Spriting Contest - Contest #8: Spriter of the Month: Ice-cold Claws - NEXT CONTEST COMING SOON

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Team Mandry

I decided to go with the name Team Mandry. Mandry means 'freeze' in Malagasy, which apparently is a language. Their master typing is Ice. And try to catch all all Ice type Pokémon they come across. Their ultimate goal is to cover the entire globe beneath a layer of snow and ice. In order to reach this goal, they need to have the legendary Pokémon; Kyurem. Their team consists of 2 grunts and 1 leader. Let me introduce you to the team!

On the left we have the ♂ grunt; Roberto.

Roberto is the headstrong grunt in the pack. He always thinks what he does it right and does not care about other people their opinions. What he wants, will happen. And if not, he will make it happen.

In the middle we have the ♀ grunt; Hailey.

Hailey is comparable to that 1 kid in class that always reports stuff to the teacher. Whenever a team member misbehaves or makes a mistake, she will make sure the team leader knows this. As annoying as it might sound, what she does comes in handy quite often. She complements the tier leader immaculately!

And on the far right we have the ♂ leader; Francesco.

Francesco is the most mature member in the team. He keeps his head cool and always makes the correct decisions. Even with the biggest set-back, he solves the issue single-handedly to make sure their mission doesn't fail.

The team members:

The leaders team:

Will they ever be victorious? Will their goal keep the distance? Or will their entire plan backfire?
I honestly doubt it, because let's be real, what does one have for a well-played Beartic?

Thanks to:
Bummer , Sunfished , SparksBlade , Blawado and the rest of the Deutsche room!

EDIT: To clear up some confusion, no I did not scratch these sprites. And nor do I intend to take the credit for them. I cut sprites and put them together. The last sprite was a recolor. Even though I thought this was obvious, some people thought I tried to take credit.

Last edited:
TEAM ALPHA

I gave my team epithet "Team Alpha". This team is composed of people from different regions who gathered together to quell their sufferings by using the power of The Alpha Pokemon, Arceus to change the World as they think God is the one responsible for the sufferings they experienced and they wish to exact revenge for it. They have dug into Team Plasma's research after its disbandment and now with this information and some other Intelligence they can summon the Legendary Pokemon. Can they change their Fate? Will they be able to alleviate their suffering? The team prefers using Normal, Psychic and Dark type Pokemon.

Grunt Duo.PNG

Team Alpha Grunt ♂ Simon :
He is from Kanto. He is the laid back member of group who only speaks when needed. One day he was returning to his home after winning first prize for Painting only to see his Parents and Elder Sister murdered by some robbers. Those red walls and pale bodies of his family made him distance out and grow a cocoon around himself. His dependability and calmness is his biggest asset.

Team Alpha Grunt ♀ Violet :

Violet is from Unova. She is a very blunt and outspoken member and makes up for Simon's quietness. She is very clever outwitting people with her razor sharp wits. But her serrated tongue is the real deal. She was cheated by her lover whom she considered her soulmate. He turned her life into that of a prostitute. She still sees him in her nightmares tormenting her. Her wits and her street genius is her best asset.

Leader Alpha.PNG

Team Alpha Leader Yuri :
Yuri is from Sinnoh. She is a prodigy who possesses psychic powers. She is very level headed member who loves her comrades very deeply. She wants to re-animate the world to remove suffering while only thing she wants is to ask her mother why she left her alone in the Woods the moment she was born. Her love and caring side while still being level headed and calculating nature which keeps her two steps ahead her enemies, making her a formidable member.

Leader's Team :

TEAM ORGY

This team's aim is to win teambats and collect all the phallically-shaped Pokémon. Commonly used pokemon include Honedge's evolution line for obvious reasons.

Team ORGY Grunt ♂ Django
(now ginger-free!)

Django is the team scapegoat. He is the butt of most jokes and the one who takes all the blame whenever something goes wrong.

Team ORGY Grunt ♀ Hikari

Hikari is the team tsundere. She uses a lot of sarcasm and never bothers to fix her watch that's always 30 minutes behind.

Team ORGY Grand Dragon Vuvu

He is slim and petite too, and he plays cello.

Vuvu's Team:

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TEAM ORIGIN

Team Origin Grunt Male and Female
and
Team Origin Leader Johnson

The purpose of the team is to bring back to life the mother of Johnson who is dead when he was 8 years old. Her mother was killed by a Bisharp. Since this time, he devotes all his time to this. He recrutes people who had no work and help him to the ultime operation: MOTHER-Z. His powerful Porygon-Z help him for the researches. (He get back the body of her mom by destroying an hospital with his Tyranitar.) Finally Johnson sometimes take the control of a entire city to develop his researches.

(sorry if my english is not that good i'm not a native english speaker :x)

Flerovium

In my element.
My team is called Team Genesis. They are commanded by Ciro, whose goal is to gain control of the world by altering the genetic material of Pokémon, thus making them stronger.

Team Genesis Grunt (Female):
upload_2015-11-15_9-16-29.png

Team Genesis Grunt (Male):
upload_2015-11-15_9-17-40.png

Team Genesis Boss Ciro:
upload_2015-11-15_11-53-45.png

Although no-one knows his exact age, Ciro is over a hundred years old, and his body has been maintained for so long by harnessing the life energy of Pokémon, but this has left his body physically weak.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voting Period
All the participants have finished their works, it's time to nominate the best sprites ! During 3 days, everybody on smogon could be able to vote, here are the rules to follow:
  • You will have to vote for 1 team
  • The participants can also vote
  • Give a brief explanation of why you have chosen this team
  • Once you have voted, you can't edit it, so make sure to choose the right team.
End of the votes: 18/11/2015

The villainous teams:

Awu
TEAM STELLAR
I called that team Team Stellar, it is composed by people who are rich. Their goal isn't about stealing pokemons, they just want to dominate the world and their main goal is to kill Jirachi. Their leader has a Deoxys and Team Stellar venerates this pokemon.

Their main types are
types and they use stellar pokemons (basically pokemons that learn cosmic power). I wanted to do something related to space and stars for the Team Stellar. Here are the respective male and female grunts:

Their leader is called Leader Callisto which is a moon of Jupiter planet; here is her sprite:

Her team:

Jellal Fernnandes
Team Sygna

I named the team "Team Sygna". It is composed of people who people who wanted to change the way humanity thinks. Once upon a time, their goal was to help the poor and needy. The leader, Daniel, was a spoiled brat. But, one day, his perspective on wealth had changed.It was all because of his visit to the third world countries with his father. He saw that people worked harder than his father but they still got payed less. He felt that he needed to donate most of his wealth to the poor. So he did. But those who he gave his wealth to, they came back for more and more. They started fighting amongst one another so that they could steal each others money. Daniel was shocked to see greed. He thought that instead of money, he should've given them land so they wouldn't fight as much. But he figured that their greed was never ending. He felt that all humans share this greed. So he vowed to kill all of them. You decide who is right and who is wrong.

Team Sygna mostly use steel and bug types.

Here are the male and female grunts:

The leader, Daniel, is based off a stage of my life, when I had lost hope in humanity. Here he is:

Daniel uses:-

Kasumi♥
Team Mandry

I decided to go with the name Team Mandry. Mandry means 'freeze' in Malagasy, which apparently is a language. Their master typing is Ice. And try to catch all all Ice type Pokémon they come across. Their ultimate goal is to cover the entire globe beneath a layer of snow and ice. In order to reach this goal, they need to have the legendary Pokémon; Kyurem. Their team consists of 2 grunts and 1 leader. Let me introduce you to the team!

On the left we have the ♂ grunt; Roberto.
Roberto is the headstrong grunt in the pack. He always thinks what he does it right and does not care about other people their opinions. What he wants, will happen. And if not, he will make it happen.

In the middle we have the ♀ grunt; Hailey.
Hailey is comparable to that 1 kid in class that always reports stuff to the teacher. Whenever a team member misbehaves or makes a mistake, she will make sure the team leader knows this. As annoying as it might sound, what she does comes in handy quite often. She complements the tier leader immaculately!

And on the far right we have the ♂ leader; Francesco.
Francesco is the most mature member in the team. He keeps his head cool and always makes the correct decisions. Even with the biggest set-back, he solves the issue single-handedly to make sure their mission doesn't fail.

The team members:

The leaders team:

Will they ever be victorious? Will their goal keep the distance? Or will their entire plan backfire?
I honestly doubt it, because let's be real, what does one have for a well-played Beartic?

Cynthia612
TEAM ALPHA

I gave my team epithet "Team Alpha". This team is composed of people from different regions who gathered together to quell their sufferings by using the power of The Alpha Pokemon, Arceus to change the World as they think God is the one responsible for the sufferings they experienced and they wish to exact revenge for it. They have dug into Team Plasma's research after its disbandment and now with this information and some other Intelligence they can summon the Legendary Pokemon. Can they change their Fate? Will they be able to alleviate their suffering? The team prefers using Normal, Psychic and Dark type Pokemon.

Team Alpha Grunt ♂ Simon :
He is from Kanto. He is the laid back member of group who only speaks when needed. One day he was returning to his home after winning first prize for Painting only to see his Parents and Elder Sister murdered by some robbers. Those red walls and pale bodies of his family made him distance out and grow a cocoon around himself. His dependability and calmness is his biggest asset.

Team Alpha Grunt ♀ Violet :

Violet is from Unova. She is a very blunt and outspoken member and makes up for Simon's quietness. She is very clever outwitting people with her razor sharp wits. But her serrated tongue is the real deal. She was cheated by her lover whom she considered her soulmate. He turned her life into that of a prostitute. She still sees him in her nightmares tormenting her. Her wits and her street genius is her best asset.

Team Alpha Leader Yuri :
Yuri is from Sinnoh. She is a prodigy who possesses psychic powers. She is very level headed member who loves her comrades very deeply. She wants to re-animate the world to remove suffering while only thing she wants is to ask her mother why she left her alone in the Woods the moment she was born. Her love and caring side while still being level headed and calculating nature which keeps her two steps ahead her enemies, making her a formidable member.

Leader's Team :

VuvuzelaBzz
TEAM ORGY

This team's aim is to win teambats and collect all the phallically-shaped Pokémon. Commonly used pokemon include Honedge's evolution line for obvious reasons.

Team ORGY Grunt ♂ Django
(now ginger-free!)

Django is the team scapegoat. He is the butt of most jokes and the one who takes all the blame whenever something goes wrong.

Team ORGY Grunt ♀ Hikari

Hikari is the team tsundere. She uses a lot of sarcasm and never bothers to fix her watch that's always 30 minutes behind.

Team ORGY Grand Dragon Vuvu

He is slim and petite too, and he plays cello.

Vuvu's Team:

[/quote]

SiTuM'parleT'mort
TEAM ORIGIN

Team Origin Grunt Male and Female
and
Team Origin Leader Johnson

The purpose of the team is to bring back to life the mother of Johnson who is dead when he was 8 years old. Her mother was killed by a Bisharp. Since this time, he devotes all his time to this. He recrutes people who had no work and help him to the ultime operation: MOTHER-Z. His powerful Porygon-Z help him for the researches. (He get back the body of her mom by destroying an hospital with his Tyranitar.) Finally Johnson sometimes take the control of a entire city to develop his researches.

Valiancy
My team is called Team Genesis. They are commanded by Ciro, whose goal is to gain control of the world by altering the genetic material of Pokémon, thus making them stronger.

Team Genesis Grunt (Female):

Team Genesis Grunt (Male):

Team Genesis Boss Ciro:

Although no-one knows his exact age, Ciro is over a hundred years old, and his body has been maintained for so long by harnessing the life energy of Pokémon, but this has left his body physically weak.

Last edited:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
My vote goes to; VuvuzelaBzz

I really like the Aegislash-line theme you put in the sprites. Even though I am not a fan of the female sprite, you make up for it with the leader sprite which is also Can't say's custom avatar. That's really well done and I congratulate you on pulling that off so ridiculously well! Great job!

Awu you forgot the rest of my team members lol

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Gonna throw my vote for Awu-chan and Team Stellar this week :3
"they just want to dominate the world and their main goal is to kill Jirachi"
Jirachi is full of hax and the world will be better without it (but it's cute).
Matching constellation outfits for the whole team looks eye-catching.
Leader is very fitting and easily distinguishable from the Grunts.
Nice to see Mega Waifu there so that's a minor bonus~

Voting for Kasumi♥'s team, as there's a fair amount of clean customisation that's gone on and the update on their shading was a significant upgrade.

Reisen

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello guys,

I'm very sorry for being that late, but with the recent events in Paris I've been quite busy irl. The voting period ends, thank you to the participants, it was really nice to see all the inspirations and different works, let's announce the winner now !

Spriter of the Week - 1st place: Kasumi♥ - 3 votes in total

Team Mandry

VuvuzelaBzz earns 2 points with this contest
Jellal Fernandes earns 1 point with this contest
Awu earns 1 point with this contest

Thank you to everyone and be prepared for the next contest that will start the 22/11/2015 !

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Hubba I forgot to vote lol!! Well anyways, I really liked Kasumi's sprites! They were so good @~@ I really liked the male grunt on the best!
Shoutout to Cynthia612, your sprites have been geting hella better~ I really like the leader's sprite so much 10/10 on the kimono doe :] it was really pretty~

Looking forward to the next contest!

Thanks so much twerk
And even I forgot to vote ;-;
Liked awu's and kasumi's very much very clean and honourable mention of vuvu for female grunt its looking very good.

Reisen

Have you ever wanted to change the color palette of one pokemon because you found that something else would be better on it ? Well this contest will be based on that ! In this contest, you will simply have to change the color palette of a pokemon family. Here are the rules:

• You will have to take a pokemon with 3 evolution stages, for example Squirtle
  • You will have to make a shiny version of the new colorization of the family (which means that you will have a total of 6 sprites)
  • You will have to give an explanation on why you have chosen this color palette
  • Stealing or using other people's work is not allowed
Good luck to all the participants !

Deadline: 29/11/2015 GMT + 2
If the participants don't post their sprites before that date, their participation will not be considered.

Participants:

Awu
Cynthia612
Nightmare Serum
Ice-cold Claws
Kasumi♥
To Kill a Chatot
Twerkerella

New colorization sprites:

Nightmare Serum

VuvuzelaBzz

Kasumi♥

Awu

Twerkerella

Cynthia612

WINNER OF THE NEW COLORIZATION CONTEST:

1st place: Nightmare Serum - 4 votes in total

2nd place: Twerkerella - 3 votes in total

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)