Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I'm trying to build a team for the Festive Feud, and Showdown is showing Drought as an illegal ability. I don't see anything in the official rules banning any abilities; am I missing something or is this a bug in Showdown?

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Reminder that the rules for Festive Feud are Triple Battles, and Red / Green / White Pokemon only.

Only 3 Pokemon get Drought. Groudon is banned, Vulpix is Brown, and Ninetales is Yellow. Nothing can have it on the format.

Reminder that the rules for Festive Feud are Triple Battles, and Red / Green / White Pokemon only.

Only 3 Pokemon get Drought. Groudon is banned, Vulpix is Brown, and Ninetales is Yellow. Nothing can have it on the format.
You forgot Mega Charizard Y, which is Red and is what I was planning on using.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You're right.

It's still perfectly usable.

You're likely giving Drought to regular Charizard, which is definitely illegal.

Well, according to this screenshot, I'm giving Drought to MegaZard Y.

All the Megas suffer from that visual... bug/glitch/whatever.

(Disclaimer: Not 100% sure this is the reason, but it's my best guess)
When you go to add a -Mega to your team in teambuilder, it considers it as the base form - as you can't start a game as Mega - which makes the Mega's ability show up as "Illegal". Long as it's the proper Mega ability it will never prevent you from battling(Validate button also doesn't complain). It's sort of like how you could give -Megas their base abilities before they were added to teambuilder, despite being marked "Illegal".

Is it possible to hack Pokemon Showdown? Is there some error that allows your pokemon to live with 1% health when they would otherwise not (wasn't using a Focus Sash nor was the pokemon Sturdy)?

I believe I just played against a cheater, and lost because he cheated.

Is it possible to hack Pokemon Showdown? Is there some error that allows your pokemon to live with 1% health when they would otherwise not (wasn't using a Focus Sash nor was the pokemon Sturdy)?

Nope, it's impossible. Anything you might think is cheating is either a misunderstanding of game mechanics, bad luck, or very rarely a glitch.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Echoing Trickster. If you think there was a potential error in your game, save a replay.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Main server is down right now, I will edit this post when it will be fixed.

EDIT: Fixed

Last edited:
Does PS not work with proxies? It used to but it stopped recently

Is there a problem with proxies and using showdown's servers?

Mod edit: merged into a single post because double posts are not required here at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use proxies to join PS and battle, but usually you'll be automatically locked from talking, as a precautionary thing. This precaution exists because proxies essentially opens up possibilities of evasion. A spammer could be using proxies to evade bans and proceed to spam with us being unable to stop them (As they can keep coming back under new IPs). If you're locked while using a proxy you only have to turn off the proxy, log out of your account, refresh ps a couple times and log back in. That should remove the temporary lock.

How do I save changes to a team in the team builder? I often find that I edit a Pokemon's moveset, close the application, open it, and the Pokemon has its original moves and not the new ones. I'm playing in the downloaded application, if that matters.

I apologize in advance because it seems like I am missing something pretty obvious.

Last edited:
There was a similar issue with the web version that was fixed, but I don't know if it was fixed in the downloadable version so that could be it. I recommend using the browser version over the downloadable one as you get faster updates on that and it's much less buggy.

Two questions:

1) Where can I see the most recent usage stats for OU and VGC15? The latest I can find is April

2) Why isn't there match timer in official tier battles (Battle Spot, VGC, etc)? I remember losing a match due to PP stall that I could've won by timeout if there was match time.

Two questions:

1) Where can I see the most recent usage stats for OU and VGC15? The latest I can find is April

2) Why isn't there match timer in official tier battles (Battle Spot, VGC, etc)? I remember losing a match due to PP stall that I could've won by timeout if there was match time.
1) http://smogon.com/stats/2015-10/
2) There's a 150 second timer in every format unless it's unrated, in which case the timer is 300 seconds. Just press the timer button or use the /timer command.

2) There's a 150 second timer in every format unless it's unrated, in which case the timer is 300 seconds. Just press the timer button or use the /timer command.
That's per turn, not per battle. Official tiers give timers that end the battle after it reaches 0, which are quite short

did the ladder reset remove all replays from the server? I have a bunch of replays that I had saved, but when I go to the links, the battles don't play. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)