Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like there was some news in CoroCoro after all...

serebii.net said:
Pokémon 2016

In this month's issue of CoroCoro, it has a page detailing what will be in the next issue. In this, it has a note stating that big Pokémon news for 2016 will be revealed in the issue. Typically, in the issues released in December, the first details of the next movie are revealed, but the issue doesn't clarify if this is what it is referring to. The magazine is due for release on December 15th and we'll cover the news as and when it comes so keep checking back

Then again, it could simply be details about the next movie.

Some news is good news. Be interesting to have a Zygrade movie when we have Zygrade in the anime

I would love Amiibos for Pokkenn
It's been confirmed that Pokken will have amiibo support, but the only known compatible amiibo is the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card. I was poking fun at Animal Crossing: Amiibo festival, which is a full-price game that requires amiibos to play.

Back to the original topic, I found it highly unlikely that the direct would announce Z, but rather they'd use a separate direct, a Pokemon Direct, to announce it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am placing my money on movie details as well as a reveal (or at least a silhouette) of Volcanion, and minor Anime details (possibly about Zygarde). I would be very surprised if they announced Pokémon Z next issue of CoroCoro.

Pokemon Picross is getting released in December
the RBY port will be on VC in February

Which probably means that news on the Gen6 sequel can get stalled until February/March
December news is likely going to be the first half of the official third movie title.

Volcanion probably won't get revealed until maybe two months before the next movie.

-sigh- And they kept us so busy with news updates for the last four main-series releases, too...

Morning or night? Cause if it's morning, it's happening in 5 and a half hours.
It airs at like, 6pm US Central Time Saturday evening. There are usually a few streaming channels that play it anyway.

But the most we're gonna get will probably be an announcement about some upcoming anime episodes.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
We got nothing :(
Just him talking about Pokemon music and how his hair kinda looks like Psyduck's hairstyle.

I'm reaching the end of m-my limits here Nintendo... Hhow much longer will I have to ... endure this ... teasing?? (;△;)

Edit: so I released my frustration into writing this lovely haiku (◡‿◡✿)

-clears throat-

Patience is virtue
Yet I am far from holy
It's high time for Z

(ಠ益ಠ)

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Metroid is arguably the most neglected of Nintendo's iconic franchises (there are very few games compared to the others + there was a 5 year gap between Other M and the announcement of spin-off Federation Force), while Mega Man is essentially dead bar the 3DS compilation of classic titles announced during that last Direct.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think I'm starting to worry. Maybe there are problems with either Z or Gen 7, causing the delay.
A few days ago, Ken Sugimori said he was very stressed on his Twitter.

I think I'm starting to worry. Maybe there are problems with either Z or Gen 7, causing the delay.
A few days ago, Ken Sugimori said he was very stressed on his Twitter.
That's a possibility. They do have to finish the generation and get Gen VII ready for whatever the next console is, unless they can magically stretch an entire other generation onto the 3DS. (Hey, they got two complete generations on the original DS.)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
That's a possibility. They do have to finish the generation and get Gen VII ready for whatever the next console is, unless they can magically stretch an entire other generation onto the 3DS. (Hey, they got two complete generations on the original DS.)
As I said on the previous page, I think the next console will come soon enough that there's no time for an entire new Pokémon generation on the 3DS. However, not soon enough that one Pokémon game alone could keep fans happy through the entire waiting time. What they do now is extending the longevity of ORAS, so that the waiting period after Z won't be too long. It's better to have ORAS -> 1.5 years -> Z -> 1.5 years -> Gen VII; than ORAS -> 1 year -> Z -> 2 years -> Gen VII, after all.

Also, Pokémon has never been a launch title for new consoles. It might be that the NX will come out shortly after Z, and that its first Pokémon games will be out after a year or so. I don't think Game Freak are obliged to have a new Pokémon game ready for launch day. And even if so, it would make even less sense to postpone Z.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Metroid is arguably the most neglected of Nintendo's iconic franchises (there are very few games compared to the others + there was a 5 year gap between Other M and the announcement of spin-off Federation Force), while Mega Man is essentially dead bar the 3DS compilation of classic titles announced during that last Direct.
Ahem, you forgot about F-Zero where they outright said a new game didn't come out because they just couldn't think of what to do...so we got updated tracks for it in Mario Kart 8.

As I said on the previous page, I think the next console will come soon enough that there's no time for an entire new Pokémon generation on the 3DS. However, not soon enough that one Pokémon game alone could keep fans happy through the entire waiting time. What they do now is extending the longevity of ORAS, so that the waiting period after Z won't be too long. It's better to have ORAS -> 1.5 years -> Z -> 1.5 years -> Gen VII; than ORAS -> 1 year -> Z -> 2 years -> Gen VII, after all.

Also, Pokémon has never been a launch title for new consoles. It might be that the NX will come out shortly after Z, and that its first Pokémon games will be out after a year or so. I don't think Game Freak are obliged to have a new Pokémon game ready for launch day. And even if so, it would make even less sense to postpone Z.
Sounds logical. But almost an entire year has passed since the release of ORAS (21 November 2014), and there's usually about 6 months in between announcements for a new Pokemon game and the actual release. If they were going to release it in 1.5 years, there should have been/be an announcement right about now. There's a lot of tension in the air, that's for sure. Z could be announced any moment now, but with all this teasing I never know what to expect. I get my hopes up easily so every time there's a new possibility of Z being announced I almost throw a party in advance, only to learn that it was just a tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)