Ask a simple question - get a simple answer: PU edition

Where do I go to complain about PS cause this shit is rigged! I beat people on the suspect ladder and my ladder score and Coil ratting doesn't increase but If I lose it goes down :/ I can't even get a replay. This is the only proof I got:

Attachments

Last edited:
I can confirm that ladder is indeed corrupt right now, I hope we'll get an update from whoever is in charge soon.

However, if you still want to have an Ice-type on your team, try going for Rotom-F, Regice or Articuno instead, which are ranked MUCH higher than Glaceon.

If you want to know viable sets for these Pokemon, there's always the strategy Pokedex. (Though I'm not too sure if its outdated right now)

However, if you still want to have an Ice-type on your team, try going for Rotom-F, Regice or Articuno instead, which are ranked MUCH higher than Glaceon.

If you want to know viable sets for these Pokemon, there's always the strategy Pokedex. (Though I'm not too sure if its outdated right now)
regice:Focus Blast/Ice Beam/Tbolt/Rock Polish/ @ Life Orb
rotom-f:Tbolt/Volt Switch/Blizzard/Trick, HP ice @ Choice Scarf OR Sub/Wisp, Pain Split/Tbolt/Blizzard/ @ Lefties, Life Orb
articuno: Sub/Roost/Hurricane/Freeze-Dry @ Lefties, Life Orb OR Agility/Freeze-Dry/Hurricane/HP Ground/ @ Life Orb

Last edited:
hello, i was just wondering if glaceon is viable to use in battle
In addition to what the others above me were saying, Glaceon isn't viable because while it's powerful, it's just too slow to be able to be effective and has a limited movepool. While it's decently bulky, ice as a typing is pretty poor defensively. So yeah, the other ice types in PU are pretty much always a better choice for a team.

I noticed a conspicuous absence of even a mention of chatter on chatot's PU strategydex page. Is it banned in PU?

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, chatter was banned from the PU metagame a while ago. While not a spectacular move it made dealing with chatot more absurd than it should since with that 100% chance to confuse it could even cheese through its counters, etc, etc.

Long story short, it was unhealthy. Chatot isnt missing that move either.

I have a question about Gothitelle in the current suspect test in OU, sorry if this is the wrong people place to ask this. Are they talking about how Goth will be banned (and therefore be unusable in PU) or is it just Shadow Tag? Or is that something else they're discussing?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If goth were to be banned from OU it would leave PU and the rest of the lower tiers just the same as drought and drizzle leaving everything below because of UU's ban
E: o read his post and thought goth suspect not shadow tag

Last edited:
I have a question about Gothitelle in the current suspect test in OU, sorry if this is the wrong people place to ask this. Are they talking about how Goth will be banned (and therefore be unusable in PU) or is it just Shadow Tag? Or is that something else they're discussing?
If shadow tag gets banned goth will remain PU unless it somehow gets enough usage over the next 3 months to become ou again

Why is the AV switcheroo set for Lopunny considered bad? According to magnemite on the NP thread, anyways. I'm not for or against it in any way, I'm just curious.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
What exactly is Exeggutor's offensive harvest set?
It can use Colbur Berry with Harvest to consistently switch into Machoke with Knock Off and lure Pawniard. It can use Yache berry with harvest to switch into some offensive water types such as Floatzel. It can use Sitrus Berry an Substitute along with either Toxic or Leech Seed to stall out certain pokemon.

Exeggutor @ Colbur Berry/Yache Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder/Leaf Storm
- Synthesis/HP Fighting

176 speed is what I use to outspeed Adamant Golem.

Why is the AV switcheroo set for Lopunny considered bad? According to magnemite on the NP thread, anyways. I'm not for or against it in any way, I'm just curious.
it's just really gimmicky and not worth the team slot for one gimmick. Defensive teams aren't great right now anyway so you dont' gain much from using it, and using boosting items with Limber allows Lopunny to actually be useful offensively as well as for its support capabilities.

No, berries knocked off can't be harvested back, but with resist berries like Colbur, they activate before actually getting Knock Offed, so they can be recovered.

yo i'm a doubles player and I'd want to get into a singles tier, I chose to try PU because shit user SpaceBass kept saying it was good and everyone circlejerks over how fun this tier is.
I have no clue what to do in singles anymore since last time i played singles was DPP OU and BW Ubers. Since then, things have changed, both on teambuilding and how to play game.

Disregarding how to play, and regarding more so how to teambuild, I'd like to ask: how the fuck to I PU?

also regardless of how cool this tier is doubles is still the supreme smogon meta :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)