The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

More cheating on the Nuzlocke! I continue to send in my Aurourus, Borealis, against Lysandre's Honchrow, forgetting it knows Steel Wing.... I promise next time it will die. I promise myself. I'm getting better at this, I let Venusaur and Floette die, next time I MUST let him die! Also cheating on Lucario because I want a mega.

Reactions: JES
More cheating on the Nuzlocke! I continue to send in my Aurourus, Borealis, against Lysandre's Honchrow, forgetting it knows Steel Wing.... I promise next time it will die. I promise myself. I'm getting better at this, I let Venusaur and Floette die, next time I MUST let him die! Also cheating on Lucario because I want a mega.
...let the Aurorus go, man. Let it go while you can bring yourself to do it and not keep "cheating" on your Nuzlocke.

If you're gonna cheat, do it right, and don't tell us you're cheating! Remember, it never happened unless you say it did.

Brought a Boldore to Elesa's gym in a Black Nuzlocke, thinking I was hot stuff since it knew rock blast and had high defense.... kinda forgetting that Boldore's SP def sucks total voltorb-ballz and that Elesa just LOVES to use Volt-Switch.....

That, and losing a lvl 18 timburr to a lvl 13 Tympole because I kept trying to run away while it hammered away at my Timburr's HP....

When I first got Pokemon Ruby I had no idea what I was doing. Made my starter my HM slave, sold my Exp. Share and used my Master Ball on a Graveler. But the most facepalm-worthy thing I've ever done was release the Groudon I just caught because I didn't want it at the time. I thought I could encounter it again in the wild smh.

Oh and on my save file that had 1000+ hours on it, well, funny story, it was the same Pokemon Ruby file. I played the same game for 3 years and miraculously didn't get too bored. I let my uncle play the game and he showed me something I thought was new. What I saw on the screen was the character inside the moving truck with boxes. Of course, after playing the game for so long, I completely forgot how it started. So I got all excited and saved the game. When I went to check my Pokemon, there weren't any. Then I realized. Oops. And to think, I was only missing Latias and Kingdra :/

i would sometimes save up my rare candies, thinking i'll need them for sure later on, get really great items, but 300 max repels, and end up stop playing the game (since the new generation came out, etc)... use your bag well kids

I thought Female Hippowdon was a shiny and I freaked out when I saw one
I caught a Shiny Hippowdon but traded it with my friend because I thought it was a regular (the coloring had no difference whatsoever)
I spent an hour trying to catch the Flabebe that would become AZ's Floette (I was just a noob at the time :S )
I defeated EVERY SINGLE LEGENDARY because of crits and highpowered moves (I didnt know of soft-resetting at the time )
I thought breeding a Voltorb with an Amoonguss (or was it Foongus, i dont remember) might yield a Pokeball.

Good times....

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I thought Skarmory was a legendary Pokemon and Torkoal was the final evolution of the Slugma family! First post on this thread that isn't a big story...
Odd story about the Skarmory being confused for a Legendary. There is TCG art of Skarmory which has it flying alongside Lugia and Ho-Oh. While I knew Skarmory wasn't a Legendary this did confuse me and made me think maybe at one point Skarmory was meant to a Legendary and this a concept artwork or something, lol.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think we have a misconceptions thread somewhere for stories like that. Give me a minute to rummage through our archives...

EDIT: Could it be this one? I was certain we used to have a lengthy thread about "silly things you used to believe" or something like that...

Last edited:
Speaking of wasting balls, I had a facepalm moment while searching for an Intimidate Scraggy in my Alpha Sapphire game.

I threw a Quick Ball at the first Scraggy I saw, forgetting that Intimidate would take effect at the beginning of the battle. Thus, I wasted a perfectly good Quick Ball on a useless Scraggy. (I did eventually get the Intimidate Scraggy I was looking for, though.)

I hadn't had many facepalm moments mainly cause by the tine I started playing Pokémon, I already knew about conpetitive EV training, shinies and stuff.

However, my most facepalm worthy thing I did was the day I brought my shiny, competitively trained Choice Specs Unown (!) to Battle Mainson. Turn 1 a Torrent Frogadier uses Hydro Pump and OHKOes it. I obviously didn't try it again after that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)