Smogon Grand Slam IV - Introduction | Read post #76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
helo i bring impotent massage from russia
when haxed u, pls no flame for rude
instead spam % u lost by with this for you be less mad
ty for listen sorry for bad england

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On Lord Outrage:

In the second round of the Ubers Open, steelphoenix faced fleggumfl. Lord Outrage approached both parts, offering his help and luring them to play the teams of his choice. This allowed him to eliminate steelphoenix in one of the worst demonstration of sportsmanship I have seen here.

This is unacceptable and disgusting. Lord Outrage is banned from Smogon's Tournaments until March 3rd. He is not allowed to play in this season of the Ubers Open anymore.

(tagging Sweep and Gunner Rohan for ubers open, Gunner Rohan gets the win)

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On Lord Outrage:

In the second round of the Ubers Open, steelphoenix faced fleggumfl. Lord Outrage approached both parts, offering his help and luring them to play the teams of his choice. This allowed him to eliminate steelphoenix in one of the worst demonstration of sportsmanship I have seen here.

This is unacceptable and disgusting. Lord Outrage is banned from Smogon's Tournaments until March 3rd. He is not allowed to play in this season of the Ubers Open anymore.

(tagging Sweep and Gunner Rohan for ubers open, Gunner Rohan gets the win)
Out of curiosity, what happened to Fleggumfl's post in the Ubers Open thread clarifying the circumstances? From what I remember it wasn't nearly anything delete-worthy, and it states that Outrage actually gave Fleggumfl the game 3 team some time before the series began. In fact, all of the posts from the thread (Ubers Open Round IV, I believe) that were defending Outrage appear to have been deleted.

From Steel's quote:
Some of you probably remember my R2 loss to fleggumfl. We played three games; I had a matchup he couldn't win game 2, and he had a matchup I couldn't win games 1 and 3. Outrage was spectating the series and we talked in between games. I'd been surprisingly cool with him for months; we talked rather regularly and I considered him a friend. When the series was tied 1-1 I asked him for advice on what team I should bring to the last game; I told him I was gonna use my Kangaskhan/Landorus-T/Skarmory/Primal Groudon/Arceus-Water/Gothitelle team. I gave him the sets after he said he didn't remember it that well (I had used it vs him in seasonal semis), and he okayed it.

I learned later that he told my opponent what team I was gonna bring game 3 and gave him a team I couldn't beat.
So it appears that game 3 was the only game that was seemingly rigged, but unless Outrage told Fleggumfl between games 2 and 3 to use the team he had been given a while before the series began (which is obviously plausible, but there doesn't seem to be immediate proof of that, not in Steel's conversation w/ Fleggumfl nor any resulting posts) then there doesn't appear to be any tampering w/ the series; just seems to be normal tournament preparation.

Not taking sides of course; trying to look from an objective view.

p2

Banned deucer.
yeah oglemi deleted posts in defense of outrage for some reason

not like i was one of the ones directly involved with this and deserved a say or anything

edit: i feel this came off the wrong way, i only feel that its odd all posts but steels were deleted

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tokyo Tom, according to Lord Outrage in a PS! conversation with me, fleggumfl did ask before game 3 "what to bring". Lord Outrage did lure them both to play what would lead to steelphoenix' elimination. Giving the team a couple of days earlier is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)