The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
clearly no one actually watched the SF game

Gabbert was average (some good throws, some bad) but the Falcons' defense and runblocking was gawdawful... Gabbert won that game like Trent Dilfer won the super bowl.

also helps when your defense holds the league's leading rusher to 12 yards on 12 carries.

this week was a pretty good reminder that there really is a lot of parity in the NFL, lots of "bad" teams either won or had good showings against "good" teams.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Falcons weren't good in the first place, the entire NFC East handed them wins they didn't deserve. I mean, they weren't as good as their 5-0 record would've indicated. They're probably a little above average.

Ugh Dallas should be 7-1 by all accounts and one god damn thing has basically thrown the entire fucking season away ~_~

So? Falcons suck. We don't need to watch their games to know this. Weakest 13-3 team ever.

So the boys are 2-6 with Romo coming back after next week... I'm still scared, someone tell me they can't possibly comeback from 2-7... someone..anyone? Even if the dumb 2012 skins went from lik 3-6 to 10-6.

Falcons weren't good in the first place, the entire NFC East handed them wins they didn't deserve. I mean, they weren't as good as their 5-0 record would've indicated. They're probably a little above average.

Ugh Dallas should be 7-1 by all accounts and one god damn thing has basically thrown the entire fucking season away ~_~
I'm not blind enough to think that this is actually a good team... but it is one that is better than almost every one of its opponents so far and has every right to be 8-1 going into the bye. They are a .500 team (or slightly better) that only got out to a great start due to scheduling, but has played down to its opponents every week since week 5. It's more frustrating to watch a team that should be playing well play like a bad team than it is to watch a bad team, and I never would have thought the offense would be the concern.

I'm not blind enough to think that this is actually a good team... but it is one that is better than almost every one of its opponents so far and has every right to be 8-1 going into the bye. They are a .500 team (or slightly better) that only got out to a great start due to scheduling, but has played down to its opponents every week since week 5. It's more frustrating to watch a team that should be playing well play like a bad team than it is to watch a bad team, and I never would have thought the offense would be the concern.
Oh quit trying to get us to feel sorry for you. The Falcons ARE a good team dude, at least thats what passes as a good team these days. When the entire league is mediocre and drowing in teams below .500 a team like coons can be considered good. They'll probably finish 10-6 and get blown out by the Giants in the playoffs, but there's no reason to say they aren't a good team. Suddenly you have to undefeated to be good? Playing badly against bad teams makes you bad? why? I never understood this. Blowing a team out to be honest most of the time isn't even a reflection of either teams quality. Scoring a crap load of points doesn't make you better than a team that got outscored in the regular season(see 2011 Giants vs 2011 Pats). Point is Falcons are 6-3 and a pretty good team that will put up a fight most of the time.

Guys Derek Carr might be for real! I feel like he shouldn't have 19 TDs (see: wide open Amari this week, Crab breaking tackles last week, Taiwan turning a checkdown into a 50 yarder last week, etc) but I'll take it!
Pissed we lost to the Steelers but it was a close one. GG WaterBomb

Dude, literally every qb has TDs that they shouldn't have but also threw passes that should have been tds so who cares.

I had to google the chargers schedule because the WHOLE GAME I THOUGHT THEY WERE PLAYING IN CHICAGO WTF

Luck out 2-6 weeks with a lacerated kidney. Not a death blow to the Colts playoff chances given the putrid division they are in, but still significant nonetheless.

the Jaguars next 4 opponents are a combined 8-25. they could seriously be playing for 1st place when they play the Colts week 14.

believe it or not they're actually a lot of fun to watch this year. If they were my team I'd feel pretty good about where Bortles/Robinson/Hurns/Yeldon will be in 1-3 years, and actually start legitimately contending (as in not just the best of the worst) in the not-so-distant future.

Oakland is already at that spot. what a scary NFL we live in. At least the Lions are 1-7.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm happy to root for the Jags, they've endured so long of a period of mediocrity it's nice to see their fans have legit hope for the coming years. The Raiders too. It's also a good sign because the more competitive teams there are the more exciting each year will be come playoff time because nobody will be able to predict who wins it all. It's kind of boring just watching the same 2-3 teams destroy everyone.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
the steelers are seemingly always good and i'm bitter about my team having like 3 playoff wins in my entire 19 years of existence

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the league is just more fun when the Raiders are good

I am also sick of the same teams being successful every year, but to the surprise of ABSOLUTELY NO ONE it all depends on whether you have a QB or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)