ORAS Team Tournament - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Approved by the TDs

Banner by AzureEdge

XY Team Tournament: Won by STARMIE ALAKAZAM THE LITTLE CINCILLA POKEMON EVOLUTION WITH THE DREAMWORLD ABILITY http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-team-tournament-round-1.3520061/

Welcome all to the ORAS Team Tournament! This tournament will only be played using official ORAS tiers (OU, UU, RU, NU, LC, Ubers and Doubles). 2 spots for OU on a team 1 spot for the rest. In round 1, the 16 teams will be split into groups of 4 where each player will play opponents of the 3 teams in their pool who are in the same tier. Round 2 – Finals will be team vs. team.

· Sleep Clause ON

· Item Clause OFF

· OHKO Clause ON

· Timer Clause ON

· Moody Clause ON

· Evasion Clause ON

· Species Clause ON

· Endless Battle Clause ON

· Uber Clause ON (except for Ubers matches)

-Apparently there is a HypnoGrav clause in Doubles too lol

-If one user showed more activity through VM scheduling or through activity posts they will be awarded with an activity win that will have the same levity as a normal win.

-If both users were inactive or if both attempted to schedule but neither showed more activity than the other the match will be coinflipped or possibly declared moot if neither players made an effort to play slightly in later rounds.

-In the FIRST ROUND ONLY substitutes may sign up if they missed signups or did not manage to get picked. They will be used if a player is inactive and a captain requests that player to be subbed out. In future rounds, you can only sub in a player in between rounds or when the match for that respective tier has been played.

-Once a player has been subbed out he will not be able to sub back into his team or any others at any point of the tournament.

-I will stress this here, in round 1 you will have to play 3 games in a span of 3 weeks, if you don’t finish your games it will have a big effect on your team’s score so please make sure you will be able to finish your games before signing up.

-Players may be subbed out at any time during round 1.

-Substitutes may sign up if they missed signups or did not manage to get picked. They will be used if a player is inactive and a captain requests that player to be subbed out. There will be no subs past R2.

-Once a player has been subbed out he will not be able to sub back into his team or any others at any point of the tournament.

- You may still sub players out at any point during round 1. As a bonus, you may sub anyone in that isn’t already or wasn’t previously on a team OR you may choose one from the sub-list.

-The playoffs seeding will be determined by points this year. The top 2 teams from each pool will still move forward but rather than the 2 playing each other in round 2, it will go by points (i.e. the team that led in points will play the team that had the least but still made the playoffs). This is so you don’t play the same guys two rounds in a row which was the biggest complaint last year.

Matchups:

1. allez les grenouilles vs. 16. LOS TUPAMAROS

OU1: Pyrogon vs. Znain
OU2: Soldier vs. THUNDER CEBRA
Ubers: Exiline vs. Gunner Rohan
UU: Sacri' vs. Real FV13
RU: Scythe. vs. Will of Fire
NU: Fairy Peak vs. Poek97
LC: majaspic22 vs. Alice Kazumi
Doubles: Vinc2612 vs. Edgar

2. IDM vs. 15. random ppl

OU1: cosine180 vs. Loveless Rhapsody
OU2: blunder vs. looiiyut
Ubers: Omfuga vs. mafreel
UU: FLCL vs. Guinzo
RU: -Tsunami- vs. Zeno;
NU: Cased vs. TheInsanity
LC: Tesung vs. Omastar
Doubles: TDK vs. Yoda2798

3. Wak Kunts vs. 14. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT 2K16

OU1: Altina vs. Always!
OU2: Alkov vs. Snowy.
Ubers: DropTheBass vs. BreloomMyHomie
UU: Timeless vs. Shiba
RU: ZANBAKUResh vs. Arifeen
NU: CrazyClown94 vs. petyer
LC: Blader96 vs. macle
Doubles: qsns vs. miltankmilk

4. col ate a burrito vs. 13. Cloud 9

OU1: PDC vs. Steve Angello
OU2: KratosMana vs. Rumor
Ubers: dice vs. Astounded
UU: Bouffalant vs. Valentine
RU: 49 vs. teal6
NU: Finchinator vs. Haruno
LC: Sweep vs. Melonz
Doubles: steelphoenix vs. deoxys speed

5. Hellraisers vs. 12. The Phantom Troupe

OU1: Meru vs. BlackBloodz
OU2: ZoroarkForever vs. praj.pran
Ubers: Lord Outrage vs. -Leon-
UU: Christo The Gr8 vs. Hogg
RU: zben vs. Yagura
NU: Shaneghoul vs. TraceofLife
LC: slurmz vs. Pikasohn
Doubles: Peli vs. Mishimono

6. monotype's very own vs. 11. Starmei's Team

OU1: PK-Kaiser vs. Nedor
OU2: Balto vs. Dilwar
Ubers: all falls down vs. Starmei
UU: iWanka vs. Hairy Toenail
RU: Ajna vs. SparksBlade
NU: Laxuy vs. rw
LC: Tahu vs. Mudvayne
Doubles: Anttya vs. AllAttack

7. A Team of Pokemon Players vs. 10. [sky]

OU1: jacob vs. Rydro
OU2: EdwardElric15 vs. L0ST
Ubers: HaxED vs. Golden Freddy's
UU: Drake'sProdigy vs. GandalF
RU: Unlucky Desperado vs. silver ghost
NU: Rapture. vs. Sagati
LC: OP vs. Brazilian Army
Doubles: shaian vs. Sacred Lie

8. Mugiwara no Ichimi ♥ vs. 9. jajaja tus muertos

OU1: NightFox vs. Ambulancia Negra
OU2: teso24 vs. juanen
Ubers: Shiny Girl vs. SweetPosho
UU: Robert. vs. DestinyUnknown
RU: .CarloO~ vs. Guilas D
NU: DennisEG vs. Zing
LC: Raichy vs. Eric1999
Doubles: Shogarth vs. Krahzer

DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 20TH!

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Oh yeah trash quit subbing in Tahu n_n
(edit: contacted)

Last edited:
predictions for the only series that matters

6. monotype's very own (5) vs. 11. Starmei's Team (3)

OU1: PK-Kaiser vs. Nedor | easily the highlight match of this round. This game features monotype's greatest player, PK-Kaiser, he of the legendary Air Cutter Zapdos, and Nedor, slayer of Zamrock, as seen in my nigga CasedVictory's video. I think Nedor's lord plays will be enough to send PK-Kaiser spiraling into a depression, at which point he will finally realize how bad Air Cutter Zapdos is before promptly ending his life.

OU2: Balto vs. Dilwar | another intense series featuring two great dark horses. All you need to know about this game, however, is the following log.

I also have special insider information detailing his thought process.
"(That Turn 15 Predict though). Way I made that predict is; 'he won't risk a 50/50 like that with his Starmie unless he has Reflect Type.' Knowing he won't expect a Low Kick Bisharp, I went right for that."
If he can make plays like that on a consistent basis, Balto has no chance.

Ubers: all falls down vs. Starmei | Unlike the above matches, this game features two terrible players. However, at least 'all falls down' probably knows how to spell Starmie, while his opponent might as well change his name to radianthero156.
UU: iWanka vs. Hairy Toenail | From my experience battling Hairy Toenail in UUPL, I know for a fact that a man who is good enough to spam monodragon in Monotype can easily win.
RU: Ajna vs. SparksBlade | I remember Ajna being able to make RUPL, which is one more PL than most of these guys have made on Smogon.
NU: Laxuy vs. rw | Users whose names are acronyms are often Pokemon prodigies. See: IDM Shepherd CTC
LC: Tahu vs. Mudvayne | yeah both these guys are ass but w/e go tahu.
Doubles: Anttya vs. AllAttack | Judging from his name, AllAttack clearly doesn't understand the point of Doubles. He doesn't use Protect im assuming, so he'll probably get blown away.

Monotype moves on. Congratulations.

Last edited:
Predictions for my favorite series so far!

OU1: cosine180 vs. Loveless Rhapsody - One of the best Oras Players, he should have this easily
Ubers: Omfuga vs. mafreel - he scald burned his way out of OLT round 2 so i guess he can scald burn his way out of here too.
RU: -Tsunami- vs. Zeno - Honestly I cannot see Tsunami aka SPL Legend aka VoD Leader Ravenn aka OLT winner winning this game. Between the Lisp in his voice and his inability to pronounce his R's in his Youtube Video's, I doubt he will even be able to type out the name of his Pokemon in his teambuilder forcing him to either forfeit his game or lose of activity. If he can follow these guidelines at http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-a-Speech-Disorder however the game could go either way.
LC: Tesung vs. Omastar - Your grandslam run was great, I expect you to win.
Doubles: TDK vs. Yoda2798 - Not sure if TDK Plays doubles or not.

Looks like VoD wins again, #Classic

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Predictions for my favorite series so far!

OU1: cosine180 vs. Loveless Rhapsody - One of the best Oras Players, he should have this easily
Ubers: Omfuga vs. mafreel - he scald burned his way out of OLT round 2 so i guess he can scald burn his way out of here too.
RU: -Tsunami- vs. Zeno - Honestly I cannot see Tsunami aka SPL Legend aka VoD Leader Ravenn aka OLT winner winning this game. Between the Lisp in his voice and his inability to pronounce his R's in his Youtube Video's, I doubt he will even be able to type out the name of his Pokemon in his teambuilder forcing him to either forfeit his game or lose of activity. If he can follow these guidelines at http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-a-Speech-Disorder however the game could go either way.
LC: Tesung vs. Omastar - Your grandslam run was great, I expect you to win.
Doubles: TDK vs. Yoda2798 - Not sure if TDK Plays doubles or not.

Looks like VoD wins again, #Classic
No fucking chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)