2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure politics play a part in the team selection and tactics. No way the calculating man plays all his attackers and go gung-ho with half-fit players while dropping others who have been selected for games. The likes of Bale, Benzema, Modric and James are not fit and it showed as they were simply outclassed and second to every ball.

Arsenal trying to reproduce Liverpool 2004/2005? You sure you can hit the ball like Gerrard against Olympiakos? XD

Bayern and Barca are in a league of their own at the moment.
seriously though, barca look unreal at the moment. Dismantled Madrid in Madrid then take Roma, a good Italian side, and put up 6 on them. Who wants to play them right now?

To be fair, they have got 3 of the world's best 5 attackers playing for them (heck, I'd even go as far as to say that Neymar and Suarez have both surpassed Ronaldo this season, with Lewandowski and Muller closing in on the Real Madrid attacker)

its going to be like 2010, when the ballon d'or top 3 were messi, xavi, iniesta. that was peak barca with the best midfield ever. now this will be peak barca with the best forward line ever. 1. messi 2. neymar 3. suarez

its going to be like 2010, when the ballon d'or top 3 were messi, xavi, iniesta. that was peak barca with the best midfield ever. now this will be peak barca with the best forward line ever. 1. messi 2. neymar 3. suarez
Agree but Suarez ahead of Neymar for me.

Ronaldo will be in there simply because he has too many fan boys not to be in there
His performances have been nowhere near the Barca trio though. Even his last Ballon d'Or was undeserved imo. It should have been Neuer or Robben.

One more thing, is it just me or is Paul Scholes being much more vocal in criticising Man U these days?

His performances have been nowhere near the Barca trio though. Even his last Ballon d'Or was undeserved imo. It should have been Neuer or Robben.

One more thing, is it just me or is Paul Scholes being much more vocal in criticising Man U these days?
oh I'm not disagreeing with you on that statement. But they will still have him at the ceremony and be forced to choose which other player goes in third behind the two despite how wrong it is

At 29, not many clubs would be willing to take him though, especially when he hasn't shown this kind of form before. Maybe Chelsea who are desperate for a striker will bid for Vardy? Really not sure what to make of it, has we seen someone to bloom as late as him?

De Bruyne was amazing last night, 1 goal and 2 assists, his vision was unreal, great game for him tbh, I hope he continues his form.

The London Derby is today, I can see Kane bangs 1 or maybe 2 goals today, also Chelsea are crawling back to their top form, so it's gonna be a good game to watch for sure.

Last edited:
At 29, not many clubs would be willing to take him though, especially when he hasn't shown this kind of form before. Maybe Chelsea who are desperate for a striker will bid for Vardy? Really not sure what to make of it, has we seen someone to bloom as late as him?
He might just stay with Leicester tbh. The constant playing time and goal scoring could keep him getting called up to england

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I'm surprised at myself for not being disappointed by today's result. Especially considering our position; a draw's no better than a loss. I suppose Spurs feel more like losers than we do though. On an unrelated note, have any of you ever taken the dizzy penalty challenge? Went out for a game with my friends after the derby and tried it for myself; I went around the ball twelve times (I'm 6'1) and could only graze the top of the ball with the sole of my boot as I fell lmao we laughed so hard. The others took it with relative ease as they're shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)