Uxie QC [0/3]

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
  • Amazing bulk and a decent defensive typing alongside a decent speed tier
  • It has access to many support moves, such as Trick Room, Heal Bell, and Memento
  • It does not have access to a recovery move, so it is farily easy to wear down
  • It's taunt bait: in fact taunt prevents him from using its support moves and force it to switch out manually or with U-Turn depending on the set
[SET]
name: Defensive Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
move 4: U-turn / Dazzling Gleam
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========
  • Stealth Rock provides a form of a utility move to wear down the opposing team
  • Thunder Wave can cripple switchins like Houndoom or Drapion
  • Psyshock is used as a STAB to deal some damage to the opponent
  • Heal Bell helps heal Uxie's teammates by removing status from them
  • U-Turn is a way to get momentum
  • Dazzling Gleam prevents to be Scrafty and Spiritomb fodder
  • Knock Off can be used to not lose againist SubCM Meloetta

Set Details
========
  • 64 EVs in speed in order to outspeed Adamant Tyrantrum
  • Maximum Physically Defense investment with a Bold nature to maximize Uxie's bulk by as much as possible
  • Leftovers provide passive recovery, allowing Uxie to have a decent longevity during the match
  • Levitate is the only ability Uxie has access to, giving him a ground resistences
  • Colbur Berry can be used to take less damage from dark moves

Usage Tips
========
  • Use it to switch on fighting type mons so it can force them out
  • Set up Stealth Rock as soon as possible, in order to punish switches with some residual damage
  • Be aware from Knock Off as it can remove Leftovers, your only way to have a recovery

Team Options
========
  • Fighting type mons can take care of dark type mons that give Uxie troubles
  • WishPasser such as Aromatisse and Alomomola can pass wishes to Uxie giving him more longevity
  • Volturn cores with Flygon, Jolteon, Rotom-Mow are appreciated in order to gain momentum and get advantage from the Stealth Rock Uxie has set up

[SET]
name: Suicide Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock / Trick Room
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Reflect
move 4: Memento
item: Light Clay
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENT]
Moves
========
  • Screens can help its teammates giving them a chance to setup with ease
  • Stealth rock are useful to deal damage to the opposite team
  • Memento lowers opponent's attack stat and gives a free switch, it also blocks defoggers from using defog when you are using it
  • Trick Room can be an option for slower teams

Set Details
========
  • EVs in speed alongside a timid nature to be as fast as possible
  • EVs in HP are meant to take hits while setupping Screens and Hazards
  • Light Clay increases screens duration

Usage Tips
========
  • Use it as a lead in order to get rocks and screens up from the beginning of the match
  • Switch away from Magic Bounce/Taunt user because they can easily stop you from setupping

Team Options
========
  • Frail set-up sweeper and glass cannons appreciate screens and rocks support so they will have a better time sweeping the opposite team
  • Pokemon with a good matchup againist defoggers and taunt user

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]

Other Options
============
  • A cm set with Signal Beam, Psyshock and Giga Drain can be used but it's completely outclassed by Meloetta

Checks and Counters
=================

**Steel types**: Steel types such as M-Steelix can switch easily on Uxie because they take nothing from Uxie's attack and can force him out

**Dark types**: Dark types can easily switch into Uxie because they're immune to his STAB, although some of them are crippled by T-Wave

**Taunt**: Taunt can easily stop Uxie from supporting the team

Last edited:

-kal-

hi guys
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ik this is WIP and im not QC but Physically defensive should be the main spread imo as Uxie would really much rather beat Hitmonlee, Medicham, and Virizion one-on-one while even with a Specially defensive spread it still loses to Meloetta and Venomoth. I also think Thunder Wave should be slashed alongside with Heal Bell and the utility provided by Stealth rock is really too good to pass up.

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i changed the spread and slashed twave alongside heal bell, but i'd prefer to keep twave slashed with stealth rock, so if you have another rock setter you can run both heal bell and twave

Not QC, but I want to give out a few suggestions of my own:
  • Weather Setter probably deserves a set, as Uxie is one of the premier weather setters in the tier, alongside Liepard.
  • I'd suggest at least dumping 44 EVs on speed, in order to at least outspeed max speed Scrafty.
  • Trick Room should just probably be mentioned in OO, as it wouldn't really match the EV and nature on the set.
  • Grammar in general needs some fixing.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not QC, but:

- Uxie definitely should be aiming to outspeed jolly scrafty. You lose minimal bulk and switching out with u-turn against scrafty for a favorable matchup is too good to pass up.

- Not a fan of the mention that calm mind sets are completely outclassed given uxie ability in levitate and way superior physical defensive stat let it set up against mons meloetta simply cant like flygon choice locked into EQ and superpower emboar, considering the meloetta mention in this. Not suggesting a set given I dont believe it really deserves a set on its own given there are better calm mind users most of the time but that mention is just wrong and not specific enough. Should mention mons like sigilyph, delphox and meloetta are better for the calm mind role. The set on the OO should be sub calm mind imo.

-kal-

hi guys
is a Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Defensive Utility
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Thunder Wave / Heal Bell
move 4: U-turn / Dazzling Gleam
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe

The set should look something like this. Speed puts it over Adamant Tyrantrum and below while Gleam is there to prevent being Scrafty and Tomb fodder. Mention Knock Off in moves to not lose to Sub+CM Meloetta and Colbur in set details.

Don't really have too much experience with dual screens but i'll probably give a full check when you've changed the set.

ayte

mention the spikes-immune is decently effective in keeping its longevity up, and jus give some implication on what results from lack of longevity, specifically that is (in tandem w/opportunity cost of using more defensive cohesive sr 'mons, general sponges, etc.) ill-suited for more heavily defensive teams, in spite of its largely supportive nature. i'm not too huge on calling it taunt bait, rather than just exceedingly passive, since the taunt pool in the tier isn't anything super expansive, but things that capitalize on clunky defensive 'mons totally is.

honestly, never saw heal bell as a stand-out 'good' option for uxie (the team's it is good on are too fast for such a defensively-applied tech to hold weight on a consistent game-to-game basis, and if it isn't, situations are rare that you wouldn't rather a more lasting defensive 'mon [aromatisse, audino, etc.] to be filling such a significant defensive role), but if the remainder of qc sees something in it that i don't, then w.e. not sure what the significant boons of psyshock > psychic are, beyond maybe keeping venomoth a smidgeon more honest, i guess? like, really, not sure what this does, if someone could point out some relevant implications of this, then i would very much appreciate this. otherwise, i'd rather the ability to sustain significant chip on tyrantrum, maybe edge out a w vs.growth under certain conditions.

notwithstanding, yawn in the third moveslot should be given a huge mention in moves, being a solid momentum generator for offense, and a spdef spread is perfectly feasible as well. buff out team options as well; i guess i'm ok w/wishpass being mentioned, despite not loving the type of build that insinuates, but volt-turn seems like the most broad and not-applicable thing. uxie isn't coming in on stuff that switch into rotom-c, flygon, or jolteon well, nor do these pokemon do the same for uxie, making it rather inefficient as a momentum engine. stuff like emboar / qwilfish make reasonable passes on the bugs and darks that might try to sneak in on uxie's sr or what have you (something made a bit more applicable b.c durant and other such more heavy beaters are tentative to pop in on a twave) and actually fit the archetype these are generally played in, a lot of the usual nukes (tyrantrum, exploud, houndoom) can much more efficiently play off that momentum, etc. apologies if i come off as negative, jus v.much a non-fan of those generic "volt-turn b.c it's volt-turn" type comments, since it advocates lax building.

not sure if trick room is worth slashing here, given it just sorta spreads the 'mon too thin; with tr, you can rarely afford to be trying to build your sand castle on a 'mon, you just want your strong dudes nuking what they can while they have their 'speed', and given screens are meant almost exclusively for facilitating boosters, it does not mesh well w/me. plus, that means outsourcing sr to some other 'mon and thereby restricting your net gain from screens to 4 team slots max, which is lame when screens squads are havin trouble covering all their bases offensively as is while still adhering to that basic 'motive' set up here. i'd much rather it be stuck to sr, w/perhaps a quick mention of u-turn > memento in moves (not great, b.c you don't want your dudes taking that extra chip, but it can make it less clunky v.fatter balances / stall).

scarf support set @ trick / sr / u-turn / psychic is worth oo, as is a more tr-inclined support (sr / tr / [u-turn / memento] / psychic @ mental herb / colbur / lum)

i'll stamp soon. or someone else, idk

A cool Uxie set I'm currently running, figured I should try out its massive bulk.

Uxie
Item: Chesto Berry
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
-Toxic
-Amnesia
-Rest
-Extrasensory

This has phenomenal stalling capabilities, even after one Amnesia boost. Rest enables it to heal itself completely while also getting rid of status, and coupled with a Chesto Berry, lets it wake up immediately on the first use. Extrasensory is there solely for STAB and also so it's not complete Taunt bait. Toxic also lets it deal residual damage easily. The one problem this set has is that it is completely blocked by Steel types due to their resistance to Psychic and immunity to Toxic, but this is a great stalling set.

Why not run zen headbutt instead of psyshock? It has the same base power and hits physical, and uxie has equal offenses. Running zen headbutt gives you a chance to flinch and slightly powers up u-turn since you don't run a -att nature. Obviously you run psyshock with dazzling gleam but u-turn is listed first.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To outspeed adamant hitmonlee the ev spread would go like 252 hp / 64 def / 192 speed impish. It also outspeeds smeargle, u-turn out and break the sash. Yes, I agree this should be the spread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)