The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also say that Dez Beyant, DT, Megatron, Hopkins, and TY are better than Odell. Odell has the potential to become better in the future but this is only his 2nd year in the league. Let's not hype him up too much. Ok maybe not TY but I'm a Colts fan dammit, TY is also extremely underrated...
Megatron is done. As sad as that makes me. I'm hoping next year he has one final great year or something. But yeah, he's done. Hopkins is criminally underrated(not by me though) but he isn't better than ODB or Brown. I'd say he's as good as Dez. Anyway, it's weird how you failed to mention Julio who is a top 3 wide receiver along with ODB and Brown. Out of those 3 i'd take ODB because he's been the most productive since he became the starter. And no, as much as i like Hilton he isn't that good.

Hmmmmmm.....

So outside of one fluke play (which was mainly McCourty's fault for basically taking Butler out of the play after the catch was made and letting OBJ getting an extra 65 YAC) Butler held him to 3 Receptions for 17 Yards. Seems like a shutdown performance, at least in my eyes.
Wow! If he "shuts down" every receiver like that, he'd let receivers end with 1600 and 16 tds in a full season! Amazing! Someone give this man the ALL PRO award already!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm not saying Edelman is on the level of Marshall, Hopkins et al but obviously you don't need a HoF-level quarterback throwing you the ball to look good as a receiver. They can help bad receivers look good and throw Randy Moss 23 touchdowns, though.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyway, it's weird how you failed to mention Julio who is a top 3 wide receiver along with ODB and Brown. Out of those 3 i'd take ODB because he's been the most productive since he became the starter.
In what universe has ODB been more productive than Brown? Brown has like 1200 catches and 14,000 yards over the last season and a half

EDIT: Just for the sake of proof, this season Antonio Brown has 79 catches for 1141 yards at an average of 114.1 yards per game and 14.4 yards per catch. This includes several games being thrown to by 2nd and third string QBs. ODB has 63 catches for 863 yards, 86.3 yards per game and 13.7 yards per catch. The only stat ODB has higher is TDs, which can easily be attributed to the fact that Pittsburgh has 9 rushing TDs vs 3 for the Giants. If you want to include last season, we really can only go by ypg and ypc since ODB was out, which shows his numbers to be a little better (14.3 ypc vs 13.2 ypc, 108.8 ypg vs 106.1 ypg). You could make the argument that ODB was more productive last season, but it's only a marginal difference. Brown has clearly been more productive this season, and he's done so without a real QB half the time.

In conclusion: Brown is better than ODB and has been more productive overall since ODB started playing. Have a pleasant day.

Last edited:
Megatron is done. As sad as that makes me. I'm hoping next year he has one final great year or something. But yeah, he's done. Hopkins is criminally underrated(not by me though) but he isn't better than ODB or Brown. I'd say he's as good as Dez. Anyway, it's weird how you failed to mention Julio who is a top 3 wide receiver along with ODB and Brown. Out of those 3 i'd take ODB because he's been the most productive since he became the starter. And no, as much as i like Hilton he isn't that good.

Wow! If he "shuts down" every receiver like that, he'd let receivers end with 1600 and 16 tds in a full season! Amazing! Someone give this man the ALL PRO award already!
Whoops, that was my bad. I knew I was forgetting somebody.
ODB is not better than Julio or Brown. I'd say Dez should be in the top 3 instead of ODB. ODB is extremely overrated. He's a good player no doubt but the fact that people like you overhype the fuck out of him is annoying.
I was mostly just joking about putting Hilton in that conversation but he is good.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hilton is definitely one of the better #1 receivers out there, I'll give you that.

My top 10 NFL receivers list probably looks something like:
Antonio Brown
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Larry Fitzgerald
Demariyus Thomas
Deandre Hopkins
Odell Beckham Jr.
A.J. Green
Brandon Marshall

Obviously there's a lot of room for debate on that list, but yea. Hilton's probably somewhere in the next 5 with Travis Benjamin, Amari Cooper, and whichever of JAX's Allen's is better (or maybe both of them - haven't watched a ton of Jags games this year).

Megatron isn't done, but Brown's better than him this year.

Of course, my bias could be causing me to overrate Dez/underrate ODB. Someone reality check me on this.

Wth all this WR talk , I really wish KB was here this year :(

At least there is next season, Ginn is a much better WR3 than WR1.

Also we need to get Chris Matthews, who was just released. He could help with Cam's accuracy.

Last edited:

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Chris Matthews is just a big target, he will make Cam's accuracy stat better, not his throwing accuracy though.

Top 10 receivers:
Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
DeAndre Hopkins
Odell Beckham
AJ Green
Julian Edelman
Randall Cobb

I would think he's just ranking WR performances from this year only, but Dez is 3rd so idk

Edit: got ninjad, but yes Nelson is (was) definitely better than Cobb.

Julio & AB are the only two complete receivers in the NFL. I'd argue that they are the only ones who can do everything at the receiver position, and do it exceptionally well. Some of the others may seem close, but I think those two are far and away the best two receivers in the game right now and are in a tier of their own. Honestly, except for Calvin Johnson in 2012, the way they've both played in the last two years are probably the best we've seen in a long time.

At the current pace they're on, they will basically be tied for 3rd/4th (Julio leads by 0.2 yards/game, lol) at the end of the year with 1820+ receiving yards, only behind Rice '95 (1848) and Megatron '12 (1964). Brown's is probably more impressive, as he played several games with terrible QBs (in 5 basically full games with Ben, he averages 160 yards/game... even if you take out his insane 284 yard game against Oakland, it's 140/game) and definitely has a chance to break the record. These are two very good receivers in the heights of their careers right now, and I really don't think a third name should be mentioned with them when it comes to the greatest WR right now.

This is my own list of WRs:
1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. Dez Bryant
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Demaryius Thomas
6. Jordy Nelson
7. AJ Green
8. DeAndre Hopkins
9. Odell Beckham Jr
10. Larry Fitzgerald

Hmmmmmm.....

So outside of one fluke play (which was mainly McCourty's fault for basically taking Butler out of the play after the catch was made and letting OBJ getting an extra 65 YAC) Butler held him to 3 Receptions for 17 Yards. Seems like a shutdown performance, at least in my eyes.
Malcolm Butler did more in one play than Odell Beckham has done in his entire career.

we get our first look at Rashad Greene tomorrow, and i think Marquis is finally healthy.

Jags passing game is looking scary good and i'm so happy.

Larry Fitz, Megatron and Brandon Marshall are definitely not top 10 wide receivers. A couple years ago, sure, but they're all done already. Also, i never really liked Jordy and i don't really think much of him. Anyone who gets to play with Rodgers is unworthy of top 10 status imo.

Malcolm Butler did more in one play than Odell Beckham has done in his entire career.
Good for him, he's still a mediocre nobody that got burnt by the best WR in the league. He can keep his play, i'd rather have ODB and his all time great stats. But that's okay, you seem to be a fan of mediocre players.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
man, speaking of fanboyism, why isn't Sammy Watkins on any of those liOH that's right because he's only played with a real QB for 2-3 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)