The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, show your true colors Atlanta.
are their colors "outrush the opponent, outpass the opponent, play better defense than the opponent, and then literally drop the ball until you lose"?

Falcons have played 4 awful games in a row and lucked their way into winning 2 of them, on account of playing even more terrible teams. -8 turnover margin over the last 4 games with 10 total, a lot of them being awful fumbles.

on a more hilarious note: last year the falcons went 1-9 outside the division and 5-1 inside the division. this year they're 6-0 outside the division and 0-2 inside, well on their way to perfectly flipping last year's record.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hope for a speedy recovery for Steve Smith Sr, as if our season could get any worse lmao. I can bet that he'll be back in black and purple next year, there is no way he wants his career to end on an injury

e: good Ravens win though :^)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Chargers gonna end the season at 2-14 after forfeiting the rest of their games unable to field a full roster of players.

ROFL, good blatant cheating Seahawks. 12 men on the field, Carroll tries to call two timeouts in a row and the refs stop the play. No penalty for trying to call a second timeout, no penalty for having too many players on the field. Just stopped the play, said "Seattle can't call another timeout !!", then stop the clock ANYWAY and the Cowboys have to settle for a fucking FG when the penalty would've been a first down.

more edit: Cowboys screwed again by getting a reactionary penalty off because Seahawks dood got injured on a clean play. At least this time it didn't matter because end of the half on their own side of the field anyway, but come the fuck on refs.

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Holy shit McCarthy is literally the single worst head coach in the league getting bailed out by A. Rodg.

"Hey man you know what'd be fun? Seeing my offense get hot and let Denver burn the rest of the half as I sit on two timeouts."

GOOD CHRIST.

Meanwhile holy shit GB is ass how are they 6-0? That's a corpse of an offense with a defense that appears to pay attention 50% of the time only.

Turns out the Packers have faced 6 teams at a combined 17-28

Last edited:
Meanwhile holy shit GB is ass how are they 6-0? That's a corpse of an offense with a defense that appears to pay attention 50% of the time only.

Turns out the Packers have faced 6 teams at a combined 17-28
going into this week the Broncos, Bengals, and Packers have had the three easiest schedules in the NFL (13-27, 14-27, 14-26 respectively).

vikings and cards are about the same, falcons and panthers aren't far behind. no surprise they have the best records in the NFC and AFC (the Pats were 18-22, 12th easiest but hardest of the 0-2 loss teams)

And possibly Forte.

Eli had a career day, the Giants scored 49 points, ODB has 19 TDs in 20 games and the Giants lost pathetically. The Cowboys are only a game and a half from first place. Jesus man, i haven't lost faith all season and i still haven't but this is depressing.

What did i say you fools? The Pack are a mediocre team and were exposed against the best team in the NFL, the Broncos. Expecting the Broncos O will struggle against your teams garbage defense is foolish, and your overrated offense will get blasted by the best defense i've seen since the 2013 hawks. I expected a bigger blowout, because lets be honest the Packers defense is terrible, but i'll take it. I predicted 42-17 but whatever nobody is right all the time.

For all the calls to bench Kaepernick out there I read on other sites, it's funny how people forget who the backup is they want starting...I mean if you want to tank and be as bad as possible in the top 5 draft pick race, by all means start Blaine Gabbert. That is literally making a bad situation worse; Gabbert's picture is probably right next to Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf if you look up "bust" in the dictionary. Though to be fair to him, why Jacksonville ever reached as high as they did for him when he was drafted, no one knows...

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I mean, the Kaep situation isn't much different from the Weeden deal in Dallas... other than Kaep is the starter. Point being that Kaep is getting dunked anyway so can it really get worse? I might not get better, but it can't get worse.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
this team is probably 6-1 with a healthy romo

fuck everything
The Ravens are probably +500 with all our receivers + half our oline + Suggs back. Shit happens in football. Unless you're the Bengals, who've been completely injury free all year. Fuck the Bengals.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
I mean, the Kaep situation isn't much different from the Weeden deal in Dallas... other than Kaep is the starter. Point being that Kaep is getting dunked anyway so can it really get worse? I might not get better, but it can't get worse.
semi-double posting since people already posted so I dun wanna edit

This is Colin Kaepernick not noticing a literally free 97-yard touchdown pass to Torrey Smith.

And possibly Forte.

Eli had a career day, the Giants scored 49 points, ODB has 19 TDs in 20 games and the Giants lost pathetically. The Cowboys are only a game and a half from first place. Jesus man, i haven't lost faith all season and i still haven't but this is depressing.

What did i say you fools? The Pack are a mediocre team and were exposed against the best team in the NFL, the Broncos. Expecting the Broncos O will struggle against your teams garbage defense is foolish, and your overrated offense will get blasted by the best defense i've seen since the 2013 hawks. I expected a bigger blowout, because lets be honest the Packers defense is terrible, but i'll take it. I predicted 42-17 but whatever nobody is right all the time.
Couple of things here:
1. The Giants did NOT lose terribly. Drew Brees and Eli Manning combined for 13 TDs passing(new record) It was 49-52. That's not losing badly.
2. The Packers have a better record than the Giants. 6-1 > 4-4. If the Pack are a mediocre team what does that say about the Giants?
3. The Broncos offense has struggled all season so expecting them to struggle is not foolish.
4. GB's offense > NYG's offense.
5. GB's defense is not THAT bad. They have a great pass rushing duo in Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and they have an up and coming safety named Ha Ha-Clinton Dix. Outside of him though, the secondary is ass. However, the secondary is only a part of the whole defensive unit and the defense as a whole is not terrible.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else feel like Rodgets just has zero confidence in his receivers to make contested catches? Dude had so many opportunities to just give his guys a chance to make a play and instead decided fuck it, throw it away. I know he is a super precision passer who doesn't throw passes if he doesn't get a good look but when you're down multiple possessions you need to start taking some risks.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guess this means this year's super bowl champs will either be the Patriots or Broncos, whoever wins the AFC championship game. All the other potential contenders have been destroyed by injuries.

inb4 people start pretending the Panthers and Bengals are legit contenders

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Maybe some hero was onto something when giving Denver's d the hype he did...holding Rodgers to 77 yards is incredible.
It was mentioned in the broadcast and I completely overlooked it in my lack of ever paying attention to the packers but they were already the 22nd ranked passing offense going in to that game. Rodgers isn't having a good year on any level and watching that game you could see the terrible OLine play combining with a genuine lack of both coaching and offensive scheme as well as lack of receiving talent to make up for both (which is normally how the Pack rumble and roll).

In context that game wasn't really surprising at all except on offense where Denver managed to pick apart a defense that relies on one linebacker to generate both pass rush and be great in some zone coverage against an offense from kubiak whose lifeblood has been baiting in linebackers with running game to attack the voided zone behind them on deep crosses (looking at you Andre Johnson). Really the run game success from the Broncos opened a lot of offensive doors and Manning was sitting in empty pockets most of the night allowing him to pick apart a poor Packers secondary.

But all that says is I really can't wait for the Patriots Broncos game. Because the patriots are rich with linebackers so that matchup is seemingly in favor of Kubiaks offense but the Patriots linebackers are great in coverage and they specialize in containing run threats and resisting play action. They also might choose to relax on zone concepts and simply play man coverage trailing the receivers on the crosses and having Harmon and McCourty free ranging in cover 2 over the top. The Patriots D is loaded with safeties and linebackers when the league focus is on dline and corners but they scheme it incredibly well and worth noting almost 50 percent of all Patriots points allowed this season have been given up after they reached 99% probability winning.

And obviously the headliner matchup for that game will be the Pats O vs the Denver D. Denver has consistently had a bad habit of using Von Miller in coverage on Gronkowski which weakens their pass rushing capabilities and the speed and agility of the Patriots receivers will test the corners (especially Talib). The other X Factor will be Dion Lewis who leads the league in missed tackles and is seeing less than 50% of the running back snaps. The Broncos will still have pass rush and will still be good in coverage but the question is how much can they generate and how much will it matter. The Jets had both two weeks ago and Brady crushed them just the same. Difference is Jets were relying on more zone concepts whereas Denver appears to play more man. But again the Patriots have interesting and unconventional but ultimately successful 1 on 1 player matchups in their personnel and scheme for those matchups rather well.

Either way that matchup will be far more rewarding than watching Aaron Rodgers feebly attempt to be a one man show against the Denver D.

Last edited:
Guess this means this year's super bowl champs will either be the Patriots or Broncos, whoever wins the AFC championship game. All the other potential contenders have been destroyed by injuries.

inb4 people start pretending the Panthers and Bengals are legit contenders
Are the Bengals and Panthers not contenders with having no losses this late in the season? I mean, if you asked me last season will the Bengals or the Panthers win the Super Bowl in 2015 I would've said hell no. However, both have far exceeded my expectations. I will say that both teams are Super Bowl contenders. Legit ones at that. However, their history goes against them. That being said, I think the Super Bowl this year will depend on who can win between the Patriots offense or the Broncos defense. The NFC's best is Green Bay and they were exposed in their game against Denver. The NFC in general is pretty weak this season compared to last season who had the Seahawks, Packers, and Cowboys as the clear best teams in the league in my opinion(Coming into the playoffs). But I would not at all be surprised if the Bengals snuck in there. Their offense is elite right now and they have beaten Seattle ,which regardless as to how good your offense is, is a test. I have doubts if only because of the 4 consecutive playoff one and dones by Dalton.
EDIT: Pretzels why are you so fucking mad at a team who has given you free wins on a yearly basis ,with only 2 exceptions that I can think of, for the past 15 years? Yes their injury report thing confuses me too but you need to stop hating a team that you fucking own and go back to hating the Jets ,who beat you in the playoffs with fucking Mark Sanchez.

EDIT: Pretzels why are you so fucking mad at a team who has given you free wins on a yearly basis ,with only 2 exceptions that I can think of, for the past 15 years? Yes their injury report thing confuses me too but you need to stop hating a team that you fucking own and go back to hating the Jets ,who beat you in the playoffs with fucking Mark Sanchez.
Why would I not be?

They costed my favorite team a 1st and 4th rounder for doing literally nothing.

Then cheat while they prattle on about integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)