The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who thinks Cam is not a top 10 QB is on crack. Top 5 we can debate, but outside the top 10, with everything he can contribute to his offense, is just retarded.
the people on crack are the ones who think there are 8-10 elite QBs lol no one ever said Cam wasn't top 10

he can't both be elite and debatedly not top 5, it doesn't work like that. only elite QBs right now are Brady, Brees and ARod, not only based off this year and based off the past 3+ years. I don't think anyone can argue that Cam is on that level yet or ever has been

Joe Flacco low key tore his ACL

and the ravens owe him 30 million next year
this is an interesting situation, as IMO they would have been in an understandable position to dump him before the injury. can they really commit to extending him with the way he's been playing? they obviously can't pay him as much money as they have planned the next 3 years, and even though 25+ million in dead money is a lot to pay him next year it'd still be understandable even if he could come back by September, which is far from guaranteed. this might be the perfect excuse the Ravens need to move on from Flacco, as awful as it sounds.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
When it rains it pours, IR for everybody

Suggs, Elam, Perriman, Smitty, Taliaferro, Zuttah, Pitta, Forsett, and now Flacco. We'll be back next year hopefully, was fun.

Edit @ above: there's no way the Ravens are giving up Flacco lol chill out

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Suggs, Elam, Perriman, Smitty, Taliaferro, Zuttah, Pitta, Forsett, and now Flacco. We'll be back next year hopefully, was fun.

Hahaha I can't even get mad, this seasons injury toll has just been beyond a joke. Its something you'd see in a movie. At least now we can get the tank well and truly going now, a 3-13 season should hopefully secure us the top overall pick.

Reactions: rs

Edit @ above: there's no way the Ravens are giving up Flacco lol chill out
Do you really believe that? We've seen Flacco's best, and outside of one playoff stretch he's been decidedly average. He's not guaranteed to bounce back from this injury next season, so it'll probably be 2017 before we see Flacco back to his old self, his old self being rather mediocre. Meanwhile they'll be paying him nearly $30 million next year to a) maybe not be ready by week 1 and b) probably be playing at a lower level than we've seen. Given his play they can't extend his contract to spread out the cap hit.

Alternatively, they will have a top 3 or top 5 pick and be in prime position to pick up another quarterback that they can pay $30 million for the next 5 seasons. It's not just a smart football move, it's a smart business move to move on right now. I said it 3 years ago when they signed Flacco to this contract in the first place: They would basically be forced to extend or cut him after this season. IMO the decision has been made easy for them now.

Flacco is grossly over paid (then again every qb except Tom Brady who has a heart of gold is) but whats the alternative?

The Ravens are stuck with Flacco.

Ok so you ditch Flacco and then what. It's not like there is an excess of QBs that are on Flaccos level, even if he is league average.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Do you really believe that? We've seen Flacco's best, and outside of one playoff stretch he's been decidedly average. He's not guaranteed to bounce back from this injury next season, so it'll probably be 2017 before we see Flacco back to his old self, his old self being rather mediocre. Meanwhile they'll be paying him nearly $30 million next year to a) maybe not be ready by week 1 and b) probably be playing at a lower level than we've seen. Given his play they can't extend his contract to spread out the cap hit.

Alternatively, they will have a top 3 or top 5 pick and be in prime position to pick up another quarterback that they can pay $30 million for the next 5 seasons. It's not just a smart football move, it's a smart business move to move on right now. I said it 3 years ago when they signed Flacco to this contract in the first place: They would basically be forced to extend or cut him after this season. IMO the decision has been made easy for them now.
I've watched every minute of every game this season and I can say Flacco is not the issue this year lol. In the playoff run you mentioned, he had an insane amount of weapons at his disposal (Torrey, Q, Pitta, Jacoby, etc.). If you provide him with the weapons that he should've had all year (Perriman, Pitta to an extent, and Smitty), he would've earned his money. Flacco should've had Perriman to stretch the field this year with the big arm, but it didn't happen, so in terms of passing Joe was pretty one-dimensional this year; with Smitty going down it made matters even worse for the passing game. Sure, Joe can't make any WR a "weapon" like a Brady or Rodgers, but when you provide him with "weapons", he can be an 'elite' quarterback like the others, just like in that aforementioned playoff/Super Bowl run. He was going to have to restructure after this season anyway with that cap hit.. if anything a bad season + the injury is grounds for paying him less, which I'm all for. Even if he doesn't restructure that much (but let's be real here he should), I'd be fine with paying him; he's a proven quarterback (GOTTA RING) and tbh an ACL shouldn't hurt a //mostly// pocket passer's game that much (looking at Brady and Palmer).. any Ravens fan knows it would be really stupid to let him go, especially since the real problems lie in the injuries and the 4th quarter defense. Looking forward to next year though when all his "weapons" are back. I don't really want to argue about this anymore since the cuts are still fresh so I'm done posting about Flacco :[

tl:dr if Flacco has weapons ---> earns his money

Flacco is still elite d;^)

cam newton was reading this thread
Dammit you stole my post >.< I guess that's what I get for being slow.
Anyway, big win for the Colts. If they can come back against the Falcons, I'm confident they can win out. The rest of their schedule is piss easy. The only threat was Atlanta and we won. We have 3 division games which, sorry Jaguars fans Deschain and xJownage, are gimmes because the Colts easily dominate their division. Followed by an injured Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Miami. Even if they don't beat the Steelers, they should be 5-1 in that 6 game stretch and finish 10-6 with the 4th seed. Not as good as 11-5 in years past, Andrew Luck has played through some serious pain all year regardless of the Injury Report, however I have a renewed confidence in my team and nothing should stop them from making the playoffs and possibly winning the WC Round.

He was going to have to restructure after this season anyway with that cap hit.. if anything a bad season + the injury is grounds for paying him less, which I'm all for. Even if he doesn't restructure that much (but let's be real here he should), I'd be fine with paying him; he's a proven quarterback (GOTTA RING) and tbh an ACL shouldn't hurt a //mostly// pocket passer's game that much (looking at Brady and Palmer).. any Ravens fan knows it would be really stupid to let him go, especially since the real problems lie in the injuries and the 4th quarter defense.
That's not how contract renegotiations work in the NFL. Flacco has absolutely no reason or incentive to take a pay cut, and generally the only time pay cuts really happen in the NFL are when a veteran player is threatened with being let go. The Ravens are on the hook for more than $70 million over the next 3 years for Flacco's contract, and their only two other options are either extending him (spreading that money out by giving it to him now, and giving his contract additional years) or by cutting him. I highly doubt the first will happen, which makes me think the second is likely.

As for who to replace him with, there are three top-10 rated QB prospects likely coming out into this next draft class, and several more that should be there in rounds 2/3. The Ravens will likely get their pick of the litter, and if they bite the bullet on Flacco and take his dead money for 2016, with a new QB they can start building for 2017 with a new face at QB. As it stands they are in the bottom 6 for projected cap space in 2016, 2017, and 2018, have little optimism to pin on next year, and have the ideal opportunity to move on, should they want to.

I'm so glad Bengals-Cardinals was flexed to sunday night. I'm sick of seeing the Cowboys or the Giants every other week, especially now that they both suck. If it's not some NFC East shitshow, it's the Patriots, Seahawks, or Packers, pandering to the 3 most obnoxious fanbases in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Bengals and Cardinals are good, but since they don't have a bunch of arrogant fans or a flashy QB, they get no respect.

I'm so glad Bengals-Cardinals was flexed to sunday night. I'm sick of seeing the Cowboys or the Giants every other week, especially now that they both suck. If it's not some NFC East shitshow, it's the Patriots, Seahawks, or Packers, pandering to the 3 most obnoxious fanbases in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Bengals and Cardinals are good, but since they don't have a bunch of arrogant fans or a flashy QB, they get no respect.
Eh i actually agree(not about the giants tho, cause theyre probably the best team in the nfc). The game has been fun, it wouldn't have been in years past when these two teams had no offense.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I mean, the "ideal opportunity" would have been the Ravens not giving Flacco $57483534953857345935735 in the first place.

Bengals/Cards was probably the best choice this week for a schedule flex but it bothers me that the Cardinals were on SNF two weeks in a row.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Anyway, big win for the Colts. If they can come back against the Falcons, I'm confident they can win out. The rest of their schedule is piss easy. The only threat was Atlanta and we won. We have 3 division games which, sorry Jaguars fans Deschain and xJownage, are gimmes because the Colts easily dominate their division. Followed by an injured Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, and Miami. Even if they don't beat the Steelers, they should be 5-1 in that 6 game stretch and finish 10-6 with the 4th seed. Not as good as 11-5 in years past, Andrew Luck has played through some serious pain all year regardless of the Injury Report, however I have a renewed confidence in my team and nothing should stop them from making the playoffs and possibly winning the WC Round.
The colts schedule is still harder than the jags and the texans are looking good, and all 3 still play each other so i dont see your point with this.

Btw the falcons gave the game away and played like shit this isnt a huge win or anything...

playing the Jags in 2015 is not a "gimme".

the Colts are very lucky to have as many wins as they do, not the least of which is two missed FG in the Jags game, either of which would have made that W an L.

i'm not saying the Colts won't win the division, but this Colts team is not the "dominate" Colts team they have been in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)