2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another draw for Klopp, three in a row now. But he said it wasn't because the team, but the mental of their players that caused the draw. Personally I agree of his statement, because they kinda loss their mentality to win the match, because of that they didn't defend well and cost the game.

In the other hand, Kane scored a hat-trick against Bournemouth in the 5-1 win. He scores 20 goals in 2015, which is the highest on BPL.

Another draw for Klopp, three in a row now. But he said it wasn't because the team, but the mental of their players that caused the draw. Personally I agree of his statement, because they kinda loss their mentality to win the match, because of that they didn't defend well and cost the game.

In the other hand, Kane scored a hat-trick against Bournemouth in the 5-1 win. He scores 20 goals in 2015, which is the highest on BPL.
Wouldn't read too much into it, tbh. Having to play a fourth-rate attacker and his attackers being off-form places a lot of pressure on the defense. Problem is, the confidence level is really low since Liverpool haven't won a game in a while so they were afraid that they're going to concede (which of course leads to mistakes). The personnel in there is also at fault but he needs to protect his players. The players also have their flaws; Sakho rarely wins aerial challenges, Skertl backs off too often and is prone to howlers and ball-watching, Clyne and Moreno both tend to switch-off at certain moments of the game.

Once the attackers click and start scoring, there will be less pressure on the defense. Plus, the defense and midfield needs upgrading in January. Good as Klopp is, the squad isn't exactly top-drawer. More like Tottenham and Southampton level than say, Arsenal's and Man City's level.

The one thing I can't figure out is why does Wayne Rooney start every game? That guy has been a liability for quite some time now.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
If only you triple captained him lol. Unlucky I captained Alexis, tbh my FPL is shit this gameweek. I only got 48pts tho.
Wasted it early on :pirate: Still, glad I stuck with him, I already missed out on Aguero when he scored five :pirate:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I honestly dont think Leicester and Crystal Palace will even be able to put up a fight for the 4th placer, they have has good runs until now and are definitely mid-table teams, but they have showed many flaws and I'm sure their results are going to get worse sooner than later. West Ham looks a bit more solid but still, I think Tottenham are a couple steps above all these teams, and are the main candidates for 4th place.

Liverpool would be second in the running if I had to bet btw

Benteke injured again. Liverpool facing an injury nightmare. Having Origi as your only fit striker means you won't score goals.
Unless Klopp plays Firmino as a second striker but I don't see it. Bad timing.

EDIT: Just saw the League Cup results. Bye bye Jose.

Arsenal got whipped 3-0 by Sheffield Wednesday too.

Benteke injured again. Liverpool facing an injury nightmare. Having Origi as your only fit striker means you won't score goals.

arsenal never take the league cup seriously this early in so i am not too worried about the result

We never take the league cup serious because maybe Wenger doesn't want to make his players too tired because of the matches they should play.

HBK

Thanks to my job, mid night fixtures are a luxury I can no longer afford, but I wasn't surprised by the result. Nor was I disappointed, it's gotten to the point where I can't help but laugh about it.

Thanks to my job, mid night fixtures are a luxury I can no longer afford, but I wasn't surprised by the result. Nor was I disappointed, it's gotten to the point where I can't help but laugh about it.
seriously, what is going on in chelsea's locker room? Hazard goes missing in games, an offense consisting of a dirty but top striker, one of the best wingers, a decent brazilian winger, a brazilian center mid, and a world cup winning center mid, and your goals come from set pieces what they throw the defense forward. Jose is losing his mind but he doesnt let us see past the exterior so there has to be something happening in the dressing room. The doctor got dismissed early in the season as well so no idea how far back this goes but January can't come fast enough for either Jose or Chelsea

United lost on penalty against Middlesbrough, Rooney, Carrick and Young failed to score the penalty.

Finally Klopp won a match against Bournemouth, hopefully we can see Liverpool fighting again for the top 4.

United lost on penalty against Middlesbrough, Rooney, Carrick and Young failed to score the penalty.

Finally Klopp won a match against Bournemouth, hopefully we can see Liverpool fighting again for the top 4.
And English players' poor track record of scoring penalties continues.

While as a Liverpool fan, I am relieved that Liverpool won, the side that Liverpool beat at Anfield was a second-string side (although Liverpool also play a weakened eleven). What this game made clear was the fact that Lovren is still **** even against this type of opposition. Firmino showed flashes of quality but his first big test will be this weekend. Hopefully the Chelsea trouble allows Liverpool to finally get something from Stamford Bridge.

And English players' poor track record of scoring penalties continues.

While as a Liverpool fan, I am relieved that Liverpool won, the side that Liverpool beat at Anfield was a second-string side (although Liverpool also play a weakened eleven). What this game made clear was the fact that Lovren is still **** even against this type of opposition. Firmino showed flashes of quality but his first big test will be this weekend. Hopefully the Chelsea trouble allows Liverpool to finally get something from Stamford Bridge.
I believe Liverpool can force a win, seeing Chelsea lately maybe they also don't have the mentality to win again and just throw it away again. Begovic is awful at the moment and their defenders also make some errors which lead to goal. So hopefully Liverpool can take the advantage of it.

FIFA Presidential candidates:

Prince Ali bin al-Hussein
Musa Bility
Jerome Champagne
Gianni Infantino
Michel Platini
Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa
Tokyo Sexwale

Based on the name alone, it's like choosing the head of a mafia. One particular candidate has an unfortunate name, though.

Predictions:
Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
Palace 0-2 United
City 4-0 Norwich
Newcastle 2-2 Stoke
Swansea 0-1 Arsenal
Watford 0-2 West Ham
West Brom 1-1 Leicester
Everton 3-1 Sunderland
Southampton 2-0 Bournemouth
Spurs 2-1 Villa

HBK

That was a great game lol had quite a laugh. I will admit to the slightest sliver of hopefulness when Ramires scored but that quickly dissipated in light of what followed. As a fan, I do not hold José responsible for our terrible form this season, because the members of the board are the real culprits, they limited his spending, Benteke to Liverpool being a prime example of this, and it is that failiure to reinforce the squad that ruined our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)