The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to root for the Jags, they've endured so long of a period of mediocrity it's nice to see their fans have legit hope for the coming years. The Raiders too. It's also a good sign because the more competitive teams there are the more exciting each year will be come playoff time because nobody will be able to predict who wins it all. It's kind of boring just watching the same 2-3 teams destroy everyone.
Pretty much exactly this^ I've been quietly rooting for the Jags and Vikings a bit and I'm glad to see the Raiders doing well

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Man, no one talked about the Bills/Jets game? Bills now sit in first wild card spot. (Yes, I know it was a terrible game; all TNF games are.)

It has to end up being 2 of Oakland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, NY Jets. We have some interesting tiebreakers going around, like Pittsburgh > Oakland and Oakland > NY, plus the division games between the Bills and Jets.

I think any of these four teams can hand the Colts a loss in the wild card round. The Broncos are also possible to beat if they end up as the 3rd seed. We were about to win before one of our receivers didn't look for the ball and Chris Harris did.

I'm excited to see where this AFC race goes. Right now Patriots > all but football is crazy so you never know. I'm just glad my Raiders are in the hunt considering the best season I've seen as a fan was 4-12...

It has to end up being 2 of Oakland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, NY Jets. We have some interesting tiebreakers going around, like Pittsburgh > Oakland and Oakland > NY, plus the division games between the Bills and Jets.

I think any of these four teams can hand the Colts a loss in the wild card round. The Broncos are also possible to beat if they end up as the 3rd seed. We were about to win before one of our receivers didn't look for the ball and Chris Harris did.

I'm excited to see where this AFC race goes. Right now Patriots > all but football is crazy so you never know. I'm just glad my Raiders are in the hunt considering the best season I've seen as a fan was 4-12...
Unlike earlier in this thread, I have hope for the Colts. I don't think we'll be anywhere close to the hype I had but whether or not they can get past the WC Round depends on the opponent. We could possibly beat Oakland, but the Jets and Bills beat us this season. As for Pittsburgh, we can win in the regular season since Big Ben will be rusty and still won't be 100% but if the Steelers get a WC spot, they'll have momentum even without Bell, and they can beat us. I also have no idea if the Jets' and Bills' midseason slack is gonna affect how they can play in the playoffs despite them beating us earlier in the year.

Football isn't just one play dude, the Broncos would blow out the Raiders if they did end up with the third seed. The Raiders are mediocre as hell still and that isn't some sort of measuring stick of where they're at. The Broncos were on the road, against an above .500 team with literally 0 offense and the Raiders still lost. At home, with an effective offense the Raiders are going to get blown out and it won't be close. Carr, at home couldn't score any points after the second quater facing 0 pressure from the opposing offense yet it came down to one play? Please the Raiders are a joke compared to the Broncos especially if Peyton doesn't get worse(because it can always get worse).

It's also funny how this Patriots > than all meme won't die. The best offenses get hype but are never the best teams and even if the Pats ended 15-1/16-0 and the Broncos ended 12-4 the Broncos would still be the best team, and that's an extreme example considering the win/loss difference between the two won't be as big as 3/4. Yeah those 2011 Pats sure taught that crappy team that got outscored in the regular season a lesson!

Anyway, it's time Eli and Odell show the league how to handle the Pats. Enjoy your -0 season pats fans while it lasts.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Carr's been absolutely balling out since the bye week, though. He's playing much, MUCH better than Peyton. It honestly comes down to whether or not the Raiders' defense can get their shit together.

Cowboys' season is over if we don't win this weekend. Even if we run the table with Romo 9-7 doesn't guarantee division and probably doesn't make wildcard. 10-6, on the other hand, might do it.

Of course, this is assuming we'll be able to beat the Panthers. And the Packers in Lambeau. fml

i agree with you, some hero.... offense wins games, but defense wins championships. giants 2007, giants 2011, seahawks 2013 (an example of a great defense taking out THE best regular season offense of all time). the broncos learned this lesson in 2013 and that's why they've built up their defense to become the league's best since that loss. its a shame peyton has regressed the way he has, though. if he was still playing at the level of last year, the broncos would easily be the best in the league and there wouldn't even be a debate.

i can't wait till pats and broncos face off, that will be theeeee game of the season.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
>patriots D being bad

ok some hero, ok.

for the last fucking time, TEAMS win championships. All of those teams you mentioned that won based off of defense had good offenses too. Also, we can point to defensive teams that won championships, but there are plenty of offensive teams with meh defenses that have won too (hi 2006 colts nice 377 rushing yards allowed vs. the Jags lolololol).

Patriots D IS bad. Terrible in fact. Doesn't matter when you got an offense like theirs though that cripples the opposing offense. It's definitely not better than the 2014 Cowboys d.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The last "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS" actually to win the Super Bowl was probably the Buccaneers in 2002, definitely the Ravens in 2000. The last one to MAKE the Super Bowl were the Bears in 2006 season, where Rex Grossman & Co. got crushed by Peyton Manning. The Seahawks in 2013 had a great defense, but saying that won them the game completely overlooks how awesome and balanced their offensive attack was.

So, please, let's put that terrible cliché to bed one and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)