Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question regarding the rules - is using PKHeX to unset the event flags for legendaries (allowing more than one of the same legend to be SR'd in one save file) allowed on this forum?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick question regarding the rules - is using PKHeX to unset the event flags for legendaries (allowing more than one of the same legend to be SR'd in one save file) allowed on this forum?
If you're asking if we'll know you used PKHeX to get another legendary, we wouldn't know without you telling us. If you're planning on opening a trade thread and offering such a Pokemon, well...this sounds very familiar to using a rebattle code via AR. Previously, this was an allowed action as long as the person offering such a Pokemon made other users aware of it. In other words, as long as you make sure to inform, you should be ok.

Be aware that this may change in the future.

/me pet Esmeya

it's been a while since i've been here.

i used to rng reasonably hard for events and shinies.

just wondering, with new mechanics, is it inappropriate to ask for help generating specific mons to assist in the capture of legit legends.

... for example, genning speed-check 9or other iv) mons?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

just wondering, with new mechanics, is it inappropriate to ask for help generating specific mons to assist in the capture of legit legends.

Yes, that is inappropriate. If you ask for NON-GENNED ones, I believe there are people who give away specifically bred/RNG'd capture Pokemon.

Edit: thought this was a different thread, point still stands though.

Buckert's guide over in Orange Islands can help you find out what gen 6 legendary Pokemon are available in what games and the benchmarks for certain Pokemon (usually a Staraptor with Final Gambit and a Smeargle that's Sketched Spore, Taunt, and Agility/Rock Polish) to check the HP and Speed stats. You can't RNG in this generation, but legendary Pokemon DO get 3 flawless IV's every time you battle them and Synchronize still works to guarantee the desired nature 50% of the time. Buckert has also given away some of these very Pokemon that are useful to soft-reset these legendary Pokemon, though with the new mechanic of Destiny Knot, it's pretty easy to just breed the needed Pokemon yourself if you've the parents. (you'll likely need help with the Sableye if you want to SR Rayquaza to have it be taught Pain Split and get an Air Balloon)

Also, getting shiny Pokemon this generation is ridiculously easy, even competitive ones. (legendary Pokemon aside for the latter to some degree)

I assume you mean too high, since it's Quiet natured. However I've seen a plethora of neutral natured Trick Room sets going around, so a middling speed doesn't seem all that bad in comparison.
Yeah i meant too high. And while that's true that's because (or atleast i'm assuming that) it's hoopa, a relativly new pokemon and there aren't many flawless TR spreads yet. People just use what they have.

And with that speed while 80 is low, it's not too low either so in hoopa's case you really want as low speed possible. In order to not get out-slowed by mons it's supposed to threaten

Yeah i meant too high. And while that's true that's because (or atleast i'm assuming that) it's hoopa, a relativly new pokemon and there aren't many flawless TR spreads yet. People just use what they have.

And with that speed while 80 is low, it's not too low either so in hoopa's case you really want as low speed possible. In order to not get out-slowed by mons it's supposed to threaten
I'll take your point. I suppose there's no use settling for anything other than flawless at this point, if I want anything of true value. Cheers.

Hoping this is the right place to ask, if not my apologies, but wondering how i would go about obtaining a bold follow me squirtle? Cheers!

Trying to make a team around Dragonite. I already know mega charizards Y is gonna be be on the time but I need a good steel type which I'm torn between exadrill for rapid spin and stealth rocks, or Magnezone for its ability to trap steals. Conisering My Dnite will be running EQ and since I have megazard Y, would Magnezone even be necessary? Natures/evs/items and movesets would also be nice. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Trying to make a team around Dragonite. I already know mega charizards Y is gonna be be on the time but I need a good steel type which I'm torn between exadrill for rapid spin and stealth rocks, or Magnezone for its ability to trap steals. Conisering My Dnite will be running EQ and since I have megazard Y, would Magnezone even be necessary? Natures/evs/items and movesets would also be nice. Any ideas?
It depends on what format you play. I assume OU. This section has its own Simple Questions thread. Try there.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/overused.281/

Odd request, but I'm looking for someone who'd be able to teach Selfdestruct (Pokémon XD tutor) to a Gen 3 Mewtwo. I can provide the GBA save file with Mewtwo in it, or trade in some other way.

Payment would be a copy of the Mewtwo and Redis Rights, but it's entirely negotiable. :)
New page!

Was wondering if I can get some opinions on the best HGSS ball for both normal and Shiny Koffing?

I was thinking Safari/Heavy/Moon between the two but do not know which one to give to which. Other ball suggestions are appreciated.

Was wondering if I can get some opinions on the best HGSS ball for both normal and Shiny Koffing?

I was thinking Safari/Heavy/Moon between the two but do not know which one to give to which. Other ball suggestions are appreciated.
Moon and Heavy are your best options I think. CMT for a spitback of both/either please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)