Gen 6 OUbers Tournament (Won by Cirdec)

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 1

Funeral Dress vs Master Sunny-EX
Mr.378 vs Peli
WreckDra vs Dr Ciel
Znain vs Mega-Swampert
astroboy vs oml it's too ez
sand1234 vs Jetplane
shrang vs Arifeen
Shakeem Jabbar vs 0kay
Starmei vs HaxED
magsyy vs haxiom
asterat vs Krauersaut
ZoroarkForever vs Shiny Girl
benbe vs Cirdec
Lord Outrage vs ShadowQuinn
DracoMaster Dab vs Alex Walls
littlelucario vs Gunner Rohan
Monsters of Men vs Funbot28
NotAGymLdr vs Edgar
hyw vs Salvation
Aurora vs Confide.
Level 56 vs GiantWhirlpool
Pohjis vs Disaster Area
Astounded vs Serga
absdaddy vs Cranham

Deadline is Wednesday November 25nd at 11:59 PM EST

Yay arbitary bans on stag and geomancy are fantastic
The bans weren't arbitrary. For this tour I decided to eliminate everything that had banning controversy in gen 6. After a couple users pointed out that a ban on Tag and Power Herb + Geomancy might not be entirely needed, I asked a few different users for their opinions on their mater and there wasn't really a "yea this tour would certainly be much more fun and / or interesting with those elements unbanned", so I decided to keep the original format. If it becomes overwhelmingly clear in the early rounds that there is great benefit from having said elements unbanned we can always play later rounds with those elements allowed. It's just not possible to please everyone.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
whilst i'm sure my opp's decent in regular ORAS.. they're pretty ass at this meta.

I'm clearly a worse battler tho, lost 2-0, ggs.

If anyone wants teams, hmu, that's clearly where my strength lies n___n

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
ekiller is... worse in this meta, genesect is justifiable as a (sole) check, albeit unreliable
yeah confirming this. Not great teambuilding on my part w.r.t that team though, also really only locked gene/weakened+locked into spout specsogre are feasible set up opportunities for non-Lum, Lum can set up on Dialga too (which has Twave) but that's easier to check cos it's weaker.

And I think what i was trying to say last night came from being upset from losing, and feeling my opponent was using poor sets/mons - stuff like lava plume don for example was really rare in XY, as was reshiram which was ass still. Not thaaaat much has changed from there to this tier - msab makes lava plume more interesting, but u 2HKO most of the time with adamant earth plate, and you have dragon tail at your disposal too. Still, pohjis won, best of luck to him. I'll happily even give him teams/advice on his teams lol.. I find teambuilding more fun than playing in this meta tbh, and I'm a pretty ass battler outside of my areas of expertise [mainly rby]
Funeral Dress vs Master Sunny-EX get teams from me btw bud
Mr.378 vs Peli either way, both have a lil experience
WreckDra vs Dr Ciel m90 I'll give u teams if u need
Znain vs Mega-Swampert
astroboy vs oml it's too ez idk
sand1234 vs Jetplane idk
shrang vs Arifeen
Shakeem Jabbar vs 0kay
Starmei vs HaxED Highlight match of round 1 | let me know when ur gonna play
magsyy vs haxiom Other highlight match of round 1 | ^
asterat vs Krauersaut
ZoroarkForever
vs Shiny Girl
benbe vs Cirdec
Lord Outrage vs ShadowQuinn
DracoMaster Dab vs Alex Walls
littlelucario vs Gunner Rohan already complete
Monsters of Men vs Funbot28 does BL0 experience help? idts
NotAGymLdr vs Edgar Probably really good too
hyw vs Salvation
Aurora vs Confide.
Level 56
vs GiantWhirlpool
Pohjis vs Disaster Area
Astounded vs Serga
absdaddy vs Cranham

Last edited:

hyw

Banned deucer.
Minority Suspect how is the ban regarding Shadow Tag being controversial relevant at all to the mechanics of this metagame, it being banned initially was a result of moderators abusing their power and conducting the voting process in a hilariously inappropriate manner; it ended up being competitive and a nuturing-factor of the metagame from DPP all the way to ORAS,,, xd Anyway, my opponent has demonstrated zero effort in scheduling a time with me thus far, so in case this behavior continues, I would like to call activity.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The bans weren't arbitrary. For this tour I decided to eliminate everything that had banning controversy in gen 6. After a couple users pointed out that a ban on Tag and Power Herb + Geomancy might not be entirely needed, I asked a few different users for their opinions on their mater and there wasn't really a "yea this tour would certainly be much more fun and / or interesting with those elements unbanned", so I decided to keep the original format. If it becomes overwhelmingly clear in the early rounds that there is great benefit from having said elements unbanned we can always play later rounds with those elements allowed. It's just not possible to please everyone.
Can we ban Thunder Wave too then :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)