Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Cloud's Fair looks like it spikes about as much as Fox's Shine spikes, which is to say you can thank gravity for the downward trajectory. I guess that is called a spike but w/e. Bicycle kick hitboxes on a disjointed forward air is still nice regardless...

I'm looking forward to playing Cloud, Wolf, and Shovel Knight in Smash 4.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cloud's Fair looks like it spikes about as much as Fox's Shine spikes, which is to say you can thank gravity for the downward trajectory. I guess that is called a spike but w/e. Bicycle kick hitboxes on a disjointed forward air is still nice regardless...

I'm looking forward to playing Cloud, Wolf, and Shovel Knight in Smash 4.
No Cloud's fair from the trailer looked like it spikes the same way Mario's does. It straight up sends you downwards and in a tech position.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Q: It's Square-Enix that owns the rights to FF7/Cloud, correct? FF has mostly been a Sony franchise, but there have been the DS Remakes+ Enhancements as well. I still imagine someone at Sony is raging because Cloud was one of the central chars that put PS on the gaming map.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Well, Nintendo also put Final Fantasy on the map to begin with.

Not that it matters, Sony has effectively no power over Square-Enix's copyrights/trademarks anyways, not that they'd bother to fight that considering how immeasurably small their console division is compared to the rest of their company as a whole. This isn't even a blip on their radar.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sony doesn't have any rights to Cloud or FF7 at all. Being on someone's system does not mean they have any rights to your ip, or that you can't put that game on other systems (which 7 was).

And they have no place being mad when they fucked up and only put lame characters in All-Stars. It's not like Smash stole Cloud. Sony didn't pursue that.

Assuming they don't just stop patching this game, Sheik's framedata isn't going to go untouched as long as she's dominating the scene, so we'll have to wait and see if you're right when they tweak it.

I'm going to hedge my bets on Sheik will be fine even after she takes some more nerfs though. After Greninja they seem to have learned to not gut characters in patches, so she'll probly still linger around in top 10 even after they throw some more serious nerfs her way.

Or maybe they'll just buff everyone else instead. Who knows.
Sheik's frame data has always been great. It's a part of her character. It's not going anywhere.

Leo is my favorite. Lil 14 year old picking up a dead character and challenging Zero with it. Please bring him to the US to compete and destroy all of the sheiks.

edit: moyashi and leo HYPE

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
>mk
>dead character

I mean Leo probably is the one who popularized mk/sjowed everyone his potential but MK is a very strong contender for top 10 imo

That's pretty much what happened. Popular opinion of MK used to be pretty poor. He's still pretty lacking in several departments, namely range/spacing tools, lol.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
It's a real shame PM got taken down so suddenly without any notice, and it's sad the dev team may have felt enough pressure to nuke the very thing they put so much effort into (if the rumors are to be believed). I wish the best for them, and for all the members of the PM community.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
I need C.Falcon's bad matchups (apparently zoning characters) and who covers them, please.
Pikachu and Sheik are his worst MUs in my experience. They tend to dominate the neutral against him pretty easily and can zone and outspace him out to avoid most of Falcon's approach options. Falcon's subpar ground game also add to these factors. Both have amazing offstage game as well: with CF's average recovery, he's easily gimpable.

Pikachu has the insane mobility, speed and a decent projectile so CF can't really go ultra agressive against him, has issues with punishes because of Pikachu's super safe moveset, and has issues comboing him because of his small model.
Sheik is pretty obvious but well she has the freaking needles - which is most likely the best projectile of the game - and outranges most of Falcon moves. Also Falcon being a fast faller + heavy character makes him a super easy target for Sheik bread and butter combos. Needless to say, Sheik's frame data is close to flawless so the punish game for Falcon is even harder than Pikachu.

If you are talking about doubles options for coverage I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge of 2x2, but the Mario bros usually counters Pikachu decently (especially Luigi). Sheik, well... good luck.

If you are talking about doubles options for coverage I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge of 2x2, but the Mario bros usually counters Pikachu decently (especially Luigi). Sheik, well... good luck.
Nah, I was thinking about picking up characters that can beat them in 1v1. Apparently Mario (and Doc by extension) does well against campy characters but I'm not too sure about Sheik.

Maybe ZSS for the Sheik matchup as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)