ORAS PU TheMarowakRoom(Throh suspect)

Well, we have a new Tier, so we can make a cool team with some of the worst Pokemon on the metagame.

TEAM PREVIEW

Why this Team?
Well, I decided to make a Trick Room team, because Marowak is one of my favourites and is one of the most powerful on this Tier. Also play TR is always fun so let's go with the team.

Team in Depth
.............................................................................................................................................
@

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
0 IVs Spe
Brave Nature
Bonemerang|
|
Knock Off|
|
Fire Punch|
|
Thunder Punch|
|

Probably the win condition in 9/10 games. This thing doubles his attack thanks to Thick Club, so we have a Pokemon with 568 points in Attack, yeah unstoppable. Bonemerang or Earthquake because can break Focus Sash or Sturdy(Golem, Probopass, Kadabra). Knock Off of course because is Knock Off..you know. Last two moves are only for coverage, Thunder Punch kills Pelipper and other things like Gorebyss and finally Fire Punch kills Roselia and Tangela after Knock Off.
.............................................................................................................................................
@

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Def / 8 SpD
0 IVs Spe
Relaxed Nature
Trick Room|
|
Magic Coat|
|
Stealth Rock|
|
Explosion|
|

Carbink is probably the best Trick Room setter on this tier. Can learn Stealth Rock and Magic Coat to prevent Spikes or T-Spikes which is annoying for Trick Room. The last move is explosion, when you don't need Carbink anymore, just sack it and send your sweeper.
@

Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 Hp / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
0 Ivs Spe
Brave Nature
Storm Throw|
|
Knock Off|
|
Earthquake|
|
Bulk Up|
|

Pawniard is a big threat to all of Trick Room teams. Defeat Carbink with Iron Head and the other Trick Room setters with Knock Off, so we need a counter. Monferno and Throh are two of the bests but monferno is quickly and doesn't work on TR. So Throh is the best option. Storm Throw because always makes a critical hit, Knock Off for coverage, and finally I chose Earthquake to kill Stunfisk more easily and Bulk Up. Poison Jab is an option but I think that Bulk Up is better.
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpD
0 IVs Atk and Spe
Sassy Nature
Will-O-Wisp|
|
Hex|
|
Trick Room|
|
Memento|
|

My second and last Trick Room setter, Misdreavus is a great Special Wall, can take hits from Kadabra, Zebstrika..etc Pawniard is a Threat but we have Throh to stop it. WOW to burn someone, Hex to hit hard after the burn, and finally Memento to send a free Pokemon.
@

Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
0 IVs Atk and Spe
Quiet Nature
Psychic|
|
Signal Beam|
|
Thunderbolt|
|
Nasty Plot|
|

Not much to explain, Beheeyem is my Special Wall Breaker, if you have the chance, set up a Nasty Plot and kill someone. Psychic for STAB, Signal Beam to beat Exeggutor and other Psychics and T-Bolt just for coverage. If your opponent switch out Analytic makes the job.
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
0 IVs Atk
Timid Nature
Volt Switch|
|
Thunderbolt|
|
Blizzard|
|
Trick|
|

I think that any Trick Room team needs one Pokemon with Choice Scarf. I chose Rotom because is one of the best to clean at the late game. Volt Switch obligatory, Blizzard for STAB, Thunderbolt the second STAB and finally Trick to stop annoying walls.

Ladder and Threats

ladder pu.png

The main Threats to my team are entry hazards of course because I don't have any spinner of defogger

And well, Offensive water types like Choice Band Floatzel or Basculin

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-295720319
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pususpecttest-295674416

Hey man, looks like a pretty cool Trick Room team but I think you can optimize a couple of your sets and make a simple change to take the biggest threat off your threatlist.

For the smaller changes, you should use Mental Herb > Leftovers on Carbink. Leftovers on a hyper offense team don't make much sense, especially on a suicide Pokemon, Carbink won't be staying on the field for long enough for Leftovers to really make a difference. Mental Herb will guarantee that you can get up Trick Room and/or Stealth Rock against things like opposing Taunt Misdreavus and Taunt Vigoroth.

Also, you should consider Double Edge on Marowak > Fire Punch. Double Edge is enough to take care of most Grass types like Jumpluff and in general is much safer to spam if your opponent is trying to stall out Trick Room. With Rock Head, Marowak doesn't take recoil damage.

Finally, try using Ice Punch > Earthquake on Throh, which is extremely useful against Grass types, especially Jumpluff, and certain other Flying types. Earthquake is only really good for Arbok, which is handled easily by Marowak and Misdreavus.

For the last change, in order to at least have a stop to Choiced Water types from spamming their STAB moves, you should try Exeggutor > Beheeyem. While not quite as powerful, Exeggutor has quite a few benefits, such as an extremely useful secondary STAB move and a water resistance. Additionally, with max HP, Exeggutor has the bulk to survive Ice type coverage from Pokemon like Life Orb Simipour and Choice Specs Floatzel. The moves on Exeggutor would be Trick Room/Psychic/Giga Drain or Energy Ball with the fourth moveslot being a tossup between Sleep Powder, Hidden Power Fighting, and Ancientpower depending on what you're trying to hit. A simple max HP/max SpA spread with a Modest nature and a Life Orb are all you need.

Hope you find these changes useful man!

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hey Juancar_eng , for starters I suggest you expanding the description to not risk getting your thread locked.
Going into the rate, you might want to try Stone Edge over Thunder Punch on Marowak. Even though you miss the KO on things such as Gorebyss, you gain important ones against Vullaby, Articuno, Lapras etc., while you still 1HKO Pelipper. Missing the KO on Gorebyss doesn't matter a lot too, if its a little weakened you can kill it with Bonemerang, otherwise you still have Choice Scarf Rotom-F to revengekill it if Trick Room is up(if it's not up Gorebyss isn't even that big of a threat to your team), and Throh, which is able to tank an Hydro Pump if at full life.
Second of all, I don't really think running set up users on Trick Room is worth it as it sucks up turns and you can still be stopped before attempting a sweep, so I suggest you giving Throh a Choice Band set. This will allow you to still checks things such as Pawniard, while being way more threatening to the opponent without setting up Bulk Up first. Also running Choice Band will free you a slot for running another coverage move, which can be key especially in situations where you have to clean up the opposing team or break through a wall and you need specific coverage to do so.
Once you did that, and as you now have another wallbreaker, you can replace Beheeyem with Exeggutor. I agree with dodmen on this change, as you lack a Grass- and Water-type resist, so Exeggutor will be pretty useful as it can use Pokemon such as Floatzel locked in Hydro Pump / Waterfall as fodders to set up Trick Room by itself and wreak havoc. In fact, running Exeggutor with Trick Room will provide you with another setter, I think running 2 setters is be too risky in this metagame where you can get easily punished by fast offensive powerhouses when Trick Room isn't up, so you want to have it set up for as many time as possible. I also suggest you running Sleep Powder on Exeggutor, which will allow you to reset Trick Room when it's ticking down by putting the opponent on sleep while it's still up, or to just give free switch-ins to Throh and Marowak. You can choose between running Life Orb and Sitrus Berry. Life Orb will allow you to deal as much damage as possible and be a more efficient sweeper, while Sitrus Berry has a nice synergy with Harvest and Sleep Powder, and will allow you to be more durable, therefore check mostly Water-types with more constance. Also I think you should keep Leftovers on Carbink. Even if you are running HO Trick Room, Carbink is your only switch in for things such as Dodrio and Stoutland, and sacrificing or getting it weakened too early when you are up against these guys, will leave you uncovered against them, which can be detrimental when Trick Room isn't up. Also Magic Coat is basically there to also stop Taunt users, so replacing it with Mental Herb isn't going to help Carbink much.

Throh (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Exeggutor @ Life Orb / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Juancar_eng. Cool team concept but it could use some work.

Firstly, I agree what others have said about Exeggutor over Beheeyem. The only reason you should use beheeyem over exeggutor would be if you wanted analytic, but since this is a Trick Room team, Exeggutor would be better.

Next, I think you should try Substitute and Double-Edge over Thunder Punch and Fire Punch on Marowak. Those two moves don't actually add much coverage, as a super effective Punch is as strong as a neutral Boomerange. Substiute makes use for all the switches Marowak forces, and can help Marowak not get revenge killed after trick room has ended, while Double Edge provides better neutral coverage with the third move. I also agree with Dodmen that would be better for Throh than Earthquake, and also you should consider running Fist Plate to deal more damage, which helps you make more use out of the limited Trick Room turns you have.

Lastly, I would recommend using a faster Choice Scarf user than Rotom, as it cannot outspeed many set up sweepers if they have set up speed (mons such as Timid Gorebyss). I think Chatot would be a good replacement, as it can outspeed the relevant set up sweepers, it can U-turn out on rock/steel types to let eggy or throh revenge kill, and it also hits very hard so you can clean late game with it.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge
- Substitute

Throh (M) @ Fist Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bulk Up
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hey Juancar_eng, cool team here, and congratulations on your success! I'm a little late to getting to this rate, so you might see some repeating suggestions, but I'll try to improve your team as much as possible.

To begin with, as many above have suggested, I'm going to recommend you change Fire Punch --> Double-Edge on Marowak. Double-Edge provides nice neutral coverage, while Fire Punch isn't necessary since you already OHKO Roselia with Bonemerang and you come close to KOing Tangela with the combination of Knock Off + Double-Edge. Changing Thunder Punch --> Swords Dance is another option that allows you to still break through Pelipper after a boost and some prior damage, as well as helping against Pokemon such as Tangela once you've Knocked Off its Eviolite.

Secondly, I'm going to recommend you change Earthquake --> Stone Edge on Throh. Earthquake really isn't necessary for anything, as you're already dealing a ton of damage to Stunfisk, especially after a Bulk Up or two. Stone Edge allows you to mainly hit Flying-types such as Pelipper and Jumpluff, which can wall Throh pretty well. Beating these Flying-types is also really helpful for your Marowak, which you mention is often your win condition.

Like many above mentioned, I also recommend you change Beheeyem --> Exeggutor. It provides a nice Water resist, which you name in your threatlist, and also another Trick Room setter. Sleep Powder from it can be really helpful in preventing opposing Venipede / Whirlipede from getting up multiple layers of Spikes, and overall, Exeggutor just outclasses Beheeyem.

tl;dr

Fire Punch --> Double-Edge
Thunder Punch --> Swords Dance

Earthquake --> Stone Edge

Exeggutor @ Life Orb | Chlorophyll
248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD | Quiet
Sleep Powder / Leaf Storm / Psyshock or Psychic / Trick Room or Ancient Power

Hope I helped :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)