Calling all artists! Facebook needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Yup! I'm not planning to make any more changes to it. However, I wouldn't mind making a few tweaks if you feel if some need to be made.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think Bummer had some comments about that ^
I did, and I've let him know about it. However, I also agree that I was very late to give it, hence why I volunteered to collab on the piece, where TS did the swampert and I did the mud:

TS can still edit his original pic to personally fix some of the stuff I mentioned, but if he doesn't have time, use the above pic and credit us both.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Terrakion is done B]
Menacing! I like it. There are three things that, if possible, I'd like to know if you can change for the better:

1) Texture. Similarly to what you did to your mega Blastoise, a rock Pokemon such as Terrakion with not that many defined Rock features apart from its horns and shoulder 'pads') could definitely use some gritty texture to make its surface less like skin and more like stone surfaces.
2) Its stance. Since it doesn't seem to have much momentum, I'm assuming it's standing still, so when you want to give out a roar like it's doing, a firm body stance can enhance that impression even further. But with both its fore legs standing so close together, and with its bulging muscles trying to fit within that cramped space, it doesn't make as much of an impression as it could be. I am aware that this means making a change all the way down in the lineart layers, but if you can, I'd say this image would gain a lot from having its front feet spaced from each other.
3) Tone down the highlights on its muscles a bit, to avoid it looking oiled up. :V

That said, this is a great picture, and I'm happy you could step up and draw for that PotW!

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
Menacing! I like it. There are three things that, if possible, I'd like to know if you can change for the better:

1) Texture. Similarly to what you did to your mega Blastoise, a rock Pokemon such as Terrakion with not that many defined Rock features apart from its horns and shoulder 'pads') could definitely use some gritty texture to make its surface less like skin and more like stone surfaces.
2) Its stance. Since it doesn't seem to have much momentum, I'm assuming it's standing still, so when you want to give out a roar like it's doing, a firm body stance can enhance that impression even further. But with both its fore legs standing so close together, and with its bulging muscles trying to fit within that cramped space, it doesn't make as much of an impression as it could be. I am aware that this means making a change all the way down in the lineart layers, but if you can, I'd say this image would gain a lot from having its front feet spaced from each other.
3) Tone down the highlights on its muscles a bit, to avoid it looking oiled up. :V

That said, this is a great picture, and I'm happy you could step up and draw for that PotW!
Yessss. idk about others but it feels like Christmas morning when I log in and see bummer's commenting on my piece. Anyway:
1. I legit thought of adding textures for its skin: it was a dilemma, but I abandoned the idea due to me liking that shiny skin lmao
2. In my mind, I saw it dashing or is prepared to charge viciously. God damn I wanted it to charge, but I couldn't find a good reference for a dynamic quadrupedal movement/stance and my ability couldn't seem to allow it to dash as I wanted it to be. So he's stuck right there; Semi-walking. I'll tweak its legs around to see how it goes; its definitely putting my ways of doing animal shape on a test.
3. But oils make things a lot sexier ya know xP

Just what I need to improve. Thanks a lot Bummer !! I wasn't aware of this thread until very recently; I definitely need to explore more of this forum lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)