess this counts as a rule challenge though.
Whenever you have an idea for a one time punishment rule, I will be happy.

oh i see XD.

Then take an event challenge:

When challenging the Elite 4, all pokemon in your party must have been caught in different types of balls. Bring on the Premier Ballz!

I changed the wording in the OP so it'd be much less confusing. From now on, instead of refering to the bits people are giving out as "challenges" they'll be referred to as "rules". Which is what they are and always have been, I just took 3 years to clue into it.

So uh, anyone down to give me two rules and three event challenges for Black by any chance? This is sorta dead so if even one person reads this just lay it all on me.

So uh, anyone down to give me two rules and three event challenges for Black by any chance? This is sorta dead so if even one person reads this just lay it all on me.
Rules:
1. No items can be bought from Pokemarts except Premier Balls (must toss the 10 Pokeballs bought to obtain the Premier Ball)
2. Pokemon cannot evolve unless their level is divisible by 10

I'll leave the event challenges for others just in case. I'll check by in a few days and give you them if nobody else has done so.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's been a long time since I've given one of these... hopefully they're okay. They're also nice and end-game to make that challenging.

Three event challenges:
  • When entering Twist Mountain, catch a new Pokemon as soon as possible. Up until you beat Icirrus Gym, you must only use Pokemon caught in Twist Mountain. (For reference, the Pokemon you catch are around level 30. Brycen's ones are upper 30s.
  • You're not allowed to use Pokemon centers or use another healing service after beating Drayden up until the end of the game.
  • When fighting Ghetsis, each Pokemon may only use 1 kind of move. (Once your Emboar used Superpower, it can't use any other move for the rest of the battle.) When the PP of all 6 selected moves becomes 0, reset and try again.
If it's too hard, too bad I'll change them!

I can do this. I believe in the you that believes in the me.

EDIT: A nickname theme would be appreciated too if one of you guys would throw one on.

Last edited:
Welp, I'm going to aim to un-dead-ify this forum by finally starting my B2 Gauntlet within the next few days. Little scared though, as not being able to use any pokemon with a multiple of three in the name makes me solo Clay with only a Jolteon (which means i have to release all my other pokemon). Oh boy. Will post first update tomorrow hopefully.

(i also might have to complete the entire game with only 2 pokemon. not sure on that rule though)

Plz don't die again thread

Rule Challenges:

Event Challenges:

Welp, I'm going to aim to un-dead-ify this forum by finally starting my B2 Gauntlet within the next few days. Little scared though, as not being able to use any pokemon with a multiple of three in the name makes me solo Clay with only a Jolteon (which means i have to release all my other pokemon). Oh boy. Will post first update tomorrow hopefully.

(i also might have to complete the entire game with only 2 pokemon. not sure on that rule though)

Plz don't die again thread

Rule Challenges:

Event Challenges:
I think we clarified it that you could catch a third, but you couldn't use it until you caught a forth one?

I think we clarified it that you could catch a third, but you couldn't use it until you caught a forth one?
Ah ok, honestly couldn't remember, its been too long lol

Fun fact: All three starters have Tackle as their first move. Which has 6 letters. I can work around this, but its going to be veery interesting.

Last edited:
Part 1: The Pain Adventure Begins!

(minor note: for the Multiple of 3 rule, I am going to be counting total PP, not current PP. Otherwise, each move could only be used once or twice before it became a multiple of 3. Moves with total PP as a multiple of 3 will need their PP increased before I can use them though.)
Oh boy, what could go wrong?

As usual, the first few minutes of the game involve quite a lot of A spamming. Surprised the button hasn't broken yet.
My strange phobia of 3 means i probably shouldn't be living with Mom. Not sure i trust Bianca and her 3 (hiss) starters either. But we have to, so I choose Tepig. I wouldn't be able to evolve Oshawott, and Tepig will do better for the first 4 Gyms than Snivy, having to be released before Clay anyways for an electric only team.

Tepig only knows Tackle and Tail Whip (which has 30 PP), so cannot use any moves right now. Well gotta lose to Hugh. (None of the other starters would have fared better, they all have Tackle as their first move. Why couldn't one of them learn Pound or Scratch like in other Gens? sad)

Now we have to get a Tepig, which cannot use any moves, up to level 7! whoopee.

(I should be afraid of Running Shoes technically but hahahahahaha no. Doesn't affect gameplay in an unfair way anyways, just quality of life)

What I end up doing is wandering around until I find a level 4 Purrloin (cannot use Patrat) and catch it at full HP. I ignore Tepig for a while, and level up Purrloin until it can handle the wild pokemon, then use Purrloin to help train Tepig.

(Fun side note: I cannot use Potion(s) or Oran Berry(s), having 6 and 9 letters respectively. I can only use PCs to heal right now. Because of that, I need to weaken all my pokemon before using a PC, which suxx. Hey, at least i can sell the stuff, and i get some extra EXP)
Dear children, do not attempt this at home. I have lost an hour of my life that I will never get back.

Finally, Tepig learns Ember, and thank god it has 25 PP. Now I simply spam Ember on everything, making it much easier.

Alder jumps off a cliff at me, which seems just a teensy weensy bit unsafe. Idk tho, I'm just a 10 year old who uses pets to torture other pets for money.

I make it to the ranch, defeating Trainers and picking up every item I can find (which usually leads to a disappointing Potion), and fight Hugh. Who hasn't given Oshawott a water type move. Hey, I'm not complaining.

I catch a Psyduck, and in order to not have 3 pokemon, immediately catch a Lillipup. Lillipup is completely useless rn, only able to use Odor Sleuth, but is needed so I can use Psyduck.

Hugh gets triggered over a missing Herdier. Cue the PURRLOIN BRIGADE! (dramatic trumpeting) Im not a big fan of Hugh personally, just a little too tightly wound.

Anyways, we go find herdier, and surprise surprise, theres a Team Plasma Grunt! bit of a wimp tho, he won't even battle.
With that out of the way, its time to head on back and take on Cheren! (it'd be hilarious if he just shows up with his final team from BW)

But first, we dispose of the two children in Alder's house.
Hi Mr. Medal! BYE Mr. Medal!

Unfortunately, I will have no type advantage, because i cannot use Tepig/Pignite's Arm Thrust nor Riolu's Force Palm. Just gonna have to brute force my way through with Ember I guess.

Hey, at least I get a Fresh Water. This singular bad boy is going to be my only method of regenerating my health outside of PCs until I unlock Super Potions.

I make it up to Cheren with Tepig at 50%, and end up semi-intentionally wiping. Winning would have been nice, but at least this way all my pokemon are fainted, so I can use the Pokemon Center to heal up. Thank goodness I don't have a PC restriction, intentional wiping will probably be my best means of HP regen for parts of the game. This will make me low on money, and items are super expensive, but as long as I can get a wipe before major battles, that won't matter as much. Hopefully I can save the majority of my money for buying items for the Elite 4.

I defeated one of Cheren's pokemon before wiping, so I net some EXP as well.
Nurse Joy helpfully tells me that I should stock up on Potions. Thanks, great idea, if only i didn't have a crippling fun phobia (huh. fun actually has 3 letters. that joke worked out better than I thought it would.)

Cheren Round 2 goes much more swimmingly. Ember comes in clutch and burns both Patrat and Lillipup, allowing Tepig to come out on top still in the yellow. Slightly unfortunate, as I can't heal him up for now. Whatever, we have our first badge! And Cheren gives us Work Up! Cant use it! Hooray!

Next episode, we take on Roxie! (And get really sad that I can't use Magnemite)
(Oh, and farm ALL THE LEMONADES from PokeStar Studios. Thank god I can use them)

Tepig, Lv. 14
-Ember
-Defense Curl

Tepig is going to Ember his way to victory, at least until Clay. Not much point in spreading EXP until I get Jolteon, as everyone else will have to go.

Purrloin, Lv. 7
-Scratch
-Growl

Purrloin got me through the dark days of Tepig Levels 5 and 6. Other than that, not going to see much usage for reasons stated above.

Psyduck, Lv. 6
-Scratch

Filler, see above.

Lillipup, Lv. 5
-Odor Sleuth

Look at that meta-defining moveset. Only here so I don't have 3 Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)