smogon irl

Stratos

Banned deucer.
met up w/ eaglehawk today

no real story to tell because we just talked while walking from one class to another i just wanted to let u all know that umd is a hip and bopping place for the competitive pokeymans community

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mfw I live in one of the most populated cities in the world and never heard of any smogoners here (Tokyo)

VGC worlds is too far to go to, unless I somehow manage to qualify lol

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Met the following people over ten years ago for JAA Nationals in NYC:

DM
Articuno64
Justin8649 (think I remembered that correctly)
Kongler
Fish
Chalkey & Justin (can't remember their usernames)
ET
Imawario
A few others. See

2010 Houston VGC:

Alakapimp
CaptKirby
Teejay
Biffster
Obi
Others I'm forgetting

And finally: MoP, Warthog, and I went to see Borat in theaters circa 2006. Extremely random but jesus I'm getting all nostalgic over here.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah I agree! I didn't see Hawkstar there but it was a lot of fun meeting up with the rest of you. blara having bad resistance and the infamous 70 happiness Kangaskhan kinda sucked but otherwise it was a good weekend.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I only know one Smogonite irl (Matt_192), but I have only met him at the UK VGC Nationals 2014. We have been in touch ever since though, and we are pretty good friends.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Does anybody live in Atlanta, Georgia? It's a pretty huge place and I know the whole place by heart pretty much but contrary to most big cities I can't think of another Smogonite who lives here. If you do hit me up and we can hang or something.

quick edit: Actually I just checked page one of this thread and themantyke seems to reside here as well. Still, though.
xenu goes to georgia tech (which is in atlanta im p sure) as well

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You're just jealous because we have Disneyland, Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, that kickass model train place near the San Diego Zoo, Griffith Observatory, Catalina Island, better beaches, Sea World, and Fashion Island (not a real island for you non-Cali plebs).
OH YEAH WELL WE HAVE A LAKE WHERE I LIVE.

FUCKIN REKT PUNK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)