ORAS UU SSJ3 Ampharos Agility

This team focus's around around a clean sweep with Mega Ampharos. A Modest Mega Ampharos has just as much power as a Timid Choice Specs Raikou. An understimated 165 Base Special Attack makes it have the highest base attacking power in UU. Something completely overseen.

252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 258-304 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

The team has good offensive synergy to keep pressure on opponents to weaken certain threats so that Ampharos can sweep more efficiently. Mainly Florges/Blissey/Swampert

Team Building Process

This was a long trial and error. I wanted to make it simple to test out Ampharos then go from there. So I added two simple cores

Suicune has great defensive synergy with Roserade and Ampharos, so that was an easy choice. Roserade is a great switch in to Florges and can punch holes in teams.

Needed some good physical attackers and I love the Synergy between Krook and Cobalion. I need a SR setter and both are capable of that. I originally had Cobalion as my SR setter but I like Volt Switch much better to keep momentum.

Magneton was just a filler to trap Forretress from spinning and setting up spikes. Also it provided a pretty good revenge killer.

Magneton worked pretty well in the lower ladder but as I got towards the higher ladder ran into alot of problems with magneton's synergy with this team. Arcanine provided great FWG core and a dual intimidate core with Krookodile to stop physical attackers.

Team Preview:

SSJ3 (Ampharos) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Agility

Description: The main show. A great late game cleaner!! This destroys offense and punches holes in stall. As I mentioned in the intro, it has just as much power a Timid Choice Specs Raikou. I did a little research as to why the analysis has Ampharos Timid. Sure you outspeed base 130s but they can't do much in return. Jolteon, Crobat, Aerodactyl(who most likely already Mevo'd). Majority of the common choice scarfers outspeed you anyways with Timid. The power that comes from Modest is necessary for more situations than having a Timid nature. I try to find a time to mega evolve early and help punch holes for teammates.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind/ Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Description: We all know Crocune, It's bulky, switches into fire types, wincon. Works with great synergy with this team. Scald helps with burns that makes switching into threats much easier. With this team I try not to rely on suicune switching too much unless absolute necessary. It makes me lose a bit of momentum. Also if I want to switch late game with it, I want it to be very healthy to set up.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm/ Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Description: I love Roserade on this team. My main switch into bulky waters and Florges. Giving a roserade a free switch in so easily is scary. Playing with Roserade, alot of teams are not prepared for offensive roserade. It hits like a truck even with neutral damage. Sleep Powder to screw over Crobat switch ins from Defogging me. I am in a dilemma though. Leaf Storm allows me to hit hard out of a sticky situation when Sludge Bomb or Giga Drain does not do enough damage. Hidden Power Fire allows me to easily get passed Forretress, Doublade, and Lucario. If Sleep Clause is not in effect than I usually Sleep Lucario. Can't allow it to set up, which is why I am in debate with HP fire. But Leaf Storm has really come through for me in the end.

Cobalion @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch/Sword Dance
- Taunt/Sword Dance

Description: My hard bulky hitter. Cobalion is like everything in one. Life Close Combat hits harder than it seems without the boost. Unresisted causes alot of clean 2HKOs. Tried Leftovers, but the damage was lackluster. Haven't experimented much with the Sword Dance Leftovers. Volt Switch allows me to keep momentum which is huge for this team. Taunt is great for stopping walls from recovering but I have tried replacing it with Sword Dance and worked pretty well. Need help deciding the best plan for this one.

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt/ Purauit
- Stealth Rock

Description: To be honest, this is mostly my lead. Starts off strong with attacking. I try to weaken physical attackers lowering their attack and chipping off damage. It's also the only thing keeping me from getting swept by choice scarf chandelure. Knocking off leftovers is a huge help in wearing down walls and eviolite pokemon. Also a great stop from SD lucario from sweeping my team. It's a huge glue to this team

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Description: I would definitely say this is the glue that allows me to beat other offensive teams that would usually get the upper edge on me. Leftovers is necessary over Rocky Helmet because I have no way of getting rid of hazards. A great switch into Heracross and other fighting types. I usually try to spread as much burn as I can even knowing they have a cleric. Any little constant damage really helps my team sweep better

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Description: After a suggestion I decided to replace this over Arcanine. It is a great win con for my team and also cleric. Allowing me to be a little more "riskier" against scalds. It also helps patch up my hugs hydreigon weakness

Team Counters:

GOING TO FINISH UP LATER!!
Since this is an offensive team there are alot of counters to it if I dont have the upper hand. Arcanine helps turn situations around, but still sometimes not enough.

Highlights:
Black means easy to handle
Orange means can be difficult if a certain counter is damaged or KOed
Red means I have to predict really well to stop it before it sweeps my team with a description on the set.

Feraligatr
Hydreigon- Choice Scarf is faster than agility Ampharos. It's speed tier means it outpaces majority of pokemon. I have almost nothing to switch into Life orb Draco Meteor either. Usually Ill have to sac something.
Reuniclus- Calm Mind set isnt as scary as the Trick Room set. Krookodile can KO the trick room set. 252/252 Def can survive a Knock off and KO with Focus Blast.
Salamence- The new and uprising Draco Meteor+Defog set is scary but not as scary as the Hydreigon. Arcanine and Krookodile can switch into the physical set.
Suicune

Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Beedrill

Cobalion -
SD+Stone Edge can sweep my team if I dont win the speed tie with my Cobalion.
Entei

Florges- I've stated this multiple times in the analysis, I hate Florges. It stops my ampharos and just all around annoying. Even though my team can easily pressure it, it is very hard to kill

Krookodile
Mamoswine

Mega Swampert

A
zelf- Nasty Plot set is really really scary. Especially if it decides to carry Psychic instead of Psyshock. A well played Azelf can easily sweep my team.
Mega Blastoise

Chandelure

Doublade

Empoleon

Heracross

Mandibuzz

Meinshao

Nidoqueen

Porygon2

Rotom-C

Mega Sharpedo

Shaymin

Slowking

Snorlax

Whimsiscott

Conclusion

UU is a pretty hard tier and I finally made a team that has been pretty successful on the ladder. The power of Ampharos is incredible. Destructive and with agility, makes it even scarier. This team still could use alot of work. And I would really appreciate critique. The only thing I ask is to keep Agility Ampharos as that is the reason I made the team. But all others I would really appreciate a change to see how well I could use the potential of SSJ3 Ampharos.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I like the team, but I got some potential ideas to help you with your threatlist! Onto the rate we shall go!
  • First off, I suggest running RoarTalk Suicune > Crocune as this gives you the solidity of a physical "wall" that Crocune is with the ability to phaze out those setup sweepers that threaten you such as Cobalion, Reuniclus, and Azelf. I will also explain why CM is no longer needed later.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

• Secondly, I would suggest Leftovers / Shuca Berry > Life Orb on Cobalion as this allows the Taunt + VSwitch variants have a way of passive recovery whilst providing momentum with SD variants (if you so choose) having a one-time check to many of the powerful Ground-types Cobalion can check with its STABs such as Mamoswine and Krookodile. I understand Leftovers power is lackluster, but the point of Taunt + VSwitch is to stallbreak while also providing momentum while it provides recovery on resisted hits such as Hydreigon's STAB moves and Salamence's Draco Meteor if Swords Dance.
  • Thirdly, I suggest running Dread Plate > Rocky Helmet on Krookodile. This allows Krookodile to have powerful Knock Offs and may I also suggest Pursuit > Taunt if you run Taunt on Cobalion as Krookodile is a great user of Pursuit, trapping Hoopa, Chandelure, and weakening Doublade.
  • Ok so I noticed the lack of a SpD "wall" so I suggest running Calm Mind Florges > Arcanine. This gives you a solid win condition, something to take weak special attacks, and something to threaten Hydreigon, a big thorn in your side. Arcanine isn't really needed in my opinion as you have the ever-loving Scald to spread burns on Suicune as well as Krookodile weakening physical attackers and you still have reliable recovery in Synthesis while also having a cleric to wake up Suicune if needed with Aromatherapy.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Overall I like the idea behind the team (Agility MAmphy is really cool) and hope you like my changes!

What a nerd, not even ssgss Mmphy >.>

NV pretty much covered the "balanced" direction for this team so I'll cover the offensive side I guess.

You really want to put spikes over either leaf storm or giga drain on roserade, with no hazard clear of your own forcing the opponent to defog seems pretty useful. Rade also takes advantage of the better spinners in the tier forcing a really passive spin with shit like forry who is absolute setup fodder for your main wincons and spikes really build up damage for your somewhat "weak" sweepers.

I feel like a SD feraligatr would be a better fit over suicune on this team in general, with no way to clear web you're completely reliant on priority and you have redundant fire and water soaks already a set of SD/Jet/Waterfall/Crunch could really help the team in that regard and gatr really thrives on spikes.

If you make up your mind on that cobal set I would really recommend Lum for SD and lefties or a resist berry for pivot cobal.

Run odd HP on arcanine.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the suggestions :)

After experimenting with the suggestions you guys gave me I've changed my team around.

NV I've added the Florges set and it has worked wonders for my team. It now makes hydreigon and salamence a liability to use their STABs.

I've also decided to add Roar<--Calm Mind with Florges being my new Win Con suicune works much better as my physical wall.

Changed Pursuit<-- Taunt. It does feel nice to have a guaranteed kill over Hoopa and Chandelier. But I decided to keep Rocky Helmet. I rarely found a time where I needed the extra power from Dread Plate. But there were many times when I could've used the extra chip damage on opponents. Especially since now I've aded spikes to Roserade.

jjoshcja I've added Spikes to Roserade because it does put alot pressure on opponents to spin of defog, giving me a free switch in or shifting momentum in my favor. :) thanks for that

Tl:Dr
  • Replaced Arcanine with Calm Mind Florges
  • Roar over Calm Mind on Suicune
  • Pursuit over Taunt with Krookodile
  • Spikes over Leafstorm with Roserade
  • Leftovers over Life Orb with Cobalion

Thanks you guys for the suggestions :) they helped a shit ton!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)