Resource Post-LCPL Set Dump

Approved by QuoteCS

Now that LCPL is finally over, use this thread to post innovative sets that you created with the intention of use in LCPL. When you post your set, include the metagame that it is used for and a description of what the set does. This should go without saying but if you were not on a team in LCPL, don't post your sets here. Those innovations can go in H&MBerkeley's thread here.

I'll post some of my own sets for LC UU here to start off:
Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick

Used this in Week 3 against kingmidas, Blaze Kick is a neat coverage move because it OHKOes Paras, which was a good answer to Fighting-types that was hard to switch into because of Spore. Blaze Kick still hit Pumpkaboo and Honedge which was nice, although its walled by Frillish and Floon so Sandile is a good partner for Pursuit trapping.
Coconut (Budew) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

I used this set against Fiend in our match Week 4, where it died without doing like anything. The intent was to make Fiend think that I was using a defensive Budew with Spikes with Frillish to spinblock, and then surprise him by putting a mon to sleep or hitting it with a strong Leaf Storm. The evs give it passable bulk with 15 Sp. Atk and 13 Spe, which was enough to outspeed a crept Pancham. Rest is for recovery so it can pivot into moves and switch out to wake up.
Aron @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock / Metal Burst
- Endure

Taking inspiration from Endure Magnemite, I used this in my Semi-finals match against H&MBerkeley. This thing's a really good blanket check to almost all of the set-up sweepers in LC UU, including Tyrunt, Magby, even Riolu and Totodile if you run Metal Burst. I also found that it does a good job of stalling out weather turns and beats Bellsprout and Mantyke.
Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 76 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Stealth Rock

While I didn't actually use this set, I almost brought it Week 2 because almost all of the Week 1 LC UU games had Trick Room. X-Scissor allows Shrew to beat Inkay under Trick Room, in addition to countering Cranidos and pressuring ghosts with Knock Off. Didn't actually bring it cause TR was kind of clearly just gonna be a Week 1 thing, as people had to steal the sample team in order to play LC UU.
Happy posting!

Litwick @ Berry Juice
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Fun tangma innovation I came up with vs apt-get in w5. Cool antimeta mon that beats sun and renders most munchlax useless. You can run other things like HP Ice for Gligar, Sub for krow, or Infiltrator for yanma. I'm honestly suprised no one picked up on this earlier; it's suprisingly good. Works really well with otr poke too.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Vullaby @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpA / 36 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

heres something I used w1 of LCPL when I was playing BW. LO Vullaby is kinda cool, its like a tankier Murkrow. Basically, it was theorized that since Murkrow was gone not many people would bring things like bird checks anymore, so obviously using birds like Drifloon or Vullaby or Taillow were just monsterish to deal with.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here was some of my better LC UU innovation, p much all centered around the prevalence of webs lol:

Tentacool (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Thief
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

hits 16 speed (can get to 17 with +nature), which was enough to outrun most anything I could think of on a Sticky Web team. Thanks to Clear Body, doesn't drop speed, and can spin easily :)
Thief helps bone the ghosts that might switch in, esp once you've used up Juice.
Chespin (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 68 HP / 28 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Pin Missile

On a webs team, and I needed a reliable check to Inkay, who is a monster if it gets +1 speed and can still switch moves (unlike Scarf Inkay which is just meh). Pin Missile Chespin gives zero fucks, as it's bulky and Pin Missile is close to a guaranteed 2HKO even after some Def boosts, so long as you don't 2 hit a bunch. Also it's a neat Spiker that beats Tentacool, thanks to Bulletproof.
Inkay @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 92 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Superpower
- Knock Off

I doubt I'll be able to recreate what these EVs were for, but needless to say Inkay was a nice anti-meta pick with how many people were using webs or fat things like Hippopotas and Slowpoke. Resttalk turns it into an epic stallbreaker. Totally inspired by the same set Malamar runs in NU.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 10 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Copycat
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Crunch

Taillow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Return
- Toxic

OK I QUIT BUT I need to get this down, the god BW core itself that savaged vileman, not really much to say about it, riolu and taillow are super human good combo for getting an SD passed onto them, and a Burned scarf taillow with an SD boost #justwins fk good thing i checked on this cuz i actually wanted to post here

CYA NERDS

bw2 stuff

fast wynaut

Wynaut @ Oran Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 52 Def / 212 SpD / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

wynaut with speed investment can encore many slower pokemon into moves more reliably than other variants. it outspeeds hippo, timburr, slowpoke, porygon, ferro, foongus, etc with ease and doesn't have to rely on speed ties. it still gives trapping support on key mons like scarf snover too. strictly better than slow wynaut.

lo pawniard

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Iron Head / Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

pawniard is probably the most underrated offensive pokemon is bw2, right alongside np vullaby. since most mienfoo are slow in bw2 it gets the jump on them and 2hkos with psycho cut. scarf foos die to psycho cut+sucker punch, as do fastfoos if you are running adamant or they've taken minimal chip dmg from hazards or weather. very cool mon, great at tearing apart bulky teams and paving the way for other cleaners. usage tip: scout your opponents foo with a +0 psycho before using sd.

specs misdreavus

Misdreavus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Nasty Plot
- Trick

use trick to cripple your incoming counter then proceed to set up and sweep. specs itself doesn't allow many switch-ins, so sometimes you can just click the appropriate move and watch stuff die. again, a great breaker for something like sashbra. lum+3 atks np is also cool for fucking with "counters" like porygon and sand lileep.

as tcr stated earlier, all offensive variants of vullaby are really amazing in this metagame, from LO to evio np to punishment scarf. hypnosis drifloon is also pretty amazing if you're able to land sleep on something. i might post some oras/tangma/dpp stuff later

I'm not exactly the most innovative player but I did have a couple cool things I used this LCPL

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Beat Up
- Sucker Punch / Substitute

Beat Up is mostly for Focus Sash Abra but also gives you a strong option against Pumpkaboo and a move that reliably OHKOs Gastly. I used sucker just because I expected Scarfers / Sweepers / Priority users from melon more than I expected him to use Pawniard or something I'd need to dodge status from, but Subs good too.

Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 Spe
Impish Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Ice Shard / Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin

It's really hard to come by spinners that are able to at least spin in almost every match-up, but shellder does that because of its massive physical bulk and ability to beat Ghost-types. I think I brought this against madoka and it did nothing, but it's super nice to have against hazard stacking teams and poses a threat on its own. Shellders also adorable which helps

Lemonade (Chinchou) (F) @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Heal Bell
- Ion Deluge

Never got to shine but y'all know what you should be using from now on
besides the Ion Deluge, people should be using my spreads

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

I don't remember if SD PJab foo ended up doing anything in my LCPL matches, but it is an amazing fairy lure, which lets partners like DD Scraggy or BU Timburr cleanly sweep. Basically, you just need to knock off Spritzee on the first switchin, switch out, and reveal SD+pjab the next time Mienfoo is in play and Spritzee tries switching in.
+2 0 Atk Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 22-28 (81.4 - 103.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 26, 28)
If the opponent's fairy is cottonee, just PJab the switchin or predict it not using encore and use PJab turn 2.
If the opponent's fairy is standard BJuice snubbs, you don't even need to knock it off first.
+1 0 Atk Mienfoo Poison Jab vs. 36 HP / 36 Def Snubbull: 22-26 (95.6 - 113%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)

Of course, this set kinda relies on MU, as if the opponents fighting check is a fire type, then SD Foo can't really muscle past them that well, which is why BU Timburr over non-shed skin DD Scraggs is preferred as the partner, as Timburr can abuse burns.

----

Tyrunt @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 204 Atk / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute

This set's purpose is to lure status from status abusers like Larvesta, Pumpkaboo, and Porygon, set up a substitute, and get free boosts. ZHB is chosen as coverage because it's a nice fighting type lure, cleanly killing knocked off Mienfoos/Timburrs. However, it struggles versus steel types, so I ran a nice magnet pull magnemite set as a partner.

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave

Magnemite is EV'd to survive 2 knock offs from standard evio Pawniard, so it can freely switch in and guaranteedly kill with HP Fighting. However, it's important to scout for Brick Break/Life Orb sets, so it's usually safer bringing Magnemite into play versus Pawniard with a slow U-turn from Vullaby, something that usually lures Pawniard into play.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)