Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V4 [Week 26 - Manetric - Nomination]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The winner for this week is:

This week new mon is:

Mega ,and non-mega, Abomasnow !! Abomasnow is one of the new drops RU got in the tier shift just like it's previous stay in RU it's still a power house even having the ability to OHKO Durant after Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Them also been some talk about Non-Mega Abomasnow have been talked about having ad avatars over its Mega form one being its speed tier and its ability to not use up a Mega slot. Its most popular set being either SD or Mixed All-out attacker.

Deadline: November 16

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor

World's End Garden (Abomasnow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 120 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Ballet Mechanique (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Roar

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Motion Blue (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock

Memento Mori (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Paper Moon Shine (Fletchinder)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Did this for the research week thingy as i rly wanted to use regular abomasnow to see how it does. Obviously you need a justification to be using non-mega abomasnow so i paired it with mega steelix, they actually kinda well together, synergy wise. Obligatory flygon here, defensive pivot to get abomasnow in safely since it's not mega and it actually can't switch into stuff. SD pursuit drapion(lum) as this is the designated psychic type check slot and since slowking is a thing now i figured this set might work as long as i have stuff that can weaken/switch into mega steelix. Enter slowking, deffensive slowking with fire blast as i didn't feel much need to run calm mind + i was a little vulnerable to mega abomasnow i guess(escavalier will probably be more popular now so theres also that), slowking as my designated fighting check still loses to scrafty and virizion, fletchinder was added as it can check both of those as well as being able to get drapion checks a little weakened supporting the use of pursuit on it.

fran17

(1999)
importable

This is a team I built after the shifts happened, tho it isn't really based on Aboma, but it does a good job on the team so I guess it's fine. The team started from Piloswine+Togetic, a nice core which have a nice sinergy, with Togetic taking the fighting moves which scares Pilo, and Pilo takes ice and electric moves which scares Toge! Then I added Escavalier since the core had some problems dealing with Aboma, which can take some hits and reply with a strong STAB or just give him some chip damage with Pursuit. At this point the team had a pretty passive look, with only Togetic being able to recover damage, although having to switch on hazards really sucked, so I added Alomomola to help the team with some nice wish passes, and I also added defensive Emboar to have another Aboma and Durant check. In the end since I've noticed that I still had my mega slot free, I just went for SD Aboma, which fits the team really well since can sweep in late game after the opposite team is weakened by the chip damage my team can get (rocks, toxic, will o wisp, pursuit, and sometime hail damage, but I prefer to keep aboma away from the field until late game to have him healty as possible)

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
EVs: 104 HP / 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Crunch

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

That's a team i've builded little time ago, i started to build it with mixed all out attacker aboma, so i've added a defensive pivot flygon, to defog, check fire/rock moves and creating momentum with u-turn, after this, i needed something to kill bronzong, so i choosed choice band emboar, that is one of the best wallbreakers on the tier, being also a nice check to houndoom, in the next spot, i wanted a fast scarf, cause all my mons until now were very slow, and with durant, i outspeed almost all mons in the tier, for the fifth slot, i needed 2 things, fighting check and rocks, to do these roles, i've chosen an uxie, that is good cause it usually wont be a setup bait, because of twave and can create momentum with uturn, for the last spot, i chosen a rock polish tyrantrun, that wins against most of the ofensive team, and its a good wallbreaker at the same time.
.kael

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 136 Atk / 240 SpA / 116 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 72 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

So with the drop of Abomasnow, I decided I wanted to try out its normal form along with Mega Camerupt, as both are great wallbreakers and have decent defensive synergy. Alomomola was then thrown on as it formed a FWG core with the two, plus is generally a great glue mon as it passed wishes and spread status for me, as well as knocking off annoying items like Leftovers and Choice items. I originally had Rhyperior over Bronzong, but after the help of someone(sorry i forgot u ;.;), and realizing how weak my team was to Meloetta and Psychic types in general, I decided to add Bronzong. Next, I wanted hazard removal, and a Houndoom and Tyrantrum check, as both did a number to my team if MegaRupt gets weakened. So Scarf Hitmonlee found its way onto the team. Finally, I added Rotom-Spin as a nice glue mon, as it provided me with a way to gain momentum for my slow wallbreakers, a secondary Flying, Grass, and Ground check, a Fighting resist, and it can also burn some annoying physical pokemon that are kinda troubling, like Hitmonlee and Durant.

Hey fam :) Anyways i decided to be different and ran a hail team revolving around the sweeping capabilities SubSplit Rotom-Freeze because under hail, this thing is a monster O_o

After toying around with hail before Abomasnow dropped, I realized just how good Rotom-Freeze was with hail up. Sub is used to avoid things like Spore with Amoonguss and to wall Alomomola, Pain Split to regain lost health, and ofc BoltBeam coverage. MegaLix was added to deal with Fletch, as with rocks up it kinda recked me at +2. Flygon was added to be my defogger, as I found that Rapid Spin wasn't reliable enough when carrying ice mons. It also helps me deal with opposing Megalix, and also is a nice switch in against fire types bar Delphox w/ Dazzling Gleam. Slowking was next, as Flygon was more of a soft check against those pesky fire types running around. Chose to run Specs, as it's good xD. Scald is there for the burn chance, Fire Blast for steel types, and Psychic for STAB. Would run Psyshock but Mola exists *tear*. I used to run ScarfBoar in the last slot, but it wasn't really working as I was still too weak to fighting-types. Fletchinder replaced it as it provided priority Acro. Set really explains itself. O I forgot. The Aboma set is offensive as it allows it to do a lot of damage to opposing leads like Druddigon and stuff that isn't a steel type. So basically Seismitoad, Drudd as mentioned above, Rhyperior, and yeah. Enjoy :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Abomasnow @ Icy Rock
EVs: 248 Atk / 216 SpA / 44 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Shard

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Pain Split
- Substitute

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 116 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog

Slowking @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Gonna give a few shoutouts to EonX Ping_Pong_Along and DKFirelord for helping me with this team you guys are the best!

Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-292302781 Showcases power of Rotom-Frost
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-292604144 Even though I lost, I think it showcases the team well

Last edited:

NORTHERN IMPACT

With Abomasnow being the theme of the week, I chose to use the set SD Wallbreaker, which is really effective in this metagame. In the second slot decided to use a Fight-check to form a good defensive core with Abomasnow and Aromatisse ended up fitting perfectly, working as my main win con too (yes, that's CM sweeper, set that despite being cancer is very good and gave me many wins in test matches). Third slot I was looking for a second wallbreaker to form an offensive core with Abomasnow and be able to handle steel-types that bothered the initial core, such as Durant, so I picked Emboar (first I tried magneton but the offensive presence Emboar has showed better results). In the next slot, I wanted a Ground imunity and it would be interesting to have a fire-check as well, so I chose to use LO Flygon in order to keep the offensive presence in the team, switch in Fire Spam when needed and still be a good defog user, since I have an> Abomasnow on the team. And with that I added Escavalier in the team to check fairy-types and psychic-types (read Meloetta). Finally I needed something that was able to set up rocks as well as deal with Tyrantrum, therefore I decided to use Rhyperior, which also serves as a flying-check and second fire-spam check. With that I finished the team and added some of my spreads like: Speed in Abomasnow and Rhyperior to overtake safely Pokémon base 40; speed in Aromatisse and Escavalier to Pokémon base 30 and sets as Toxic Rhyperior to deal with alomomola easier and Sucker Punch Emboar for a surprise emergency button.

NORTHERN IMPACT (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

DIAMOND DUST (Aromatisse) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

PROMINENCE (Emboar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Wild Charge

SUZUNO FUUSUKE (Flygon) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

GAZEL (Escavalier) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Drill Run

CHAOS BREAK (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 232 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Since it is a tie I'll brake it both teams are actually pretty tuff and the winner is :

Diogo whay other anime series do you like lol

For this week Mon it'll be :

Slowking!! Slowking was another drop we got along with Abomasnow and was once previously RU before. Slowking most popular set as of now is Defensive Calm Mind or just defensive this doesn't mean they are its only set their is also Nasty Plot, Specs, or even Offfesive Trick Room. Slowking is mostly seen on most Balance teams and is sometimes used as the main Fighting, Water, Psychic, Fire, and walls sometimes which can over whelm causing it to pressured. Either way Slowking is still be the fat water Pokemon RU loves.

Deadline: November 26

good luck

yo so i never post here usually and i hate slowking a lot so i decided to make a team with it (go figure) and tested it a bit.
so i started off with TR slowking, as it is one of the more underused set of slowking atm, and i wanted to see how it would function. LO moves hit hard off without any boost, but i also added NP to be able to set up on things (like mola). Next, i wanted a pursuit trapper / ghost check, so i added houndoom because of its typing and decent physical attack, doing the needed job, except on jellicent. Roselia is able to check the aforementioned jellicent, as well as getting up layers to make an easier slowking sweep possible. Since i was aiming for more of a balance approach, i added flygon as a way to get rid of hazards that make slowkings / houndooms lifes hard. Alomomola provides wish pass incase these pokemon get weakened, and acts as a glue for this team. Wish passing into rose is also good, especially if you choose not to run synthesis for sleep powder. Gurdurr is the teams dark check, while not the best out there, it does the job needed on the team. Originally, i had tried emboar but i did not like the choice lock and dual fire types, and gurdurr fit the next role, not being weak to status due to guts, and getting wish passed into from mola. The spread allows it to take 2 blizzards, so you can check aboma sorta too if played smart.
Slowking @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)