Bleach Discussion Thread

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is nobody going to talk about how captain falcon gerard valkyrie is being set up to fight some of the strongest shinigami out there (urahara, yoruichi, shinji) all by himself? i'm extremely hyped up to see what his epithet (the miracle) does; as a bonus, it finally presents an opportunity for shinji, who has not had a chance to fight an opponent on-screen, to have a proper fight. also, if lille claims to have been the last quincy granted power by yhwach, i'm fully expecting gerard valkyrie to be the first quincy that was granted power (and a place as one of yhwach's schutzstaffel) so kubo can show off even more judeo-christian influences in the wandenreich.

also, before i forget, shunsui bankai hype!

I stopped frequently viewing the chapters after Ukitake just got trashed on, but Shunsui's bankai sounds interesting. It's nice that we'll finally see that.

is nobody going to talk about how captain falcon gerard valkyrie is being set up to fight some of the strongest shinigami out there (urahara, yoruichi, shinji) all by himself? i'm extremely hyped up to see what his epithet (the miracle) does; as a bonus, it finally presents an opportunity for shinji, who has not had a chance to fight an opponent on-screen, to have a proper fight. also, if lille claims to have been the last quincy granted power by yhwach, i'm fully expecting gerard valkyrie to be the first quincy that was granted power (and a place as one of yhwach's schutzstaffel) so kubo can show off even more judeo-christian influences in the wandenreich.

also, before i forget, shunsui bankai hype!
We all know Renji is going to solo him in the end, Thor-wannabe will likely blast off the other 3 and they'll all make 1 big final attack to topple him despite the grievous injuries of the others. Or something like that. But it will be interesting to see what Gerard's powers actually are besides being a strongman as he died pretty much instantly against Oetsu R1. Too bad Kenpachi is down, this would've been a fun one to see them both stabbing each other. Or maybe he'll recover quickly in Maiyuri's container and make a comeback.

BLINGAS, interesting link, been kinda wondering what that was a reference to. Cool.

I hope Shinji is going to not be that guy and actually use his hollow powers while going Bankai. I am really tired of seeing the Vizards all getting one shotted especially Shinji.

Edit:
I just noticed that the Vollständig from Sternritter X looks different from the one he used against the Zero Squad
http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/604/10

Last edited:
I fucking love Askin Nakk Le Vaar...he is just the realest dude in this arc.
What happened to Kyoraku's Zanpakto? I thought it was about games and now it is about acts in some kind of theater or something

I fucking love Askin Nakk Le Vaar...he is just the realest dude in this arc.
What happened to Kyoraku's Zanpakto? I thought it was about games and now it is about acts in some kind of theater or something
Maybe that's the whole "bankai" aspect of it? Like, they came from playing child games to playing in a grand spectacle that the world will see?

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very nostalgic chapter this week (for anime viewers), due to Katen Kyokotsu’s spirit form making a first appearance in the manga, since we haven’t seen her since the anime.
Unfortunately Lille Barro appears to be more than what Kyoraku can handle, or its just he let down his guard too quickly.

guess the pink thing on kyoraku's captain haori belonged to his lover judging from the way his bankai talks. Kubo said the would explain the story of it. I am glad to see one of the captains not named Hitsugaya to talk to his Zanpakto...if only it didn't remind me on the terrible Zanpakto Filler (it was better than the Xcution and Beast Sword act though).

Eh I hope it's not over yet, Kyoraku already has 2 holes punched in him, surely a 3rd won't be enough. I mean if someone as generally weak (relative to other shinigami) as Mayuri can kill off an elite sternritter with his mod soul's help, Kyoraku should be up to the task...

Interesting how Lille is surviving with his head blown off, generally you need that to live. And makes a spectral one.

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know what's the deal with passing the Zanpakuto onto Nanao, or returning ownership should I say.
Nanao is light-years weaker than Lisa and I'm starting to miss her already given Kyoraku's loss despite all this hype from his Bankai for the past weeks.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
The first victim of the war was a character with literally two lines of dialogue prior to this arc, but his death was treated as a game-changing, “anyone can die” moment.
I don't even remember this. Which character was it?

Agreeing, God killing zanpakuto is just a bit too convenient here...also zanpakuto spirits can apparently give birth, which is hella creepy in its own way.

The real twist here would be instead of a defeat, birdman still wipes the floor with those two and then goes over to help impair the last main concentration of shinigami unless ikkaku and yumi get their fight against him. But eh, let's see what kido girl can do, her kido was strong enough to stop Haschy for a time after all.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing, God killing zanpakuto is just a bit too convenient here...also zanpakuto spirits can apparently give birth, which is hella creepy in its own way.

The real twist here would be instead of a defeat, birdman still wipes the floor with those two and then goes over to help impair the last main concentration of shinigami unless ikkaku and yumi get their fight against him. But eh, let's see what kido girl can do, her kido was strong enough to stop Haschy for a time after all.
How the hell do you remember anything about how this girl fights?

is it just me, or could it be that there is an actual plothole in this chapter? I thought Nanao joined the Gotei since it was said by Kyoraku that she was suppost to be the youngest member and in that 100 years turn back the pendelum act she was very little but appearently in this chapter she was almost an "adult" before she even got into the 8th Division

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)