Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mentioned the second core in the anime, too. Zygarde is at least a dual-core.

Hello, collectible intractable gameplay elements.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's a Zygarde Core with a red mark and a Zygarde Core with a blue mark, well I guess that explains why Zygarde 100% Form has a blue and red half. If I'm allowed to theorize, it'll be revealed that individually the Zygarde Cores are only able to maintain a 50% Form. If we go to using computer terms, Zygarde 50% is a normal computer while Zygarde 100% is one with duel core and multi-processing (thus allowing Zygarde 100% to do more things than Zygarde 50% since it now has two brains running the system instead of one). Also with their being two Zygarde Cores that means there can be two Zygarde 50%, meaning ideally no Zygarde Cell is being wasted from non-use (since Zygarde 50% is Zygarde's preferred form, 10% is an emergency form).

So there's a Zygarde Core with a red mark and a Zygarde Core with a blue mark, well I guess that explains why Zygarde 100% Form has a blue and red half. If I'm allowed to theorize, it'll be revealed that individually the Zygarde Cores are only able to maintain a 50% Form. If we go to using computer terms, Zygarde 50% is a normal computer while Zygarde 100% is one with duel core and multi-processing (thus allowing Zygarde 100% to do more things than Zygarde 50% since it now has two brains running the system instead of one). Also with their being two Zygarde Cores that means there can be two Zygarde 50%, meaning ideally no Zygarde Cell is being wasted from non-use (since Zygarde 50% is Zygarde's preferred form, 10% is an emergency form).

Could continue off that train of thought with both halves each using the different thousand move. I mean its possible when thinking it might be two different 50% Zygarde as you propose.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hopefully this doesn't mean ZX and ZY and that we'll need to trade for a Core of another color with someone with the other version just to get Perf Garde....

Reactions: JES
If they do dual versions - I hope they will - I doubt they'd make you trade to get the ultimate form that's been so advertised. More likely you'd get some sort of substitute for the other core but depending on what version's core you have, you get Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves.

If they do dual versions - I hope they will - I doubt they'd make you trade to get the ultimate form that's been so advertised. More likely you'd get some sort of substitute for the other core but depending on what version's core you have, you get Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves.
You'd prefer dual versions? Interesting, I haven't heard that very much. Any particular reason?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only problem I have with dual versions for Zygarde is considering what we know of it now, it seems like it would be kind of hard to implement that kind of concept considering it's something with just one ultimate form and it appears to be designed to be some kind of regulator between two opposing forces (as opposed to Kyurem who has two stronger forms that involve it fusing with just one dragon), and its one ultimate form has both red and blue colors in it, so it would seem kind of weird for it to be in two versions of one game with just one ultimate form since it seems to play a role of mediator between Xerneas and Yveltal. It doesn't have two opposing forms so it would have to be the mascot of just...one game tbh.

Not saying I would hate it but the way Zygarde is, it seems like dual versions wouldn't be that easy of a concept to implement here. Well, I can only speak tentatively, so until Nintendo and Game Freak actually announce the next game, we can only see for ourselves how things turn out.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
After the disappointing CoroCoro reveal, I'm starting to doubt anything will come of the Direct.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After the disappointing CoroCoro reveal, I'm starting to doubt anything will come of the Direct.
I'm not so sure. Corocoro actually hasn't revealed a new mainline Pokemon game themselves since Platinum, which was like 7 years ago (wow time sure flies!).

I can totally see a Pokemon Z getting a Nintendo Direct reveal. I mean, this is gonna focus on 3DS and Wii U games, and both systems are sorta in their twilight with the NX coming out, so its not like Nintendo has much else to reveal.

That being said if gamefreak blue balls us again for the Nintendo Direct, I swear I'm gonna be a traitor and wear a Yo-Kai Watch avatar for a week >:P

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think there would be an outrage if still no Pokemon games.
But I guess it still will have no Pokemon news just to piss us off.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Masuda is supposed to be showing up on the Japanese show "Pokemon Get TV" on the 15 for something.

This is still on, we just have to wait.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The good news is, Masuda never tweeted anything relating to spinoff reveals before. The bad news is, it's going to be announced on Friday the 13th. It could be anything.

Watch it be a rehash of stuff from CoroCoro(doubtful, but possible).
Hoping for an official game announcement, or at least SOMETHING new.

I have honestly stopped believing in that the new games will be announced when people hope they will, after being disapointed so many times. Just wait, the teaser trailer will come in January, mark my words.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Our trusty IRC channel, #oi, will be a place of much discussion tonight. Many of our regulars from across the globe are logged on, discussing and following the Direct, which is set to begin in 1 h 15 min as of writing this.

"Wait, what is IRC and how do I get there?" you may ask. Long story short, it's a chatroom. See nerd's post in this thread for a few further details (it should appear as the first reply to the thread). No, you won't have to download anything to get access. Just follow the link in the post, sign in with a nickname, and you'll be chatting.

There will be hype, baseless speculation (prohibited on the forums, encouraged on IRC), probably a few GIFs being posted, and we'll do our best to comfort each other if the Direct doesn't mention Z at all. You're all welcome to join in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)