Is Mega Pinsir a girthy god tier mon?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Slayaaa

Banned deucer.
The infamous JOHN DIGGERSBY is gracing your presence with his first RMT, prepare for rekage m8s. H8 me or love me m8s i could care less. My friend Max Rolls suggested i use Mega Pinsir on one of my HO teams, being scepticle at first i catered the team to him and beating his counters pretty much and it's proven successful but i feel like I'm missing something that's why im making this here RMT. Let's get started

Tyrannosauras Rekt (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Standard lead offensive garchomp GG. But seriously tho i cant count on 50 hands how many people stay in VS chomp and get blown back because of sash. Lati dracos, gets DClawed rip, Weavile ice shards, gets EQuaked rip ect., Rocks isn't as much of a priority as getting Pinsirs checks out of the way is. So that's that get rocks when i can.

Rekt Prince of Bel-Air (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

MMMM this BB right here. Credits to NotFalse for the EVs, not sure what 56 spdef does but bisharp is no pushover imo. Anyways Adamant lum berry sets helps with one of Pinsirs main counters, rotom-wash. Bisharp comes in on rotom, I dance, he burns, I knock off GG bye. Bisharp is my second win-con so i try to keep him around but his job of removing rotom can get him revenge killed pretty quickly. Lum is invaluable, everyone says run LO but i disagree ive been paralyzed and burnt so many times and it comes in handy. Amazing clutch sweeper also.

Catcher in the Rekt (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This guy right here is OP. Gale wings is one of the most broken abilities in the game imo. Comes in revenges almost any offensive mon and sets up on the defensive ones GG. Ive tested acrobatics no item and natural gift grass, but just keep running back to this set. 2nd part of my bird spam so he helps weaken Pinsirs counters also by constantly applying pressure to bird checks. This guy absorbs will-o-wisps to which cripple my entire team bar Starmie.

Star Trekt (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Every team with Pinsir and/or Talonflame needs a spinner and since im not running sand i opted for Starmie for speed. My god this thing hits switch-ins like a nuke because of Analytic. Most people say just run Natural Cure, well no. If you seen how i switch in on Keldeos and they try and check me with Tyranitar and get blown all the way back by Analytic boosted Hydro Pump you wouldn't say run NC again GG. People also like to switch in Bisharp and Scizor against this thing, why? Hydro blows you back even without Analytic and with Analytic you're just gone. Kind of strayed from the crowd by using Psychic > Thunderbolt, i find smashing rotoms out is more important and hits fighting types + Mega-Venusaurs just get smacked up.

Great Rektspectations (Landorus-T) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Ahhhh yes the unexpected monster that nobody prepares for. Jaws start dropping when i click SD or Rock Polish. By next turn i have both and its just GG. EVs make this thing a tad bulkier, Click RP against offensive teams and win or click SD against defensive and win or both if balance. This thing is my check to Excadrill in sand also because he runs through my team with ease. Intimidate is nice to for Scizors and such that want to setup GG.

Forrekt Gump (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

This dude comes in, hits Swords Dance, wins. It's literally that easy 9/10. Pinsir is so OP if you don't have fast electric mons that resist Quick Attack, it's usually GG. KOs Tankchomp at +2, reks Hippo, KOs Slowbro at +2, Mega Sab, pretty much every single mon on stall gets one shotted GG. Set is self-explanatory really, the team paves the way for his sweep if it's not already paved by not having checks like Rotom-W. IMO the most clutch mon in the entire game, I've came back 4-1 with this guy by just setting up a Swords Dance, which is so easy to do because Mega- Pinsir is not a slouch on the defensive side at all m8. I use Hyper Cutter before mega evolving incase Lando wants to which in kek, well good try m8 because i won't mega evo and i'll just blow you back with +2 Frustration GG nice check m8.

Threatlist: Rotom-W he threatens my Pinsir sweep and counters Talon also. H8 this mon.
Opposing Talonflames just irk me.
Mega-Manectrics are no fun and neither are Raikous.
Probably not last but never least Quagsire oml this mon needs to stop seeing usage IMO.
last but not least offensive water types such as pert and feraligatr 6-0 me, rain in general 6-0s me
Shoutsouts!!
Max Rolls for being such a girthy God and telling me to use Pinsir
Cytherea for also being a girthy God GG no re.
PDC for getting 5-0ed by DDLando and showcasing how great it can be
LittleLucario for thinking he can use this team as good as I kek.
UpdatedKanto for giving me an amazing match with a Mega-Diancie team that came down to a speed tie vs both Talonflames at the end oml.
imsosorrylol aka Raymond for being better than me rip.

Importable Star Trekt (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Great Rektspectations (Landorus-T) @ Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Forrekt Gump (Pinsir) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- Quick Attack

Catcher in the Rekt (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Rekt Prince of Bel-Air (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Sigh, gotta love your Kyu-B switchins :)
In all seriousness though, you get destroyed by all the common threats to HO, like Azu, Talon, and Bisharp. To deal with Talon and Bisharp, I would recommend changing the chomp set to TankChomp. As for Azu, there aren't really any mons you could put on the team without changing the structure. Great team, but you're still a subpar player compared to me :)

Hey Slayaaa, i like the team. SD Spam is pretty good at the moment.

I only have two suggestions, my first being to try Mixed Garchomp > Sash Swords Dance since I think that sets utility benefits your team as a whole more than Swords Dance. Fire Blast dents into Skarmory that wall your M-Pinsir and Double Dance Lando-T, as well as Ferrothorn that your Starmie can't spin on. Draco Meteor dents into Rocky Helmet Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Rotom-W for your bird spam core, and guarantees damage whereas your opponent could just switch after you Swords Dance to preserve health. +1 Dragon Claw actually does less to defensive Landorus-T than Draco Meteor does, and Draco also does more to Rotom-W than +2 Dragon Claw when you're burnt. Plus Garchomp isn't staying in on you to take a +2 Dragon Claw, so I think this change can help your team a bit without you really losing much.
252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 144-171 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk burned Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 90-106 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 320-380 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 354-416 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 212-252 (50.4 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 183-216 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 153-181 (40 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
While this set doesn't do much versus Hippowdon and Clefable, your Landorus-T uses them as setup fodder anyway. It also has the additional benefit of being able to surprise and 2HKO Quagsire (Quagsire takes consistent damage from Draco due to Unaware ignoring the SpA drops) which walls Talonflame and Landorus-T, and one Draco puts it in range of M-Pinsir's Return if they opt to switch.

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Next, I think you should run Yache Berry > Soft Sand on Landorus-T since your team is terribly weak to fast electrics such as Thundurus, Raikou, M-Manectric, as well as Weavile. Yache Berry allows you to take an Ice Shard from Weavile after you Rock Polish, or if they assume you're Scarf, allowing you to get rid of it to support M-Pinsir and Starmie, while also stopping it from preventing you from sweeping. It also lets you comfortably take HP Ices from the aforementioned Electric types and retaliate with Earthquake (or Stone Edge in Thundurus' case) and get rid of them to give M-Pinsir an easier time at cleaning. This also helps you set up on Tyranitar risk free since you have to worry about whether they have Ice Beam or not.

Great Rektspectations (Landorus-T) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

You also should move the 4 extra EVs on Pinsir from HP to Defense so it takes less from Stealth Rock.

Hope i was able to help!

Slayaaa

Banned deucer.
Hey Slayaaa, i like the team. SD Spam is pretty good at the moment.

I only have two suggestions, my first being to try Mixed Garchomp > Sash Swords Dance since I think that sets utility benefits your team as a whole more than Swords Dance. Fire Blast dents into Skarmory that wall your M-Pinsir and Double Dance Lando-T, as well as Ferrothorn that your Starmie can't spin on. Draco Meteor dents into Rocky Helmet Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Rotom-W for your bird spam core, and guarantees damage whereas your opponent could just switch after you Swords Dance to preserve health. +1 Dragon Claw actually does less to defensive Landorus-T than Draco Meteor does, and Draco also does more to Rotom-W than +2 Dragon Claw when you're burnt. Plus Garchomp isn't staying in on you to take a +2 Dragon Claw, so I think this change can help your team a bit without you really losing much.
252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 144-171 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk burned Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 90-106 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Garchomp: 320-380 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 354-416 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 212-252 (50.4 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Garchomp Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 183-216 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 153-181 (40 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
While this set doesn't do much versus Hippowdon and Clefable, your Landorus-T uses them as setup fodder anyway. It also has the additional benefit of being able to surprise and 2HKO Quagsire (Quagsire takes consistent damage from Draco due to Unaware ignoring the SpA drops) which walls Talonflame and Landorus-T, and one Draco puts it in range of M-Pinsir's Return if they opt to switch.

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Next, I think you should run Yache Berry > Soft Sand on Landorus-T since your team is terribly weak to fast electrics such as Thundurus, Raikou, M-Manectric, as well as Weavile. Yache Berry allows you to take an Ice Shard from Weavile after you Rock Polish, or if they assume you're Scarf, allowing you to get rid of it to support M-Pinsir and Starmie, while also stopping it from preventing you from sweeping. It also lets you comfortably take HP Ices from the aforementioned Electric types and retaliate with Earthquake (or Stone Edge in Thundurus' case) and get rid of them to give M-Pinsir an easier time at cleaning. This also helps you set up on Tyranitar risk free since you have to worry about whether they have Ice Beam or not.

Great Rektspectations (Landorus-T) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

You also should move the 4 extra EVs on Pinsir from HP to Defense so it takes less from Stealth Rock.

Hope i was able to help!
finally a rate!, I love the suggestion of yache on lando never really thought of it before ill test it do nice, and the chomp set is interesting ill test it also thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)