Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

This round due to the high number of teams it took me a bit to figure out which was best, and I narrowed it down to Team 4 this time due to how well everything on that team is fairly high functioning under Rain, and works well without it.

Also because it wins against other weather teams a great portion of the time. Could use a few more tr checks however.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
@ above I won't actually let anyone change sets midvoting so I don't see how that's gonna roll lol.

On another note, PSA: I've set up a poll in the PS! Smogon Doubles room! I've asked there whether you guys want the submissions to be private or public. If you want your opinion to count, come to the Doubles room. Have some fun and chat with us too while you're at it :)!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Voting ended. The results were 68-35, in favor of Public voting. The new submission system will be public, effective next week!

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
Ideally. However, this still is a project in the DOU community, and thus the poll is set up in the DOU room for DOU community members to vote on.

On another note, more guys should vote on the teams smh.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
With a point lead in voting, Team 8 takes the week! The team is made by Yoda2798. Runner-up is team 4, made by xzern! Level 51 MEDALS

1 - n1n1
2 - Mishimono
3 - thinkin
4 - xzern
5 - Memoric
6 - Roxer
7 - It Is Guest
8 - Yoda2798
9 - thetalkingtree
10 - Checkmater75
11 - Silverwhiteblue
12 - Pastelle

On another note, there will be changes in this competition, starting this Week 20. First, we will be changing back to public submissions. What this means is that you no longer have to PM me your submissions, and instead will just post your teams in this thread. Second, we will abandon vote weighting because it sucks and you guys told me so yeah. Have fun!

This week, we'll have:

Mega Charizard Y + Amoong. Mega Charizard Y is a strong Pokemon in its own right in this metagame, being able to pump out Sun-boosted Fire-type attacks to deal significant damage. On the other hand, Amoonguss is a pretty good redirector, boasts recovery in Regenerator, and can take out foes with Spore, giving teammates some breathing room. These two aren't often seen together, since Venusaur is much more popular pick thanks to being blazing fast with Chlorophyll. Venusaur overlaps with Amoonguss hard, however; it'll be cool to see what you guys can come up with this week :^)

[21:39:12] qsns: make these niggas
[21:39:15] qsns: not build venu

Again, you don't have to PM me your submissions! You just have to post here now. Please follow this format, thanks!

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Last edited:
haha i was first B)

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect
Basically you have 3 modes of the team, setting up Gyarados, straight up attacking with Bisharp and Charizard, or Trick Room. I'll explain each one individually.

Setting up with Gyarados is actually pretty cool. Gyarados does quite a lot of damage when it's at +1, and any higher is really scary. Amoonguss+Gyarados is an annoying thing for people to have to face, but Thundurus would give it lots of trouble. However, unless it's Goggles Thundurus, you're able to set up a DD and kill it if it's offensive, or make it fear the Ice Fang if it's bulky, as well as absorb the incoming Thunder Wave with your Lum Berry. I also ran Lum over Safety Goggles just for this situation. Bisharp also works out later when they are attempting to lower the monstrous attack stat that Gyarados has reached by making them fear the +1 Bisharp. This is almost never used if they have an Amoonguss, as everything just gets redirected toward it for resisted or neutral damage.

Just attacking with Mega Charizard Y and Bisharp is sort of self explanatory. You use this mainly when there are things such as Amoonguss or Jirachi lurking on the team, waiting to just ruin everything you want to do with the team.

The Trick Room portion served as a way to crush Landorus-T and spread free Spores through the team so that when Trick Room ends, Charizard can come right back out and Heat Wave to victory, so long as everything goes well. I ran Ice Beam on both Tyranitar and Cresselia to increase my options when I'm facing Landorus-T+threat.

What this Sun team has that lots of others lack: A reliable switch-in to Sun boosted Heat Waves in Tyranitar, a way to get rid of the Sun boosts on a Heatran in Tyranitar, more than two ways to discourage opposing Landorus-T and Tyranitar in Bisharp, Gyarados, and sort of Amoonguss (it can just Spore them to sleep with few worries, none if under Trick Room), a bulkier side of the team in Amoonguss+Tyranitar+Cresselia, and multiple Trick Room checks in my own Trick Room, Crunch on Tyranitar (for things like Reuniclus or Cresselia), Spore on Amoonguss, and of course Sucker Punch/Knock Off on Bisharp.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 134 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore

Here is a very successful team of mine. I had a different grass but ammoongus will actually be better to help cress set up tr, redirect a taunt. and it redirects moves against chary/heatran
So it is not to difficult to use, hitmontop has fake out to help cress get up tr and wide guard to deal with rock slides and EQ which obviously destroy charY and Heatran
Heatran is stupid strong, specs eruption in the sun; it OHKO basically every thing
when the sun is down people will try water moves which is one of the reasons for gastrodon, additionally he can take out other heatrans.
overheat on charY because specs locks me into eurption so I dont want wide guard to stop a charY heatwave, also its much stronger, I want to kill everything before tr is up

tl;dr
Very strong Heatran. Hitmontop, Cress, and Gastro is its friends

Last edited:
THE MOST BETTER AND C:pimp::pimp:L SUN TEAM

ay lmoa

Sagittarius (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Capricorn (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Virgo (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Aries (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Libra (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Taurus (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Ok I actually built this team around Char-Y - Lando-T spread spam, not around Char-Y - Amoonguss but I'll submit it anyway.
I wanted a spread spam core, I was going to use Heatran but then I realized I had never built a sun team before so I said fuck it and built around Char-Y + Lando-T. The core immediatly looked weak to bulky waters so I added Amoonguss and Thundurus as a defensive support core, they together beat Trick Room, bulky waters, provide redirection, sleep and speed control, all things that Char-Y loves. Then I added Aegislash to help beat Kyurem, this WP set works great because it also donks Kang after Sucker Punch, not only that but Aegis provides Wide Guard which is very valuable in sun. For the last mon I wanted a fighting type to beat Kangaskhan, Tran and Kube reliably, whilst also supporting Charizard-Y. I'm running Terrakion because it makes me a little beat less weak to Tflame and Amoonguss is already not really offensive, so having some extra firepower in the back works.

edit: everyone was naming their team so

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Mega Y/Amoong: Required Core, went with rocky helmet on amoong bc fuck kang

Assault Vest Conkeldurr: Amoong and zard don't deal with tran well, added ice punch and iron fist to deal with landorus therian.

Rotom-Wash: We're really talon weak so i added washtom, will o wisp support bc fuck kang

Landorus-t: Fast rock slide is really good, rock/ground is good coverage in general, very good on a sun team, intimidate bc fuck kang, another talon check, etc

Hydrei: okay so this team just like loses to latios/other hydrei so i added scarf hydreigon to bop those, double scarf bc fuck you, flash cannon to hit diancie and fairies

Kind of a bad matchup with trick room and fairies, but fuck those and fuck kang

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
S A U N A

EVs: 112 HP / 144 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Head Smash

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sky Drop
- Protect

Charizard Fullroom is super good and the first team I ever made.
Here's a quick procon comparison to mega camerupt which is the closest comparison imo
+no effective water weak
+Moonlight recovery x 1.5
+More Damage
+Grass coverage
+Weather
+Ground immunity
-Rock/Electric weaks
-Speed Tier
-Ground coverage (primarily important for heatran)
-Weather

The team I originally made practically clicked x vs Amoonguss Subtran, so I tried to make this team have a better matchup.

Reuniclus was the first option, since it absolutely fucks that combo very well. Here I was worried about matchup with Talonflame and general offense, so I put on Scrafty as Fake Out support. Diancie helps the Talonflame matchup considerably. I was concerned with aegis matchup even though I had Charizard so I just put fireblast on it. I wanted a good water resist since I had two weaks and 4 neutrals, in general Keldeo + Bisharp looked very scary, and Amoonguss (with rocky helmet especially) looked really good for that combination.

Here I'm very afraid of Talon Sharp or Talon Aegis (and I'll catch all the bullshit in the world if I don't have 4 talon checks on a team) so I added Thundurus which I felt was a good check to talon while also having volt absorb which is nice against opposing Thundurus. It also gave me another ground immunity.

Biggest thing on the threatlist is probably Aegislash, the only thing I have that can fight it really is Charizard or hoping it's not goggles maybe, or playing mindgames with scrafty but ehh that's kinda sketchy and loose.

Last edited:

BLUE SUN - by KyleCole and kamikaze17
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

This is Blue Sun. It was made by myself and kamikaze17 and you know that it's a good team because we have a bunch of points on the power rankings. Combined we have more than you. A lot more. It is called Blue Sun because 4 of the Pokemon are Blue and it is a Sun team.

We started with Charizard Y I think (Blue Sun was made awhile ago) with Tyrantrum because being a rock type and a dragon type Tyrantrum covered threats like Thundurus, Talonflame, and other dragons that threatened Charizard, while of course Charizard pretty much beat everything else. A set with Lum Berry and Dragon Dance gives Tyrantrum the opportunity to beat faster Dragons and Thundurus who refuse to switch out on a rock type and think (correctly most often) that Thunder Wave is always the proper play.

Speaking of Thunder Wave, we have Thundurus. Thundurus is good for beating things that the rest of the team cannot as long as they aren't electric type, ground type, or have the ability limber. Oh wait it has Swagger to beat those as well. The Thunder Wave support is especially appreciated by Charizard of course, but adding more insurance against Talonflame, bulky waters sans sun, and opposing Thundurus was nice. Of course it also has great synergy with Lando T. You know what Landorus T does: Intimidate support, fast offense, U-turn.

Amoonguss>Venu because we needed a supportive backbone for the team that Venusaur just wouldn't fill. Amoonguss is also better for supporting Tyrantrum set up. It is also slow enough to not have us always instantly lose against Trick Room (swagger helps here as well).

Swampert was added next for Wide Guard support, then swapped for Tailwind Suicune (also blue), then swapped BACK to Swampert with Icy Wind as well for a great support option, it checks pretty much every Pokemon that threatens Charizard and beats Thundurus, Landorus, and Heatran which are especially threatening to any sun team.

Q: Why is your Charizard so fast? I thought bulky zard was best zard?
A: with Icy Wind on Pert, we need at least enough speed to outspeed adamant Landorus-T (281 if Choice Scarf + hit by an Icy Wind) and while you do have the EVs to invest in bulk with a tiny amount to put into SAtk after, it was only like 16 or something and we do have Intimidate to cover Kangaskhan hits.

Q: No Dragon STAB on Tyrantrum?
A: Nope! Dragon type is far more useful defensively, and since we have Head Smash to hit Kyurem already we went with Earthquake & Head Smash to offer better overall coverage. You won't need a Dragon Claw to beat Latios or Hydreigon if you have a +1 Head Smash.

Q: Just how many tournament points DO you and Kamikaze have :O?
A: So many dude

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Two can play at this game KyleCole kamikaze17

BLUE SUN TWO

(baby sprites so Memoric doesn't get mad @ me)
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpA / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
Just to be clear I did not mean to rip off Kyle and Kami this hard, but it just so happened we both had blue sun teams with similar mons, and I couldn't resist. Hopefully there's no hard feelings. Anyways, on to the team.

Started with the obvious Char + Amoong core since it was required ofc, and then thought "Hm, this core has trouble with Diancie, Landorus, and Thundurus. What checks all of those things? SWAMPERT." Swamp is actually a really cool mon and a balls-to-the-walls counter to all the threats previously mentioned. It also has a great Heatran match-up, one of sun's greatest enemies, so it made its way on the team. So the team had a sexy F / W / G core and was lookin' p good, but I still didn't feel great about my Diancie match-up, as well as my match up against other Fairies. Plus I didn't have priority, so in comes Bisharp. He has really good synergy with the core I already had, and serves great mid-game. It also made Landorus-T even less of a threat. Now, the next slot I'm still debating about. I really wanted Taunt cause even though my Trick Room match-up wasn't terrible since I had Amoong and slow af Swamp and Bisharp, I still wanted a way to stopit from getting up. That and the team didn't have a solid answer for bulky Water-types like Azu and Suicune, so in comes bulky Thundurus. I went with bulky over offesive simply because the team could use some more utility and speed control. I might switch this to something like Sableye or Cress and make this semiroom since I do have so many slower mons, but idk. Lastly, I didn't have any Fighting- or Rock-type coverage, and went with the cool pick of Rock Slide Conkeldurr. Conk is the resident Kang answer as well as sorta Talonflame lure with Rock Slide. Rock Slide is actually p fun since most people are expecting Wide Guard or Ice Punch. It also has priority, which is C A $ H.

And that's the team! Hope u enjoyed.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
ORANGE SUN

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect
Starting off with the required Mega Charizard Y and Amoonguss, I used standard bulky Zard, with Rocky Helmet Amoonguss chipping down physical attackers such as Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T into Heat Wave range, while also being able to redirect and Spore them. Amoonguss plays a more defensive and supportive role than Venusaur, so I decided to try to build a bulkier sun team around the duo.

Standard Scarfed Landorus-T, which used to be 212 Speed EVs to aim for the slower U-turn being especially good for bringing in Charizard safely, however Blaziken is a massive threat to this team, so Jolly nature is used to outspeed it even at +1 and OHKO with Earthquake, usually catching them off guard. Intimidate allows Lando to weaken opposing Landorus-T and Mega Kangaskhan, while also being a great check to extremely threatening so far Talonflame. Lando Zard also has great offensive synergy, and Landorus-T can reliably KO Kang with Superpower (obviously, there's a good reason why Landorus appears on 90%+ of all sun teams lol).

Zapdos provides bulky speed control and another Talonflame check. Heat Wave since Amoonguss gives Kyurem-B free subs all day and in the sun Heat Wave can stop that. That also works well with Safety Goggles, which is used since we have Helmet Amoon already and Roost for recovery, making Zapdos an excellent Amoonguss switch in. Tailwind supports Charizard extremely well (again as you would expect lol).

Looking for a Steel-type to add, the decision to choose Aegislash was easy for me as Heatran made us too Kyube weak imo, and Aegislash helps the team against Mega Diancie - something I'm personally always wary of when I make a sun team. I went for enough Speed EVs for base 111s under Tailwind as this is the most relevant and useful benchmark. Wide Guard helps against opposing Landorus-T, particularly when they Rock Slide, as it deals good damage to Charizard and Zapdos, and can provide critical flinches on a Spore or Tailwind.

Hydreigon rounds out the team and provides vital resists to Fire- and Water- moves, with the luxury of Dark- and Ghost-type resists as well. Hydreigon greatly helps against opposing sun matchups and can do big damage to Trick Room teams. Standard set with Earth Power to kill Heatran as quickly as possible, and to also hit Mega Diancie, when under Tailwind.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
wow i'm actually entering this thing! pls vote (´・ω・`)

[Help!] team denko! wew (´・ω・`)

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 76 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 12 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
So since we're obviously given Amoonguss with the clear intent for us to avoid Venusaur, I took the other route and went for a SunRoom team. Charizard is generally a really solid Pokemon for Trick Room, since it deals very well with Public Enemy #1 Amoonguss. Since I didn't want to go completely Full TR, I chose to make a more speedy build for Charizard to have an offensive option out of Trick Room (and since most mushrooms will be getting roasted outside of TR anyway). The EV spread is pretty much just the standard Charizard with 8 EVs shifted for SAtk to Spe to outrun things trying to speed creep Breloom. How naughty of me >:3

Amoonguss is pretty standard LOL, I don't think there's much to say here. I think mushrooms are pretty nice and can be very tasty if prepared correctly, but Amoonguss isn't really. Not that I would know, since I've never tasted one. But I don't think it would be. Please correct me if you have substantial evidence that I'm wrong (about the latter point; I really don't want to hear about how you dislike mushrooms). This spread originally had a Relaxed nature, but I realised that surviving Megagross' Zen Headbutt wasn't quite so important since I'm running a SUN TRICK ROOM team with AEGISLASH and MAROWAK what was I thinking gosh. Amoonguss still plays a pretty vital role to the team though, redirecting nasty attacks from Charizard and Marowak and Conkeldurr and literally everyone else and also putting stuff to sleep, yee haw.

Right after I decided on SunRoom I also decided on Marowak. Marowak is str8 up c a $ h a pretty good fit for a SunRoom team. Marowak gets some degree of protection from Water-type moves thanks to Charizard's Drought, so it doesn't disappear as soon as a Scald or Hydro Pump comes its way. Perhaps more importantly, though, it grants an Electric pseudo-immunity to Charizard, which gets Thundurus and random dumb Thunder Waves off its back (but watch out for Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt!) while just whacking things super hard with its similarly hard Bonemerang. Rock Slide is there to nail Flying-types as well get off some #flinchstones under Trick Room, while Low Kick gives Marowak a more reliable (90% = 30%) option to pick off Kangaskhan and Heatran after some chip damage, as well as OHKOing most Hydreigon builds. I guess Rhyperior would have been a more conventional choice for this slot, but I chose Marowak because (a) I'm sick and tired of Drill Running into Aegislash King's Shields and having my Attack cut, (b) Bonemerang does so much damage it's not funny, and (c) I didn't want to get taken out by every single random Water- and Grass-moves cough Grass Knot Thundurus cough.

So while I like the option of nuking everything with Marowak, I decided that I needed another, bulkier Trick Room Attacker. Conkeldurr fills this slot, since I think STAB Fighting is just really good, plus Knock Off and Iron Fist Ice Punch asdhjaskhajfjdf *foams at mouth*. The EVs survives a Psyshock from a Life Orb Latios, and makes Timid Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave a 3HKO in the sun. As I write this I realise I just regurgitated the benchmarks that the standard set hits, since this is, of course, the standard set. But yeah, Conkeldurr was real good at nailing Landorus-T so that was pretty much enough to put it into my good books.

So uhhh I am four Pokemon into my SunRoom team without a single Trick Room setter. I decided to just be completely standard here and go for the less cute duck, Cresselia. I was originally thinking of using Porygon2, but while that is a cuter duck, I really like Helping Hand, especially next to Charizard / Marowak / Conkeldurr. Anyway, Cresselia exists on this team pretty much just to set up Trick Room and use Helping Hand or something, so what else is new, huh? The physical bulk EVs give Adamant Kangaskhan's Double-Edge just a 1.9% chance to 2HKO Cresselia with the Sitrus Berry (and assuming that Cresselia somehow manages to avoid getting crit. Read: People with Stratos-level luck, don't use this spread). Similarly, the special bulk EVs give Modest LO Hydreigon's Dark Pulse a 4.9% chance to 2HKO Cresselia under similar circumstances and stipulations. Adding the extra 12 EVs to Def only reduce the odds to 1.1%, while they don't help on the special side much either, so I dumped them into SpA to get a little more damage off.

Now I just needed something to put big damage into opposing Cresselia, as well as not die 100% of the time to Diancie. Aegislash is boring but if you put butter on it I bet you can spread it on Amoonguss to make Amoonguss taste better, mmm. Also, it brought Wide Guard which was really nice for everyone else, since Amoonguss didn't enjoy Heat Waves and Charizard literally every Pokemon on the team dislikes flinching under avalanches of ROCK SLIDES (or Diamond Storm but we know which one's more important, duh). So yeah, that's it, the team is pretty cool, give it a spin if you like.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
Votin'

Team 1

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 1 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Protect
Basically you have 3 modes of the team, setting up Gyarados, straight up attacking with Bisharp and Charizard, or Trick Room. I'll explain each one individually.

Setting up with Gyarados is actually pretty cool. Gyarados does quite a lot of damage when it's at +1, and any higher is really scary. Amoonguss+Gyarados is an annoying thing for people to have to face, but Thundurus would give it lots of trouble. However, unless it's Goggles Thundurus, you're able to set up a DD and kill it if it's offensive, or make it fear the Ice Fang if it's bulky, as well as absorb the incoming Thunder Wave with your Lum Berry. I also ran Lum over Safety Goggles just for this situation. Bisharp also works out later when they are attempting to lower the monstrous attack stat that Gyarados has reached by making them fear the +1 Bisharp. This is almost never used if they have an Amoonguss, as everything just gets redirected toward it for resisted or neutral damage.

Just attacking with Mega Charizard Y and Bisharp is sort of self explanatory. You use this mainly when there are things such as Amoonguss or Jirachi lurking on the team, waiting to just ruin everything you want to do with the team.

The Trick Room portion served as a way to crush Landorus-T and spread free Spores through the team so that when Trick Room ends, Charizard can come right back out and Heat Wave to victory, so long as everything goes well. I ran Ice Beam on both Tyranitar and Cresselia to increase my options when I'm facing Landorus-T+threat.

What this Sun team has that lots of others lack: A reliable switch-in to Sun boosted Heat Waves in Tyranitar, a way to get rid of the Sun boosts on a Heatran in Tyranitar, more than two ways to discourage opposing Landorus-T and Tyranitar in Bisharp, Gyarados, and sort of Amoonguss (it can just Spore them to sleep with few worries, none if under Trick Room), a bulkier side of the team in Amoonguss+Tyranitar+Cresselia, and multiple Trick Room checks in my own Trick Room, Crunch on Tyranitar (for things like Reuniclus or Cresselia), Spore on Amoonguss, and of course Sucker Punch/Knock Off on Bisharp.

Team 2

Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 122 Def / 134 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stockpile
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
Here is a very successful team of mine. I had a different grass but ammoongus will actually be better to help cress set up tr, redirect a taunt. and it redirects moves against chary/heatran
So it is not to difficult to use, hitmontop has fake out to help cress get up tr and wide guard to deal with rock slides and EQ which obviously destroy charY and Heatran
Heatran is stupid strong, specs eruption in the sun; it OHKO basically every thing
when the sun is down people will try water moves which is one of the reasons for gastrodon, additionally he can take out other heatrans.
overheat on charY because specs locks me into eurption so I dont want wide guard to stop a charY heatwave, also its much stronger, I want to kill everything before tr is up

Team 3

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect
Ok I actually built this team around Char-Y - Lando-T spread spam, not around Char-Y - Amoonguss but I'll submit it anyway.
I wanted a spread spam core, I was going to use Heatran but then I realized I had never built a sun team before so I said fuck it and built around Char-Y + Lando-T. The core immediatly looked weak to bulky waters so I added Amoonguss and Thundurus as a defensive support core, they together beat Trick Room, bulky waters, provide redirection, sleep and speed control, all things that Char-Y loves. Then I added Aegislash to help beat Kyurem, this WP set works great because it also donks Kang after Sucker Punch, not only that but Aegis provides Wide Guard which is very valuable in sun. For the last mon I wanted a fighting type to beat Kangaskhan, Tran and Kube reliably, whilst also supporting Charizard-Y. I'm running Terrakion because it makes me a little beat less weak to Tflame and Amoonguss is already not really offensive, so having some extra firepower in the back works.

Team 4

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
Mega Y/Amoong: Required Core, went with rocky helmet on amoong bc fuck kang

Assault Vest Conkeldurr: Amoong and zard don't deal with tran well, added ice punch and iron fist to deal with landorus therian.

Rotom-Wash: We're really talon weak so i added washtom, will o wisp support bc fuck kang

Landorus-t: Fast rock slide is really good, rock/ground is good coverage in general, very good on a sun team, intimidate bc fuck kang, another talon check, etc

Hydrei: okay so this team just like loses to latios/other hydrei so i added scarf hydreigon to bop those, double scarf bc fuck you, flash cannon to hit diancie and fairies

Kind of a bad matchup with trick room and fairies, but fuck those and fuck kang

Team 5

EVs: 112 HP / 144 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Head Smash

Thundurus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sky Drop
- Protect
Charizard Fullroom is super good and the first team I ever made.
Here's a quick procon comparison to mega camerupt which is the closest comparison imo
+no effective water weak
+Moonlight recovery x 1.5
+More Damage
+Grass coverage
+Weather
+Ground immunity
-Rock/Electric weaks
-Speed Tier
-Ground coverage (primarily important for heatran)
-Weather

The team I originally made practically clicked x vs Amoonguss Subtran, so I tried to make this team have a better matchup.

Reuniclus was the first option, since it absolutely fucks that combo very well. Here I was worried about matchup with Talonflame and general offense, so I put on Scrafty as Fake Out support. Diancie helps the Talonflame matchup considerably. I was concerned with aegis matchup even though I had Charizard so I just put fireblast on it. I wanted a good water resist since I had two weaks and 4 neutrals, in general Keldeo + Bisharp looked very scary, and Amoonguss (with rocky helmet especially) looked really good for that combination.

Here I'm very afraid of Talon Sharp or Talon Aegis (and I'll catch all the bullshit in the world if I don't have 4 talon checks on a team) so I added Thundurus which I felt was a good check to talon while also having volt absorb which is nice against opposing Thundurus. It also gave me another ground immunity.

Biggest thing on the threatlist is probably Aegislash, the only thing I have that can fight it really is Charizard or hoping it's not goggles maybe, or playing mindgames with scrafty but ehh that's kinda sketchy and loose.

Team 6

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
This is Blue Sun. It was made by myself and kamikaze17 and you know that it's a good team because we have a bunch of points on the power rankings. Combined we have more than you. A lot more. It is called Blue Sun because 4 of the Pokemon are Blue and it is a Sun team.

We started with Charizard Y I think (Blue Sun was made awhile ago) with Tyrantrum because being a rock type and a dragon type Tyrantrum covered threats like Thundurus, Talonflame, and other dragons that threatened Charizard, while of course Charizard pretty much beat everything else. A set with Lum Berry and Dragon Dance gives Tyrantrum the opportunity to beat faster Dragons and Thundurus who refuse to switch out on a rock type and think (correctly most often) that Thunder Wave is always the proper play.

Speaking of Thunder Wave, we have Thundurus. Thundurus is good for beating things that the rest of the team cannot as long as they aren't electric type, ground type, or have the ability limber. Oh wait it has Swagger to beat those as well. The Thunder Wave support is especially appreciated by Charizard of course, but adding more insurance against Talonflame, bulky waters sans sun, and opposing Thundurus was nice. Of course it also has great synergy with Lando T. You know what Landorus T does: Intimidate support, fast offense, U-turn.

Amoonguss>Venu because we needed a supportive backbone for the team that Venusaur just wouldn't fill. Amoonguss is also better for supporting Tyrantrum set up. It is also slow enough to not have us always instantly lose against Trick Room (swagger helps here as well).

Swampert was added next for Wide Guard support, then swapped for Tailwind Suicune (also blue), then swapped BACK to Swampert with Icy Wind as well for a great support option, it checks pretty much every Pokemon that threatens Charizard and beats Thundurus, Landorus, and Heatran which are especially threatening to any sun team.

Q: Why is your Charizard so fast? I thought bulky zard was best zard?
A: with Icy Wind on Pert, we need at least enough speed to outspeed adamant Landorus-T (281 if Choice Scarf + hit by an Icy Wind) and while you do have the EVs to invest in bulk with a tiny amount to put into SAtk after, it was only like 16 or something and we do have Intimidate to cover Kangaskhan hits.

Q: No Dragon STAB on Tyrantrum?
A: Nope! Dragon type is far more useful defensively, and since we have Head Smash to hit Kyurem already we went with Earthquake & Head Smash to offer better overall coverage. You won't need a Dragon Claw to beat Latios or Hydreigon if you have a +1 Head Smash.

Q: Just how many tournament points DO you and Kamikaze have :O?
A: So many dude

Team 7

EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpA / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 24 SpA / 76 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
Just to be clear I did not mean to rip off Kyle and Kami this hard, but it just so happened we both had blue sun teams with similar mons, and I couldn't resist. Hopefully there's no hard feelings. Anyways, on to the team.

Started with the obvious Char + Amoong core since it was required ofc, and then thought "Hm, this core has trouble with Diancie, Landorus, and Thundurus. What checks all of those things? SWAMPERT." Swamp is actually a really cool mon and a balls-to-the-walls counter to all the threats previously mentioned. It also has a great Heatran match-up, one of sun's greatest enemies, so it made its way on the team. So the team had a sexy F / W / G core and was lookin' p good, but I still didn't feel great about my Diancie match-up, as well as my match up against other Fairies. Plus I didn't have priority, so in comes Bisharp. He has really good synergy with the core I already had, and serves great mid-game. It also made Landorus-T even less of a threat. Now, the next slot I'm still debating about. I really wanted Taunt cause even though my Trick Room match-up wasn't terrible since I had Amoong and slow af Swamp and Bisharp, I still wanted a way to stopit from getting up. That and the team didn't have a solid answer for bulky Water-types like Azu and Suicune, so in comes bulky Thundurus. I went with bulky over offesive simply because the team could use some more utility and speed control. I might switch this to something like Sableye or Cress and make this semiroom since I do have so many slower mons, but idk. Lastly, I didn't have any Fighting- or Rock-type coverage, and went with the cool pick of Rock Slide Conkeldurr. Conk is the resident Kang answer as well as sorta Talonflame lure with Rock Slide. Rock Slide is actually p fun since most people are expecting Wide Guard or Ice Punch. It also has priority, which is C A $ H.

And that's the team! Hope u enjoyed.

Team 8

Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect
Starting off with the required Mega Charizard Y and Amoonguss, I used standard bulky Zard, with Rocky Helmet Amoonguss chipping down physical attackers such as Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T into Heat Wave range, while also being able to redirect and Spore them. Amoonguss plays a more defensive and supportive role than Venusaur, so I decided to try to build a bulkier sun team around the duo.

Standard Scarfed Landorus-T, which used to be 212 Speed EVs to aim for the slower U-turn being especially good for bringing in Charizard safely, however Blaziken is a massive threat to this team, so Jolly nature is used to outspeed it even at +1 and OHKO with Earthquake, usually catching them off guard. Intimidate allows Lando to weaken opposing Landorus-T and Mega Kangaskhan, while also being a great check to extremely threatening so far Talonflame. Lando Zard also has great offensive synergy, and Landorus-T can reliably KO Kang with Superpower (obviously, there's a good reason why Landorus appears on 90%+ of all sun teams lol).

Zapdos provides bulky speed control and another Talonflame check. Heat Wave since Amoonguss gives Kyurem-B free subs all day and in the sun Heat Wave can stop that. That also works well with Safety Goggles, which is used since we have Helmet Amoon already and Roost for recovery, making Zapdos an excellent Amoonguss switch in. Tailwind supports Charizard extremely well (again as you would expect lol).

Looking for a Steel-type to add, the decision to choose Aegislash was easy for me as Heatran made us too Kyube weak imo, and Aegislash helps the team against Mega Diancie - something I'm personally always wary of when I make a sun team. I went for enough Speed EVs for base 111s under Tailwind as this is the most relevant and useful benchmark. Wide Guard helps against opposing Landorus-T, particularly when they Rock Slide, as it deals good damage to Charizard and Zapdos, and can provide critical flinches on a Spore or Tailwind.

Hydreigon rounds out the team and provides vital resists to Fire- and Water- moves, with the luxury of Dark- and Ghost-type resists as well. Hydreigon greatly helps against opposing sun matchups and can do big damage to Trick Room teams. Standard set with Earth Power to kill Heatran as quickly as possible, and to also hit Mega Diancie, when under Tailwind.

Team 9

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 76 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 12 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
So since we're obviously given Amoonguss with the clear intent for us to avoid Venusaur, I took the other route and went for a SunRoom team. Charizard is generally a really solid Pokemon for Trick Room, since it deals very well with Public Enemy #1 Amoonguss. Since I didn't want to go completely Full TR, I chose to make a more speedy build for Charizard to have an offensive option out of Trick Room (and since most mushrooms will be getting roasted outside of TR anyway). The EV spread is pretty much just the standard Charizard with 8 EVs shifted for SAtk to Spe to outrun things trying to speed creep Breloom. How naughty of me >:3

Amoonguss is pretty standard LOL, I don't think there's much to say here. I think mushrooms are pretty nice and can be very tasty if prepared correctly, but Amoonguss isn't really. Not that I would know, since I've never tasted one. But I don't think it would be. Please correct me if you have substantial evidence that I'm wrong (about the latter point; I really don't want to hear about how you dislike mushrooms). This spread originally had a Relaxed nature, but I realised that surviving Megagross' Zen Headbutt wasn't quite so important since I'm running a SUN TRICK ROOM team with AEGISLASH and MAROWAK what was I thinking gosh. Amoonguss still plays a pretty vital role to the team though, redirecting nasty attacks from Charizard and Marowak and Conkeldurr and literally everyone else and also putting stuff to sleep, yee haw.

Right after I decided on SunRoom I also decided on Marowak. Marowak is str8 up c a $ h a pretty good fit for a SunRoom team. Marowak gets some degree of protection from Water-type moves thanks to Charizard's Drought, so it doesn't disappear as soon as a Scald or Hydro Pump comes its way. Perhaps more importantly, though, it grants an Electric pseudo-immunity to Charizard, which gets Thundurus and random dumb Thunder Waves off its back (but watch out for Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt!) while just whacking things super hard with its similarly hard Bonemerang. Rock Slide is there to nail Flying-types as well get off some #flinchstones under Trick Room, while Low Kick gives Marowak a more reliable (90% = 30%) option to pick off Kangaskhan and Heatran after some chip damage, as well as OHKOing most Hydreigon builds. I guess Rhyperior would have been a more conventional choice for this slot, but I chose Marowak because (a) I'm sick and tired of Drill Running into Aegislash King's Shields and having my Attack cut, (b) Bonemerang does so much damage it's not funny, and (c) I didn't want to get taken out by every single random Water- and Grass-moves cough Grass Knot Thundurus cough.

So while I like the option of nuking everything with Marowak, I decided that I needed another, bulkier Trick Room Attacker. Conkeldurr fills this slot, since I think STAB Fighting is just really good, plus Knock Off and Iron Fist Ice Punch asdhjaskhajfjdf *foams at mouth*. The EVs survives a Psyshock from a Life Orb Latios, and makes Timid Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave a 3HKO in the sun. As I write this I realise I just regurgitated the benchmarks that the standard set hits, since this is, of course, the standard set. But yeah, Conkeldurr was real good at nailing Landorus-T so that was pretty much enough to put it into my good books.

So uhhh I am four Pokemon into my SunRoom team without a single Trick Room setter. I decided to just be completely standard here and go for the less cute duck, Cresselia. I was originally thinking of using Porygon2, but while that is a cuter duck, I really like Helping Hand, especially next to Charizard / Marowak / Conkeldurr. Anyway, Cresselia exists on this team pretty much just to set up Trick Room and use Helping Hand or something, so what else is new, huh? The physical bulk EVs give Adamant Kangaskhan's Double-Edge just a 1.9% chance to 2HKO Cresselia with the Sitrus Berry (and assuming that Cresselia somehow manages to avoid getting crit. Read: People with Stratos-level luck, don't use this spread). Similarly, the special bulk EVs give Modest LO Hydreigon's Dark Pulse a 4.9% chance to 2HKO Cresselia under similar circumstances and stipulations. Adding the extra 12 EVs to Def only reduce the odds to 1.1%, while they don't help on the special side much either, so I dumped them into SpA to get a little more damage off.

Now I just needed something to put big damage into opposing Cresselia, as well as not die 100% of the time to Diancie. Aegislash is boring but if you put butter on it I bet you can spread it on Amoonguss to make Amoonguss taste better, mmm. Also, it brought Wide Guard which was really nice for everyone else, since Amoonguss didn't enjoy Heat Waves and Charizard literally every Pokemon on the team dislikes flinching under avalanches of ROCK SLIDES (or Diamond Storm but we know which one's more important, duh). So yeah, that's it, the team is pretty cool, give it a spin if you like.

To vote, please post the number of the team you are voting for!

Ending votes on Sunday GMT+1 Noon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)