Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I've seen in the todo list that we could fix mega tyranitar's spikes, here is my work:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Modifications:
I tried to make the spikes looking sharper. Made slight modifications on the back sprite concerning the spikes on the left side and also on the tail.
I based my work on these gif.

The tail should have a "center piece" or middle spike. Although the spike always looked rather flat to me. I'm not an expert on godzilla though.

Oh right... Mega Pidgeot exist. One of the few things I should actually get working on. I promise I'll get started on something soon, I've just been busy with personal stuff.

more shiny swaps and stuff

View attachment 51798

Turned aXl's Chesnaught QC into a shiny swap.

View attachment 51799
View attachment 51800

Some colour reduction on Froakie and Frogadier.

View attachment 51801
View attachment 51802

QC for Scatterbug and Spewpa.

View attachment 51803
View attachment 51804

Edits to Wobble's QC for Skiddo and Gogoat. I'm happy with how the former looks but not so much with the latter.

View attachment 51805
View attachment 51806

Colour reduction on N-Kin's Pancham. Changed one of Pangoro's outline colours.

View attachment 51866

Did some work on Furfrou's fur. EDIT: Layell helped with the shiny

View attachment 51808

New Inkay based on the one from the Serebii sprite project by noobiess. Like it/hate it? The old one had less accurate proportions, so I felt that a change was needed.

View attachment 51809

Minor things on Malamar.

At this time, there are only about twelve Kalos sprites that aren't finalized (finalized meaning it looks fine and swaps correctly to the shiny). Waiting on aXl to finish the back sprites for Greninja and Pyroar once he gets computer access back and has free time. I might need some help with Meowstic and Gourgeist. Noivern isn't shiny compatible and might need some major editing. Not sure if we should bother with Volcanion now since it hasn't been released yet. I'll probably end up doing the rest by myself.

Last edited:
I did see your post, apologies for not responding earlier. I prefer the current look of the eyes because they seem rounder and more expressive. The difference is small enough that it's largely subjective.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Hey look Splash actually made Kalos sprites/QC for once. Yeah ikr? I had loads of free time, so I took the five hours I had to quickly make these.
MegaPidgeot.png
MeowsticF.png
MeowsticM.png

Pidgeot included color changes, new head feather, longer anime hair in the face, and longer wing feathers. it obviously needs more work, like I said before I may or may not get to it later.
Meowstic F includes, changes to the hair, smaller "spike", the frills on the legs have changed shape and moved, changings of the eyes, tail became more rounder and floofier, rounder hands, Color changes, mouth and nose more separated.
Meowstic M, not much I could actually change to this, tail shape changes, ear shape changes, round paws and change of leg frills, changed and eye. Color changes, collar became foofier but not a lot. This was honestly the hardest and I feel like I poorly did this one.
If I decide to make more changes I'll probably edit this log but this is the most I can do at the moment.
I am very tired.

Edit: Oh right back sprites exist, I'll be working on those soon enough dont worry.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would advice practicing your spriting to a point where you can be good enough, it just takes time (and heck we have new games coming soon)

Now I do know some people want to help get certain shinies of unfinished mons on PS, I personally am busy and don't care, so here is the deal. I'll let one or two people make shinies for the unfinished sprites, but you have to make it as a zip folder in the format of this sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pxtaklpnd23uzq/bwsprites_sample.zip?dl=0

The shinies have to be well done, and PM'd to me in that format, and with the complete understanding that they will likely be replaced with the finished sprites in the future. If I see any bad shiny swaps though I won't upload anything.

Whoever likes this post has first dibs to do this.

happy belated Halloween!

View attachment 52187

Here's a wip Noivern QC using aXl's original sprites from page 63 or thereabouts. Although I've worked on Noivern before, I decided to start anew since I felt that the set on PS! is "over-edited" as a result of having gone through too many changes and doesn't look as great. Some more editing might be in order because of how garish the body colours look on the shiny. Thoughts?

also here's a redo of something I made for Halloween 2013 (that you won't get unless you've played XD: Gale of Darkness)

happy belated Halloween!

View attachment 52187

Here's a wip Noivern QC using aXl's original sprites from page 63 or thereabouts. Although I've worked on Noivern before, I decided to start anew since I felt that the set on PS! is "over-edited" as a result of having gone through too many changes and doesn't look as great. Some more editing might be in order because of how garish the body colours look on the shiny. Thoughts?

also here's a redo of something I made for Halloween 2013 (that you won't get unless you've played XD: Gale of Darkness)
Very nice job on the Noivern sprites. I don't really see any notable flaws so far, great job on the sprite.

Also, IS THAT MIROR FLORGES?

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Got bored so I edited this meowstic sprite.

Changes...
-Made the fluff on its head slightly smaller
-Placed the scarf closer to her mouth
-Changed her eyes completely (this took a while to get an optimal shape and shading)

based off of trainersplash's edit of the original sprite

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form

Got bored so I edited this meowstic sprite.

Changes...
-Made the fluff on its head slightly smaller
-Placed the scarf closer to her mouth
-Changed her eyes completely (this took a while to get an optimal shape and shading)

based off of trainersplash's edit of the original sprite
Assuming the edits were based directly off mine, the thing about meowstic's eyes is that it looks angry, while She should have have a "I dont give a shit" look on her. In other words, too much at an angle from my perspective. Loving the scarf and hair edits, however it feels that you moved the mouth and nose too close to eachother looking odd (also you forgot to fix the ear when you changed the ear).

I'll try to mess around with it some more later, I wasnt completely stasified with it when I originally finished

Also why havent any of you made gourgiest edits for halloween?!

Greninja

Finished Greninja's backsprite after literally months of procrastination, but its here. Also have a few edits for the Front, notably color scheme and a few minor head/arm edits. If anyone has any comments or critiques for him, feel free to shoot them my way. +)

also I threw this together in 20 minutes (got bored after finishing a quiz), fixed some transparent spots left over from the resize, cleaned up the skirt pixels, thinned the arms, played with the face a bit more based on Twerkerella 's edit, and did some miscellaneous ear/shading edits as well.
Meowstic F Touch Ups.png

EDIT: TS pointed out to me that the triangle on Gren's back is a darker blue than the head-webbing and the X's. Fixed.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Random slightly different foot colour, and all those stray blacks X_X

Anyways we've approved a lot of the Kalos mons, so we're close to being done all non-megas very soon now. As for Female kitty cat there I know there are some things pom and I worked on, she should probably get those up soon (nudge nudge).

View attachment 52549

Exterminated more strays on the back of Greninja and edited some minor things

These I made several months ago but didn't upload because I'm not very happy with them. The male back sprite doesn't exist yet so feel free to work on that if you'd like

EDIT:

View attachment 52558

Made the blush a different colour from the regular pink on Hoopa-C

View attachment 52636

Hoopa-U's eyes are red and its pink should be darker

EDIT2:

View attachment 52610

Diancie shiny swap

EDIT3:

View attachment 52638

improved Yveltal shiny

View attachment 52637

Pumpkaboo edits (from a long time ago but never posted)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
So we're getting ready for the final strech of the Kalos dex (which is all non-megas, and only released): The only ones not done are gourgeist, meowstic (both genders), pyroar (mostly female, a few male touch-ups), tyrantrum, and aurorus are the last few we want to finalize.

If anyone want to assist on finishing look to those mons, pom and I will touch up anything else easily enough. Once those are done we will release the (current) Kalos Dex Sprites as a pack (and ideally NEVER TOUCH THEM AGAIN).

Last edited:

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't really like the Diggersby sprite.

Happy to be of service.
I'd like some feedback on this change which got completely ignored last time I posted it.
I hate to say this, but I'm really not a fan of the new Greninja sprite. Looking at just about all availible references, it's pose has it crouching a lot lower.

I really think that the sprite should better match the lower stance, for literally no reason other than that the current pose just looks incredibly awkward. I don't really know how to describe it, but I guess it's kind of because its limbs connect with the ground at such a sharp angle, it just looks a lot less fluid and stable. It doesn't look like a ninja that's ready to jump up and pounce, instead it's just awkwardly hunched over its right arm. Also, the more upright Greninja's pose is, the less reason it has to be resting one hand on the ground for a third balance point. The pose just doesn't really seem to make any sense.
I still have problems with Greninja's current sprite which are pretty much the exact same problems that I had the last time I brought it up, the difference being that this time I'm willing to actually try and fix it myself, so I'll probably be working on that now.

I'd like some feedback on this change which got completely ignored last time I posted it.

I still have problems with Greninja's current sprite which are pretty much the exact same problems that I had the last time I brought it up, the difference being that this time I'm willing to actually try and fix it myself, so I'll probably be working on that now.
I guess my main issue with Greninja's base pose is that its so low to the ground that it just looks flat. I wanted to have something that better filled the frame so I went with this variation of the pose as a result. If you want to continue editing it/make your own sprite then that's fine by me, but I personally thought the alternative would look just as weird when compared to other sprites, so at least now my logic's out there.

Either way I'll be in my corner bashing Aurorus's sprite until it looks good.

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Was gonna post this when I got the backsprite done, but ehh:

Despite the arms supposed to being bendy, I thought this was a better way to make them. Makes for a cleaner sprite, versus the dangle ones before.

Planning to touch it up a bit more and do the backsprite. If no one obliges, I'll also do the other sizes as well.

Legitimate Username

mad tales of a bloodthirsty corviknight
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<== Previous
<== Now
The changes that I made were a lot more minor than I thought they'd be, I like this a lot better now. The pose isn't really lowered at all so aXl's concerns about this shouldn't be an issue. Also, this version doesn't include any of TrainerSplash's changes posted right before this, but none of them overlap, so merging them shouldn't be a problem.

THINGS THAT I STILL WANT TO CHANGE:
Frontsprite's right hand's fingers
Backsprite's right leg

I will probably get to those when I have more time.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
I get why you want the arm twist, but I feel that presentation to the player is the most important aspect of the front sprites, and right now it looks like greninja only lifts weights with one hand. That and the silhouette on the twisted arm is really affected, the bubble elbow looks more deformed. As for Diggersby I recall thinking the difference in ear height was a bit much, I didn't feel it was warranted.

Since we are very close to being done I'm going to try and be very tough on the last edits we make. Because for the Kalos mons, once they are done we plan on never touching them again. Too much tinkering can sometimes be a bad thing for an artistic process so that is why finishing up the released kalos dex is the current priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)