Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

If you're going to use Pinsir, I'd recommend some hazard removal. Right now, you need to count on it only coming in once to sweep late game, but sometimes some early revenge killing is appreciated before you begin the sweep. I'd honestly recommend replacing Blissey entirely -- Fur Coat isn't very good on dedicated walls and any Steel type can freely set up due to Hyper Voice + Toxic doing nothing to it. You're also weak to enemy E-speed.
Modest would work over Timid on that Porygon set considering you're using Agility. Air Slash should probably be dropped from Roost/Hidden Power [???] if inheriting from Swellow -- Fire/Flying is repetitive coverage and un-STAB Air Slash won't really cut it. Shadow Sneak is usually preferred on Marowak over Ice Punch because Fake Out + Shadow Sneak KOs most sashed leads trying to set up hazards. I also rarely see Pinsir actually use Ice Punch, but I don't use it myself so maybe someone can say why its on the standard set.
I really wanted to use Blissey with Fur Coat, but I had actually looked at the lack of hazard removal and recovery. The second reason is why I used Blissey over Chansey; i needed Lefties, but I could see it was not enough. That Doublade set is actually perfect for my team, as it gives me a mini-Giratina (sort of) to work with. Thank you for that!

The Porygon suggestions will be used, but I like Ice Punch on Marowak because I do not use it as a lead, and it KOs annoying Flying types like Staraptor easily. Marowak is a great revenge kiler/wallbreaker, and the coverage helps.

Ice Punch is used on Pinsir simply for coverage. It beats the Flying types and Ground types that annoy Pinsir. There is no other move besides EQ that would go there anyway.

Last edited:
Terrakion is S Rank. It's fast, very powerful, and due to its STABs great coverage (only resisted by Doublade and Aegislash) you can do what you want with the final slots. It can also run a boatload of different sets. Observe:

Swords Dance + Adaptability
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Extreme Speed / Agility / Substitute

Inherits from Mega Lucario. Simple Wallbreaker / late game sweeper. Close Combat and Stone Edge for STAB, Swords Dance gives you insane power, Extreme Speed can be used for priority although it is weak without STAB. Agility can be used to clean against offensive teams, Substitute can be used as a barrier.

Swords Dance + Quick Feet
Terrakion @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Crunch / Facade

Inherits from Ursaring. Swords Dance means you hit extremely hard, Close Combat and Stone Edge are the STAB moves. Crunch 2HKOes Flash Fire Doublade at +2; Facade is a more reliable alternative to Stone Edge. Toxic Orb triggers Quick Feet, giving you a psuedo Choice Scarf at the expense of some HP per turn.

Moxie Scarf
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Knock Off
Megahorn / Earthquake

Inherits from Heracross. Again, Stone Edge and Close Combat get STAB. Knock Off removes items and hits Doublade hard. Megahorn can be used to 2HKO Cresselia; Earthquake gets a more reliable hit on Doublade.

Guts + Status Orb
Terrakion @ Toxic Orb / Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Knock Off / Swords Dance

Again inherits from Heracross. Guts bypasses Unaware, meaning you can comfortably 2HKO Unaware Suicune with Close Combat after Stealth Rock, and 2HKO Unaware Cresselia and Mega Slowbro with Megahorn. Stone Edge is the alternate STAB. Knock Off hits Doublade and removes items; Swords Dance can be used for massive power.

Suicide Lead
Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Close Combat
Knock Off

Inherits from Pinsir. Stealth Rock gets important chip damage. Stone Edge and Close Combat get STAB. Knock Off hits Doublade and removes items. Mold Breaker means you don't have to worry about Magic Bounce users reflecting back your rocks.

Life Orb + Skill Link
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
Rock Blast
Close Combat
Bullet Seed
Knock Off / Swords Dance / Pin Missile

Inherits from Mega Heracross. While I don't like this set personally, it is an effective one. Rock Blast gets STAB and thanks to Skill Link hits for 125 BP. Close Combat is again the Fighting STAB. Bullet Seed 2HKOes 252/252 Bold Suicune unconditionally and has a 99% chance to 2HKO 252/252 Bold Mega Slowbro after Stealth Rock. Knock Off removes items and hits Doublade hard; Swords Dance gives you incredible power; Pin Missile can be used to hit Cresselia.

Life Orb + No Guard
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
Stone Edge
Dynamic Punch / Close Combat
Knock Off
Toxic

Inherits from Machamp. Another set I don't personally like, but it can still be used well. No Guard means you can freely spam Stone Edge and use Dynamic Punch without fear of missing. If you want more power Close Combat's still an option. Knock Off hits Doublade and removes items. Toxic cripples walls.

Swords Dance + Baton Pass
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator / Reckless
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Stone Edge
High Jump Kick

Inherits from Miensaho, this set is a hybrid sweeper/supporter. Set up with Swords Dance, and if there's a wall you can't break though simply pass the boost on with Baton Pass. Stone Edge and High Jump Kick get STAB. Regenerator lets you heal Life Orb recoil; Reckless lets you 2HKO Unaware Suicune with High Jump Kick.

You could also run an offensive Rapid Spin set from Hitmonlee, but Doublade is Terrakion's best counter. A Choice Band could be used, but that locks Terrakion out of using its brilliant offensive STABs. You could also run a Dragon Dance set from Scrafty, but the Quick Feet set already does just about everything that would. Conkeldurr and Toxicroak are viable donors as well, although neither gets Close Combat or High Jump Kick.

Da Random Bro (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb -- from Swellow
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Agility

Scrappy Boomburst. 'Nuff said.
Just inherit from Exploud. It has a better movepool overall and allows it to still have scrappy Boomburst. It allows you to run better coverage. You really only lose Agility, but it seemed like an afterthought.

Finally managed to come up with a good counter to specs weather mons:

Altaria (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Filler

Altaria has a great movepool, the first 3 are fairly standard and provide longevity, damage and team support the last option can be a variety of options. Gyara has base 125 attacks so you can put options like pursuit or earthquake to good use or even cotton guard if you feel like being trolly and never dying. Just watch out for the occasional thunder the rain ones often carry.

Okay, I just came up with a set that can prob wall every set Hoopa is ever going to run:

Skuntank/Drapion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Power Whip/Infestation

Dark type that is not weak to Focus Blast? Check!
Both Skuntank and Drapion can run this set as they both have the beautiful typing of Poison/Dark which only gives them a weakness to ground. With Assault Vest, the only attack Hoopa can use to 2HKO it is Earth Power and while a few pokemon get Earth Power, Shadow Ball and Psyshock, none of those really have a good ability aside from Levitate which might look cool for switch-in opportunities, but is way worse than Adaptability or Regenerator. I don't think anyone would run Levitate Hoopa just for Skuntank/Drapion, so you'll be fine.

Further into detail:
Skuntank and Drapion are not the most tanky pokemon on the Special side, so Assault Vest is needed so Focus Blast is not a 2HKO. This brought me straight to RegenVest. This set inherits from Tangrowth as it gives them 2 STAB moves in Knock Off and Poison Jab. EQ is nice coverage and the 4th slot is pretty much filler. You can either go for the less powerful EdgeQuake coverage in Rock Slide, Power Whip as a high base power move (but Grass isn't really a good offensive type) or Infestation which seems cool for trapping enemies. The spread of 252 HP/252 SpD is recommended as it makes Skuntank/Drapion even bulkier and boosts their longevity but you can put some EV's into Speed to outspeed fully Speed-invested Hoopa. Most of the times Hoopa runs a more bulky spread which is naturally outspeeded by Skuntank and Drapion without any investments tho.

PS: I'm running a set inheriting from Amoonguss on my stall team instead because it gets Clear Smog, which solves the problem I had with Magic Bounce/Stored Power sweepers (mainly Cress). Amoonguss only gives you Foul Play as good move to use besides Clear Smog tho so if you don't need Clear Smog, you're better of inheriting from Tangrowth.

Let me petition a placement for both Jolteon and Rampardos.
Jolteon for A- because it's one of the best sheer force users, inheriting from Nidoking. My set runs about like this:
Nidoking (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
And plays like this:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-291020941
Also this is just a recent battle and doesn't showcase Jolt as much as other battles. His wide coverage and super high BP hits allows him to 2HKO everything in the S-A ranks except Chansey, Cress, AV Goodra, maxSpD Umbreon, and Snorlax.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Earth Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 294-348 (85.9 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 393-463 (97.2 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 283-335 (97.2 - 115.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 211-250 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 220-261 (54.4 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Some of these walls can run fully SpD spreads to beat Jolteon but commonly they don't because they are offensive of physD

For Rampardos, we will play a fun game. You tell me your favorite wall, and I'll show you how Rampardos murders them like a freight train in steroids.
252+ Atk Life Orb Rampardos Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 278-329 (68.8 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Protean Marowak Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 259-306 (64.1 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ramp>Marowak

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Rampardos Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 393-463 (97.2 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Atk Life Orb Protean Rampardos Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 220-259 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Rampardos Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 359-422 (55.9 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Rampardos Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 346-408 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Protean Rampardos Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 198-234 (61.1 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

He also beats most offensive with Fake Out + Sucker Punch/Shadow Sneak.
Rampardos for A-

Last edited:
Just inherit from Exploud. It has a better movepool overall and allows it to still have scrappy Boomburst. It allows you to run better coverage. You really only lose Agility, but it seemed like an afterthought.
Yeah, but the Agility and Roost are really appreciated. I'll test this out and see how it works.

There's no way jolteon is A- rank, it's nowhere near that good. Not only does it lose to any special wall but it also can't switch in on anything. And a lot of the time it lacks power to ohko offensive threats making him a subpar check. Not to mention most priority can kill it without boost and most resisted prio can kill it with it.
Looking a the rankings, altaria kills on espeed after rocks, cress walls, gyara and azelf can kill on sucker after rocks, chansey, heatran and lax wall, glalie, ttar, medicham, loppuny kill, latios, ursaring, mew... in short you lose to most stuff. Jolteon has gained a bit of power, but every more powerfull mons got the same boost, B- sounds more fitting than A-

There's no way jolteon is A- rank, it's nowhere near that good. Not only does it lose to any special wall but it also can't switch in on anything. And a lot of the time it lacks power to ohko offensive threats making him a subpar check. Not to mention most priority can kill it without boost and most resisted prio can kill it with it.
Looking a the rankings, altaria kills on espeed after rocks, cress walls, gyara and azelf can kill on sucker after rocks, chansey, heatran and lax wall, glalie, ttar, medicham, loppuny kill, latios, ursaring, mew... in short you lose to most stuff. Jolteon has gained a bit of power, but every more powerfull mons got the same boost, B- sounds more fitting than A-
Also I have to mention Jolteon is pretty much outclassed by Gengar as a Sheer Force user. Most of the time, 110 Base Speed is enough to outspeed everything bar priority and with Jolteon having 20 lower Base SpA Gengar just outright better. Unlike Jolteon, Gengar also is not walled by Cress and cannot be revenge-killed by regular Extreme Speed which is pretty huge.

Ice Punch is used on Pinsir simply for coverage. It beats the Flying types and Ground types that annoy Pinsir. There is no other move besides EQ that would go there anyway.
Double Edge actually outdamages *2 Ice Punch by an enormous margin, and enables Pinsir to beat Unaware users such as Suicune.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Double Edge actually outdamages *2 Ice Punch by an enormous margin, and enables Pinsir to beat Unaware users such as Suicune.
Even Espeed hits harder than ice punch. After Aerilate + Stab, it has a power of 156, which is 6 higher than an SE ice punch

Even Espeed hits harder than ice punch. After Aerilate + Stab, it has a power of 156, which is 6 higher than an SE ice punch
Don't ask me why it is standard. A lot of Pinsirs I have seen are either running Ice Punch or EQ. I already had replaced Ice Punch with EQ (I needed the ground coverage anyway), and I got that it was kind of useless unless Lando-T came to play.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 249-294 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 232-274 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even without Ice Punch, Landorus hardly takes on Pinsir well. If Pinsir manages to get a SD up, then Lando just gets destroyed.

Also about Jolteon: Raikou also outclasses it. Sure it isn't as fast, but in most matches 115 base Speed will suffice. Raikou's also slightly stronger, and bulkier as well (90/75/100 vs 65/60/95). Apart from Speed, Raikou's better than Jolteon in every way.

Maybe we should also include a donors viability ranking section? The best 5 donors in my opinion (in no particular order)

(Mega) Lucario
What's not to like, you get a massive movepool, a superb ability in Adaptability, boosting moves in Swords Dance, Nasty Plot and Agility, Extreme Speed...Really it's just too wonderful. You'd be hard pressed to find an offensive team that doesn't have something inheriting from (Mega) Lucario.

Rampardos
A lowly PU Pokémon, here one of the best donors. Its special movepool is almost as good as the Nidos, but it has a better physical movepool as well as boosting in Swords Dance and Rock Polish. 2 great abilities in Mold Breaker and Sheer Force.

Xatu
Magic Bounce, reliable recovery, U-turn, Calm Mind and Stored Power if you want a bulky Calm Mind sweeper that can bypass Unaware walls. Good coverage moves in Heat Wave, Dazzling Gleam and Grass Knot.

Kecleon
Protean with a fantastic movepool makes Kecleon a great donor for offensive Pokémon. On the physical side you have Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Double-Edge, Stone Edge and Shadow Sneak; on the special side you have Bolt Beam and Fire Blast with a boosting move in Nasty Plot. Just a shame it doesn't get Earthquake, but you can't have everything.

Zororak
Illusion allows you to play mind games with your opponent, letting you lure in and take out a would be wall. Send out Gengar disguised as Terrakion, watch as your opponent sends in their Doublade only to be OHKOed by Shadow Ball. But unlike Furfrou you don't have to sacrifice a movepool for Illusion: inheriting from Zoroark is no hardship at all. You get Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Grass Knot, Sucker Punch, Knock Off and Taunt.

Also about Jolteon: Raikou also outclasses it. Sure it isn't as fast, but in most matches 115 base Speed will suffice. Raikou's also slightly stronger, and bulkier as well (90/75/100 vs 65/60/95). Apart from Speed, Raikou's better than Jolteon in every way.

Maybe we should also include a donors viability ranking section? The best 5 donors in my opinion (in no particular order)

(Mega) Lucario
What's not to like, you get a massive movepool, a superb ability in Adaptability, boosting moves in Swords Dance, Nasty Plot and Agility, Extreme Speed...Really it's just too wonderful. You'd be hard pressed to find an offensive team that doesn't have something inheriting from (Mega) Lucario.

Rampardos
A lowly PU Pokémon, here one of the best donors. Its special movepool is almost as good as the Nidos, but it has a better physical movepool as well as boosting in Swords Dance and Rock Polish. 2 great abilities in Mold Breaker and Sheer Force.

Xatu
Magic Bounce, reliable recovery, U-turn, Calm Mind and Stored Power if you want a bulky Calm Mind sweeper that can bypass Unaware walls. Good coverage moves in Heat Wave, Dazzling Gleam and Grass Knot.

Kecleon
Protean with a fantastic movepool makes Kecleon a great donor for offensive Pokémon. On the physical side you have Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Double-Edge, Stone Edge and Shadow Sneak; on the special side you have Bolt Beam and Fire Blast with a boosting move in Nasty Plot. Just a shame it doesn't get Earthquake, but you can't have everything.

Zororak
Illusion allows you to play mind games with your opponent, letting you lure in and take out a would be wall. Send out Gengar disguised as Terrakion, watch as your opponent sends in their Doublade only to be OHKOed by Shadow Ball. But unlike Furfrou you don't have to sacrifice a movepool for Illusion: inheriting from Zoroark is no hardship at all. You get Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Agility, Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Grass Knot, Sucker Punch, Knock Off and Taunt.
I like this idea. This is my POV on the basic donor list (only divided into base letter ranks so far, no + or -):

S Rank:
  • Quagsire
  • Rayquaza/Rayquaza-Mega
  • Lucario/Lucario-Mega
  • Kecleon
  • Mew
A Rank:
  • Slowking
  • Corsola
  • Starmie
  • Genesect
  • Dragonite
  • Xatu
  • Sableye-Mega
  • Clefable
  • Breloom
  • Spinda
  • Crawdaunt
  • Carracosta
  • Greninja
  • Flygon
  • Gliscor
  • Salamence-Mega
  • Ho-oh
  • Blaziken
  • Arcanine
  • Noivern
  • Zoroark
  • Chatot
B Rank:
  • Linoone
  • Togekiss
  • Sigilyph
  • Swoobat
  • Venomoth
  • Heracross-Mega
  • Machamp
  • Conkeldurr
  • Pangoro
  • Malamar
  • Huntail
  • Azumarill
  • Volbeat
  • Absol-Mega
  • Hydregion
  • Groudon-Primal
  • Solrock
  • Salamence
  • Flareon
  • Glalie-Mega
  • Darkrai
  • Yveltal
  • Deoxys
  • Kyogre
  • Nidoking
  • Manaphy
  • Blastoise-Mega
  • Victini
  • Scrafty
  • Dragalge
  • Rampardos
  • Exploud
  • Mienshao
  • Staraptor
  • Whimsicott
  • Mewtwo
  • Xerneas
  • Altaria-Mega
C Rank:
  • Murkrow
  • Omastar
  • Barbaracle
  • Audino
  • Victreebel
  • Camerupt-Mega
  • Miltank
  • Pikachu
  • Emboar
  • Thundurus
  • Lugia
  • Shuckle
  • Crustle
  • Beedrill-Mega
  • Toxicroak
  • Larvitar
  • Reshiram
  • Druddigon
  • Kingdra
  • Darmanitan
  • Porygon-Z
  • Mawile
  • Aegislash
  • Cradily
  • Gastrodon
  • Lunatone
  • Abomasnow
  • Aurorus
  • Heatran
  • Charizard-Mega-Y
  • Ninetales
  • Aerodactyl-Mega
  • Gothitelle
  • Klingklang

All donors listed on the recipient viability rankings are accounted for. I only included their donation capabilities on that list when considering their ranking, even if there are some creative sets or lures which I think have the potential for greater use from that donor (for instance, I've used a set inheriting Miltank on Kyurem to get Fire/Water/Electric/Ice resistance with reliable recovery and solid support/coverage options, but it isn't common so I disregarded it). I'll probably come back and deal with segregating out the subranks later. What do you guys think?

As a side note, Trapinch is still listed as a donor to Garchomp. I'm assuming this is a relic from when Arena Trap was unbanned, but please correct me if I'm missing something.

I pretty much mentioned it but both kecleon and greninja are good donors so is primal kyogre and porygon-z for sweepers and quag clef and arcanine and flareon for walls note flareon and arcanine are here if you want some flash fire steels

Last edited:
Also I have to mention Jolteon is pretty much outclassed by Gengar as a Sheer Force user. Most of the time, 110 Base Speed is enough to outspeed everything bar priority and with Jolteon having 20 lower Base SpA Gengar just outright better. Unlike Jolteon, Gengar also is not walled by Cress and cannot be revenge-killed by regular Extreme Speed which is pretty huge.
Ok it is true Gengar has better STABS and high power, but the speed tier thing is pretty huge right here. 130 compared to 110 is big. Max Scarf or +1 base 60's-65's outspeed Gengar and Raikou, but not Jolteon (Tyranitar anyone?). Min 70's outspeed Gengar, but not Jolteon (pass +1 to Bisharp or whatever, lots of speed boost passer from blaziken). Jolteon flat out beats all other 110's that Gengar has to worry about speed tying like other Gar's, Latios, Latias, Mega Diancie, Mega Metagross,etc. Jolt outspeeds 110-115 like MegaLuc, Raikou, Thundurus, Tornadus, he outspeeds 115-129 like Alakazam, Tornadus Therian, Sceptile preMega, MegaPidgeot, the almighty Zebstrika, and more. Jolteon also has a shot at speed-tying Aero leads. All these mons I just mentioned are very common (except Zebstrika I tried some humor to show I'm not angry) and it can be game-decidingly important that your cleaner outspeeds them.

Same goes for comparing Jolt to Raikou, minus the bit about speed tying 110's.

Fine, not A-, let's go B+. He's at least as good as most other Sheer Force cleaners because of his niche speed tier. Of Raikou/Gengar make A without being able to outspeed the above threats, give him B+ at least.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Since someone briefly mentioned Garchomp and trapping:

Probopass (Garchomp) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Fire Punch
- filler

This should definitely replace Trapinch in Garchomp's slot on the viability ranking. This works best with Spike support so you can tell if they actually have Levitate (i.e. know if you have to use Gravity). Not only does Probopass get the combination of Earthquake and Gravity, but it gets Fire Punch (for some reason). The combination of Fire Punch, EQ, and Gravity should handle basically most Steel-types (U-Turning Steel-types are annoying), ensuring that they are at the very least severely dented for whatever needs Steel-types removed. Even if you don't get to use Magnet Pull due to their lack of Steel-types, Garchomp still puts in some work (plus it means that whatever needed Steel-types removed will have a good time). The last slot can be anything, really - Toxic for Bulky Water-types, Thunder Wave because its the third best move in the game, Taunt to shut down recovery, Stone Edge / Ice Punch for coverage - even Stealth Rock if you need to fit it in somewhere in your team. Probopass has a surprisingly wide movepool, so go wild with the last move.

A set I have been using to great effect is Mega Ampharos.

Ampharos (Deoxys) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

It's great at stacking spikes with Mold Breaker, and has decent bulk on either side. Thunderbolt doesn't hit as hard without investment but coming from 165 SpA it can force out many attackers and some Electric-weak pokes. Taunt can prevent attackers from setting up or walls from Defogging away hazards or recovering off damage, although it is usually too slow for most of them.

Since someone briefly mentioned Garchomp and trapping:

Probopass (Garchomp) @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Fire Punch
- filler

This should definitely replace Trapinch in Garchomp's slot on the viability ranking. This works best with Spike support so you can tell if they actually have Levitate (i.e. know if you have to use Gravity). Not only does Probopass get the combination of Earthquake and Gravity, but it gets Fire Punch (for some reason). The combination of Fire Punch, EQ, and Gravity should handle basically most Steel-types (U-Turning Steel-types are annoying), ensuring that they are at the very least severely dented for whatever needs Steel-types removed. Even if you don't get to use Magnet Pull due to their lack of Steel-types, Garchomp still puts in some work (plus it means that whatever needed Steel-types removed will have a good time). The last slot can be anything, really - Toxic for Bulky Water-types, Thunder Wave because its the third best move in the game, Taunt to shut down recovery, Stone Edge / Ice Punch for coverage - even Stealth Rock if you need to fit it in somewhere in your team. Probopass has a surprisingly wide movepool, so go wild with the last move.
1) Arena Trap is banned so I guess Trapinch is there for Sheer Force? Not sure.
2) I posted the exact same set a few pages back. How do we keep coming up with the same sets lol

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
used this with decent success on low ladder but I've only had 10 games or so so I don't have the full picture but this looks beastly

Venomoth (Shaymin) @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Not many people play around a Quiver Dancing Shaymin, it's pretty easy to get one or two boosts and Sleep Powder annoying stuff (hi Heatran). Tinted Lens with Grass+Bug works pretty well but there might be space for something over Bug Buzz (probably HP Ground could work). It doesn't pack much damage off the bat but if you don't have the checks to it it's not priority weak and cleans up pretty nicely after a couple boosts. Best used with spike stacking support to finalize some kills (I use a silly Sturdy Custap Boom Lickilicky that inherits from Forretress, but there's probably much better stuff out there). Good wincon against offense overboosting kind of teams if you get to boost before they do.

Ok, I know it isn't in common practice because of the popularity of other inheritances into Suicune, but I've gotta say, Fur Coat Suicune is fucking incredible.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
- Toxic

I swear, this thing is the Chansey of physical walls. It operates equally as well as Unaware variants against +2 enemies, but against the insane wallbreakers that Unawares struggle walling it performs admirably. For reference:

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Suicune: 128-152 (31.7 - 37.7%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This thing is RIDICULOUS. I've been running it and MB Chansey together on my BO team, and their ability to blanket check 95% of the offensive tier really loosens up the rest of the team to be flexible. Obviously, other variants have merits (which, to be fair, often eclipse Fur Coat's utility) but this has been quite a surprisingly useful tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)