Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

I still need one more Scramblemon! Even though this thread died for like a month since I put up the challenge.

user 18 take Omnivore the Silcoon. Omnivore loves to do one thing, and that is to eat. In fact, it eats so much it's almost obsessive. It may never enter a Double Battle with your Cascoon, because it will simply start eating Cascoon. Additionally, learn and keep all HP recovery moves (so your final moveset will be Morning Sun/Absorb/Mega Drain/Giga Drain), because starting at level 10, those are the only moves Beautifly may ever use.

Every time your Beautifly falls below half health, you must use healing items on it until this is rectified (though you are not obliged to do so mid-battle). Additionally, it must always hold a berry.

Have Beautifly solo one gym leader of your choice, not named Brawly.

Kittttten take Slacker the Slakoth.

Slacker is pretty much the opposite of Tryhard. As a result, it may only learn Normal-type moves and may never enter Doubles+ battles together with Tryhard. It may also not learn any TMs, and must learn Slack Off ASAP (if you don't want to delay evolution that's fine--but Heart Scale it ASAP).

Slacker does not want to participate in any Gym Leader battles when you first catch it. However, after you defeat Brawly (which you will do ASAP), you will enroll it in a training regimen. At this point, it may evolve into Vigoroth. As a Vigoroth, it is very eager to make up for its laziness as a Slakoth. Thus, have it solo every trainer in every gym you enter, including the gym leader, unless it conflicts with another solo. Finally, solo Norman to evolve into Slaking.

Norman shows Slacker the true power of its final form, and as a result it wants to enter it as quickly as possible, so do so. However, upon evolution into Slaking, it goes back to its lazy ways. It may never again participate in any Gym Leader battles, but it must solo one Elite Four member. After all, what better test of power is there?

Question: Should I interpret the attacking move restriction as "must have only two attacking moves, one dragon, one fire", or "can only know dragon and fire moves that can deal damage"? I assume I can replace any fire move with another fire move when I feel like it (and same for dragon).
It has to know a dragon move and a fire move that do damage (but you can always replace them) and then two other moves that do not do damage.

I still need one more Scramblemon! Even though this thread died for like a month since I put up the challenge.

user 18 take Omnivore the Silcoon. Omnivore loves to do one thing, and that is to eat. In fact, it eats so much it's almost obsessive. It may never enter a Double Battle with your Cascoon, because it will simply start eating Cascoon. Additionally, learn and keep all HP recovery moves (so your final moveset will be Morning Sun/Absorb/Mega Drain/Giga Drain), because starting at level 10, those are the only moves Beautifly may ever use.

Every time your Beautifly falls below half health, you must use healing items on it until this is rectified (though you are not obliged to do so mid-battle). Additionally, it must always hold a berry.

Have Beautifly solo one gym leader of your choice, not named Brawly.
Accepted.

Can it enter a double battle with dustox after I evolve cascoon? What if those two are the only pokemon left during a double battle?

It has to know a dragon move and a fire move that do damage (but you can always replace them) and then two other moves that do not do damage.
Thanks for the clarification, accepted.

Can I give it Toxic?

AOPS, take a geodude, name it whatever you like.

This geodude is upset that it cannot be evolved into Golem without trading, so it refuses to evolve at all. Have it hold the everstone once you get it in order to facilitate this, and cancel all attempts at evolving.

In order to compensate for this restriction, geodude feels that it should learn moves that are as powerful as possible. However, it does not believe power ratings on moves are accurate. Instead, it believes in the power of technology. Whenever you obtain a new TM or HM that geodude can learn, you must immediately teach this move to geodude, unless it already knows it or this would conflict with another restriction. Moves learned by TM may only be replaced by TM or HM moves, moves learned by HM may never be replaced.

To show off its strength, geodude must solo one gym leader (other than Falkner) and one E4 member of your choice. By the E4, geodude must know both strength and rock smash.

Kittttten I have a dual scramblemon (two mons that rely on each other for the challenge) idea for you, but I wouldn't want to take up two of your spots without permission, and I also have ideas for a normal, one-mon Scramblemon. Preference?

Accepted.

Can it enter a double battle with dustox after I evolve cascoon? What if those two are the only pokemon left during a double battle?
First answer: no
Second answer: have Silcoon/Beautifly attack Cascoon/Dustox until the latter is fainted

I'm accepting Geodude. LGI

Looking forward to my first challenge.
-Pokemon Y
-Trading/Breeding allowed
-Hard difficulty
Thank you in advance!
edit: Ready to begin

~Accepting Camouflage the Burmy from Phione
~Accepting Sword the Honedge from Mygavolt
~Accepting Heisenberg the Abra from AOPSUser
~Accepting Nervous the Vigoroth from PSDuckie
~Accepting Gross Food the Trubbish from PSDuckie
~Accepting Evens the Pidgey from user 18

Last edited:
-Pokemon Y
-Hard difficulty
Thank you in advance!
Dreamox, take Camouflage the Burmy. Hold off evolving until below.

Camouflage is a Burmy who wants to be in the army, and it knows that wearing camo is a key part of the job. However, Camouflage isn't very good at disguises, and thinks that held items will make good disguises. The military didn't have the budget to pay for expensive weapons for Camouflage, so the disguise is going to be pretty flimsy. Always hold the held item with the weakest in-battle effect you own, positive or negative. If you can't find one, use the cheapest item without an effect you have.

For some reason, Camouflage doesn't learn Camouflage, and is outraged at this, so solo all Pokémon that use Camouflage. Yes, that includes Zygarde if you plan to do that.

Camouflage is also constantly changing its outfit to match its surroundings, and has to pick its targets for each zone. When caught, or whenever you change cloaks into Plant Cloak, solo the next Grass-type you see; solo a Ground-type when changing into Sandy Cloak, and the first Steel-type when in Trash Cloak. In addition, solo the first gym leader that your current Cloak has a type advantage over (if all goes well, this would be Grant for all three, but if you make a mistake during the solo and send out another mon or faint, you might have to do another gym leader, which sucks.) You may evolve after doing this.

If male, Camouflage has now gained powerful wings and has seen the true path to success - the air force! All of his previous restrictions are lifted. However, the Air Force only accepts Pokémon that can learn Fly, which Mothim is not one of. To make up for this, fill three of your moveslots with Flying-type moves ASAP. Hold an item that interacts with Flying-types or groundedness ASAP as well (Sharp Beak, Sky Plate, Air Balloon, Iron Ball, Coba Berry). In addition, the Gym Leader Valerie has wings, and probably knows the secret of flight, so solo her.

If female, Camouflage has finally joined the army and settled on a disguise. Because she has a permanent cloak now, remove the restrictions about items and cloaks (keep soloing mons that use Camouflage). Camouflage also feels a burning desire to show the world that her cloak is better at disguising her than any other method of disguise, so defeat the following Pokémon before the Elite Four, corresponding to what cloak you own.

Plant Cloak:
Five trainer-owned Grass types, five trainer-owned Bug-types, five trainer-owned Normal types.
Sandy Cloak:
Five trainer-owned Ground types, five trainer-owned Rock types, five trainer-owned Water-types.
Trash Cloak:
Five trainer-owned Electric types, five trainer-owned Fire types (yep), five trainer-owned Steel-types.

If you fail to do this before the Elite Four, sit out Camouflage and do not get a replacement.

Too hard? Too easy for some reason? Let me know.

-Pokemon Y
-Hard difficulty
Thank you in advance!
I'm not good at issuing hard challenges, but I'll try.

You get Sword the Honedge.

As a sword, it is bound by the following main restrictions:
  • It can only use cutting moves. This includes Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace, Slash, Night Slash, Sacred Sword, False Swipe, and Cut.
  • It cannot be used as healing fodder for another Pokémon's solo. You don't want to throw away your sword like that, do you?
  • Once sent in, it cannot be switched out manually. (If it's forced out by Roar or a similar move, however, there's no helping that.)
To evolve into Doublade, it must solo the entirety of the Coumarine City Gym. To evolve into Aegislash (if you opt to), it must have Sacred Sword.

Additionally, it is restricted on the number of healing items that can be used on it per battle. (It can be healed freely outside, however.) In traditional Zelda games, you can hold up to four bottles, which are used for healing purposes. In this challenge, these bottles are represented as Mega Stones, which are listed below:
  • Aerodactylite
  • Ampharosite
  • Gengarite
  • Abomasite
The number of these Mega Stones you have found is equal to the number of healing items you can use on Sword per battle. Therefore, before obtaining Aerodactylite, it cannot have healing items used on it in battle. (Note: Revives and Rare Candies are counted as healing items.)

Finally, it must solo Wikstrom for obvious reasons.

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF.

-Pokemon Y
-Hard difficulty
Thank you in advance!

Take Heisenberg the Abra.

Named after a famous scientist, your Abra truly takes after his principle. It is extremely uncertain of everything, including its own power and the power of your team. As a result, it may never learn TMs, because it's not sure it's strong enough to handle their power. It may also never hold an item, or have any item used on it, because again, it's not sure whether it can handle the power.

Evolve into Kadabra ASAP. As Kadabra, it may only have one attacking move at any time, and said attacking move must be lower than 80 BAP. This move, however, may be a TM if you choose. As Kadabra is uncertain about its ability to defeat Grant, Korrina, or Ramos, it simply sits these battles out altogether.

The one thing Heisenberg is certain of is its intellectual capacity. It will never impulsively lead any battle, but rather will sit on the sidelines analyzing his opponents, ensuring that he can be certain (or not?) he is not marching into impending doom. This restriction lasts until Lumiose Gym, which you will solo. The entire thing. Also, you may not change your singular attacking move in middle of your gym challenge. After defeating Clemont, Heisenberg begins to be more certain in its own abilities.

It now becomes a Schrodinger situation. Rename your Kadabra Schrodinger, and decide whether or not to evolve it. You may choose to keep Kadabra unevolved, in which case all of the above situations still apply and it will revert to its old self (with its old name), which it will remain until Diantha, whose team it must solo 2/3 of. You may also evolve it into Alakazam. As an Alakazam, Schrodinger has a very resolute mind, and wishes to test it to its capacity. If your singular attacking move was a TM, you must now replace it with a level-up move lower than 70 BAP. Additionally, have it learn and keep Calm Mind ASAP. Solo Olympia and one E4 member.

Dreamox trade in Nervous the Vigoroth. (You can trade him in as a Slakoth if you want; if you do, evolve him to Vigoroth ASAP.)

• Learn and keep Frustration. This can be Nervous' only attacking move.
  • Solo Lysandre in Lysandre Labs to evolve to Slaking.
  • Once a Slaking, forget Frustration. The restriction to one attacking move is gone, but Nervous can no longer use Physical attacks. Special attacks and Status moves are fair game.
  • Solo both Lysandre fights in the Team Flare Secret HQ.
  • Solo Malva.
If this is too easy or too hard, let me know and I'll change it.

Hey guys I want a challenge for Omega Ruby, I want to start with a Treeko and please make it brutal. I want 8 scramblemons for this scramble (random number above 6). Make it so I can wonder trade one of my scramblemons

Accepting:

2Bad2BTru the Nincada
Not a shiny the Grimer
Geico the Aron
Superior the Treeko
The Wondertraded Pokemon by PSDuckie

Last edited:
MrMoo, take Superior the Treeko as your starter. Superior may only ever use in battle the first four moves it learns, as forgetting a move in favour of another would mean that it had been using an inferior move. It must solo every fire and steel type that you encounter, because it wants to prove that it is superior to the fire type despite type disadvantages, and to prove that it is better than even the strong physical walls of the steel type. It may never attack a wild pokemon, because Superior feels that wild pokemon are beneath it (this overrides the need to solo fire and steel types).

To showcase its true talent, Superior wants to solo the entire Lavaridge gym immediately upon entering the gym doors for the first time. This includes soloing Flannery. You may not leave the gym until Flannery has been defeated. If this solo is completed successfully on your first attempt, you may evolve once.

Superior also wants to solo the entire Team Magma hideout near Lilycove. Again, if this solo is completed successfully on your first attempt, without backtracking, you may evolve once.

Note that if you are forced to backtrack, or Superior your first attempt at one of these solos, you must reset to an earlier save point and try again. However, by failing the first time, you lose that opportunity for evolution.

Regardless of whether you successfully complete these solos or not, Superior must solo Champion Steven.

Is that too brutal?

MrMoo, take Superior the Treeko as your starter. Superior may only ever use in battle the first four moves it learns, as forgetting a move in favour of another would mean that it had been using an inferior move. It must solo every fire and steel type that you encounter, because it wants to prove that it is superior to the fire type despite type disadvantages, and to prove that it is better than even the strong physical walls of the steel type. It may never attack a wild pokemon, because Superior feels that wild pokemon are beneath it (this overrides the need to solo fire and steel types).

To showcase its true talent, Superior wants to solo the entire Lavaridge gym immediately upon entering the gym doors for the first time. This includes soloing Flannery. You may not leave the gym until Flannery has been defeated. If this solo is completed successfully on your first attempt, you may evolve once.

Superior also wants to solo the entire Team Magma hideout near Lilycove. Again, if this solo is completed successfully on your first attempt, without backtracking, you may evolve once.

Note that if you are forced to backtrack, or Superior your first attempt at one of these solos, you must reset to an earlier save point and try again. However, by failing the first time, you lose that opportunity for evolution.

Regardless of whether you successfully complete these solos or not, Superior must solo Champion Steven.

Is that too brutal?
It's kind of.... Thanks anyway.

Hey guys I want a challenge for Omega Ruby, I want to start with a Treeko and please make it brutal. I want 8 scramblemons for this scramble (random number above 6). Make it so I can wonder trade one of my scramblemons
Ehehehehehe.... brutal you ask?

Take 2Bad2BTru the Nincada.

-Become Shedinja ASAP, may not attack as Nincada
-Release Ninjask, keep Shedinja
-Throughout your adventure, solo 30 trainers and 2 gym leaders not named Norman
-Solo Mega Groudon
-Solo 1 Elite 4 member

If this is too hard, I will gladly change it.

MrMoo take any mon, then immediately Wonder Trade it. What you get is what you use for this challenge.

This mon has been rejected from someone's team because he isn't high enough level to solo a Gym - but not the Gym that his trainer was at. No, he was rejected for not being able to solo the Gym two gyms after where his trainer was.

• This mon may never be high enough level to be disobedient. If he ever reaches that level, he must immediately be Wonder Traded and the restrictions apply to the new mon received.
  • To show up his previous trainer, this mon must solo one gym while at least five levels lower than the Gym Leader's lowest level mon. He is now "Ahead of the Curve" and may evolve into his second stage, if he has one. To evolve again, he has to become "Cutting Edge" - solo a gym while at least fifteen levels lower than the Gym Leader's lowest level mon. (This second solo is optional, but if you don't do it, your mon is stuck at his second stage.)
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.

Kittttten take Land the Tailow and Sea the Wingull.

These two birds are best friends, and believe themselves to be kings of the land and sea. They must always enter a Double Battle together, as they are best friends, and if one faints, the other will switch out.

Land is convinced that he is the prince of the earth, and is determined to prove it to the Ground-types who rule it. Solo fifteen trainer-owned Ground-types to evolve. Sea knows that he is the ruler of the waters, and has to prove it to the Water-types who swim there. Solo fifteen trainer-owned Water-types to evolve. In addition, the two decide to team up to beat the Mossdeep gym! Solo the entire gym using those two, and they must be the two mons to defeat Tate and Liza

An important rule: if one of this duo fails a solo, the other mon must come in and make it up for them! Finally, have them each solo one Elite Four member of your choosing.

Ehehehehehe.... brutal you ask?

Take 2Bad2BTru the Nincada.

-Become Shedinja ASAP, may not attack as Nincada
-Release Ninjask, keep Shedinja
-Throughout your adventure, solo 30 trainers and 2 gym leaders not named Norman
-Solo Mega Groudon
-Solo 1 Elite 4 member

If this is too hard, I will gladly change it.
MrMoo take any mon, then immediately Wonder Trade it. What you get is what you use for this challenge.

This mon has been rejected from someone's team because he isn't high enough level to solo a Gym - but not the Gym that his trainer was at. No, he was rejected for not being able to solo the Gym two gyms after where his trainer was.

• This mon may never be high enough level to be disobedient. If he ever reaches that level, he must immediately be Wonder Traded and the restrictions apply to the new mon received.
  • To show up his previous trainer, this mon must solo one gym while at least five levels lower than the Gym Leader's lowest level mon. He is now "Ahead of the Curve" and may evolve into his second stage, if he has one. To evolve again, he has to become "Cutting Edge" - solo a gym while at least fifteen levels lower than the Gym Leader's lowest level mon. (This second solo is optional, but if you don't do it, your mon is stuck at his second stage.)
Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it.
Thanks guys! Also can I use an Aron on this run please.

Last edited:
-Pokemon Y
-Hard difficulty
Thank you in advance!
edit: need a HM slave, any restrictions except move pool.

~Accepting Sword the Honedge from Mygavolt
~Accepting Heisenberg the Abra from AOPSUser
~Accepting Nervous the Vigoroth from PSDuckie
Hey guys just need one more to get started!

Last edited:
Hey guys just wondering if a couple of you could give me one more each so I've got a team of 6. Thanks heaps for contributing so far.
Take "Le poké" the smeargle. He wants to master the art of Pokémon moves, so make him use sketch at the start of every battle if he can, and if he wants to learn sketch, get rid of a random move with a random number generator. He has to solo the whole of Shalour City gym and has to solo Diantha's Mega Gardeviour. Oh yes, he's only allowed to fight hordes or trainers. I'll happily change it if it's too hard. If you want to teach him a TM/HM, you can using sketch in a double/triple battle Dreamox.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)