Serious Catalonia's independence

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, I can say the same for all languages that come from romance or germanic languages. that's not mutually intelligible, that's language closeness due to sharing roots. Mutually intelligible languages mean two people can speak in their language in a normal way and they'll understand eachother, and that only happens with dialects of the same language. I assure you people whose first language is Spanish wouldn't know what "menjar" or "cogombres" are, you probably wouldn't know either as even though they look similar to French "manger" and "concombres" and the latter to the English "cocomber", the pronunciation is quite different. You only got it because it's a written text which also gives examples on other languages.

De mica en mica s'omple la pica.
Setze jutges d'un jutjat mengen fetges d'un penjat.
So what does this mean? Can you even guess what's this in Spanish without checking a dictionary or Google Translate? Would you even know how those two sentences are pronounced?

Native spanish speaker here. The only thing I can say in Catalan is "més que un club" and "adeu".

Spanish and Catalan are not pretty close at all. From my personal experience, it's pretty damn easy to communicate with native Portugese speakers using Spanish. It's doable with Italian speakers, but significantly harder. You cannot do this with French or Catalan speakers, because even if there are some similarities between Spanish and those languages, they are just too different.

Semi understanding some written words on the internet means absolutely nothing. Try actually talking with people

Something about judges and filling something and eating I dunno. I did overstate the intelligibility between Catalan and Spanish and I probably have slight edge in that I also speak in English and studied French for a bit but Catalan in the context of a conversation is usually understandable to me. I've only ever listened to Catalan online but this year I'm visiting Catalonia (not just Barcelona) so I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry for bumping, but:
1. I was right about Mas and CDC, they are stopping this because he wants muh money.
2. Catalonia has increased police surveillance and control due to the jihaidist menace, including a new protocol in the works to detect indoctrination in schools due to the massive number of muslims there. Guess who was right about this as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)