Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I play showdown on my iPad, the music never works. It won't play in my own battles, in replays it will play on until somebody switches out Pokemon (or just sends another one out) and it makes its sound, then the music stops and won't continue unless you switch sides or set the music setting from on to off to on again. I've always loved the music, and I hope you can fix this problem for iPad users.

So I encountered a problem with the sleep clause and I saved the replay to show it. On turn 8, my opponent went for hypnosis and put my Celebi to sleep. I switch out into Suicune and he goes for hypnosis again on turn 10 which lands and also puts my Suicune to sleep. It's not that big of an issue since I have sleep talk on it, but I think that the problem is that Showdown saw that I had rest on Suicune and so sleep clause didn't trigger as I could put Suicune to sleep manually. Is there a way to fix this or is it not a big issue?

The replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-291680766

So I encountered a problem with the sleep clause and I saved the replay to show it. On turn 8, my opponent went for hypnosis and put my Celebi to sleep. I switch out into Suicune and he goes for hypnosis again on turn 10 which lands and also puts my Suicune to sleep. It's not that big of an issue since I have sleep talk on it, but I think that the problem is that Showdown saw that I had rest on Suicune and so sleep clause didn't trigger as I could put Suicune to sleep manually. Is there a way to fix this or is it not a big issue?

The replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-291680766
Celebi has Natural Cure and therefore was no longer asleep when you switched out.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I know. But because Aurorus was slower, Tyranitar's weather should've gone off first, followed by Aurorus's.
Trick room was activated, making Tyranitar slower, making its weather go last

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
[00:15] Disaster Area: o hey since you're reviewing bugs n stuff in early gens, might as well say here since I cbf to post in the bug reports thread [ i already did it once and it got deleted ] is that counter should fail when both players use it on the same turn
[00:15] ~Joim: yeah, I know that, it's on my todo list
[00:15] ~Joim: thanks
[00:16] Disaster Area: also there's something like i f a mon faints turn should end or something in gen 3 that isn't working right but honestly I don't know the mechanics of gen 3 well enough, might have to get a friend who does to report it properly
[00:16] Disaster Area: n_n
[00:16] Disaster Area: oh also some other smaller bugs in gen 3 that aren't relevant to OU
[00:16] ~Joim: There are some talks about it in the gen 3 thread
[00:16] Disaster Area: but weather ball doesn't become special under weathers like it should
[00:16] Disaster Area: also with mightyena when you give it heal bell and try and find a battle with it it comes up with saying
[00:16] Disaster Area: that it should have the ability run away
[00:17] Disaster Area: only legal ability on mightyena is intimdate however; poochyena its pre-evolution gets run away
[00:17] Disaster Area: and that move is from XD poochyena
[00:17] ~Joim: ok
[00:17] ~Joim: noting it down
[00:17] ~Joim: would be easier if you posted tho
[00:17] Disaster Area: I did before and marty got confused by it a billion times lol
[00:18] Disaster Area: I'll c/p our conversation tho just for ease in that thread
[00:18] ~Joim: ok
[00:18] ~Joim: But you sure it's a bug?
[00:18] ~Joim: (I'm a bit ignorant in gen 3)
[00:18] Disaster Area: yeah definitely
[00:18] Disaster Area: basically to get heal bell mightyena
[00:18] Disaster Area: get heal bell poochyena and evolve
[00:18] Disaster Area: simple as that

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the showdown server? I keep disconnecting and stuff and I don't know if it's just because of my crappy wifi or a legit problem.

Hi, I was playing some Balanced Hackmons today.

I have a Mega-Rayquaza with Chill Drive and Techno Blast, which was targeted by Entrainment, which gave it Normalize. Techno Blast should have landed (since acording to Bulbapedia, "Hidden Power, Weather Ball, Natural Gift, Judgment and Techno Blast are not affected by Normalize") but it didn't:

The opposing Steelix-Mega used Entrainment!
Rayquaza-Mega acquired Normalize!

Rayquaza-Mega used Techno Blast!
It doesn't affect the opposing Steelix-Mega...

The opposing Steelix-Mega was hurt by its burn!
Rayquaza-Mega is hurt by Infestation!
Replay: (Turn 5)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-292852237

I have a Mega-Rayquaza with Chill Drive and Techno Blast, which was targeted by Entrainment, which gave it Normalize. Techno Blast should have landed (since acording to Bulbapedia, "Hidden Power, Weather Ball, Natural Gift, Judgment and Techno Blast are not affected by Normalize") but it didn't:

OP said:
look up the relevant moves/abilities/items on Veekun and the first post of the Smogon Research thread. Don't look on Serebii, Bulbapedia, or Smogon's own dex, they are too unreliable.
Veekun said:
Moves that inflict typeless damage do so as usual. Moves of variable type, such as Hidden Power, are affected. They otherwise work as usual, however; Weather Ball, for example, is always forced to be Normal, but it still has doubled power and looks different during weather.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Tested this with a friend in-game. Can confirm Normalize does not affect Techno Blast's type, and it will remain the type of the drive held.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)